Sign in to follow this  

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered issues lately trying to successfully kill Jason.  Typically, I don't have a problem doing it and it all works just fine.  Only every once in a blue moon does it glitch and he doesn't drop to his knees.  However, yesterday I was playing for quite some time and it glitched 3 separate times.  Everything was set up correctly from what I could tell - it was also in an open space, so nothing and no one was in the way...yet when I (or whoever happened to be Tommy) hit Jason after the sweater stun, he didn't drop to his knees.  (I know about the tip regarding hitting Jason from more of an angle/behind him to make sure he does drop.)  As I said, I've done it several times before and generally had no problem.  Now three times in a row.  Am I just having exceptionally bad luck or are other people experiencing this too?

Thanks ;)

@gmintz09, what weapon were you using as Tommy to stun Jason after the sweater stun? The reason I ask, I have seen many failed attempts to kill Jason because the machete has a lower stun chance than the axe.

Just now, Dragonfire82877 said:

@gmintz09, what weapon were you using as Tommy to stun Jason after the sweater stun? The reason I ask, I have seen many failed attempts to kill Jason because the machete has a lower stun chance than the axe.

When I was Tommy personally, it is always the axe if possible.

1 minute ago, gmintz09 said:

When I was Tommy personally, it is always the axe if possible.

You could have just had a string of bad luck, the only melee weapon with a guaranteed stun chance is the frying pan. Let's hope there isn't a new bug raring it's ugly head. I thought for sure you were going to say you used a machete, lol. I know it's possible, but I personally have never seen the axe fail to drop Jason to his knees after the sweater.

4 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

You could have just had a string of bad luck, the only melee weapon with a guaranteed stun chance is the frying pan. Let's hope there isn't a new bug raring it's ugly head. I thought for sure you were going to say you used a machete, lol. I know it's possible, but I personally have never seen the axe fail to drop Jason to his knees after the sweater.

Yeah, I could have rationalized it being the machete if that had been the case, but these recent occurrences just leave me confused.  Sounds like it must be my bad luck then.  Never seen it happen 3 times in a row though lol.

Run sucker punch for a guaranteed drop to his knees...... then you won’t have an issue 

I’ve had some times where the axe doesn’t work, it’s just extremely bad luck •_•

i have had extremely good luck though!

once knocked him to his knees with a machete lol

Tell me what I did wrong here.  I'd been tunneled by this guy for like 10-12 minutes when he finally managed to get me (despite walking right past pretty much every other counselor, the car escaping, the cops being called, etc)...so when I come back as Tommy of course I'm ready for the kill.  Then this happens.

18 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Tell me what I did wrong here.  This is what is happening (this just happened today).

What perks were you running at the time of this video? Any stun chance % drops? Also run sucker punch

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

What perks were you running at the time of this video? Any stun chance % drops? Also run sucker punch

I was Fox - I had medic, NOS, and thick skin.  No different than any other time I play and Jason drops to his knees just fine.  

1 minute ago, gmintz09 said:

I was Fox - I had medic, NOS, and thick skin.  No different than any other time I play and Jason drops to his knees just fine.  

The axe isn’t always a guaranteed drop to his knees. Although some of us have better luck then others..... with me I usually can get Jason to his knees with axe. In ur case with ur bad luck your having I’d replace one of those perks with sucker punch. I feel like a broken record saying that...... lol but run it and report back if you have an issue kneeing Jason down again. I bet you won’t run into the problem again once you change ur perk slots

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

The axe isn’t always a guaranteed drop to his knees. Although some of us have better luck then others..... with me I usually can get Jason to his knees with axe. In ur case with ur bad luck your having I’d replace one of those perks with sucker punch. I feel like a broken record saying that...... lol but run it and report back if you have an issue kneeing Jason down again. I bet you won’t run into the problem again once you change ur perk slots

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  I just don't get why this changed all the sudden.  Almost never had a problem up until yesterday and now it just keeps happening.  Very frustrating. Thanks for the input.

5 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  I just don't get why this changed all the sudden.  Almost never had a problem up until yesterday and now it just keeps happening.  Very frustrating. Thanks for the input.

Yes no problem. It’s just bad luck with the stun chance getting to you. Just like when you hit Jason with a baseball bat and it doesn’t stun him. You’re like “wtf!!!” Same thing in this situation. Hope your Jason kills turn out to be successful next times around. 

*oh and also something I just remembered. I’ve noticed most success with heavy attacks kneeing Jason down more often then not.

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes no problem. It’s just bad luck with the stun chance getting to you. Just like when you hit Jason with a baseball bat and it doesn’t stun him. You’re like “wtf!!!” Same thing in this situation. Hope your Jason kills turn out to be successful next times around. 

*oh and also something I just remembered. I’ve noticed most success with heavy attacks kneeing Jason down more often then not.

Oh yeah, love when the bat doesn't stun. 😆 And thank you again! 👍🏼

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Tell me what I did wrong here.  I'd been tunneled by this guy for like 10-12 minutes when he finally managed to get me (despite walking right past pretty much every other counselor, the car escaping, the cops being called, etc)...so when I come back as Tommy of course I'm ready for the kill.  Then this happens.

The only thing you did wrong was take being "tunneled" personally... If you lasted 10-12 minutes with Jason behind you, then you have some pretty good kitting skills... It is unwise for a Jason player to give up on a chase and have to start wearing your stamina down all over again. Let alone after forcing you to use a pocket knife or two, and / or a med spray or two. Giving a player like this a chance to pick up more pocket knives and med sprays will make a long chase even longer when and if he can get back to you... and time is not on Jason's side in this game.
    What people call "tunneling" is actually what Jason needs to do to get kills for the most part... People need to rethink complaining about Jason tunneling them... It is like someone complaining about another person for actually doing their job properly... Which makes ZERO sense. 

10 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

I just don't get why this changed all the sudden.  Almost never had a problem up until yesterday and now it just keeps happening.  Very frustrating.

This has NOT changed. The axe is somewhere around 66% chance to stun... It is good odds and you can stun him many times in a row with the axe, and in the same breath... you can also not stun him many times in a row with the axe. Random number generators that determine your success or failure work in strange ways. 
    A third person with a bat or frying pan to put Jason on his knees is a safer bet than the perks that @DontZzz34 suggested. But these perks will give you a better chance if you do not have the option for a third person to be involved. That frying pan is very fragile though... they have to save it for the hit to put him on his knees. With the low luck counselors that I play, I don't think I get more than one hit with it.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

The only thing you did wrong was take being "tunneled" personally... If you lasted 10-12 minutes with Jason behind you, then you have some pretty good kitting skills... It is unwise for a Jason player to give up on a chase and have to start wearing your stamina down all over again. Let alone after forcing you to use a pocket knife or two, and / or a med spray or two. Giving a player like this a chance to pick up more pocket knives and med sprays will make a long chase even longer when and if he can get back to you... and time is not on Jason's side in this game.
    What people call "tunneling" is actually what Jason needs to do to get kills for the most part... People need to rethink complaining about Jason tunneling them... It is like someone complaining about another person for actually doing their job properly... Which makes ZERO sense. 

I'm with you on that.  It is wise to wear down a counselor.  HOWEVER...a Jason's job is to protect objectives, prevent counselors from escaping, and kill them.  This Jason continued to chase one counselor (me) even with the four seater going behind him (nearly full car), the cops being called (and people going to the exit), the boat going, etc.  That resulted in me being the only kill he got.  Had he decided to go after people working objectives, he probably would have gotten more than 1 kill.  When I play as Jason, if someone is wasting too much time and they clearly have experience giving the run around, I go for the other counselors to get them out of the way so they don't have a chance to escape or I don't run out of time because that one person took so much of my time.  That's all I'm saying.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

This has NOT changed. The axe is somewhere around 66% chance to stun... It is good odds and you can stun him many times in a row with the axe, and in the same breath... you can also not stun him many times in a row with the axe. Random number generators that determine your success or failure work in strange ways. 
    A third person with a bat or frying pan to put Jason on his knees is a safer bet than the perks that @DontZzz34 suggested. But these perks will give you a better chance if you do not have the option for a third person to be involved. That frying pan is very fragile though... they have to save it for the hit to put him on his knees. With the low luck counselors that I play, I don't think I get more than one hit with it.

I don't mean it has literally changed in the sense something was updated/modified.  I'm talking about my luck.  In the past, I almost never had a problem dropping Jason to his knees with the axe.  Sure, sometimes it glitched, but that was only once in a while.  Now it has happened four times in a row.  That is some pretty horrible luck lol.

4 hours ago, Ahab said:

A third person with a bat or frying pan to put Jason on his knees is a safer bet than the perks that @DontZzz34 suggested. But these perks will give you a better chance if you do not have the option for a third person to be involved.

Idk... you can’t always rely on others they might die or not be around at the time of the kill happening. I have pretty much a 100% stun chance with the axe with sucker punch equipped. I haven’t had a single time the axe hasn’t stunned Jason with this perk on.... I feel like that’d be more reliable then relying on others. I’ve noticed relying on others typically doesn’t always work out

19 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

This Jason continued to chase one counselor (me) even with the four seater going behind him (nearly full car), the cops being called (and people going to the exit), the boat going, etc.  That resulted in me being the only kill he got.

Sounds like you did your job as a distraction so others could escape... I have had to sacrifice myself for others to escape many times... but with the cops already there, escaping to them is always a good possibility.
    The car can be hit and miss, and so can the boat... trust me on that one... I am great at stopping the car, but still miss sometimes... and also a pretty good driver... I will almost never leave without the car being full... I also escape on the boat quite often... but I use Part 4 Jason and catching the boat is more hit and miss for me than neutral or +Water Speed variants. In either vehicle, you can get around Jason and escape rather easily... I also escape in the boat with a +Water Speed variant trying to catch me far more than you would think. And we all know how the dance parties at the exit to the cops goes... Everyone waiting at the cops will still be there when he finishes with you... The same logic applies... exactly why should he give up on chasing you? It has to be a damned good reason in the mind of the Jason player chasing you... not a good reason in your mind.

You are still saying he should have gone after someone else instead of you... This is up to the Jason player, the people he is chasing have no right to tell him who to chase... and no right to complain about him chasing them. And personally, if I am chasing someone and they try to tell me that someone else is escaping on the boat... or getting away in the car... or just the location of someone else... they just made themselves a priority target. No one likes a rat. I am not saying you told him what others were doing... that can also be considered, and will be called teaming by other players... particularly those players that had their position given away to Jason.

Leaving you to regain your stamina and possibly pick up more med sprays and maybe even a pocket knife... and then head to the cops alone is still a mistake. Even with the slowest counselors you can EASILY get around him and escape. You would suggest this Jason player take a good chance at zero kills over a good chance at one kill.
    From your description of what was happening, it sounds like this Jason was just trying to make the best of it... and was playing against counselors that can actually work as a team. A group of 7 counselors actually working as a team can give ANY Jason player a very low kill count in that match.

20 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

In the past, I almost never had a problem dropping Jason to his knees with the axe.  Sure, sometimes it glitched, but that was only once in a while.  Now it has happened four times in a row.  That is some pretty horrible luck lol.

Exactly how many times in the past did it work in a row for you to drop to his knees?... I bet the number is way over 4... probably in the triple digits at least. Having it happen four times in a row is shit luck... but considering how many times it worked in a row for you, this is just the odds catching up with you. If you worked out your overall success vs overall failure rate, it would probably still read something like 99% success at the stun and 1% failure... and that is less than 1% if you have had 401 or more stuns compared to 4 failures.... Still damned good odds really.

20 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Idk... you can’t always rely on others they might die or not be around at the time of the kill happening. I have pretty much a 100% stun chance with the axe with sucker punch equipped. I haven’t had a single time the axe hasn’t stunned Jason with this perk on.... I feel like that’d be more reliable then relying on others. I’ve noticed relying on others typically doesn’t always work out

Indeed, shit can and does happen. Sometimes Jason kills one of you... but many times, the hunters kill Jason. When it is so easy to kill Jason, I could never understand why someone would complain about a failure to kill him that only happens now and again. When success rates are through the roof and someone complains about a single failure, or even a couple of failures... "Crying"... would be the most accurate description here... Blunt and to the point... but there it is. Even a 20% failure rate is NOTHING to cry about... you will still succeed with that WAY more than you will fail.
   There are quite a few things that can screw up a Jason kill, yet it is still very easy to do it and you will have way higher of a success rate than you will a failure rate... Which is evident with all of the Jason hunters that succeed so often in killing Jason. Absolutely non of these things need to be fixed before making the kill more difficult in the first place.

Even with sucker punch, all you get is "pretty much" 100%... not 100%... When it is not 100%, things can fail from time to time... and the failure will be rare. As I said above... even 4 failures in a row is probably NOTHING compared to your success rate... The third person is just to give you a better chance than you already have... I am not saying do not use the perks, I am saying that you can still fail to stun him with the perks and a third person around just helps more than relying on just Tommy and Sweater Girl... and it is still possible to fail several times in a row... It is extremely rare for this to happen, but it does happen. A random number generator is NOT going to give you the number you want every single time.