Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Post all your counselor builds here!

Recommended Posts

I thought it’d be fun to tell each other what builds all of us run on certain counselors we use. I’d like to hear other builds people run. Counselors I run are Tiffany, Vanessa, Deborah, AJ, Chad, Victoria, Adam. In that order from my main to least used. I use them all for various reasons.  

Tiffany, Vanessa, and Victoria (my fighter, survive the night, and distract build. If no one repairs I will do so with them as well)- Swift attacker, medic, and thick skin 

Tiffany and Vanessa (sweater girl kill jason build)- Marathon, Thick skin, Swift attacker) 

Tiffany (fast part delivery build)- Marathon, Thick Skin, Medic 

Deborah (my escape main, stay low away from Jason, repair whole camp build)- NOS, Level Headed, Marathon

AJ (my escapee, stay away from Jason, repair whole camp build) NOS, Level headed, lightfoot

Chad (my car escapee build) Swift attacker, grease monkey, nos 

Chad (distract build) Swift attacker, thick skin, marathon 

Adam (my kill jason guy if I’m trying to be tommy) Swift attacker, thick skin, marathon

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm boring and always play in a specific manner.  I only really play 4 counselors, I just equip everyone incase of the Random Counselor Bug.

 

Killer Vanessa- ThickedSkin, SwiftAttacker, NervesOfSteel (Gear up, demask Jason, grab sweater, meet up with Tommy, Kill Jason.   If that fails, survive the night if an escape isn't provided)

"No Fear" Final Jenny-   Preparedness,NervesOfSteel,ThickedSkin (Same as Vanessa, but slower :P,  I'm currently playing her again as both retraining myself to deal with Jason without expecting a stun, both for demasking and Post-Rage, and giving the novice Jason's a fighting chance lol.  Despite her not being optimal for it, I'm still solo demasking Jason pretty much the majority of the games I've played, as @Ahab can back up my claim.) 

Utility Fox-ThickedSkin, SwiftAttacker, NervesOfSteel (Don't play her as often, but I use her if I'm ether I'm actually looking to repair something (still working on my boat escapes badge :P) as well as keeping her available to help out in a Jason kill. I also may use her if I'm against a especially strong Jason who cut's the power and traps the Tommy radio box, as I don't want to chance a failed repair-check and her high strength keeps my encounter combating for the mask brief.)

The LaChappa-ThickedSkin, Medic, NervesOfSteel(I use him when I want to fix shit.   I pick him over Deb because the urge to grab the sweater is too strong for me :D and he is sexier.  After I do my repair, I'll still attempt a demask or otherwise annoy the Jason, lol.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GeneiJin said:

I'm boring and always play in a specific manner.  I only really play 4 counselors, I just equip everyone incase of the Random Counselor Bug.

 

Killer Vanessa- ThickedSkin, SwiftAttacker, NervesOfSteel (Gear up, demask Jason, grab sweater, meet up with Tommy, Kill Jason.   If that fails, survive the night if an escape isn't provided)

"No Fear" Final Jenny-   Preparedness,NervesOfSteel,ThickedSkin (Same as Vanessa, but slower :P,  I'm currently playing her again as both retraining myself to deal with Jason without expecting a stun, both for demasking and Post-Rage, and giving the novice Jason's a fighting chance lol.  Despite her not being optimal for it, I'm still solo demasking Jason pretty much the majority of the games I've played, as @Ahab can back up my claim.) 

Utility Fox-ThickedSkin, SwiftAttacker, NervesOfSteel (Don't play her as often, but I use her if I'm ether I'm actually looking to repair something (still working on my boat escapes badge :P) as well as keeping her available to help out in a Jason kill. I also may use her if I'm against a especially strong Jason who cut's the power and traps the Tommy radio box, as I don't want to chance a failed repair-check and her high strength keeps my encounter combating for the mask brief.)

The LaChappa-ThickedSkin, Medic, NervesOfSteel(I use him when I want to fix shit.   I pick him over Deb because the urge to grab the sweater is too strong for me :D and he is sexier.  After I do my repair, I'll still attempt a demask or otherwise annoy the Jason, lol.)

Very nice builds for your counselors and reasoning behind them. I can tell you’re a big lover of nerves of steel! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

The LaChappa-ThickedSkin, Medic, NervesOfSteel(I use him when I want to fix shit.   I pick him over Deb because the urge to grab the sweater is too strong for me :D and he is sexier.  After I do my repair, I'll still attempt a demask or otherwise annoy the Jason, lol.)

Love LaChappa! That's the build I run on him too, Jasons tunnel vision is strong when he sees the White Panther!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A common build but I run Marathon, Thick Skin, and Nerves Of Steel on my Vanessa. This is so I can survive longer encounters with Jason. Also I grab the sweater when I can and protect more vulnerable counselors with this.

For Fox, I run Thick Skin, Medic, and Nerves of Steel. 

Maybe more uncommon is my A.J build. I run Motorboating, My Dad's A Cop, and Low Profile. This is when I'm feeling annoyed of bad teammates and I just stick to myself on the other side of the map. I focus strictly on objectives and if there's a boat, you can bet that will be my main priority. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Very nice builds for your counselors and reasoning behind them. I can tell you’re a big lover of nerves of steel! 

It's a powerful perk that many sleep on.  It's not just about Jason, although it does help keep track of him when your counselor gets fear vison, but also useful keeping eyes on all teammates around you.

36 minutes ago, Redrum138 said:

Love LaChappa! That's the build I run on him too, Jasons tunnel vision is strong when he sees the White Panther!

Right, yesterday, due to the random counselor glitch, I got LaChappa, called the cops in 2 mins then just harassed the Jason for 10 mins, I had 2 PK that I didn't even need to use, tunneled me for most of the game, then Rage quits once I got to the cop exit. 🤣

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Despite her not being optimal for it, I'm still solo demasking Jason pretty much the majority of the games I've played, as @Ahab can back up my claim

   Yes... yes I can. Not even a little bit of an exaggeration... I have seen you do it to me many times and to others a great many more times... as I am not Jason in every match we play... or it would have been me a great many more times. I did manage to keep my mask against you once or twice in the last few matches... which gives me a sense of accomplishment at least.
 

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I can tell you’re a big lover of nerves of steel! 

    Best perk in the game... not just for the reasons Jin stated above... But that mini map is very useful when driving the car... Both to see other players to pick up and to see Jason on it as well to help try to avoid him... which does not always work of course... But it helps a lot. I do not like to leave unless my car is full.
    It is also extremely useful when driving the boat... I look at my map before I get in the boat (or car for that matter), but I use the mini map to follow the coast line or the red outside border to the exit... Also, if Jason morphs into the water and you are driving the boat, you can see him on the mini map, which is the only thing that makes it possible to juke a Jason in the water... This is also possible against a +water speed Jason... situational, but possible, I have done it quite a few times. You can get around Jason in the canals on Pinehurst and Jarvis like this too... It is difficult and VERY risky... but still possible.
    I love boats... and they are always worth the risk. But losing that mini map is a killer in these situations.

    On A.J. I run Preparedness, Nerves of Steel and Marathon. Sometimes I change out Marathon. GeneiJin pointed out the benefits of this no fear build thingy a long time ago to me and I never looked back. Starting with a map is a bonus for me as I find the map incredibly useful early on and can never find a map anywhere on those occasions that I changed that perk out... just how my luck works.

 

1 hour ago, Siph said:

Maybe more uncommon is my A.J build. I run Motorboating, My Dad's A Cop, and Low Profile. This is when I'm feeling annoyed of bad teammates and I just stick to myself on the other side of the map. I focus strictly on objectives and if there's a boat, you can bet that will be my main priority. 

    My dad's a cop is a great perk, but I almost always play with friends that use this and just communicate with them to make the call.
    Low profile is sense avoidance (if I remember correctly).. One sense avoidance perk is a bit of a waste in my opinion... Three of them give you a good chance, but one isn't worth it as the chance to avoid sense is just too low on 1 perk... With A.J. the sneaky perk gives her zero sound pings even when sprinting which might help you a bit more that low profile, and it only has this effect on A.J. Zero sound pings makes it very difficult to find you if you can keep your distance from Jason... But now and again he will get a lucky morph.

    In my experience with driving the boat and not using boat perks... -Water Speed Jasons are barely a concern, but if you lose your mini map, they could still catch you. If you get them behind you, they will be left in your proverbial dust... Neutral water speed Jasons travel at almost exactly the same speed as the boat. If you get them behind you, they will not catch up to you. Part 2 may be able to morph in front of you to get a second chance though, making him one of the most dangerous Jasons in the water in my opinion... +Water Speed... There is still a chance to get away from them. A bad morph can easily save you... It takes them time to catch up to you... if you get them behind you, you have a chance if you are close to the exit at that point... they can only catch up to you so fast.
     With enough room, you can get around negative and neutral water speed Jasons… then they are behind you and no longer an issue. The +Water Speed Jasons are another matter... When I get around one in a canal, it is near a bridge... gotta time that one right. Let them commit to one side of the bridge and take the other side. Almost every time I have done this, they get stuck on the bridge support just long enough for me to get to the nearest exit... All of these types of escapes have been extremely close calls though. In the lake, I use the rock islands for a similar effect. Risky, but sometimes you will still get away.
     I do not think the motorboating perk is worth it for these reasons... but in those instances you are up against a +water speed variant... it could mean the difference between life and death. But for how many times I take a boat in a night and see a +Water Speed variant... 1 or non... is not enough for me to sacrifice another perk from my build.

     Nerves of steel is the better choice over motorboating if you really like using the boat. It is the reason I escape on the boat as much as I do... and I escape on the boat so much, the name Pequod should be painted on the bow in honor of my literary namesake. You really will regret not having nerves of steel on when you lose your mini map in a boat chase. 
     Also... another trick to boat escapes... ask others in the lobby to let you know when Jason morphs while you sit in the boat. Sometimes you may be waiting for a couple minutes... but if someone lets you know when he morphs... start the boat and go... He has no chance to catch you, unless it is part 2 with that damned +Morph ability.

     Also... boats are awesome.
 

2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Right, yesterday, due to the random counselor glitch, I got LaChappa, called the cops in 2 mins then just harassed the Jason for 10 mins, I had 2 PK that I didn't even need to use, tunneled me for most of the game, then Rage quits once I got to the cop exit. 🤣

    There were some good games last night... and some weird ones. @badassgixxer05 left before you came into the game, but he wound up in orbit with a car glitch. Syri has screenshots. I wonder why there is a model for the planet earth in the game... Perhaps something to do with the view from the Grendel?... or maybe we would have had to blast Jason out of an airlock and then take an escape pod down to the camp to find the shack?... Who knows... they will never tell us.
    At this point, that was actually the night before last... not last night... but to me it is still tonight. Its a timey whimy thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Right, yesterday, due to the random counselor glitch, I got LaChappa, called the cops in 2 mins then just harassed the Jason for 10 mins, I had 2 PK that I didn't even need to use, tunneled me for most of the game, then Rage quits once I got to the cop exit. 🤣

I love getting Chappa on random, so many people laugh when I spawn in and go "Yes! White Panther!" Had one guy laughing so hard, he said "I've NEVER heard someone be excited to get him on random." I love the challenge, sometimes Jason gets me. But my favorite games are when tunnel bots try to run me down, as I'm beating their ass across the map to a chorus of Chappa squeals. 😆

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Ahab said:

Best perk in the game... not just for the reasons Jin stated above... But that mini map is very useful when driving the car... Both to see other players to pick up and to see Jason on it as well to help try to avoid him... which does not always work of course... But it helps a lot. I do not like to leave unless my car is full.
    It is also extremely useful when driving the boat... I look at my map before I get in the boat (or car for that matter), but I use the mini map to follow the coast line or the red outside border to the exit... Also, if Jason morphs into the water and you are driving the boat, you can see him on the mini map, which is the only thing that makes it possible to juke a Jason in the water... This is also possible against a +water speed Jason... situational, but possible, I have done it quite a few times. You can get around Jason in the canals on Pinehurst and Jarvis like this too... It is difficult and VERY risky... but still possible.
    I love boats... and they are always worth the risk. But losing that mini map is a killer in these situations.

    On A.J. I run Preparedness, Nerves of Steel and Marathon. Sometimes I change out Marathon. GeneiJin pointed out the benefits of this no fear build thingy a long time ago to me and I never looked back. Starting with a map is a bonus for me as I find the map incredibly useful early on and can never find a map anywhere on those occasions that I changed that perk out... just how my luck works.

I think the best perk in the game would depend heavily on what you’re going for that certain game. If I’m going for car or boat, then nos will help me the absolute most. Without it and you lose your map, most likely you’re getting stopped. You can only get lucky so many times with Jason’s shift and guessing if he’s behind or in front of the car/boat... but when I’m going for survive the night I find medic and thick skin to be the best perks in the game for that situation. Helps keep me from limping, I can abuse broken Windows, take more damage from Jason, etc.....  but for the best perks in the game we all know top tier is medic, thick skin, nos, marathon, swift attacker, and maybe some of the stealth perks on AJ especially. Perhaps someone should start a poll to see what the community thinks the best meta perk is. It'd be an interesting poll.... 

thats a solid set up for AJ. For me, personally I’d swap out preparedness for something else. But that’s bc I have always had really good luck finding a map immediately. It’s rare I don’t find a map in the very first cabin I check. But some of us have better luck then others going all game without a damn map lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Redrum138 said:

I love getting Chappa on random, so many people laugh when I spawn in and go "Yes! White Panther!" Had one guy laughing so hard, he said "I've NEVER heard someone be excited to get him on random." I love the challenge, sometimes Jason gets me. But my favorite games are when tunnel bots try to run me down, as I'm beating their ass across the map to a chorus of Chappa squeals. 😆

 But I mean, Lord LaChappa isn't good, in fact there is a short list of counselors I find less pleasant to be, which is Deborah, Tiffany, Adam, Shelly, Victoria, Kenny, AJ, Chad, Mitch, and Bugzy.   Other than that small sample of the cast, I wouldn't want to be Poor LaChappa... too manly....

42 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

 You can only get lucky so many times with Jason’s shift and guessing if he’s behind or in front of the car/boat... but when I’m going for survive the night I find medic and thick skin to be the best perks in the game for that situation.

The combo of Medic and Thicked Skin is a great advantage when trying to save the night.... an advantage generally that I do without.  It's hard for me to part with ether NoS or SwiftAttacker.  It does make the end game chase more thrilling though, as I have to manage what sprays I have, how much life I have, and lead Jason to locations I hope there a Spray at.  On my Jenny build, I swallowed my pride and accepted that I need Thicked Skin, especially when I'm dueling a +Strength Jason.  I'm adjusting right now, and several times I take a hit because I'm used to SwiftAttacker stuffing Jason's swing :(.  Oh well.  On LaChappa, I do use that Medic+ThickedSkin for the obvious utility to Tank Traps.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

The combo of Medic and Thicked Skin is a great advantage when trying to save the night.... an advantage generally that I do without.  It's hard for me to part with ether NoS or SwiftAttacker.  It does make the end game chase more thrilling though, as I have to manage what sprays I have, how much life I have, and lead Jason to locations I hope there a Spray at.  On my Jenny build, I swallowed my pride and accepted that I need Thicked Skin, especially when I'm dueling a +Strength Jason.  I'm adjusting right now, and several times I take a hit because I'm used to SwiftAttacker stuffing Jason's swing :(.  Oh well.  On LaChappa, I do use that Medic+ThickedSkin for the obvious utility to Tank Traps.

Yes it is indeed. Especially if the you’re going against a Jason who is really good at the quick toss of throwing knives. These Jason’s can run you out of spray and health very quickly. That’s why the thick skin+medic combo is very important for surviving the night. I find counselors without thick skin to be very very fragile. Too fragile for my liking especially since I like fighting Jason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ahab said:

My dad's a cop is a great perk, but I almost always play with friends that use this and just communicate with them to make the call.
    Low profile is sense avoidance (if I remember correctly).. One sense avoidance perk is a bit of a waste in my opinion... Three of them give you a good chance, but one isn't worth it as the chance to avoid sense is just too low on 1 perk... With A.J. the sneaky perk gives her zero sound pings even when sprinting which might help you a bit more that low profile, and it only has this effect on A.J. Zero sound pings makes it very difficult to find you if you can keep your distance from Jason... But now and again he will get a lucky morph.

    In my experience with driving the boat and not using boat perks... -Water Speed Jasons are barely a concern, but if you lose your mini map, they could still catch you. If you get them behind you, they will be left in your proverbial dust... Neutral water speed Jasons travel at almost exactly the same speed as the boat. If you get them behind you, they will not catch up to you. Part 2 may be able to morph in front of you to get a second chance though, making him one of the most dangerous Jasons in the water in my opinion... +Water Speed... There is still a chance to get away from them. A bad morph can easily save you... It takes them time to catch up to you... if you get them behind you, you have a chance if you are close to the exit at that point... they can only catch up to you so fast.
     With enough room, you can get around negative and neutral water speed Jasons… then they are behind you and no longer an issue. The +Water Speed Jasons are another matter... When I get around one in a canal, it is near a bridge... gotta time that one right. Let them commit to one side of the bridge and take the other side. Almost every time I have done this, they get stuck on the bridge support just long enough for me to get to the nearest exit... All of these types of escapes have been extremely close calls though. In the lake, I use the rock islands for a similar effect. Risky, but sometimes you will still get away.
     I do not think the motorboating perk is worth it for these reasons... but in those instances you are up against a +water speed variant... it could mean the difference between life and death. But for how many times I take a boat in a night and see a +Water Speed variant... 1 or non... is not enough for me to sacrifice another perk from my build.

     Nerves of steel is the better choice over motorboating if you really like using the boat. It is the reason I escape on the boat as much as I do... and I escape on the boat so much, the name Pequod should be painted on the bow in honor of my literary namesake. You really will regret not having nerves of steel on when you lose your mini map in a boat chase. 
     Also... another trick to boat escapes... ask others in the lobby to let you know when Jason morphs while you sit in the boat. Sometimes you may be waiting for a couple minutes... but if someone lets you know when he morphs... start the boat and go... He has no chance to catch you, unless it is part 2 with that damned +Morph ability.

     Also... boats are awesome.

I mainly play Solo and I absolutely love My Dad Is A Cop. It's my third perk choice right after the usual Thick Skin and Medic on my high repair characters such as Eric and Deborah. The couple of minutes it can shave off really makes the difference and I know it throws Jasons off who are used to having a little more time dealing with counselor shenanigans. Since I play Solo, I'm usually the one repairing and making the phone call so this perk really helps.

I just throw on Low Profile because it's my highest sense avoidance chance at 25% and I believe it blends well for A.J. at least during the early game. The passive benefit of faster crouch doesn't appeal to me though because I never crouch walk. Also I believe the perk you're talking about that makes running quieter is "Lightfoot". I run this sometimes on my Tiffany because of her stealthy runner status but I haven't tested it on A.J. yet.

I'm testing things out with motorboating and it isn't the most useful perk but it does shorten the time Jason have to react to the boat escaping. Essentially I just want to full speed floor it out of there.

Also Nerves Of Steel is a wonderful perk and I'm spoiled by it, but that's why I don't run it on A.J. She's kinda my go to pick for the more.. "out there".. perks.

Agreed, boats are awesome. I'm always joyed to see one on the map because I don't get them too often.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Siph said:

I'm testing things out with motorboating and it isn't the most useful perk but it does shorten the time Jason have to react to the boat escaping. Essentially I just want to full speed floor it out of there.

 

I’ve tested motor boating. Went in a private match with part 8 Jason. We raced and I was able to out run Jason with legendary motor boating. I’d only pick that perk if you’re doing a boat map and then go for the boat that game. And switch it out when there isn’t a boat map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I main Mitch and run Thick Skin, NoS and Sneaky.

I love my Sneaky even though others don’t find it useful, it lets me hop in a closet to reduce my fear or hop in and out of windows in a quarter of the time. While I do sometimes get caught by a knife and popped back out while climbing through a window, it happens less frequently when I run this perk. 

Thick Skin is my meta perk and I prefer it to Medic. Medic is the better perk as it increases your carrying capacity for all intents and purposes but I just want to not feel so fragile so I run TS. 

NoS does help with fear but I only run it for the perma map, Mitch is already pretty composed and I can use hiding places to reduce fear when needed. 

Low profile is a good one but I’ve never found the crouch speed to be enough to make me replace NoS. It would go good on my Shaggy build though. 

I’ve tried to pick Perks that match my play style and give me utility through the whole match, nothing situational like Mdac or Motor-boating. These are great perks but not my style, if I was more into team games I’d pick my perks based on our goals and so might end up running something completely different.

Without this being a criticism about Friday, I’d like an asymmetrical horror game that has deeper levels to it, levels that could only be reached as a team. I think that if it’s hard work to get to the third or forth map, what will happen is a good chunk of the grief will be left in the first map. You’ll find a group and try and get the hell out of those low level and bored player maps and onto the story. I think Hide or Die has the right idea with having a battle royal style map as the core or first map but they need to take it one step further and let players earn tokens that let them go on quest/adventures with a group to get resources or search for an escape. Killers can get a ranking system and being high rank lets you hunt on the higher level maps.

I really can’t wait for the perk rework.

Great topic by the way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a while. Last I remember I was running Deborah with, NoS, Thickskin, and Marathon. At times switching out NoS or Thickskin for Firecrackers.

@GeneiJin Lol. Now I want to try a LaChappa demasking build.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Victoria build is Legendary Thickskin, Legendary Speed Demon, Legendary Lightfoot. Lightfoot helps prevent early deaths from visible Morph->Shift. It also boosts stamina in the dark. Speed Demon is for challenging Jason strengths like +Waterspeed or +Shift. Makes you move faster too so it helps vs Running Jasons. Thickskin is for Survivability allowing you to outperform weapon strength Jasons or Take out a Trap and hide more easily. Basically my gameplan is to put Jason players into situations they usually would win but end up surprisingly outperforming them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I think the best perk in the game would depend heavily on what you’re going for that certain game.

    Exactly... One person's opinion on the best perk... or perk build is never universally shared... Just like most other opinions on any other subject. But we all know what would be voted to be the best perks if a poll was made. In my opinion, many players need to try some other perks. They may even surprise themselves.
    I don't need to abuse broken windows though... I open every window and lock every door in every house and set up bear traps on every door that I can. Then when I see Jason, I backtrack through these houses and do not give him the time to smash every window on any house... If they pause to do this, I will be out of sense range and not giving off sound pings before they finish... if they follow me, I will run them back and forth through these cabins over and over again until there are no windows left and the bear traps have left their mask with only a gentle nudge to knock it off.
    When these cabins are destroyed, I jog to the nearest cabin and avoid as many throwing knives as I can... if other players have opened doors and windows, the Jason player will be chasing me for a very long time... and probably lose his mask due to excessive bear trap syndrome.
     In a few recent games, some new Jason players learned the value of smashing windows as I very slowly limped around a cabin window hoping for ten minutes... Yes, you read that right, while injured... for ten minutes. I have also done this to some very good Jason players that just didn't bother smashing the windows thinking they would easily catch me... or didn't want me to suicide on a broken window. I can drag things on quite long enough without thick skin in many matches... just not every match.
     Last night, a cocky Jason left me limping and went elsewhere. I made him regret his decision the next time he found me... and I didn't find a med spray.

    Nerves of steel also shows you every time that Jason appears on the map, whether marked or not... and he appears on the big map when this happens as well. I will communicate his position every time I see him on the map (considering I am not in the middle of doing something else)... and I can't do that if I lose my mini map, I would have to stop and check the big map too often.
    Maps... at least to me, are too useful. Found a part but have no map?... this never happens to me. It does happen to many other people though, and I am always able to tell them which direction to go as I am never without a map.
    Also... when I find the fuse... I look at the map. It is rare that I guess wrong about where the fuse box is... When anyone else finds the fuse, I ask them where they found it and look at the map... and give them my best guess at where it is if no one has seen it yet... If more people would let the others know they found the fuse, the police presence in Crystal Lake would be far more noticeable.
     The fear resistance that comes with the perk is a bonus... and for the no fear build to be effective, you need two perks, so nerves of steel is the perfect choice to accompany it. Fear resistance on counselors with under 6 composure is negligible at best though... but nerves of steel is very useful on any counselor.
 

7 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

But I mean, Lord LaChappa isn't good

   Our lord and savior LaChappa is awesome... and you know it. But I do not remember seeing you use him... Perhaps one day I will get a shock at that one.
   I get too used to swift attacker... and then it screws up my timing when I change it out. I have not used that one in ages either.
 

6 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes it is indeed. Especially if the you’re going against a Jason who is really good at the quick toss of throwing knives.

   I always save some throwing knives for Jin… The best counter to swift attacker is a quick throw, followed by a slash... or a grab if you are not worried about pocket knives... Grabbing Jin when he has a pocket knife is usually something that Jason will regret for... reasons.
 

6 hours ago, Siph said:

I mainly play Solo and I absolutely love My Dad Is A Cop.

    It is a great perk... I have an epic version. But I just do not have the need to use it... due to some friends that always use it... and teamwork... Teamwork is awesome. It always brings a smile to my face to see we only have 3:40 until the cops arrive.

    If you ever feel you are soloing too much, the offer for an invite still stands... I know how toxic quick play can be. I use the same name and same profile pic on steam. If you play later at night, you can help @GeneiJin try to kill my Jason. 
   As a group, we try to only play maps that at least have the possibility of boats, unless a random gets the map selection. Small maps are evil... they never have boats. We also do not generally try to kill Jason unless Jin is in the lobby... Its his thing, not mine... But we help him because he is extraordinarily polite about it. Most Jason hunters we meet are very rude.

6 hours ago, Siph said:

Also I believe the perk you're talking about that makes running quieter is "Lightfoot".

    That's the one... sorry for the brain fart... I have not looked at the other perks or discussed them much in a while. It does work best on A.J. and leaves her with zero sound pings when she is sprinting... no other counselor can say this, except Tommy... But Tommy is... Tommy.
    The motorboating perk has its charms... and I will always try for the boat... But if I find other parts I have to install them first... No matter how hard I try for the boat, in many matches... other options present themselves first. I only got 4 boat escapes last night.
    There is supposed to be a rework of the perks coming... eventually. There were some good suggestions for the motor boating perk to be made more useful... But it is hard to say what they are going to do to change any perks until it finally gets patched into the game.
 

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Low profile is a good one but I’ve never found the crouch speed to be enough to make me replace NoS.

   No counselor gives off sound pings when walking, which makes crouching pretty useless... even with the crouch speed bonus. I heard some noobs talking in game recently and they thought crouching made them invisible to sense for some reason... There was an audible pop when I burst their bubble, but I thought they needed to know that it does not make them invisible to sense.
   Nothing can replace Nerves of Steel for me. When I do not find the car keys, my friends give them to me for a reason. Way too useful for driving the vehicles. 
   I have been looking forward to the perk rework as much as you... and for as long as you. I hope the wait does not turn into years... In a perfect world, we would have it for the next Friday the 13th... which is coming up in September. But I cannot hold my breath that long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ahab said:

Nothing can replace Nerves of Steel for me.

I’m pretty stuck on Sneaky as it’s the most useful perk for playing my Scooby games with Jason. When I’ve tried using low profile with it to move around the inside of cabin to do more complex Scooby games but it hasn’t been beneficial enough to replace seeing him on the map. I’d give up TS but I’m just too rough on my Counselor sometimes and it gives me breathing room, so I don’t want to at this point. I never know exactly how I’m going to want to play it so I’ve settled on the best set for me, as mentioned elsewhere others have their own style that benefits their perk selection. NoS is my second favourite perk though, same reasoning as you. I like to drive, I’ll even trade a PK for keys most games. 

I have been working on a follow Jason and keep him marked build. It just that flare guns are too random and only being able to carry one shot makes it kinda pointless to stalk him. The thing I want most from the rework is to enjoy exploring new combinations and getting more specialized builds that don’t depend on more than one meta perk. Things like the flare gun perk letting you pick up extra rounds from every flare gun you find would be nice. 

I’m going to mention this last thing cause it hasn’t been brought up recently. We need a perk library that will hold one of each perk. I’ve thrown out plenty of epics just to make space but later wish to experiment with, it sucks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

 

Adam (my kill jason guy if I’m trying to be tommy) Swift attacker, thick skin, marathon

 

If you're trying to kill Jason and come back as Tommy, why wouldn't you just run Buggzy?

Sucker Punch, Thrasher and whichever last perk you want.  Swift Attacker, Medic, Marathon, NoS, all would work here. 

Combine Buggzy with Thrasher and you're demasking any Jason in 2 combat stance heavy hits.  Run Sucker Punch to make sure you're putting Jason to his knees with a Tommy axe shot.  And then like I said last perk is your preference.  

@Ahab

NoS is such an underrated perk.  If my goal in a lobby is to escape, it's on every one of my characters, except Buggzy.  Because Buggzy isn't played to escape. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SirMang said:

If you're trying to kill Jason and come back as Tommy, why wouldn't you just run Buggzy?

Sucker Punch, Thrasher and whichever last perk you want.  Swift Attacker, Medic, Marathon, NoS, all would work here. 

Combine Buggzy with Thrasher and you're demasking any Jason in 2 combat stance heavy hits.  Run Sucker Punch to make sure you're putting Jason to his knees with a Tommy axe shot.  And then like I said last perk is your preference.  

@Ahab

NoS is such an underrated perk.  If my goal in a lobby is to escape, it's on every one of my characters, except Buggzy.  Because Buggzy isn't played to escape. 

 

Why buggzy? He can’t repair shit if you need to fix the power box.... and I’m not gonna rely on anyone else to fix it. With Adam and some fireworks I can repair the box in a timely manner. While my friend calls tommy and I defend the box while the call to tommy is made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Why buggzy? He can’t repair shit if you need to fix the power box.... and I’m not gonna rely on anyone else to fix it. With Adam and some fireworks I can repair the box in a timely manner. While my friend calls tommy and I defend the box while the call to tommy is made.

You should have a Vanessa in your kill squad group to be sweater girl, and Vanessa can repair just fine.

5 clicks is nothing. 

Every one in a kill squad group should have a specific role.  You're playing a jack of all trades master of none role.

Just my opinion.  If it works for you, then it works for you.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SirMang said:

You should have a Vanessa in your kill squad group to be sweater girl, and Vanessa can repair just fine.

5 clicks is nothing. 

Every one in a kill squad group should have a specific role.  You're playing a jack of all trades master of none role.

Just my opinion.  If it works for you, then it works for you.  

 If Jason traps the power box, she isn’t going to be able to fix it in time if jason is guarding the box hard. I work with one other person when I kill jason. While I find Jason to de mask him and let him kill me. I have sweater girl calling tommy, finding sprays, pk’s, and staying alive till I come back as tommy. And if the tommy box is trapped that’s where Adam is really useful. And he can de mask Jason no prob. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SirMang said:

If you're trying to kill Jason and come back as Tommy, why wouldn't you just run Buggzy?

Personally I think Buggzy is a bit overkill.  It's not difficult to get the mask off, after all, I'm currently doing it with Jenny :P.  Adam or Fox gives you a better value on a limited team, giving the node up to Fox since she is an potential sweater girl.

3 hours ago, SirMang said:

You should have a Vanessa in your kill squad group to be sweater girl, and Vanessa can repair just fine.

5 clicks is nothing. 

Every one in a kill squad group should have a specific role.  You're playing a jack of all trades master of none role.

 

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

 If Jason traps the power box, she isn’t going to be able to fix it in time if jason is guarding the box hard.

I try to be a one man kill squad, Vanessa is far and away the best for it.  Her repair however is a weakness in situations where an attentive Jason (like me) is checking the map every 10 seconds between actions (Jason can still move around while bringing up the map).  Sure you can re-roll until you get the 5 check, but that may take more time, and there is always a chance you can still fail a check.  As I mentioned on my build, Fox is a good choice for situations when the Tommy radio is cut and trapped and you're dealing with a smart Jason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Personally I think Buggzy is a bit overkill.  It's not difficult to get the mask off, after all, I'm currently doing it with Jenny :P.  Adam or Fox gives you a better value on a limited team, giving the node up to Fox since she is an potential sweater girl.

I agree. Buggzy isn’t necessary for de masking Jason. About anyone can do it. Even AJ. I don’t even see a use for damage perks either. Waste of a slot imo.... once Jason’s mask is actually hard to get off those damage perks will be more useful. 

15 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

I try to be a one man kill squad, Vanessa is far and away the best for it.  Her repair however is a weakness in situations where an attentive Jason (like me) is checking the map every 10 seconds between actions (Jason can still move around while bringing up the map).  Sure you can re-roll until you get the 5 check, but that may take more time, and there is always a chance you can still fail a check.  As I mentioned on my build, Fox is a good choice for situations when the Tommy radio is cut and trapped and you're dealing with a smart Jason.

If you’re a one man kill squad you’re probably dealing with a bunch of tommy noobs who don’t know what they’re doing lol and I actually think Tiffany and Vanessa are the best sweater girls. Due to the tommy call being prevented doesn’t happen often enough to cause issues. And they’re better at taking Jason on longer chases if they’re getting tunneled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

If you’re a one man kill squad you’re probably dealing with a bunch of tommy noobs who don’t know what they’re doing lol

Oh yea...LOL...n00b Tommys, especially during the last 2 weeks with the $4 steam sell. :rolleyes:.   The secret to Solo Quick Play Jason Killing is making it convenient for everyone else. I don't ask for any help with the sole exception which is Tommy.  Hopefully by the time Tommy is in the game, I've already demasked Jason, so I'll grab the sweater and axe undetected, meet up with Tommy (I keep track of him from the moment he spawns) and I ask him two questions, "Do you have a mic?" and "Pick up this Axe if you would like to kill Jason".  If they are game, I will explain to him/her as simple as I can.  "Killing Jason is easy, I will use the sweater, then you Hit Jason, only once, he should fall to his knees, get in front of him and press 'E' (on PC) to confirm the kill" Does it always work? Of course not, sometimes at fault to them, other times the Axe doesn't kneel stun.  Regardless of the outcome, I always thank the Tommy for trying, let him know what where he messed up or if we robbed by bad luck.  Failed kills are part of the game, it doesn't bother me and keeps it interesting.   My job is simply provide the opportunities for the lobbies I'm in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...