Sign in to follow this  
OCT 31 1978

Halloween KILLS 2020 And Halloween ENDS 2021!

https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3573965/confirmed-carpenter-michael-myers-back-2020s-halloween-kills-2021s-halloween-ends/

And to think I was excited about just one more sequel we are getting two!!! 

Unbelievable!! Hope the rest of the Icons of Horror rights holders are paying attention this is the time for a revival!!

Sean/ Miller get off your high horses and work it out!!

New Line where are you with Fred Kruger!!

Leather face!!

Bring them on!!

• Like 2

Really excited for these two new 🎃 movies. Right now would be a great time to start production on a Halloween video game since the franchise is thriving more than it ever has. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Really excited for these two new 🎃 movies. Right now would be a great time to start production on a Halloween video game since the franchise is thriving more than it ever has. 

Definitely! a game that could comes out next year parallel with the next film would be amazing!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Definitely! a game that could comes out next year parallel with the next film would be amazing!

Thanks for keeping us all the loop. This is the kind of news that brightens someone's day.

• Like 1

I’m so excited for these new films, this announcement has made me sooooo happy 

• Like 1

Love the Halloween movies as much as Friday the 13th. A game similar to Friday the 13th centered around Halloween would be awesome.  There are enough mask variations to play different Michael Myers and enough background settings. Game on, my friends

There was "something" in development at some point. Turned out to be some sort of scam. 😥

But yes, if it follows the same third person gametype like Friday...then you got my money. (I dislike DbD first person view for the killers... I want to control the killer, not actually be him. No one can be Jason lol. Does that make sense?)

Posted (edited)

I’m beyond excited for these movies. At the ending of Halloween (2018) when they showed the burning house, Michael was nowhere there, which meant…he’s still alive. So I was expecting a sequel!

Some good news is that Nick Castle is coming back to play The Shape in the sequels! I know Jamie Lee Curtis, Andi Matichak, and Judy Greer are going to continue playing as the Strodes — that’ll be interesting because Allyson lost her father that Halloween — and I know David Gordon Green will likely be directing again. 

They’re also filming it all in Willmington North Carolina and starting the filming this fall, I believe filming both back-to-back.

I’m just beyond excited because Halloween is my favorite horror franchise and has been ever since I can remember. 🎃

As for other horror icons — I do believe that somebody is trying to make another Friday the 13th remake.  I’ve heard about this for a while now, and a lot of people had thought this movie would come out on Friday December the 13th due to an unnamed Blumhouse movie being set for that day —  but that’s now been announced it’s going to be the remake of Black Christmas. 

I’m not sure when or if they’re for sure planning a new Friday movie, but I also know somebody is trying to reboot or release a new A Nightmare On Elm Street movie — I heard that a certain director was actually trying to get that to happen, but if it does ever happen we can only hope Robert Englund will be Freddy because as with Donald Pleasance being the one and only Doctor Loomis, Robert Englund is the only Freddy. He plays him the best and just is him. I heard Robert saying in an interview that he’s maybe got one more Nightmare movie in him, so hopefully that’ll end up happening. 

As for other villains like Leatherface, I haven’t heard anything about that, but I do definitely think there should be a revival of the other horror legends too! 

Edited by FridayThe31st
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, FridayThe31st said:

He plays him the best and just is him. I heard Robert saying in an interview that he’s maybe got one more Nightmare movie in him, so hopefully that’ll end up happening

I’m all for this, Robert needs to pass the torch. If I was going to write it I think I’d delve into the lore more, use the three dream demons to spread Freddy’s power out to a couple of appropriate disciples. He was greedy and killed all the children he was connected to, seeing the end of his rain of terror he isn’t willing to just give up. So he recruits two different younger people to be his hands in the real world, during the movie they’ll be in competition for his affection and power. With Freddy planning to take one of their bodies as his own, similar to what he’s tried before. Unfortunately I think he’ll be successful, only for one disciple to turn on the other and kill them, probably by burning them alive. 

This way we can have our cake and more cake in the future too. The better disciple gets to be a living dream demon, the dead one is a weaker Freddy in a new body (we could really have some fun with this.), and the last dream demon will take up residence in our new friend below. 

The first character I think I’d have Freddy interact with would be a dreaming dog, maybe after digging up a bone or piece of clothing. Having Robert interact with the dog to make it Freddy’s messenger, possibly even putting one of the dream demons in the dog. Using it to infect others by having it go to sleep near someone and pulling them into the dream world. Acting as a gate keeper, Cerberus if you will to Freddy’s Hades. 

The Final girl can be an object of want for one disciple and hate for the other, forming a crude triangle and possibly giving us another Nancy who can move through future sequels. Having romantic interactions between the hero and the villain that won’t be Freddy may just make him angry enough to make mistakes and allow for a satisfying climax to his story. 

Freddy is a shapeshifter with little regard for norms of behaviour, he can live on in the right actor. 

• Like 1

I'm always thrilled to see more horror movies doing their thang now a days. However, at some point it has to end right? Michael must be in his 60s approaching 70s. Goddamn, is their gonna be a point in the next two movies where Michael's power walking his way after someone then has a heart attack due to old age?

On 7/27/2019 at 2:08 AM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

James Jude Courtney better be the man behind the mask.....

I know Nick Castle is back but.....James did an amazing job.

He definitely is coming back as well as Nick posted on Twitter that James still has the torch.

@TommysMightyChin

evil never dies mate.

• Like 1