Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Any Reason Why You Open Doors As Jason As Opposed To Just Destroying Them?

Anyone actually open doors as Jason?

Or do you just destroy them?

I feel like leaving them open just leaves you open to people closing them in your face.

And since Wes thinks Jason shouldn't be able to close or barricade doors like seen in the films. This leaves no real strategy for Jason to leave them open since he can't close/and or lock them anyway.

• Like 1

I never understood why jason players don’t bust them down. I always do and breaking shit is fun. Especially when I see a + destruction Jason opening doors, I shake my head and say to myself “lazy”

• Like 1

I use doors to close them in Jason's face.

Don't lock them because most Jason players will open a door that is unlocked.

Loop them around while repeatedly closing doors.

Eventually they get mad after 10 to 15 minutes and start destroying doors.

Around that time there is 2 minutes left on the clock.

Move from cabin to cabin to burn up the clock or provide some extra time for other counselors.

Enjoy trying to surivive the 20 minutes if nothing is getting fixed in quick play.

As Jason I destroy doors. Don't open them.

• Like 1

If I open doors it's either to save time or if I'm in Stalk.

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Did that one of the last times I played. The player wised up and grabbed me right before I had the door completely closed. 

if i morph behind the house they went in the front door of & the back door is unlocked, i will use the door like a gentelmen. other than that, the doors are toast. jim & ray anyways.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

And since Wes thinks Jason shouldn't be able to close or barricade doors like seen in the films. This leaves no real strategy for Jason to leave them open since he can't close/and or lock them anyway.

I would like to close them.... Wes made a bad call on that. As Jason it would encourage stalking more, plus I’d love to turn it around on them and close the door on someone coming in for a rescue.

I'll occasionally leave one of the doors on the phone house open, but put a trap in front of it. At the same time, I'll take down the other door and also leave a trap there, and bust out the windows as well. 
The broken windows funnel counselors to the doors. Then they see the open door, think it was just left open, and don't pay attention to the trap.
It can also come in handy later on, when they get in the cabin without setting off the trap (via another door or window) and lock the door. You break it down and go in, they do a quick stun and try to run past you and run right into the trap you left 8 minutes earlier.

It's all about playing some mind games and lulling them into a false sense of security. I usually only try that on the phone house and a couple of other high traffic cabins, though, like the one in the middle of Jarvis House and the one by the northern car on Crystal Lake. 

If you're not playing the trap game, though, there's really no reason not to chop them down other than it takes time that's better spent on hunting counselors or trapping objectives. There are a lot of doors on any given map, and at 5-10 seconds per door it adds up quickly.

Also, a side thought: Why can't Jason open barricaded doors when he's inside a cabin? I know he's a little slow in the head, but he can't be dumb enough to think it's easier to chop down a door than simply lift up the 2x4 locking it. You should be able to open them with the QTE just like counselors can.

I usually break them. If I feel it's going to be more beneficial I'll open them though.

I prefer breaking them, especially preemptively if it's near a hotspot area that counselors will run to if I morph there.  However, if someone goes through a window near an unbarricaded door, it's quicker for me to open the door and grab them on their way through than bust it down.  Just depends.

As mentioned, while in stalk I would rather open the door if I can instead of destroy it, keeps the element of surprise alive. 

• Thanks 1

Open door, and melee it. 2 strikes with part 8. Nice and quick. Just opening them is more fun though. 😀 Trap em!

14 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

You can fool counselors into thinking a cabin has been looted by opening doors. 

That works very well with Stalk.

• Like 1

All DOORS should be half opened and half closed randomly at the start of the match on ALL Cabins. Already closed gives Counselors the UPPER hand. Another reason JASON gets TROLLED/KILLED/SMOKED.

Pretend you're Jason immediately after making a kill. You turn on Sense and do a 360 and notice a cabin that's a pretty good distance away lights up. You turn on Stalk and teleport over to it, and the player inside has no idea you're there. That's when you notice that the backdoor wasn't locked.

Now, you've got 2 options: open the door manually and possibly alert the counselor, or start wailing on it and definitely alert the counselor.

• Thanks 1

I quickly found that using Stalk and opening doors will cover you being there to most people.

Seriously, it's very effective and I lost track of the number of times I've stalked into a cabin, only for someone to shut and lock the door and not see me right behind them.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:39 PM, tyrant666 said:

And since Wes thinks Jason shouldn't be able to close or barricade doors like seen in the films.

When and why did he say this?

2 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

When and why did he say this?

I know he said it. Don't remember when.

Something like he felt it was wrong. Despite the fact that the films have direct evidence of him doing such things.

I'm sure it could be dug up if one looked enough.

Even if you’re in rage, sometimes breaking down a foot instead of KoolAid Manning through them is safer so you don’t step in a trap. 

Also, why does half of the player base not know how to set up a trap properly lol. Put it in the damn middle, and as close to the door as you can get it. It’s that simple.

On 7/23/2019 at 1:32 PM, GhostWolfViking said:

Don't lock them because most Jason players will open a door that is unlocked.

Loop them around while repeatedly closing doors.

Eventually they get mad after 10 to 15 minutes and start destroying doors.

Around that time there is 2 minutes left on the clock.

Move from cabin to cabin to burn up the clock or provide some extra time for other counselors.

Enjoy trying to surivive the 20 minutes if nothing is getting fixed in quick play.

As Jason I destroy doors. Don't open them.

Not sure many know this, but Jason can shift in past the door close animation if you get there right at the beginning. Counselor is still stuck in close door animation so you have time to come out of shift position self behind them and grab immediately when animation ends. RIP door in face closers.. :chadjunk:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Also, why does half of the player base not know how to set up a trap properly lol. Put it in the damn middle, and as close to the door as you can get it. It’s that simple.

Half the players don’t know there are two ways to set it down, so they just hold X (or whatever) rather than using their R2 button and placing it in the right spot. Then picking it up and moving it if it’s too far to one side. 

This goes hand in hand with not knowing you can crouch to disable them. Traps are one on the Counselors best tools but see little love, everyone has been saved by them at some point but that anonymous trap setter goes unappreciated. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MRWood204 said:

Whatever they do, dont take away my ability to knock on doors. 

I wish the mapping was different so that while in rage, I could still knock on doors.