ExpertDual

What are your thoughts on Jason's Weapons?

I made a video about Jason's weapons trying to find out the secret bonuses some weapons have compared to others. I was trying to figure out what each Weapons had.

Pig splitter fastest door destruct

Shears fastest hiding spot check

Machete fastest light attack

And other miscelanous things like can they hit windows? Traps? While trying to figure out what the axes do I figured out you can actually cancel Heavy into Heavy. I never did that before so thats cool makes slashing as good as grabbing.

Actually the spear is the fastest at breaking down doors.  But the machete is the best weapon for breaking down doors because it gets stuck the least. The worst weapon is the shears. They get stuck quite frequently.

@Somethin Cool No I meant the endlag animation for the Door destruction. If you don't do the final hit it doesn't generate as much fear. Do the Shears get stuck more than the Axes? 

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Actually the spear is the fastest at breaking down doors.  But the machete is the best weapon for breaking down doors because it gets stuck the least. The worst weapon is the shears. They get stuck quite frequently.

Interesting topic, I like the machete myself, it’s good for doors and combat, so I stick with it most of the time. I use the others when I want to see the kills or play around. 

I'm all about the spear and have been for quite some time. 

Chops doors down quickly and doesn't get stuck.  Breaks windows from a distance and doesn't get stuck unless you're on top of them.  And with the reach advantage in a very bad Jason vs Counselor combat system, it gives you the upper hand.  

I will say the machete has the slickest grab kills though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

@Somethin Cool No I meant the endlag animation for the Door destruction. If you don't do the final hit it doesn't generate as much fear. Do the Shears get stuck more than the Axes? 

You're not still using the default door breaking technique (hold swing) I hope. There are much faster ways to knock down a door...

Shears are by far the worst weapon. Range isn't bad but they get stuck in everything. Plus the kills aren't even that good.

I prefer the pickaxe, it doesn’t get stuck and it has some of my favorite grab kills.

3 minutes ago, shodan said:

I prefer the pickaxe, it doesn’t get stuck and it has some of my favorite grab kills.

Every weapon gets stuck. The pickaxe also has a pretty short range which can be bad for combat. But I do like the new pickaxe kills. Lol pt 2 is the only Jason that I still have set to his default weapon.

17 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Every weapon gets stuck.

I don’t use the trident very much but I don’t believe it gets stuck very often if at all. I’d have to go check to be sure but maybe you know?