DontZzz34

Most difficult Jason to survive the night against?

Most difficult Jason to survive the night against?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Who is most difficult to survive against?

• Part 2
    • Part 3
    • Part 4
    • Part 5
    • Part 6
    • Part 7
    • Part 8
    • Part 9
    • Savini

Who do you guys struggle with the most to survive the night against? And this is against a competent Jason who knows how to use his abilities. For me, I’d say part 8 or 9. A competent Jason that uses stalk against me and knows how to play mind games really can make it difficult to survive. Especially when 9 has +shift and +stalk. It can be a real pain to deal with. 

I've said it before and I'll say it every time. Part 9 Jason is definitely my kryponite.  As fearsome as Savini Jason is, and as powerful as Part 4 is, Part 9 is the most dangerous to me. I groan every time I see his bulbous, tumorous head lol. Ah, well. Game on, my friends 

It's a toss up for me between the running Jasons.

Part 2's traps can keep objectives at bay long enough to take out everyone before something gets fixed (if it's not an organized group of course).

Part 3 has no major weaknesses.

Part 4's weapon and destruction strengths will help him mow down doors and counselors.

Part 5 has no major weaknesses, and the knives also help.

@GeneiJin is the hardest Jason to survive the night against... It matters not which variant he uses... It is the player behind the Jason, not the Jason variant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any Jason with a + Shift is top tier surviving the night against. Constant shifts wear down stamina and keeps you on your toes.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

@GeneiJin is the hardest Jason to survive the night against... It matters not which variant he uses... It is the player behind the Jason, not the Jason variant.

True... but I still voted Savini.

Part 6.

His +shift and +knives. 

You're gonna have a very difficult time running away from him in the last 5 minutes of a match.

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I was thinking pt 9 right away too. That's one bad ass Jason once he gets rage.

Facts

2 hours ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I've said it before and I'll say it every time. Part 9 Jason is definitely my kryponite.  As fearsome as Savini Jason is, and as powerful as Part 4 is, Part 9 is the most dangerous to me. I groan every time I see his bulbous, tumorous head lol. Ah, well. Game on, my friends 

Same here. Especially when they start playing those horrendous mind games with you and you don’t know wtf he’s doing next..... 

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

Part 6.

His +shift and +knives. 

You're gonna have a very difficult time running away from him in the last 5 minutes of a match.

I don’t think so. Last 5 minutes his knives are usually gone and you can just jog right in front of him and keep Him in short distance view and keep dodging his shifts. You never want to be far away from a plus shift Jason! Stay close and use their strength against them

13 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don’t think so. Last 5 minutes his knives are usually gone and you can just jog right in front of him and keep Him in short distance view and keep dodging his shifts. You never want to be far away from a plus shift Jason! Stay close and use their strength against them

There's a ton of knives on the map plus the fact he starts with extra and they do more damage. 

I also don't understand the whole distance thing people use as a way to combat a +shift. 

As a Part VI, you can be right behind someone, shift about a country mile away from them, and then come right back to them negating the whole you don't want to be far away concept. 

2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

There's a ton of knives on the map plus the fact he starts with extra and they do more damage. 

I also don't understand the whole distance thing people use as a way to combat a +shift. 

As a Part VI, you can be right behind someone, shift about a country mile away from them, and then come right back to them negating the whole you don't want to be far away concept. 

plus knives only means more knives not more damage.... and the concept of staying close to a plus shift Jason is a tactic to use to make Jason over shoot his shift grab. It’s a bit easier to make him overshoot when your close to him rather than when you’re far away due to his shift being faster. When he shifts at me I’ll stand there and wait till the very last moment to turn backwards, right , or left. You can usually make him miss most of the time doing this. And I know you’re a NOS fan so you could really use that to ur advantage.

23 hours ago, Ahab said:

Thanks man, since I came back, only 3 counselors total has eluded me, in maybe already a 100 games as Jason.  No one yet survived the entire 20 mins.  Get off the map and do it fast.

I agree that it's probably 90% on the player behind the Jason.  If I was to put emphasis on a particular Jason though, I'd say Savini maybe, but Part 3, 6,7,8, 9, and Roy are all dangerous if the player knows how to shift, use stalk properly, and are skill with throw knives. 

21 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I don't really chase counselors until I'm down the the final one, then I tunnel the shit out of him, power walking (or running :P) without shifting for the full horror movie final act. lol.  I actually usually have about 8-10 knives, not playing a +knives Jason, since most games I down to one counselor by the 10 min mark, before I get rage even, so I may take a moment to grab a few more knives, break a few doors, and cut the remaining power, because I'm a dick :D

21 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

plus knives only means more knives not more damage.... and the concept of staying close to a plus shift Jason is a tactic to use to make Jason over shoot his shift grab. It’s a bit easier to make him overshoot when your close to him rather than when you’re far away due to his shift being faster. When he shifts at me I’ll stand there and wait till the very last moment to turn backwards, right , or left. You can usually make him miss most of the time doing this. And I know you’re a NOS fan so you could really use that to ur advantage.

Exactly.  Even being good with the shift grab, if the counselor knows its coming and is a skilled juker, its going to be hard to actually grab him/her.  +Shift real value is shifting on them for it's entire length, pressuring them to burn stamina, since you can shift more often.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I don't really chase counselors until I'm down the the final one, then I tunnel the shit out of him, power walking (or running :P) without shifting for the full horror movie final act. lol.  I actually usually have about 8-10 knives since most games I down to one counselor by the 10 min mark, before I get rage even, so I may take a moment to grab a few more knives, break a few doors, and cut the remaining power, because I'm a dick :D

Nice. The last counselor I usually try to go for a horror final act as well. Usually try my best for a good cinematic stalk kill like the movies to give everyone a good show and the survivor a good scare. 

My boy Part 9!!

he is an absolute beast if used a certain way + stalk + shift= Death before the Time limit....😉

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

If the counselor is giving me a hard time, I usually go around the map collecting knives before engaging another chase. Staying close can be too dangerous, but going far away can also be as well. It's a whole balancing act between not being vulnerable to quick knife throws or window hits but also keeping Jason in line of sight too see him shifting.

10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

My boy Part 9!!

he is an absolute beast if used a certain way + stalk + shift= Death before the Time limit....😉

Yes definitely a killer combo right there.

2 minutes ago, Siph said:

If the counselor is giving me a hard time, I usually go around the map collecting knives before engaging another chase. Staying close can be too dangerous, but going far away can also be as well. It's a whole balancing act between not being vulnerable to quick knife throws or window hits but also keeping Jason in line of sight too see him shifting.

That’s smart to do that. Especially against runners who are good at juking. If Jason does in fact morph away to collect knives then as counselor it’d be a good idea to catch onto what he’s doing and to go switch game plan and go inside and juke him around furniture. Harder throwing knives inside compared to out in the open. Or you can certainly stay out in the open and randomly hold block or zig zag while jogging instead of jogging in a straight line....But a plus shift Jason I never want to not have him in my view. Too many surprises can happen. 

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes definitely a killer combo right there.

That’s smart to do that. Especially against runners who are good at juking. If Jason does in fact morph away to collect knives then as counselor it’d be a good idea to catch onto what he’s doing and to go switch game plan and go inside and juke him around furniture. Harder throwing knives inside compared to out in the open. Or you can certainly stay out in the open and randomly hold block or zig zag while jogging instead of jogging in a straight line....But a plus shift Jason I never want to not have him in my view. Too many surprises can happen. 

I agree! That's also why I find + Shift Jasons more difficult because you're always in their presence. A lot of the times you can feel him essentially breathing down your neck chasing you for the kill.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Thanks man, since I came back, only 3 counselors total has eluded me, in maybe already a 100 games as Jason.  No one yet survived the entire 20 mins.  Get off the map and do it fast.

I agree that it's probably 90% on the player behind the Jason.  If I was to put emphasis on a particular Jason though, I'd say Savini maybe, but Part 3, 6,7,8, 9, and Roy are all dangerous if the player knows how to shift, use stalk properly, and are skill with throw knives. 

Just the truth... and I do not think I was even one of those 3 escapes... But I know I have escaped from you in the past a time or three... I remember the sense of accomplishment. Now I have to escape in a car with 3 counselors against you... just as a challenge of sorts. 
    Your Savini is just as deadly as any other Jason I have seen you play. When the player knows how to use the strengths and work with the weaknesses, they will do fine with any variant... it is always more "the player" than it is "the Jason" or "the counselor"... My preferred Jason... Part IV... seems to be almost universally called the worst Jason variant... but I do fine with him... and do not really have a choice for "worst" Jason variant. I even liked Part VII before they changed him.

As far as the poll goes... I cannot vote on a variant because of you, and a few other players like you... who all seem to have different Jason preferences. But I am curious to see how the poll turns out. Right now its a tie  between Part IX and Savini. I am surprised to see Part IX given so much love... he reminds me of a cancer Orc from Return of the King.

5 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Facts

Same here. Especially when they start playing those horrendous mind games with you and you don’t know wtf he’s doing next..... 

I agree.  His traps are dangerous at first and his knives will slow you down, but the longer the match goes the better your chances of survival.  Part 6 is a good starter, though

35 minutes ago, Ahab said:

My preferred Jason... Part IV... seems to be almost universally called the worst Jason variant...

Worst Jason (in my opinion) is part V. It looks like either a pissed-off gardener, or some broke-ass cosplayer who threw his costume together the night before the Con. It's not even the real Jason Voorhees and, in total seriousness, I've most likely killed more part V's than every other Jason variant combined.

1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I am surprised to see Part IX given so much love... he reminds me of a cancer Orc from Return of the King.

It’s that +stalk and +shift combo that makes him a mind game, killing freak! 

• Like 1

The +Shift Jasons are definitely a challenge towards the end, but personally I usually find it more challenging going against a player good with part IV.  The fact he runs and can bust down doors quickly doesn't allow you much time indoors to regain stamina when cabin hopping.  Really just depends on the Jason player though.  Stalk/shifting with any of the +Shift Jasons can also be a deadly combo, but you have to play those a little smarter and trick the counselors.  Part IV is just pure endless chase.  I typically play more repair type counselors anyways, so most of my choices don't have that much stamina compared to Tiff/Vanessa/Buggzy, etc.  That's probably why I struggle more with IV.

IV and II are fine...until you have to either deal with a boat in motion or a car in motion and then you're totally screwed because you have no ability to catch either one. 

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Worst Jason (in my opinion) is part V. It looks like either a pissed-off gardener, or some broke-ass cosplayer who threw his costume together the night before the Con. It's not even the real Jason Voorhees and, in total seriousness, I've most likely killed more part V's than every other Jason variant combined.

Who was that again? The dad of the fat kid that got axed in the beginning of the movie right?