Which option is the most important to you?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which option is the most important to you?

• Adjust the values
    • Adjust the mechanics (Change how certain perks function)
    • Modify the acquisition method
    • Restrict certain perk combinations
    • Other (elaborate if you choose this option)
  2. 2. Should the players get a fourth perk slot to use in-game?

3. 3. Would you like to have the maximum number of perks held raised from 30?

We know the lawsuit ties the hands of the developers. We also know that the perks need some changes. Give your two cents.

@mattshotcha, perhaps some time after the high priority stuff gets addressed, you and the team could do something with this information and feedback.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1) The perk rolling nonsense needs to go. It does not make sense and leaves the quality of the perk up to a random chance. I have seen people with 30 EPIC perks and here I sit still rolling for at least uncommon Medic / Thick Skin perk after 300 hours of gameplay.

2) Since the majority of the perks in the game are currently useless, I am all for four perk slots.

3) Do not care either way.

• Like 2

1. Modify

2. Yes 4. I think even more could be acceptable if done in a way that gives both more choice and encourages variety. 

3. Yes. The library needs to be larger, just doing that could expand people’s interest in trying different builds.

Thanks for the Poll @Fair Play.

Not only have they teased fixing the perk methods for so long, but what happened to when perks were told to have ACTUAL EFFECTS.  Like legendaries having percents up to 60% on things, not getting a legendary with 5 percent% -_-     I swear, they said when legendaries came out that perks would be WAYYY more powerful than they actually are.    Aswell as being level 150, i shouldnt need to roll like 45 times to get a legendary. I know ive got a boatload of CP left now that i dont need it, but that doesnt mean i should use all of it to get a couple legendaries O-O

1. The values could be changed. Some perks the percentage needs raised heavily. Others could stay the same. And get rid of negatives on legendary perks. Also some of the bonus effects on legendaries are so small it doesn’t make much difference..... maybe those could be upped to. 

2. I would like a 4th slot. This is the most perks counselors would ever need in game. 

3. This needs raised above 30

• Like 1

I Still say maybe counselors could earn or get 6 perk slots and carry 6 perks in a match.

why not have unlocks for extra slot boxes.

i also think that avoiding Jasons sense detection inside cabins and outside cabins should be combined into one perk and avoiding jasons sense detection needs to be better and more effective.

1- Change the perk-a-lotto system or make it easier to get better perks the higher your current lvl/rank is. Alternatively on top of the rolling perk system they can implement some kind of progression system where you get a random Epic or Legendary perk every 10 Level ups.

2- Rework useless perks... Like 85% of the perk collection is useless. Even if they buff heavy mover to 200% faster door barricade speed I'm not gonna equip that over a marathon or nerves of steel.

3- Some perks are just straight up AWFUL and they have horrible drawbacks too. For example Tinker not only makes repair mini games harder but it also reduces your overall stamina pool. Then we have Potent Ranger, Quiet Swimmer, Aquanaut, Evasion, Lonewolf, Grinder, Friendship and so on...

4- Legendary perks need to feel more "legendary" rather than mediocre. They're exactly the same as epics and often times offer worse drawbacks. The bonus effect is meaningless as well... 3% sense avoidance or 3% more weapon damage are just BAD.

Might edit my post later to add more ideas/suggestions since I just kind of typed this in a rush.

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

1- Change the perk-a-lotto system or make it easier to get better perks the higher your current lvl/rank is. Alternatively on top of the rolling perk system they can implement some kind of progression system where you get a random Epic or Legendary perk every 10 Level ups.

The funny thing about the current system is that I went for a long time without any uncommon perks. I think I got my first uncommon after I had gotten 4 or 5 legendary perks. I agree the system needs work.

2- Rework useless perks... Like 85% of the perk collection is useless. Even if they buff heavy mover to 200% faster door barricade speed I'm not gonna equip that over a marathon or nerves of steel.

I'd like to believe that certain "useless" perks will be given more sensible effects if and when the perk rework eventually happens.

3- Some perks are just straight up AWFUL and they have horrible drawbacks too. For example Tinker not only makes repair mini games harder but it also reduces your overall stamina pool. Then we have Potent Ranger, Quiet Swimmer, Aquanaut, Evasion, Lonewolf, Grinder, Friendship and so on... I think swapping certain drawbacks between certain perks might make things less awful.

4- Legendary perks need to feel more "legendary" rather than mediocre. They're exactly the same as epics and often times offer worse drawbacks. The bonus effect is meaningless as well... 3% sense avoidance or 3% more weapon damage are just BAD.

An option for legendary perks would be to make the primary positive effect's value a bit higher than an epic's perk, the negative effect a little lower (With a chance at a zero), and the secondary positive effect should be decent (not as high as the primary positive effect)

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:38 AM, Fair Play said:

An option for legendary perks would be to make the primary positive effect's value a bit higher than an epic's perk, the negative effect a little lower (With a chance at a zero), and the secondary positive effect should be decent (not as high as the primary positive effect)

There is a chance of 0% on penalties for all levels of perks already. I have a few legendary perks with zero penalties... so they are out there at least. It does suck that some legendary perks have the same values as epics... which makes ANY legendary perk with a 1% penalty worse than your epic perk with the same value and no penalty... many of the secondary bonuses are still not worth taking the penalty either... I hope they find a good balance for that at some point.

I will add... It is a bit premature to be saying if another perk slot would be a good thing or a bad thing, we know nothing about what is being done to any perks in the rework... BUT... an extra perk slot is a bad idea at this point... and could be an even worse idea after the perk upgrade reveals any changes to perk values.

11 minutes ago, Ahab said:

There is a chance of 0% on penalties for all levels of perks already. I have a few legendary perks with zero penalties... so they are out there at least. It does suck that some legendary perks have the same values as epics... which makes ANY legendary perk with a 1% penalty worse than your epic perk with the same value and no penalty... many of the secondary bonuses are still not worth taking the penalty either... I hope they find a good balance for that at some point.

I will add... It is a bit premature to be saying if another perk slot would be a good thing or a bad thing, we know nothing about what is being done to any perks in the rework... BUT... an extra perk slot is a bad idea at this point... and could be an even worse idea after the perk upgrade reveals any changes to perk values.

I'd be curious if any of the other perk rarities offer a 0% penalty. I've spoken to people who claim that to be the case, but have yet to see it myself. If anyone can verify this, I'd be happy to hear from you.

I've looked at both sides of the "fourth perk" argument. Ultimately, if the developers decide to offer a fourth slot (I don't favor either side of the argument), people don't have to necessarily use it. There are those that choose to go perk-free, or use just one or two perks to challenge themselves.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'd be curious if any of the other perk rarities offer a 0% penalty.

I would think they all have the possibility of 0% penalties. Other than my 14 Legendary perks (of which I only use one)… the rest of my perks are Epics... with 0% penalties almost all around. There was a lot of perk rolling to get these... and I will have to go in game to check exactly how many have no penalties to them... Hopefully I will think of that later when I am in game and get back to you. Remind me if you do not see another reply on this within a day.
   Most people would use the fourth perk slot if it was offered... and many perk builds consist of only two perks... thick skin and medic are bad enough by themselves... let alone with two no fear perks on the right counselor... Still a big NO on that one.