DontZzz34

Most difficult Jason to survive the night against?

Most difficult Jason to survive the night against?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most difficult to survive against?

• Part 2
    • Part 3
    • Part 4
    • Part 5
    • Part 6
    • Part 7
    • Part 8
    • Part 9
    • Savini

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Worst Jason (in my opinion) is part V. It looks like either a pissed-off gardener, or some broke-ass cosplayer who threw his costume together the night before the Con. It's not even the real Jason Voorhees and, in total seriousness, I've most likely killed more part V's than every other Jason variant combined.

Well, I agree he is the worst looking one.  Compare to all the meat eating JASONS, is Roy on a soy diet or something? :huh:  But as a functioning Jason, he quite balanced.

5 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

The +Shift Jasons are definitely a challenge towards the end, but personally I usually find it more challenging going against a player good with part IV.  The fact he runs and can bust down doors quickly doesn't allow you much time indoors to regain stamina when cabin hopping.  Really just depends on the Jason player though.  Stalk/shifting with any of the +Shift Jasons can also be a deadly combo, but you have to play those a little smarter and trick the counselors.  Part IV is just pure endless chase.  I typically play more repair type counselors anyways, so most of my choices don't have that much stamina compared to Tiff/Vanessa/Buggzy, etc.  That's probably why I struggle more with IV.

7 hours ago, Ahab said:

My preferred Jason... Part IV... seems to be almost universally called the worst Jason variant... but I do fine with him... and do not really have a choice for "worst" Jason variant. I even liked Part VII before they changed him.

Although I like to call Part IV the "Scrub Killer", since many new or bad players like to complain about the run, destruction, and being slashed to death, he isn't a bad Jason in terms of playing him.  The reason why, meta-wise, I'd say he the worst is that he has poor objective control.  But if we are talking about surviving the night, he can wear down health sprays pretty fast.  -Shift sucks, as it limits options with someone who's good at window looping, but if played correctly, Part 4 relentless pressure and offensive power isn't to be taken lightly. 

If I was to say the easiest Jason to deal with is Part 2, if all traps were already spent.  Taking traps out of consideration, the only thing he has going for him is "Can Run".  Otherwise, he doesn't have weapon strength, no extra knives, shitty shift, and can't break doors quickly.  +Morph can cut off slower counselor trying to make their way to that cabin, but Vanessa isn't going to care.  If there anything nice I can say about him is the troll factor is high on him if you're smart and don't use all you're traps if it wasn't required.  Usually if I'm Part 2 (isn't often), I'll still have 3 traps left (I still do my standard trap routine) so while the last counselor is waiting behind boarded doors for me, I'll start setting those traps outside other cabins and try do drive them into them LOL.  Last time I did this, I actually got him/her to step into all 3, very satisfying 🤣 

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s that +stalk and +shift combo that makes him a mind game, killing freak! 

Oh fuck yes!!! It took a while for people to realize how awesome he is. Like it look people a while to realize how powerful stalk is. I main 9 and stalk stays on as much as it’s able. Can you imagine how great it would be to start the match w stalk?. 

• Like 1

Any of the ones who run usually catch me out. When I play as Jason I love to hassle and kill as many as I can early game then stalk the remaining counsellors. Sort of like “I’ve disappeared and you don’t know when I’m coming ba...AND YOUR DEAD.”

The running Jasons make surviving with slower counselors in the final minutes a non realistic possibility unless that Jason is bad. Even with Part 2 and 4 with the bad shift, a running Jason will wear down all the slower counselors and rage will recharge his bad shift quicker. Running Jasons will also pressure the faster counselors a bit more too but that's where Part 2 and 4 won't help much unless they have rage to recharge the bad shift and that's not gonna happen unless Jason has been bullied most of the game or they failed a kill attempt.

The non running Jasons are more manageable to survive the night against, even the +shift ones provided the skill set is blah. Once they run out of knives, its just a game of being able to juke shift since I feel Stalk is useless late game against the faster counselors especially. They'll just camp all day in cabins, thus making Stalk null and void. Still, the slower counselors will be more open to be killed by walkers since they can only run around and juke for so long. Faster counselors can at least keep Jason from slashing them to death once rage hits by keeping jog distance.

After thinking about it, I think this one is the hardest to survive:

pbn3fq8247k21.png

He doesn't have any proximity music, has to be hit multiple times to be stunned (runs away), has an unlimited amount of Jason-teamers (zombies, crows, and wolves), keeps the sweater under lock and key, has no cooldown periods of any kind, swims so fast even Jaws would lose in a race, loiters around cabins just so he can Surprise Motherfucker! you when you try to leave, never runs out of weapons, never has trouble finding you, and has no problem killing children (though that may be a bonus depending on how you look at it).

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Tom Savini.

Reasoning.

+Shift and +Slash Damage

Need I say more?

OK 5 Traps and Destruction.

13 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

After thinking about it, I think this one is the hardest to survive:

::RETROJASON::

LOL, throw a 8-bit spear on him and that's my Jason. >:D

His chase music screws with the counselors since it a bit quite compared to the others.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Still bitter about him being one of the earliest misfires in the long line of PR goofs.

http://f13game.com/news/retro-jason-skin-dlc/

'And trust us...you'll like the results'

What ever happened to that?  Was there a solid reason given why he wasn't/ still isn't in the game as a separate Jason select if he was worked on for so long?  Wouldn't THAT have been within the code and finished by/before their deadline, unlike Uber, Grendal, and the kill packs?

I honestly don't see why he couldn't be separated from Part 3 as his own select option, but he would still have all the same attributes and weapon as Part 3 because nothing else was ever put in place for him to be used before the lawsuit.

24 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

What ever happened to that?  Was there a solid reason given why he wasn't/ still isn't in the game as a separate Jason select if he was worked on for so long?  Wouldn't THAT have been within the code and finished by/before their deadline, unlike Uber, Grendal, and the kill packs?

11 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I honestly don't see why he couldn't be separated from Part 3 as his own select option, but he would still have all the same attributes and weapon as Part 3 because nothing else was ever put in place for him to be used before the lawsuit.

Honestly...this was when they were in full panic mode trying to please the casuals who accused them of not having anything 'new' in the game on top of trying to please the backers with their shaky launch. So they reskinned Part 3, added some free clothes and that was that.

They probably scrapped him when they began work on Part 4/Jarvis House.

If anybody remembers, Wes gave us the trademark 'soon' garbage in terms of the rework just about right before the content news came out in May/April 2018 and never further addressed this again. This after it was announced right around August 2017 if I recall, maybe even July when that came out.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Worst Jason (in my opinion) is part V. It looks like either a pissed-off gardener, or some broke-ass cosplayer who threw his costume together the night before the Con. It's not even the real Jason Voorhees and, in total seriousness, I've most likely killed more part V's than every other Jason variant combined.

Roy only looks like a pissed off gardener, because no one would hire him as a gardener. Gardening is his passion.
   I cannot really name a worst Jason variant. I have seen too many great Jason players do extremely well with each of them... But Roy is not Jason... so perhaps I will cast a vote... but now the worst Jason is not even Jason.

Edit: Damn... I voted for Roy thinking this was the worst Jason thread... minor brain fart... disregard that vote for Roy... Damn.

15 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s that +stalk and +shift combo that makes him a mind game, killing freak! 

In the right hands... all of them are great. Each has their charms... but Part IX still looks like a cancer orc... and Part II looks like the real life killer that was called... "The Phantom Killer" from back in the 40's I think... probably why they went with the hockey mask in Part III... And as pointed out above... Roy looks like an angry gardener. But we should not judge a Jason by how he looks... Except Roy, who is not really Jason.

14 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Part IV is just pure endless chase.  I typically play more repair type counselors anyways, so most of my choices don't have that much stamina compared to Tiff/Vanessa/Buggzy, etc.  That's probably why I struggle more with IV.

Part IV is good for a chase for the reasons you stated... but he is also good for stalk, sense... morph ahead, turn around and shift grab. Just like all other variants. -Shift is not that big of a deal. I do like smashing down doors quicker, it leaves more time to pick up knives. The other Jason variants without destruction are just cutting into my knife gathering time with each door that takes... what is it? 6 hits to smash down?... and the walkers... they also cut into my knife gathering time... and I like knives.

13 hours ago, SirMang said:

IV and II are fine...until you have to either deal with a boat in motion or a car in motion and then you're totally screwed because you have no ability to catch either one. 

The boat is still catchable with Part IV... when someone even bothers with one that is. It is rare in my matches that someone even bothers with a boat, let alone gets it moving... and I still catch half of them at least.
    Part II... with +Morph can often get two chances to stop you Even though he is slow in the water, doubling his chances to catch you still makes him one of the more difficult Jasons to avoid in the water as you often have to do it twice.. or even more than that if you have to turn away from the exit. He can also keep morphing ahead of a car, often forcing it to go back the way they came... until he gets another shift available. Some of them just get shift happy and do it at the wrong time... But even with nerves of steel, you cannot avoid him every time... and those that do not use N.O.S. quickly lose their mini maps... whether in the boat or car... which makes Jason's job a touch easier.

I am still stopping cars left and right with Part IV... but I am used to -Shift... This weakness can screw up players that are not used to it. Let alone his other weaknesses... Part IV is just not for everyone... and for the most part, I do not even consider his weaknesses to even qualify as weaknesses. But it is all in how I play him.

@GeneiJin Part IV should never be taken lightly... and he is good for killing scrubs... and all other types of players.
   When I play Part II, I still do not use more than 3 traps... it is just a habit from playing too much Part IV that carries over to other Jasons when I play them. I still do alright with Part II only using 3 traps... but sometimes, close to the end of a match... I remember that I still have traps. It is at times like these I may get a little trap happy.

Hard to say, because like it's already been said 'it's the person controlling Jason'.

Part 9 I find to be a huge pain sometimes, but Savini Jason is the one that messes people up most often in my experience. Even in the hands of a silly eBay buyer he's hard to get away from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Part IV is good for a chase for the reasons you stated... but he is also good for stalk, sense... morph ahead, turn around and shift grab. Just like all other variants. -Shift is not that big of a deal. I do like smashing down doors quicker, it leaves more time to pick up knives. The other Jason variants without destruction are just cutting into my knife gathering time with each door that takes... what is it? 6 hits to smash down?... and the walkers... they also cut into my knife gathering time... and I like knives.

The boat is still catchable with Part IV... when someone even bothers with one that is. It is rare in my matches that someone even bothers with a boat, let alone gets it moving... and I still catch half of them at least.
    Part II... with +Morph can often get two chances to stop you Even though he is slow in the water, doubling his chances to catch you still makes him one of the more difficult Jasons to avoid in the water as you often have to do it twice.. or even more than that if you have to turn away from the exit. He can also keep morphing ahead of a car, often forcing it to go back the way they came... until he gets another shift available. Some of them just get shift happy and do it at the wrong time... But even with nerves of steel, you cannot avoid him every time... and those that do not use N.O.S. quickly lose their mini maps... whether in the boat or car... which makes Jason's job a touch easier.

I am still stopping cars left and right with Part IV... but I am used to -Shift... This weakness can screw up players that are not used to it. Let alone his other weaknesses... Part IV is just not for everyone... and for the most part, I do not even consider his weaknesses to even qualify as weaknesses. But it is all in how I play him.

You're gonna have one, maybe two morphs, as Part II to stop the boat.  The first is just you getting in the water, the second to get out ahead of the boat when it inevitably blows by you.  By that time, the boat is then gone.  Unless you're playing goalie and daring the boat to come to you and if you're doing that then the other people on the map can do whatever they want.  Part IV is even worse, you have your one morph out there and that's it.  As II or IV, you can't be aggressive against the boat, or else it's blowing by you.  You're forced to just sit there and hope it comes to you and doesn't just juke you at the last second. 

Here's the problem with Part II and his morph advantage on the car.  Almost every morph spot, especially on the main road, are out in the middle of nowhere.  Or behind a fence.  Or behind a guardrail.  That's great you have that quick morph recharge, it means nothing when chasing the car because of how bad some of the morph points are.  And then you're forced to rely on shift, a shift that's slower than the car.  

The only chance of a II or IV stopping the car is if the driver of said car is braindead and drives straight into you.  i.e. you need to morph out ahead of it, the driver has to have no idea he can continuously see you on his mini-map and then has to drive into you while you shift into him.  

Part II isn't as bad as IV because he has objective control ability at the beginning of the match whereas IV has absolutely none.  -shift is the absolute worst weakness for Jason.  It's not even close. 

38 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The first is just you getting in the water,

The first is him getting in the water ahead of the boat... not just in the water... and 2 chances is still better than 1. I can get around ANY variant... even in the canals when I am driving the boat... his second chance, particularly in a canal... is still better than no chance... particularly in a canal... I only get around them in a canal through dumb luck for the most part... it requires even a -Water Jason to make a mistake. I can get away from any variant... a lot, just not every time. I have had slow water Jasons catch my boat... and playing slow water Jasons, I still catch boats. 
   With -Water speed, there is not really a point in chasing the boat at all if they want to use it to distract you in the water. If they want to play that game, I go after others again... As I said, I rarely see a boat in use as Jason anyway... but when I do, it is still 50/50 that I will catch it. Just the rarity that this comes into play makes it a non weakness in MANY matches... let alone... Just how many boat escapes out of the total that you see have two people in the boat?... I see one far more often, whether I am Jason or not. Losing one counselor is not a big deal... NO ONE gets 8 of 8 in every match.

44 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Here's the problem with Part II and his morph advantage on the car.

The real problem here is the Jason players trying to morph onto the road. Morph off to the side when shift regenerates and you can, and you often will catch them off guard... even for those few that run nerves of steel... Seeing Jason on the mini map is not a guarantee you can avoid him. -Shift is a non issue when you are used to it and understand the differences between negative, neutral and +Shift.
    If all the morph points were where we wanted them to be, there would be no escape for anyone.

47 minutes ago, SirMang said:

The only chance of a II or IV stopping the car is if the driver of said car is braindead and drives straight into you.

If this were true, I would NEVER stop a car... I am often playing with friends, and all of them know how to drive the car and are pretty damned good at it... all of them know you can see him on the mini map... Yet I still stop the car... a lot. It is rare that I miss... and my friends know better than to stick around and give me another chance... I have an even better hit & miss ratio on my second attempts... and those rare occasion I do get a third chance, I cannot remember the last time I missed on the 3rd attempt.

50 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Part II isn't as bad as IV because he has objective control ability at the beginning of the match whereas IV has absolutely none.  -shift is the absolute worst weakness for Jason.  It's not even close. 

Traps are not the only way to control objectives. Know where the vehicles are in relation to you... and your shack too of course... whatever you have no trap on. Sound pings... particularly multiple sound pings are a good indication that someone is there.... messing with the car... or the boat... or your shack. The size of the sound ping also indicates distance... know your location on the map and which direction everything is in... and objective control just got easier. I still let them get the cars started... I need to keep my car chasing skills sharp.
   I do just fine with 3 traps using ANY Jason variant... it is habit from playing so much Part IV. 
   -Shift is not as bad as you think. It just takes getting used to it... and patience... you can't just use it every time it pops up or it will not be there when a car starts. It sucks when you just come out of a shift and hear a car start with any variant... even a +Shift. If they go straight for the exit... you have no chance without shift... on any variant.
  Objective control is subjective. Cars get away from every Jason player... so do boats... and the cops get called on EVERYBODY. All of these things do not necessarily happen in every match, but they happen... to every Jason player, no matter the variant he is using.

-Water speed is situational... as I said... How often do I see a boat start as Part IV?... It is a rarity. It does not happen every night and I can go for more than a week without even seeing one start in my matches as Jason... So for the most part, it is a non weakness. Take your one shot at catching a boat if they want to leave... what is the worst that can happen? Two counselors escape... and it is usually just one anyway... and sometimes you will still get the boat.
    -Shift, as I explained... is a non issue once you are used to it. It does not hurt my chances in stopping a vehicle in the slightest... nor does it hinder me in catching the best players that I play against... But no Jason gets everyone every time either... not me, not you... no one... It matters not which level of shift they have on their favorite variant.
    -Traps... requires strategy. I am used to 3 traps... it does not bother me at all. And I do fine using only 3 on ANY variant... out of habit. To me, this is also a non weakness. Give all the Jasons 3 traps for a week... counselors rejoice!... right up until the Jason players start using them differently... Which will not take a week.

For those that rely too much on traps and a better shift... Part IV is not for them, unless they like a challenge. And when you get used to him... the challenge is merely the skill level of the players vs yours... Sometimes you will do good, sometimes you will not... Just like playing any other variant.
     Also... if water speed was such a huge weakness... then why would anybody want to play a Savini Jason?... It makes no sense... It is a non issue in so many matches.

In my experience pt 4 usually comes out on top when he’s used. He’s definitely intimidating. I see a lot of people w pt 4 clear the lobby pretty quickly without setting any traps. I don’t kno what it is about him but he seems to hold his own in my world. I feel like using him again now. 

53 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

In my experience pt 4 usually comes out on top when he’s used. He’s definitely intimidating. I see a lot of people w pt 4 clear the lobby pretty quickly without setting any traps. I don’t kno what it is about him but he seems to hold his own in my world. I feel like using him again now. 

It's the illusion of intimidation due to his combo of "can run", destruction, and weapon strength.  He can be threatening if he decides to tunnel a single counselor, but if any objectives get started on him, he has limited options to prevent or stop them (especially cars) once they get going.

Savini, any schmuck can test you with what he brings. Now, in the hands of a lethal player he is nearly unstoppable. But, any Jason in those hands are hard to survive. Obviously it depends on the player, but Savini has the goods to make lesser players tough to face.

Savini is overrated 😁😂 and @Redrum138 idk I haven’t noticed any more difficulty with noob Jason’s having an eBay savini vs them with any jason. Even savini doesn’t help them make it any more difficult of a chase. Just bc savini has good strengths doesn’t mean a noob will know how to effectively use it in play. I’ve walked many fake eBay savini Jason’s without much effort. the Jason variant and the skill of the player in combination and using that Jason variants strengths to their fullest is what makes it hard. Imo + stalk is the stat that makes it the most difficult to survive the night cause Jason can keep attempting to trick the counselor continuously. I’ve always had a much harder time surviving against a good part 9 with +stalk/shift compared to savini with equal skill. part 9 is harder for this reason. 

On 7/24/2019 at 9:03 PM, GeneiJin said:

It's the illusion of intimidation due to his combo of "can run", destruction, and weapon strength.  He can be threatening if he decides to tunnel a single counselor, but if any objectives get started on him, he has limited options to prevent or stop them (especially cars) once they get going.

This^^ although @Ahab is pretty good at stopping the cars with pt4 main. He doesn't trap cars at beginning so gets a ton of practice.. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

He doesn't trap cars at beginning so gets a ton of practice..

Practice is why I don't trap cars... more practice makes us all better. That and I don't have the extra traps playing Part IV... So just to play him effectively at all, being good at stopping cars is a must... But no one is perfect... so I will always need more practice.
   It often takes me all three traps just to keep the cops from getting called 5 minutes in... but that is usually enough. The cars are a non issue after enough practice stopping them... and it is so rare to see a boat get moving that his water speed can hardly be considered a weakness. Part IV is a challenge to play against good players for a few reasons... and a brute against all players for other reasons.
   Part IV is awesome... he is just not for everyone.
   I did play Part III once a few weeks ago... my first game with him in a long time... It was one of my fastest 8 of 8 games ever... But I think I will stick with Part IV, for me... he is more fun to play. 

38 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Practice is why I don't trap cars... more practice makes us all better. That and I don't have the extra traps playing Part IV... So just to play him effectively at all, being good at stopping cars is a must... But no one is perfect... so I will always need more practice.
   It often takes me all three traps just to keep the cops from getting called 5 minutes in... but that is usually enough. The cars are a non issue after enough practice stopping them... and it is so rare to see a boat get moving that his water speed can hardly be considered a weakness. Part IV is a challenge to play against good players for a few reasons... and a brute against all players for other reasons.
   I did play Part III once a few weeks ago... my first game with him in a long time... It was one of my fastest 8 of 8 games ever... But I think I will stick with Part IV, for me... he is more fun to play. 

I know this. I should prob try the same. I'm so rusty against the cars since they barely get started. When they do, ive been missing them here and there. 

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Generally I only use one trap on a single car.  I use that trap usually on the 4-seater, but recently I started to put that trap on a car based on it's position on the map if I'm likely going to be far away from it.  Instead of trapping, I just show up to be a deterrent, see if the car is getting any action, and knock down doors to piss people off 😆.  Of course -shift Jason can stop a car, if the driver doesn't see the shift coming, but that short range does stifle Jason's options and margin of error.

Part 3 is the better Jason, IMO and many others.  You of course will do better with Part 3, as you've been always been playing with lesser tools.