Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Bringing Adult Tommy Doyle Back to Halloween.

I Dont know about you but im just about sick of seeing the same scripts for Halloween franchises with Jamie Lee Curtis.

I would like to see Jason Blumhouse and real horror fan writers of the Halloween franchise Bring back the feel and some charachters from THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME HALLOWEEN 1978.

Bringing Back Tommy Doyle as an Adult Hero Character Makes a Ton more sense then to keep writing the same Villain and Feminist Hero Jamie Lee Curtis.

How can fans email Jason Blum and request a New Dr. Loomis and Adult Tommy Doyle to be put back into The Halloween franchise.

At Least Rob Zombie put more characters and Dr Loomis Back into his versions of Halloween.

I’m kinda against recasting Loomis... it feels wrong. Old Michael isn’t as scary in my opinion and I’d rather see him be young and given more screen time but that’s not going to happen, we’re getting two more like the last one.... it wasn’t bad... and I personally liked Jamie and her roll. 

You’re to late to change any of what’s coming. Blumhouse is going to keep what works and rake in the money. 

23 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

real horror fan writers of the Halloween franchise

I don’t know exactly how to take this, I’m not sure what a ‘real horror fan writer’ is. The general consensus is that the 2018 movie was a success. It most certainly was a financial success.

28 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

then to keep writing the same Villain

Michael is Halloween though.

Kinda liked the last Halloween... I was pleasantly surprised with the 2018 sequel. 🤷‍♂️

Fckin' hated Rob Zombies crud. Part 2 is a joke haha.

• Thanks 1

Well Michael myers vs an adult Tommy Doyle would be cool.

Having a Male hero in the franchise like Tommy Doyle would be great.

Adding more villains to the Halloween movies would be great.

9 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Adding more villains to the Halloween movies would be great.

I think I’d like a new younger Michael, but I don’t think more villains is the way to go. It would be better to start a new franchise.... I’d make an exception for a well written VS movie ie. Michael vs Jason or Michael vs Freddy. (Still want it to be a younger Michael though)

21 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Is this directed at me or the OP (original post)? 

@Strigoi... here’s news.

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3575399/rumor-tommy-doyle-making-return-halloween-kills/

THIS IS AWESOME NEWS.

I Hope Tommy Doyle becomes a Hero charachter in future Haloween movies and video games.

In a Halloween video Game players should be able to call TOMMY DOYLE.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:48 AM, Strigoi said:

Well Michael myers vs an adult Tommy Doyle would be cool.

Having a Male hero in the franchise like Tommy Doyle would be great. A good hero is a good hero. Gender shouldn't matter.

Adding more villains to the Halloween movies would be great. Michael Myers should be more than enough.

In a Halloween video Game players should be able to call TOMMY DOYLE. 

You're getting too far ahead of yourself. If we ever get a Halloween game, Laurie Strode or Dr. Loomis should come before Tommy Doyle.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Survival said:

Oh sorry I managed to delete the post I was quoting. It was not a reaction to you 😛

It’s all good brother.

On 7/25/2019 at 12:24 AM, Strigoi said:

I Dont know about you but im just about sick of seeing the same scripts for Halloween franchises with Jamie Lee Curtis.

I think what you mean is you are tired of having Jamie Lee Curtis attached to the Franchise ....

None of the scripts that have featured her have been the same......except for Michael and Jamie either confronting or killing one or the other..... All the circumstances have been completely different.

Halloween 1978- Michael escapes smiths grove to go on another Halloween murder bender....obsesses over Laurie because she comes to his house and has a strong resembles to Judith the sister he killed....

Halloween II 1981- Michael continues his obsessive Quest to kill Laurie who is revealed to be his sister as well.

Halloween H20 - Laurie, who has been in hiding since the the 1978 massacre under an alias Keri Tate...has a Son from a previous failed marriage is once again Stalked by her Psychotic Brother who has discovered her location.( she kills him.)

Halloween Resurrection( yuck.)- Michael tracks Laurie to a mental hospital and (he kills her.)

Halloween 2018- Laurie Strode has been obsessed with the psychotic murder Michael Myers for the last 40 years with the hope that he would escape one day and come after her once more so she can kill him....

she is the one going after him, it is Dr. Sartain’s actions that put Michael back into motion not his obsession with Her... Michael through out the film seems to exhibit a repeating behavior psychosis..he is quite random in his actions except to retrieve his infamous mask...finding Laurie at the end of the film Seemed to be just an added perk for him as he continued his killing spree.

I would like to see Jason Blumhouse and real horror fan writers of the Halloween franchise Bring back the feel and some charachters from THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME HALLOWEEN 1978.

They did bring back characters from the original....Laurie, Michael, Loomis(voice actor only.), and remember Lonnie Elam’s son is Cameron.....Allyson’s Boyfriend.....And I think they definitely did capture a lot of the feel and atmosphere from the original film....I wouldn’t mind seeing others added to this existing continuity....

Bringing Back Tommy Doyle as an Adult Hero Character Makes a Ton more sense then to keep writing the same Villain and Feminist Hero Jamie Lee Curtis.

Both ideas have their merits.

At Least Rob Zombie put more characters and Dr Loomis Back into his versions of Halloween.

What Zombie did to those original characters was an abomination....I wish we wrote a completely new storyline with different characters maybe that would have turned out better either way he writes in a way that makes all his characters unlikable.....his characters are trashy and unrealistic......and his movies didn’t feel like Halloween in anyway.

@OCT 31 1978, that was a very good post you made.

@Strigoi, we live in a world where heroines are a very popular and justified concept. I'm not opposed to having male heroes as well, but don't count out the women.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

@OCT 31 1978, that was a very good post you made.

@Strigoi, we live in a world where heroines are a very popular and justified concept. I'm not opposed to having male heroes as well, but don't count out the women.

Thanks FairPlay,.....another thing to note is Horror films have always been at the forefront of utilizing strong female leads far before it became a trendy Hollywood PC agenda.

They did bring Tommy Doyle back as a hero, played by Paul Rudd in his big screen debut in Part 6, Curse of Michael Myers. Although it wasn't the best film in the franchise,  the formula involved with him being obsessed with Michael worked very well. So with that in mind, bringing the original Tommy Doyle back for the upcoming sequels where Laurie has an equally obsessed ally would be a great plot line. It's a pity there isn't any real way to introduce a new menacing villain in Halloween like the idea of the evil infecting another person like they teased at the end of Part 4. But since those entries are void for the Blumhouse sequels, I have nothing more to say about those. Cheers

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks FairPlay,.....another thing to note is Horror films have always been at the forefront of utilizing strong female leads far before it became a trendy Hollywood PC agenda.

I've always enjoyed a movie with a strong female lead.

• Like 1

Maybe the events of the first film motivated Tommy to be an ultimate badass and join the military where he was in the special forces. Maybe he saw the news report that night and since he lives close to Haddonfield rushed to check on/reconnect with his former baby sitter. Maybe they team up with a few of Tommy's war buddies to operate outside the law to hunt Michael down. Maybe this film has the highest body count out of any Halloween movie. All I know is I'm hyped for Halloween Kills!

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

We need harris to play a character as well.

How about Tommy Doyle’s or Linsey Wallace’s Daughter?

Or Dr Loomis niece?

hmmmmmm

14 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

How about Tommy Doyle’s or Linsey Wallace’s Daughter?

Or Dr Loomis niece?

hmmmmmm

So many choices