abx

So basically everytime we see Jason on the map...

...means someone shot him with a flare gun?

I think so. You can also spot him from afar long as he's in your line of sight. Funny thing is whenever someone spots Jason with a flare gun you start to gain fear as if he is near you. 😂

16 minutes ago, abx said:

...means someone shot him with a flare gun?

Not really, it means you had clear line of sight on him. No trees or buildings blocking your way. As Jason this is good to know because it means if you have all your powers charged up you can Stalk, Morph behind a building and then use Sense and Shift to go snag yourself a Counselor. 

If he’s marked with a flare gun it lasts for a set amount of time. 

Or you're driving the car and then he never comes off the mini-map.

I thought if another counselor sees him, he'll show up on your map as well. I've been on the other side of the camp and had him show up on my map when he was chasing someone.

Also, does Tommy have a constant visual on him? Same deal as above, where I've been completely on the opposite side of the map, he wasn't necessarily near anyone, and he was showing up.

23 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

I thought if another counselor sees him, he'll show up on your map as well. I've been on the other side of the camp and had him show up on my map when he was chasing someone.

Also, does Tommy have a constant visual on him? Same deal as above, where I've been completely on the opposite side of the map, he wasn't necessarily near anyone, and he was showing up.

Yeah no need to hit him with a flare gun. Line of sight, another counselor, even shooting a flare up in the air in the general direction will mark him on the map.

He stays on Tommy's map/ mini map from the time Tommy spawns in until Tommy makes contact with him. A coordinated group can easily use that to their advantage.

23 hours ago, SirMang said:

Or you're driving the car and then he never comes off the mini-map.

It actually is possible to get Jason off the driver's mini map after he's been spotted.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

It actually is possible to get Jason off the driver's mini map after he's been spotted.

I would love to know how. 

A friend and I tested this quite a while back and once I, or he, ended up on each others mini-map as Jason no matter where we morphed to, used stalk, shifted, Jason never came off.  

We were testing with telling each other whenever we saw Jason morph and to which side of the mini-map. 

You can have a driver on the main road of Crystal at Flat Rock, you can morph to the boat exit - which is pretty much the furthest possible point away, activate stalk while out there and then morph to whichever exit and the driver will still see which exit you went to and when you went there.  Just an example from my testing. 

Just now, SirMang said:

I would love to know how. 

A friend and I tested this quite a while back and once I, or he, ended up on each others mini-map as Jason no matter where we morphed to, used stalk, shifted, Jason never came off.  

We were testing with telling each other whenever we saw Jason morph and to which side of the mini-map. 

You can have a driver on the main road of Crystal at Flat Rock, you can morph to the boat exit - which is pretty much the furthest possible point away, activate stalk while out there and then morph to whichever exit and the driver will still see which exit you went to and when you went there.  Just an example from my testing. 

Go into a cabin turn on stalk is the easiest way.

What causes Jason to appear on the mini map has been random and bugged since launch. The biggest proof is how Jason is “stuck” as visible to anyone in the car which ruins and surprise chance to stop it. As well, Jason may appear on one counselor’s map but not another’s in the same vicinity. One counselor’s LOS is allegedly supposed to signal Jason on the map to everyone but it doesn’t always work, even if they are in the same area. It’s bugged, it’s been bugged, and no they aren’t going to fix it or make it consistent. 

Even if Jason isn't showing up on the map, you can also tell where he is a lot of times by paying attention to the behavior of other counselors.
If you look on the map and see a white circle running around a cabin for an extended period of time  -- say 15-20 seconds -- but never stopping, that's a sign Jason might be in that area. If they're starting and stopping it means they're probably checking drawers and there's nothing doing.
And if you see two or three circles running around all willy-nilly in one area, with no real obvious purpose, it almost certainly means Jason is there with them.
If a counselor is actually heading somewhere in open country, they usually move at a steady speed in straight lines, and you can usually figure out where they're headed. If they're moving fast (and way too often this tends to mean moving fast directly toward you) with no obvious destination then they're likely being chased.