Sign in to follow this  
abx

Suggestion to make slashing more survivable

It's a simple suggestion to make the counselors more survivable against slashing Jasons. Last match I played as Tommy I was lucky enough to find another knife, so I could survive 2 grabs, but no the running Jason threw knives at me, slowed me down  to 20% and slashed me. The counselors are waaaay too slow when they are injured.
Solution Can we make it 50% of the speed instead of 20% when they are injured?

2 hours ago, abx said:

It's a simple suggestion to make the counselors more survivable against slashing Jasons. Last match I played as tommy I was lucky enough to find another knife, so I could survive 2 grabs, but no the running Jason threw knives at me, slowed me down  to 20% and slashed me. The couselors are waaaay too slow when they are injured.
Solution Can we make it 50% of the speed instead of 20% when they are injured?

An injured counselor should be slower and easier to catch. Their injured speed is just fine no change is needed.

Here are a few Solutions for you....

Step 1) Avoid knives thrown at you.

Step 2) Always assume a Jason will slash you when you are Tommy because all Jason players know he spawns in with a pocket knife.

Step 3) If you follow step one Jason will usually never catch a Tommy to slash him to death.

Step 4) Equipping perks like Thick skin and medic will also help with this situation.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

An injured counselor should be slower and easier to catch. Their injured speed is just fine no change is needed.

Here are a few Solutions for you....

Step 1) Avoid knives thrown at you.

Step 2) Always assume a Jason will slash you when you are Tommy because all Jason players know he spawns in with a pocket knife.

Step 3) If you follow step one Jason will usually never catch a Tommy to slash him to death.

Step 4) Equipping perks like Thick skin and medic will also help with this situation.

I typically slash Tommy if there are a number of counselors still left in a match.

If he's the last one standing, I'll take my time with him and make him waste that knife, and give him a good environmental kill in the end.

• Like 1

the stamina management most of the times is not my forte, Jason will eventually catch me even with Tommy.

If a Jason starts slashing and for some reason I have no stamina, I resort to hitting and dodging. Getting a stun off will help you gain distance from a Jason so you can get to a cabin. 

17 hours ago, abx said:

the stamina management most of the times is not my forte, Jason will eventually catch me even with Tommy.

As @Siph says use combat if necessary to help you get from point A to Point B allowing you to hop in a window to gain more stamina....

Hitting Jason will give you a stamina boost as well as hopping in and out of windows.

Also the restful perk is a good one to use as it helps regeneration of stamina quicker when standing or crouched still.

the problem is when you are alone combat is extra risky, sometimes he can grab you at the first try, and if you don't have a pocket knife, then it's probably over.

15 hours ago, abx said:

Stamina management is easy. Stop running everywhere... jogging works and gives off less sound pings, non if you are A.J. or Tommy for that matter. Stop and let your stamina regenerate now and again, preferably before it gets too low... easy to do if Jason is not right behind you. It is much nicer when you see Jason and you have full, or close to full stamina instead of half stamina or less.
    Running, particularly when there are only a couple counselors left... or just you for that matter, produces sound pings and gives your position away to Jason from across the map. Patience can go a long way in this game... but it still will not save you all the time.
    Stamina management also requires you to keep your fear level down, which is impossible in Jason's presence. With zero or low fear, your stamina regenerates incredibly quickly. The no fear build is far superior to even a legendary restful perk... but restful works VERY well with two fear resistance perks. When your fear gets high, your stamina regenerations slows to a crawl.
    Even a running Jason CANNOT catch up to any counselor jogging when chasing them in a straight line... it does look like he is catching up sometimes... but if he is, the chase for Jason has veered of and given him a shorter angle to catch up to you... angle of attack is everything to the slower moving participant. Playing a running Jason makes this obvious... In a straight line chase, you simply CANNOT gain ground on ANY jogging counselor... until they run out of stamina... which is another reason why stamina management is very important.

12 hours ago, Siph said:

If a Jason starts slashing and for some reason I have no stamina, I resort to hitting and dodging. Getting a stun off will help you gain distance from a Jason so you can get to a cabin. 

Some players are very adept at dodging... or telegraphing a slash or grab... and can punish missed swings or grabs very easily and run circles around a Jason player that has some skill unscathed for some time. @GeneiJin is VERY well practiced with the combat system and can be a challenge to fight 1 on 1 even in rage mode. I have a few other friends that can do this fairly consistently too, Jin is just the best I have seen at combat. It just takes practice... lots of practice.
    Properly timed quick throws are the bane of solo combatants... hit them as they take their swing and cancel the attack and immediately slash. A counselor can block a throwing knife in combat, but not when trying to attack... Even swift attacker is useless if the Jason player is good with quick throws and knows you are using that perk... which is obvious after the first attack from the counselor. 

1 hour ago, abx said:

the problem is when you are alone combat is extra risky, sometimes he can grab you at the first try, and if you don't have a pocket knife, then it's probably over.

Combat is supposed to be VERY risky when alone against our favorite slasher... Jason is supposed to be over powered compared to the counselors. The counselor side is more about team work to complete objectives, which objective does not matter... be it repair and escape, call the cops or kill Jason... Teamwork is very difficult to accomplish in quick play with nothing but randoms, but it does happen.... sometimes. If players push as many objectives as they can... someone is escaping every time... Jason's biggest weakness is that he cannot be in two places at once.
    With practice, you can become VERY good at the combat system in this game and still hold your own against very skilled Jason players, even in rage... But it takes a lot of practice... and you will die a lot before getting good at it. 

The grab is a bit hit and miss, but many players have gotten used to it since the last change to it. We have to aim it far more accurately than the previous grab... and yes, if he grabs you and you are alone, without a pocket knife... you are more than likely not getting out of the grip. Some Jason players do enjoy environment kills and when they try to use them, this is your best chance to break free.
    If you are playing Tommy, most Jason players will slash you down... There are reasons for this. Tommy is required for the Jason kill... slashing him down is just the smart thing to do as he starts with a pocket knife... and the pocket knife automatically breaks you free with a stamina bonus to start the chase all over again.
    Also... the pocket knife stun also leaves Jason open to an attack as he comes out of the stun which he cannot defend against... This DOES do damage towards demasking, even though there are some players here that will tell you otherwise... Losing my own mask almost exclusively to this tactic somehow tells me that Jason can be easily demasked this way... Also... demasking Jason myself MANY times using this tactic somehow confirms it even further that it DOES do damage towards demasking Jason.
    If there is a female counselor with the sweater, or one that may yet grab the sweater... Tommy is a high priority target... and no one wants to have to start the chase all over again when the sweater is still in play, or is still a possibility... So many Tommy players just get slashed down instead of grabbed.

Thanks for all the the useful info :)

I usually love to grab Tommy at the end, or anyone for that matter. But sometimes slashing is the best option especially when you are surrounded with counselors that want tot beat your ass.  :)  I don't mind giving Tommy points for his pocket knife, because I know once he's used it I get an almost certain death grab on him. And i also love doing environmental kills, when they are not bugged. About demasking, a guy told me that with Brandon all it takes is 4 hits with the machete, regardless of perks he said, and he proved it to me as Jason... 

And also to prevent you being killed as Jason, you can kill the female with the sweater, it's usually faster than killing Tommy, but not necessarily. I think others are unable to pickup the sweater from a dead body, as if I remember correctly, the sweater disappears after the female counselor dies. Maybe it returns back to the shack? However if they are in a hurry to kill you and you are in rage, without a mask, then you are a poor Jason boy. It's unlikely that the sweater will miss its stun (although, I hear it's possible too).

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Properly timed quick throws are the bane of solo combatants... hit them as they take their swing and cancel the attack and immediately slash.

I've realized that you can predict a Jason's next move by just dancing around them and seeing how they react. Do they slash? Do they go for a grab? Do they try to avoid a hit? Or do they try to counter you with a throwing knife? If that's the case then going for a hit may not be the correct choice. In most cases, your hit should be unpredictable to be effective enough so the Jason player has less time to react to it. It's a lot of mindgaming but that's what's expected in a game of Cat and Mouse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abx said:

. I think others are unable to pickup the sweater from a dead body, as if I remember correctly, the sweater disappears after the female counselor dies. Maybe it returns back to the shack? However if they are in a hurry to kill you and you are in rage, without a mask, then you are a poor Jason boy. It's unlikely that the sweater will miss its stun (although, I hear it's possible too).

Once the Sweater Girl is being killed, the sweater disappears and it is gone for good in that match. No one else has an opportunity to get it.

There has been a few reported instances of the sweater not stunning, but I haven't ran across or heard of it happening anytime here recently.

17 hours ago, abx said:

That is why combating Jason is fun, he can end your game if you make a ill-timed mistake.  Learn to deal with it, take my word as someone who died from slashes more than just about anyone.

15 hours ago, abx said:

It's unlikely that the sweater will miss its stun (although, I hear it's possible too).

13 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

There has been a few reported instances of the sweater not stunning, but I haven't ran across or heard of it happening anytime here recentl

From my understanding of it, it is a radius "attack" about maybe 10-13 ft.  It will always "activate" when Jason is inside of it.  However, it doesn't mean Jason will be effected by it, such as still in recovery from a stun, or he could be "unstunnable" in the case he was pulled out of shift during it's startup.