Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

I know there’s perks for stamina, but why not speed?

 

we have tinker for repair.    Damage ones for your strength stat.  Light foot for your stealth stat.  

 

Why dont ont we have a perk to upgrade our speed stat? 

 

(besides sneaky for climbing -_-)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

I know there’s perks for stamina, but why not speed?

 

we have tinker for repair.    Damage ones for your strength stat.  Light foot for your stealth stat.  

 

Why dont ont we have a perk to upgrade our speed stat? 

 

(besides sneaky for climbing -_-)

 

 

If there was speed perks.....Vanessa mainers would be godly and others would be base vanessa's.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Like @Jason Todd Voorhees said, an overall speed increase perk will be too good on counselors like Vanessa, Chad and Buggzy. Imagine a 15% faster movement on Nessa? She won't even need to sprint to dodge shift grabs lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Like @Jason Todd Voorhees said, an overall speed increase perk will be too good on counselors like Vanessa, Chad and Buggzy. Imagine a 15% faster movement on Nessa? She won't even need to sprint to dodge shift grabs lol.

Truth ☝ Vanessa’s jog speed is disgusting 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Like @Jason Todd Voorhees said, an overall speed increase perk will be too good on counselors like Vanessa, Chad and Buggzy. Imagine a 15% faster movement on Nessa? She won't even need to sprint to dodge shift grabs lol.

 

22 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Truth ☝ Vanessa’s jog speed is disgusting 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Agreed.....chasing Vanessa runners is worse than chasing a full lobby.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd actually suggested this before when they were discussing perk reworks. To get around the problem of Vanessa being impossible to catch, I suggested it should work on a sliding scale. The lower your base speed is, the higher the benefit. I think I suggested making it the new effect for speed demon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

If there was speed perks.....Vanessa mainers would be godly and others would be base vanessa's.

This right here sums it all up.

12 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'd actually suggested this before when they were discussing perk reworks. To get around the problem of Vanessa being impossible to catch, I suggested it should work on a sliding scale. The lower your base speed is, the higher the benefit. I think I suggested making it the new effect for speed demon.

That's not a bad idea.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That's not a bad idea.

I think it was @Ahab who pointed out the flaw of giving a speed boost to Vanessa initially. It seemed like a good work around. Plus seeing LaChappa speed burst away would have been amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep...lets give repair/stealth characters a speed perk to make them Vanessa/Bugsy/Chad/Tiff level of annoyance on top of easy repair.  On top of giving those 4 god like ability to derail Jason all game.

Sounds like a good balance to me. Add in thick skin, medic, hypo, swift attacker, etc and its no big deal.

So what does Jason get as a trade off? Fixable/Movable traps? Auto fill of throwing knives at interval? Permanent stalk? Ability to pick up his mask?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think it was @Ahab who pointed out the flaw of giving a speed boost to Vanessa initially. It seemed like a good work around. Plus seeing LaChappa speed burst away would have been amazing. 

Super speed LaChappa  for the win. 😎

I doubt it would happen, but imagine the possibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Yep...lets give repair/stealth characters a speed perk to make them Vanessa/Bugsy/Chad/Tiff level of annoyance on top of easy repair.  On top of giving those 4 god like ability to derail Jason all game.

Sounds like a good balance to me. Add in thick skin, medic, hypo, swift attacker, etc and its no big deal.

So what does Jason get as a trade off? Fixable/Movable traps? Auto fill of throwing knives at interval? Permanent stalk? Ability to pick up his mask?

I don't think anybody was thinking it would be a massive speed increase. As to your points about what does Jason get, I and others have offered a bunch of suggestions. One thing I put out before was making walking/running a static ability rather then a strength or weakness. This would give each running Jason a third strength. I would then either have walking Jason's have only two weaknesses or give them a fourth strength. 

20 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Super speed LaChappa  for the win. 😎

I doubt it would happen, but imagine the possibilities.

Me too. But it'd be damn cool.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The counselors wouldn't be Balanced. Tiffany for instance has max stealth and max stamina with decent speed. However when Jason is near she still makes noise pings. AJ doesn't makes noise pings while she has the same stealth because she's slower. If you equip Speed Demon on AJ though I don't think she'll generate noise pings even though her speed got bumped practically up to a 6. There is only a 12% difference between the slowest speed being 3 and 10. 3% adds two whole speed tiers while 15% would make LaChappa significantly faster than Vanessa speed. Oh and if you give Shelly Speed Demon he becomes around as Fast as Chad. I think anyway based on feeling the reason behind that is that there is no male counselor within Speed tiers between 6-7. 

Edited by ExpertDual
Added more stuff

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the reason AJ is a tad silent than Tiffany is because a high enough composure + luck boost stealth a teeny tiny bit. That's why Jenny and Mitch are way more silent than Chad even though all 3 of them share the same stealth (6/10).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2019 at 1:21 AM, SteadyGosling said:

(besides sneaky for climbing -_-)

While I appreciate its inclusion in the OP, it doesn’t modify your speed stat so I don’t think it qualifies as a speed perk, same goes for Swift Attacker and even Evasion. But the argument could be made that the devs intended them to be the speed perks or to cover those bases. 

If Sneaky gets an upgrade, I think I want it to get you off the floor faster when you jump. (This is why it’s not on my list at the bottom.)

Your thread also makes me wonder if a luck perk would be out of the question, we could use the Crystal ball icon. 

1 minute ago, mike-hannigan said:

I think the reason AJ is a tad silent than Tiffany is because a high enough composure + luck boost stealth a teeny tiny bit. That's why Jenny and Mitch are way more silent than Chad even though all 3 of them share the same stealth (6/10).

I think you’re right, the bleed over from composure is probably the culprit, possibly luck as well but that one might not hold true using Chad as an example. 

On 7/22/2019 at 4:59 AM, DontZzz34 said:

Legendary Speed demon raises sprint speed for its bonus +

This is an interesting idea, maybe it could be spread out to a few other perks ie. Evasion, Aquanaut, or even Swift Attacker. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is an interesting idea, maybe it could be spread out to a few other perks ie. Evasion, Aquanaut, or even Swift Attacker. 

It wasn’t an idea. The speed demon perk actually has + sprint speed for its bonus effect. But that’s be cool to have it combined on other perks to. Like marathon especially. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

The speed demon perk actually has + sprint speed for its bonus effect.

I wasn’t aware of that.... 

Now I need to go roll it so I really can be the fastest Mitch in camp, 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

I think it was @Ahab who pointed out the flaw of giving a speed boost to Vanessa initially. It seemed like a good work around. Plus seeing LaChappa speed burst away would have been amazing. 

   I remember that one. The math suggested for it was in the thread on the perk rework.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Sounds like a good balance to me.

   A 15% bonus to speed would bring a counselor with a speed of 3 (the lowest speed stat) to a speed of 3.45. It is not even a full point of increase to the slow counselors. A bonus of 33% still only brings you to 99% of one point on the ability when your initial score is 3. This would not be quite as big of a deal as you first thought... but I agree that Vanessa does not need any bonuses to speed.

   The way the sliding scale would work is a lesser bonus for the high ability score, and a greater bonus for the lower score. They would never give such a massive bonus that the slow counselors would even be able to keep up with Vanessa... not even close. Then there is their stamina to worry about... and marathon does not give a large bonus anyway... I think my epic marathon is still only 15%, but I would have to check.
    To put it mildly, a speed of 10 with low stamina is not a big deal... but if Vanessa's speed of 10 was given a 15% bonus, she would now have 11.5... which is still only a point and a half increase. But she needs no bonus for this... and the sliding scale would have to affect Tommy the same way if that person were chosen to play him. 

    Either way, it was just a suggestion in the perk rework thread. I doubt this one would come to pass... but it would need the sliding scale to avoid Vanessa (or Tommy) gaining the powers of... "The Flash". They are both already quite fast enough and have a large stamina pool to back up their speed... But neither are uncatchable because of it.
 

3 hours ago, ExpertDual said:

If you equip Speed Demon on AJ though I don't think she'll generate noise pings even though her speed got bumped practically up to a 6.

   A.J. has a speed of 4... to bring her speed up to 6, she would need a bonus of 50%.... and there is no way a secondary bonus on a perk is going to be that high... let alone a primary bonus to a stat like speed... Without the sliding scale mentioned above, a 50% bonus to speed would bring Vanessa and Tommy to a speed of 15.
   A.J. still gives off sound pings if she is running, unless the sneaky perk is used (I think that is the one)… which will allow A.J. to sprint without sound pings... But most people do not have the patience to jog around the map... and you will eventually see a sound ping from A.J. if she is not using that perk.

    Your math is way off by the way.... To figure out what 15% (or any percentage for that matter) of ANY score is... you multiply the score in question by 0.15 (as per the 15% example here)... which gives you the bonus that will be added onto the score. Example above to figure out the bonus on getting A.J.'s speed up to a score of 6... speed of 4 x 0.5 = 2... making the adjusted score come to 6.
    100% of 1... is still just 1... To get 100% of any number, you multiply it by... 1... which always gives the same number that it was multiplied against. Math with percentages requires decimal points to be used for anything under 100% and will always be less than the number it is multiplied against.
    The difference between 3 and 10 is 7... or... 70%, not 12%. I am really not sure how you came up with 12% on that one. A bonus of 300% would bring LaChappa's speed of 3 up to a speed of 9... as I said above, the devs would NEVER give us a perk with that big of a bonus. It just isn't going to happen. 
 

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

I think the reason AJ is a tad silent than Tiffany is because a high enough composure + luck boost stealth a teeny tiny bit. That's why Jenny and Mitch are way more silent than Chad even though all 3 of them share the same stealth (6/10).

   Luck has nothing to do with it... but composure might. I have seen an A.J. that I was chasing giving off sound pings when jogging... and the player in question told me that she was at max fear at the time. There was not many pings, but they were there. Stumbles should always give off sound pings no matter what perk is being used... even a super powered ninja could not stumble quietly... and non of the counselors are supposed to be super powered ninjas.
   Jenny and Mitch still give off sound pings when jogging, but not very many compared to other counselors... and no one gives off sound pings when walking or standing still. Using the stealth system requires patience, which many players do not have in abundance. 
 

13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wasn’t aware of that.... 

Now I need to go roll it so I really can be the fastest Mitch in camp, 😂

   The legendary version of speed demon gives a secondary bonus to sprint speed. It is a small bonus, like all of the other secondary bonuses. 5% is negligible on any stat score from 1 to 10... 5% of 10 is still only half a point.... and 5% of 3 is only 0.15 of one point... Negligible at best.
    I have got that legendary perk a few times and sold it to make room for others... so to me at least, it does seem to be one of the more common legendary perks... right up there with Aquanaut. You do not want to know how many times I have got a legendary Aquanaut perk... and sold it again.
    I hope you read this before spending 50 000 CP (or more) trying to get that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wasn’t aware of that.... 

Now I need to go roll it so I really can be the fastest Mitch in camp, 😂

I like speed demon on Vanessa. Mainly for the - repair speed. The more negative on that the better. I’m less likely to mess up repairs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Luck has nothing to do with it... but composure might. I have seen an A.J. that I was chasing giving off sound pings when jogging... and the player in question told me that she was at max fear at the time. There was not many pings, but they were there. Stumbles should always give off sound pings no matter what perk is being used... even a super powered ninja could not stumble quietly... and non of the counselors are supposed to be super powered ninjas.
   Jenny and Mitch still give off sound pings when jogging, but not very many compared to other counselors... and no one gives off sound pings when walking or standing still. Using the stealth system requires patience, which many players do not have in abundance.

Were you Part 7 Jason by any chance? For some reason Part seven's hearing sense is stronger than any other Jason so he can pick up AJ and Tiffany's noise when jogging.

The perk you were thinking about is "Lightfoot" and only AJ can achieve a noise-free sprinting but the perk in question has to be at least 11% or higher. Currently caps at 15% and only works when sprinting.

Tommy doesn't seem to generate any noise even when sprinting though but then again you can't spawn in as him every game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:

I hope you read this before spending 50 000 CP (or more) trying to get that one.

I probably need the excuse as motivation, that half a million cp is burning a hole in my pocket. I know it won’t make any real difference but I can use it in place of TS and just be more careful. 

52 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I like speed demon on Vanessa. Mainly for the - repair speed. The more negative on that the better. I’m less likely to mess up repairs. 

The advantage of some of the negatives I’m well aware of, I just never had any luck rolling the legendaries and haven’t read the list in months. The bonuses weren’t good enough or unique enough to change anything. I still think most of my no neg epics are probably better than whatever legendaries I might roll too which doesn’t encourage me very much. 

This is why I can’t wait for the rework. 

 

Did anyone catch the stream I got distracted and missed it... any good news?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

The perk you were thinking about is "Lightfoot"

   I don't know why I keep mixing those two perks up... I did the same thing in another conversation recently. Thank you for correcting me. 
   I do not remember if I was playing Part VII or Part IV when that happened... it could have been either. I did not think about sound pings being tied to sense. I will have to pay closer attention to this... Thank you for pointing that out. 
   I cannot remember Tommy giving off sound pings at all either... which makes him much more difficult to find with 3 top tier sense avoidance perks... Fortunately, most Tommy players do not hide... they tend to get in Jason's face. I do sometimes use Tommy's lack of sound pings to get a car repaired and go pick as many people up as I can. Most of my builds are fear resistance, which are great for Tommy as well.
 

6 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I probably need the excuse as motivation, that half a million cp is burning a hole in my pocket. I know it won’t make any real difference but I can use it in place of TS and just be more careful. 

   I still have only one legendary perk that I actually use on a regular basis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How many of these "I suck @ Counselor" So let's give counselors that suck like me more PERKS do you guys have here in this forums?

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 11:36 AM, ExpertDual said:

 I think anyway based on feeling the reason behind that is that there is no male counselor within Speed tiers between 6-7. 

Reggie would have had a 7 speed, but sadly he isn't coming ever for obvious reasons😪 He was the main consideration for the next Male counselor after Victoria. The Devs had contacted Shavar Ross.

 

"Composure - 8

Speed - 7

Luck - 7

Stamina - 5

Repair - 3

Stealth - 3

Strength - 2"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GUYS if you equip Legendary Speed Demon and Legendary Low Profile it increases your Speed even more. I don't know what the Crouching Speed increase would be for Low Profile but it really adds onto it. You might even go faster if you equip Legendary Preparedness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...