Strigoi

Adding 3 more slot boxes to each counselors Perk Options.

I Cant seem to make other people understand about making the game fun again.

Having a total of 6 perks that each counselor can use on their charachter would balance the game better.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Having a total of 6 perks that each counselor can use on their charachter would balance the game better.

Hmmmm Swift Attacker, Nerves of Steel, Medic, ThickedSkin, Marathon, and SuckerPunch on a Vanessa?  Doesn't sound broken At All.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Hmmmm Swift Attacker, Nerves of Steel, Medic, ThickedSkin, Marathon, and SuckerPunch on a Vanessa?  Doesn't sound broken At All.

Totally not broken! Its BALANCE.

• Haha 1

really you guys think that adding 3 more perk options in the slot boxes is stupid.

i think its a better suggestion than taking power away from Jason.

@Strigoi

The game doesn’t need to be easier for counselors to make it fun again.... it needs the bugs in it to be fixed....

As far as I am concerned More perks = taking powers away from Jason and are both equally bad ideas....

some would argue there are perks that need nerfed because they make counselors entirely too powerful as they are now.....

• Like 1

well im sure there are other people in this forum that belive that adding 3 more perks to a counselor might not be a bad idea.

1 minute ago, Strigoi said:

well im sure there are other people in this forum that belive that adding 3 more perks to a counselor might not be a bad idea.

Given how the current perk system is, yes it is a bad idea.  There is only 6-7 perks that are actually good that adds an substantial benefit towards surviving.  Most of the other perks are mostly useless or situational.  If the top perks in the game were removed, then it would be worth talking about adding more slots.

11 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Given how the current perk system is, yes it is a bad idea.  There is only 6-7 perks that are actually good that adds an substantial benefit towards surviving.  Most of the other perks are mostly useless or situational.  If the top perks in the game were removed, then it would be worth talking about adding more slots.

Hmm interesting. so i understand what your saying here. the bugs need fixed in the current perks first before adding anymore slot boxes.

well after the bugs are fixed and the other perks become more effective then maybe adding more slot boxes would work.

its too difficult to get purple perk options. 

my goal is to get a purple marathon,purple thick skinned,purple chance to avoid detection by jason,purple thrasher

Just now, Strigoi said:

well after the bugs are fixed and the other perks become more effective then maybe adding more slot boxes would work.

The problem of the perks system is just how overwhelming useful those 6 perks I mentioned.  IIRC, the perks where intended to only as a small advantage.  Medic + ThickedSkin combo adds more than just a small advantage.  If the other perks became more useful, that's more reason why they shouldn't add any more slots.

22 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

The problem of the perks system is just how overwhelming useful those 6 perks I mentioned.  IIRC, the perks where intended to only as a small advantage.  Medic + ThickedSkin combo adds more than just a small advantage.  If the other perks became more useful, that's more reason why they shouldn't add any more slots.

ok so your against adding more box slots for perks.

ok i thought you were agreeing with me that we need more perk slot boxes.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Strigoi

The game doesn’t need to be easier for counselors to make it fun again.... it needs the bugs in it to be fixed....

As far as I am concerned More perks = taking powers away from Jason and are both equally bad ideas....

some would argue there are perks that need nerfed because they make counselors entirely too powerful as they are now.....

It's exactly as OCT/31/1978 stats, Counselor doesn't need anything more.... or as the way I put it, they shouldn't buff counselors so Vanessa can benefit even more though it.  If it was something like up the minimum speed only or something that the slower counselor can survive better but not give Vanessa anything more I think that can help.   But even how thing are, I'm doing fine with my Jenny without medic or swift attacker on her currently.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Strigoi said:

What's there to make people understand? The game is fun how it is, minus the bugs/glitches, but they don't effect every game.

Just because you don't enjoy the game the way it is (the way the devs intended it to be) doesn't mean it's not fun for everyone else.

Going way out on a limb here, but I think having 6 slots could be fine. Hear me out, before you point out the obvious flaws with giving Counselors this kind of buff.

I’ve brought this up before and I’m sure it was better explained in the past but here’s how I’d do it. You break the perks into a Pyramid, three very weak perks can be selected at the bottom, two more powerful ones at the second level and a single meta perk at the top. The top perks would be Medic, Thick Skin and NoS, the middle would be for mostly attacking perks. Stealth and movement would be at the bottom with some movement ones being in the middle level. 

I think this could work to liven up the game without breaking it, in fact it will work as a nerf to the meta and force players to construct more interesting builds. Perks could also be linked so you might require a specific perk at a lower level to get the one you want at a higher level, I’d only do this if testing showed it was required though, don’t want to limit the options players have to explore interesting builds.

The laughable things you suggest makes me not even wanna waste my time explaining to you why you’re ideas are so crazy anymore. Especially when you don’t listen to anyone. Instead, I’ll just laugh to myself at the things you suggest. Keep on making silly ass suggestions to give me things to laugh at. 

• Like 1

I often find myself wishing for more perk slots, but 6 would be too much IMO.  Maybe make it 4 instead of 3 if anything.  

• Like 1

I just dont see how a counselor carrying 6 perks in one match is ridiculous.

not one person agrees with me.

dont you see the Rage Jason is super over powered and counselors cant ever reach Jasons level of power.

why not give counselors more power to sprint and more power to escape.

12 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

You break the perks into a Pyramid, three very weak perks can be selected at the bottom, two more powerful ones at the second level and a single meta perk at the top. The top perks would be Medic, Thick Skin and NoS, the middle would be for mostly attacking perks. Stealth and movement would be at the bottom with some movement ones being in the middle level. 

That would be one way to make it work. Personally I think some perks shouldn't be allowed to be equipped simultaneously: thick skin with medic or hypochondriac, or hypochondriac with medic, stamina perks on a high stamina character, etc.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Strigoi

You get a six pack at the next campfire.

20 hours ago, Strigoi said:

This looks like a job for a poll.

17 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

What's there to make people understand? The game is fun how it is, minus the bugs/glitches, but they don't effect every game.

Just because you don't enjoy the game the way it is (the way the devs intended it to be) doesn't mean it's not fun for everyone else.

I for one am still enjoying the game, despite the bugs. I can get by with three perks.

22 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Would you mind explaining your perception of balance? I think something is being lost in translation.

2 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

That would be one way to make it work. Personally I think some perks shouldn't be allowed to be equipped simultaneously: thick skin with medic or hypochondriac, or hypochondriac with medic, stamina perks on a high stamina character, etc.

If this system was implemented, a number of people would object to not being able to freely group their perks the way they want to.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

don't you see the Rage Jason is super over powered and counselors cant ever reach Jasons level of power.

Counselors never should be able to reach Jason’s level of power. He is supposed to be a powerful killing machine.

But to say he is super overpowered because of his rage is just short of comical. Once rage hits, sure, you can’t knock him on his ass anymore. But, that’s when he becomes very easy to kill. It’s not all doom and gloom like they way you are trying to paint this picture. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Counselors never should be able to reach Jason’s level of power. He is supposed to be a powerful killing machine.

But to say he is super overpowered because of his rage is just short of comical. Once rage hits, sure, you can’t knock him on his ass anymore. But, that’s when he becomes very easy to kill. It’s not all doom and gloom like they way you are trying to paint this picture. 

👆🏻This...

The counselors should always feel pressure from Jason.... if it’s equally balanced it defeats the purpose of what this asymmetrical game was even trying to achieve.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

It depends on the perks.

I am a person and I agreed with you, with conditions.

dont you see the Rage Jason is super over powered and counselors cant ever reach Jasons level of power.

Jason is still underpowered, I’d like to give the Counselors 6 perks but would also like more buffs for Jason.

I want to encourage the building of new perk sets that show some love to the perks no one takes and at the same time disrupt the meta, I know this isn’t what you wanted exactly but I think it’s as close to support that you’re going to get. 

9 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Thank you for the consideration, most combos could still be done and the stamina perks would be mid tier so I have a feeling they would be a lot of people’s first picks. The only real choice I’d be forcing on you, is to choose between one of the meta perks for top slot. It’s definitely a thing that would need some testing or balancing to be sure it wasn’t too disruptive but I think it would be possible to balance it. 

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

If this system was implemented, a number of people would object to not being able to freely group their perks the way they want to.

I think a lot of the bitching would be avoided if few things (other than the meta) were restricted. The ability to create new builds and personalize your Counselor further would drown out the annoyance at the change. If done in conjunction with the perk rework it could be very beneficial to the state of play, since we can only have balance adjustment, things like this are the things that can still be done to add any type of freshness to camp. 

(Almost) None of the people I regularly interact with in game or on the forum, need perks at all. The random’s in QP aren’t going to suddenly all be escaping because they have some more low tier perks. Yes hunting will be a bit harder as those stealth perks will get some love but sound pings and spam sense will just have to be used more efficiently. 

While I see what you’re saying about choice, people adapt and they’ll actually have more choice this way. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 4:34 AM, Strigoi said:

Balanced towards what exactly... 10 Jason kills out of 10 games for the hunters?... 1 counselor easily dominating Jason for 20 minutes?... Taking all form of challenge out of counselor play and putting way more of a challenge in even getting 1 kill as Jason?... No. Asymmetrical horror survival game... you seem to be missing the meaning of that.

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 5:49 AM, Strigoi said:

really you guys think that adding 3 more perk options in the slot boxes is stupid.

Giving so much more power to the counselors.... IS taking power away from Jason without touching his abilities. 

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 6:48 AM, Strigoi said:

its too difficult to get purple perk options. 

If other perks suddenly were made more effective, this would be a more horrible idea than it already is. Counselors need no buffs... and they have not needed any buffs for a VERY long time now.
    The inefficiency of rolling perks may be addressed if we ever see the perk rework... but making them too common just means everyone has all the top tier perks for EVERY perk they want within a day. This would also be a terrible idea... let alone adding more perk slots if it were implemented this way.

17 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Open your eyes and stop to think about it for a moment... and you too will see why this is ridiculous.

There is a reason for that... and it is full of logic.

Rage is NOT overpowered... it gave zero buffs for Jason to actually catch ANYONE... and it made it easier to kill him... how exactly does anything that makes him easier to kill make it overpowered?
   Counselors should NEVER be able to reach Jason's level of power.... for the simple reason that this is an asymmetrical horror survival game.... which it could NEVER be if one counselor could come even close to Jason's level of power, let alone seven counselors that can come close to his level of power. This is not "Super powered ninjas vs. Fluffy the Chew Toy."

For one simple reason... Counselors need no buffs and have not needed any buffs for a long time now.

@Slasher_Clone I understand why you think some restrictions to some combinations could justify another perk slot. I am not a fan of the meta perk using counselors either. But three slots is enough... and we have no idea what, or if... anything will be done to certain perks with the upgrade. Just one more perk slot could hurt far more than it could help, even with restrictions as you suggest.
    Certain other combinations that many players do not use now would be utterly useless if restrictions were put onto perk combinations with a similar bonus outside of the meta perks that most use. Making other perk builds more useful is not going to happen if restrictions were put on all builds that use similar bonuses between said perks... and restricting only the meta perks build would cause a river of tears that would drown everyone in Crystal Lake.
    Nerves of steel should also not be grouped with thick skin and medic to be able to take only one of the three...N.O.S. does not compliment the other two... while thick skin and medic are perks allowing much more damage to be taken than if only one of them was used.

I do use Nerves of Steel, but do not use Medic or Thick Skin... your suggestion would not hurt my build at all as I only use one other no fear perk... But just imagine if I could use three... and a meta perk... I actually wouldn't, but if another perk slot was given to me... I just might use medic or thick skin... or both with two no fear perks. Why should I be the only counselor that doesn't use them in this instance? Many nights, it already feels like I am the only counselor that does not use these perks.
    Someone has to have a map at the start to tell people where things are.... because they have no map... and someone has to run nerves of steel to drive the car... or boat... I find marathon helpful with this build on A.J. but given another perk slot... yeah, there goes marathon in favor of medic and thick skin... giving more slots is not going to give a reason to move away from using these perks... but it will give more reason for people that do not use them to start using them.
    Just imagine the nightmare we could be to all those Jason players out there... no fear + medic... or thick skin... or if no restrictions were put on using those two together... two no fear perks with medic and thick skin... imagine the carnage... In this case... the carnage would be bad, and throw balance to the wind. 
    Imagine the abusive friend build with thick skin or medic attached to it... oh the humanity! 
    An extra spot for the sense avoidance perks, there are more than 3 of them... No carnage from this one, just a bunch of people hiding for the entire match... which really is just boring to spectate.

• Like 1

@Ahab, I personally see NoS as one of the meta perks, it’s the ‘most efficient technique available’ for keeping track of Jason. Using my idea you’d never see it paired with TS and Medic. Those three can only go in the top tier slot, although any lower tier perk could also go in that slot. This would be more of a challenge for Jason but not the insurmountable one you’re imagining.

I realize why it could seem extreme but in there current form the perks can’t provide that much of a bonus with the meta removed. Jason will have to guard objectives harder because Mdac will be more common and so will the driving perks. If the rework is only on library size and  the acquisition system, then I see this as a good way forward. 

The conversations about builds will be worth it alone. 

Well rage mode for Jason has absolutely stopped people from beating and killing Jason as i know from playing the game everynight and seeing the diffrence from a year ago.

Also rage mode has made Jason a SUPER POWER HOUSE.In Rage mode Jason cant be stunned and when Jason slashes counselors there is no defense and no place to hide as Jason in Rage mode can instantly break down doors.

more perks would balance the game to give counselors a fighting chance when jason goes into rage mode.

37 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Well rage mode for Jason has absolutely stopped people from beating and killing Jason as i know from playing the game everynight and seeing the diffrence from a year ago.

Who do you play against? Jason gets killed in about 5 out of every 10 matches I play. Jason gets killed a lot more frequently now than he ever did before the Rage Mode patch. You are correct that it stopped people from beating on him though. That means the patch worked.

Also rage mode has made Jason a SUPER POWER HOUSE.In Rage mode Jason cant be stunned and when Jason slashes counselors there is no defense and no place to hide as Jason in Rage mode can instantly break down doors.

Jason CAN be stunned in rage mode, via the shot gun, Pamela's sweater, bear traps, pocket knives and the hit that removes his mask. There is also several strategies you can use to avoid Jason after he gets rage. Loop from cabin to cabin. Or, better yet, complete the objectives and get the hell out of dodge before he even gets rage. And just an FYI, Jason is supposed to be a power house, he's kind of important to the F13 name brand.

more perks would balance the game to give counselors a fighting chance when jason goes into rage mode.

More perks wouldn't balance the game. It would swing the favor back to the counselor player, and lets be honest, that's all you really want. You don't like playing the game anymore because you cant knock Jason on his ass and tea bag him throughout the entire match. Maybe you should just move on to another game, it appears this one isn't for you anymore.

• Like 1