Sign in to follow this  
thrawn3054

So about the perks update.

Is that still happening? It's been 8 months since the idea was brought up for discussion by Wes. Since then (as far as I know) it's been radio silence on the matter.

I remember this was bought up a month or so back on beyond stream and it was kinda side stepped/shot down to the point I took it as the perk rework isn't going to happen. Ill have to see If i can find that stream.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Is that still happening? It's been 8 months since the idea was brought up for discussion by Wes. Since then (as far as I know) it's been radio silence on the matter.

Maybe we'll here more about it after the rooftop patch that hopefully fixes that problem, is released.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I remember this was bought up a month or so back on beyond stream and it was kinda side stepped/shot down to the point I took it as the perk rework isn't going to happen. Ill have to see If i can find that stream.

I hope it still plans on being a thing. I'm prepared, however, if it isn't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

17 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Maybe we'll here more about it after the rooftop patch that hopefully fixes that problem, is released.

I mean if it's not, that's fine. Just after 8 months I'd hope they could say for sure.

@mattshotcha can we get an update on this?

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

I mean if it's not, that's fine. Just after 8 months I'd hope they could say for sure.

A great many of us are on the edge of our seats waiting to hear more, and hoping it's good news.

3 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

This was asked about 2 weeks ago on Beyond the perk update is not off the table but is on hold and all progress on it has stopped till the next patch rolls out.

Bloody hell, they better not mess with doing a perk rework, even if it isn’t an ‘all out’ type thing like I’d prefer. At least tweak the bloody chances. I’ve got two legendaries and neither are things I’ll likely use unless they’re changed drastically or I get to be a Counselor offline (then one will get use). 

I’ll do the work myself, if they need an extra set of hands.

I’ll map them all out and make sure they’re all at least useful in offline play for modding the bots with, which should be a thing they take seriously as it will effect how this game and their company are remembered. I would like to expand what I’ve already written in the perk thread and have other ideas just waiting to be expanded on. For instance, let’s say they went for the thread I started about combining perks for secondary effects, we could sneak all sorts of fun combinations in but not immediately tell the players and bring some life back to the game. 

@Fair Play, funny I was writing this when I got the notification of your tag, lol. I’d like lots of surprises. 

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@Fair Play, funny I was writing this when I got the notification of your tag, lol. I’d like lots of surprises. 

Timing is everything. It happens to me all the time. 😎

I look forward to any pleasant surprise the powers that be want to grant us.

• Like 1

There are far more pressing issues right now with actual gameplay than reworking the perk system, IMO.

Knives taking out cars, Jason morphs taking out cars, trap rubberbanding onto roofs, flare guns being stuck in your hand, having to drop your weapon sometimes when you get out of a car because you can't use it right away - just some examples. 

I'd like for those to be fixed before they do a perk rework.  Not that I wouldn't welcome a perk rework mind you.  It's just not what I would call a priority right now. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:02 PM, thrawn3054 said:

On 7/18/2019 at 3:26 PM, Fair Play said:

A great many of us are on the edge of our seats waiting to hear more, and hoping it's good news.

While we haven't given up on this topic, it is on the back burner till we get some other items in order.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hell with the perk rework. When is the next patch coming out to resolve the roof glitch?! It was stated back on May 28th that they hoped to roll it out within a week. It’s been a very long week. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Hell with the perk rework. When is the next patch coming out to resolve the roof glitch?! It was stated back on May 28th that they hoped to roll it out within a week. It’s been a very long week. 

Matt already left a post about that in the pinned thread... "patch notes - upcoming". It sounds like "soon" may be "sooner" than many people have predicted... but we will have to wait and see for ourselves.

13 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

It will be put in after the NES Jason re-work.

What’re they doing to re work nes Jason? If they need to re work any Jason it’s part 4!

11 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

What’re they doing to re work nes Jason? If they need to re work any Jason it’s part 4!

The NES Jason was supposed to be separated from Part 3 and have his own stats and kills. But, the lawsuit happened and killed everything F13. 

14 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

The NES Jason was supposed to be separated from Part 3 and have his own stats and kills. But, the lawsuit happened and killed everything F13. 

Oh I see. I hope they can re work part 4 though. Cause having -traps and -shift are some of the worst weaknesses to have 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

While we haven't given up on this topic, it is on the back burner till we get some other items in order.

That's to be expected. The rooftop glitch sounds like top priority.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Oh I see. I hope they can re work part 4 though. Cause having -traps and -shift are some of the worst weaknesses to have 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe after they reworked J7, they said that was it with the Jason reworks. J4 is one of the toughest Jason's to master with his - attributes. He is horrible when it comes to objective control, until you get used to using him. I have witnessed some insanely good J4's, it just takes getting familiar with him.

30 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe after they reworked J7, they said that was it with the Jason reworks. J4 is one of the toughest Jason's to master with his - attributes. He is horrible when it comes to objective control, until you get used to using him. I have witnessed some insanely good J4's, it just takes getting familiar with him.

I used part 4 for a couple matches tonight. His combat and aggression towards counselors is fucking awesome. So fun rushing people down, applying pressure, and absolutely destroyed a group trying to gang up on me. But I could imagine if I’m going against a coordinated group fixing all objectives simultaneously it’d be a bitch to deal with. I feel that j4 wouldn’t have much chance if all his traps are getting tanked and everything’s getting repaired... They need to at least replace -traps or -shift with something else that’s not such a horrible weakness like -grip strength. 

+Can Run

+Shift

+Destruction (Or Water Speed)

-Traps

-Less Hit Points

-Morph or Grip Strength

Part 4 fixed

NES Jason was one of the biggest (and early) misfires in terms of telling us one thing, then doing another or absolutely nothing.

+Can Run

+Water Speed

+Morph

-Destruction (8 swings per barricaded door)

-Grip Strength

-Stun Resistance

Weapon - Toothbrush Machete or Axe

7 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

+Can Run

+Shift

+Destruction (Or Water Speed)

-Traps

-Less Hit Points

-Morph or Grip Strength

Part 4 fixed

NES Jason was one of the biggest (and early) misfires in terms of telling us one thing, then doing another or absolutely nothing.

+Can Run

+Water Speed

+Morph

-Grip Strength

-Stun Resistance

Personally I’d fix part 4 like this. -morph, hit points, and traps might even make him worse then he currently is. The problem with combining -traps and -morph is his objective control would probably even worse then it already is. Even with a plus shift. It’s not always going to get you to the certain objectives in time you need to be at. Along with traps getting used up and tanked. He’d get escaped from too EZ.

+can run

+destruction

+weapon strength

-Grip strength

-shift

-water speed 

2 more traps would help him a lot. Keep his - shift otherwise he’d be even more of a nightmare to low stam counselors 

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Part IV needs no rework. He is fine as he is... and my all around favorite Jason... as he is.
   When people were talking about reworking Part VII... I pointed out then... and I will point it out again... As soon as the worst Jason gets a rework, there will be a new "worst Jason" that everyone will demand a rework for.
   Non of them needed a rework to begin with... it is all about playstyle vs strengths and weaknesses. I did just fine with Part VII before he got his rework and I did not see a need for that one either... Part VII was always my go to other than Part IV. I rarely play any other variants.
   Also, as long as all of the variants have differing strengths and weaknesses... there will ALWAYS be a worst Jason in the opinions of the fans of this game. And as long as the worst Jason keeps getting reworks... people will keep demanding the "newest worst Jason variant" get a rework of his own. When does it end?... There are also MUCH larger problems to deal with in this game already... Particularly considering that this is not even a problem.

There was talk before the end of content announcement about Retro Jason getting some work done to him... I have no idea what they were going to do, perhaps make him a stand alone Jason instead of a skin for Part III and give him his own strengths and weaknesses... but I doubt that one is going to happen now as it would count as a new Jason... even though it is already in the game, it is merely a skin for an existing Jason.

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

2 more traps would help him a lot. Keep his - shift otherwise he’d be even more of a nightmare to low stam counselors 

Having only three traps is not so bad. Giving a -Traps variant 2 more traps will be the same as neutral traps... which means neutral and +Trap variants will suddenly have 2 more traps each as well to balance it out... No thank you.
   To me, this is hardly a weakness at all. On the extremely rare occasions I play neutral or +Trap variants, I am so used to having only 3 traps that I never use more than that... and I do just fine.
    I rarely trap the car... and it is my invitation to the counselors... "please, take the car... I dare you." I do not miss the car very often... I get a lot of practice with it because of this weakness. there is no need to change it... people just need to learn to work around it.
    I have also had many games in which trap tankers made my 3 traps utterly useless... and it still doesn't stop me. Against me, it just gives them a better chance to call the cops... that's it. It is still not a guarantee they will make the call.

8 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Part 4 fixed

+Can Run

+Water Speed

+Morph

-Grip Strength

-Stun Resistance

This would most definitely make Part IV the worst Jason in the history of the game. If these changes were made, I would never play him again... which would literally kill the game for me.

The first Jason to burst through a door in the movies... having a weakness of -Destruction?
    The strongest of the "living" Jasons… having a weakness of -Grip Strength?... He has, and should have... +Destruction and +Weapon Strength... the only two strengths that make him comparable to his counterpart in the movies.
    It took an old style 80's tv over the head to stun him... this does not justify a weakness of -Stun Resistance either.
    Also... there was no real indication that he was fast in the water. The weakness of -Water Speed is hardly a weakness when so few people even go for a boat. This would also leave Savini Jason as the only -Water Speed Jason... and now there would be three +Water Speed variants. 

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Part IV needs no rework. He is fine as he is... and my all around favorite Jason... as he is.
   When people were talking about reworking Part VII... I pointed out then... and I will point it out again... As soon as the worst Jason gets a rework, there will be a new "worst Jason" that everyone will demand a rework for.
   Non of them needed a rework to begin with... it is all about playstyle vs strengths and weaknesses. I did just fine with Part VII before he got his rework and I did not see a need for that one either... Part VII was always my go to other than Part IV. I rarely play any other variants.
   Also, as long as all of the variants have differing strengths and weaknesses... there will ALWAYS be a worst Jason in the opinions of the fans of this game. And as long as the worst Jason keeps getting reworks... people will keep demanding the "newest worst Jason variant" get a rework of his own. When does it end?... There are also MUCH larger problems to deal with in this game already... Particularly considering that this is not even a problem.

There was talk before the end of content announcement about Retro Jason getting some work done to him... I have no idea what they were going to do, perhaps make him a stand alone Jason instead of a skin for Part III and give him his own strengths and weaknesses... but I doubt that one is going to happen now as it would count as a new Jason... even though it is already in the game, it is merely a skin for an existing Jason.

When a Jason has two severe weaknesses, imo it needs a re work. Jason’s like Part 8 that have really no weaknesses at all. -sense, -grip strength, -can’t run are definitely not significant weaknesses to have at all. This is also why I main him and consider him to be the best Jason of them all. I’ve always done considerably better with him than any other Jason due to not really have any weaknesses working against me..... -sense? Countered by spamming sense. -grip strength? Spam kill button right when you grab. Can’t run? Oh well not a super big deal. Part 4.....-traps? Traps will get tanked and whole camp will get repaired when going against a good team. -shift? Hurts catching runners. -water speed? Boat might get away from you. Understand why I think part 4 needs a re work? That’s why everyone considers part 4 the worst Jason of them all..... his weaknesses really work against him badly unlike other Jason’s. 

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

Having only three traps is not so bad. Giving a -Traps variant 2 more traps will be the same as neutral traps... which means neutral and +Trap variants will suddenly have 2 more traps each as well to balance it out... No thank you.
   To me, this is hardly a weakness at all. On the extremely rare occasions I play neutral or +Trap variants, I am so used to having only 3 traps that I never use more than that... and I do just fine.
    I rarely trap the car... and it is my invitation to the counselors... "please, take the car... I dare you." I do not miss the car very often... I get a lot of practice with it because of this weakness. there is no need to change it... people just need to learn to work around it.
    I have also had many games in which trap tankers made my 3 traps utterly useless... and it still doesn't stop me. Against me, it just gives them a better chance to call the cops... that's it. It is still not a guarantee they will make the call.

Unless they got speed demon or lead foot. Part 4 -shift already has a hard time catching the car. Not saying it can’t be done but if counselor has speed demon or lead foot, he probably won’t catch them. I’ve been loving those car speed perks lately. Not even a +shift Jason can catch me in the car..... last night had a savini not catch me in car and the damn cheater glitches car with knive. 

And a chance to call cops is very bad imo. This is less likely to happen with 5 trap Jason’s. When cops get called you can speed kill with part 4. But there’s always a chance that one person will escape... and I know we all try to strive for no survivors

PS. I love me some part 4 lately..... aside from his weaknesses. I love how aggressive he is and his uses for combat against counselors trying to bully him. And it’s funny how when they try bullying a plus weapon strength Jason it usually doesn’t work out too well for them lol

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Part 4.....-traps? Traps will get tanked and whole camp will get repaired when going against a good team. -shift? Hurts catching runners. -water speed? Boat might get away from you. Understand why I think part 4 needs a re work? That’s why everyone considers part 4 the worst Jason of them all..... his weaknesses really work against him badly unlike other Jason’s. 

Like I said, -traps is not a problem for me. It is all in how you use them. I use them on the fuse box pretty much exclusively and it rarely gets called. Not trapping cars is how I got so good at stopping them... It took a lot of practice and not trapping the car is how I get my practice... and that is all a car escaping is... practice. I rarely miss... and rarely missing is good enough for me... but I may still get better with more practice. That does not mean I will one day 'never miss'... no one is perfect.
   Even when the tankers get rid of all my traps, they are sacrificing themselves to do it any way. I only trap one spot... I do not have to check to see which one was tripped and unless I do not have an active morph, I will have them before they are out of the trap. When the cops get called, no big deal... it just puts some pressure on. And many that are still alive when they arrive wait to fight at the exit. They fall like everyone else... I do not grab near the exit.

-Shift... taught me patience. Careful when you use it, and there will be no problem... Also, absolutely NEVER shift from behind the car with any Jason if you have an active morph... someone may be using a speed demon perk. Always come from ahead unless there is no other option.
    This also does not hurt me catching runners at all. I have patience... I have to keep them in sense range until it recharges and morph closer, in stalk... not a big deal. If I can keep them much closer because of the jogging speed of Jason, then their fear climbs and they start stumbling... If they are in knife range (quite the distance for me) and I have knives... they get knifed. I do not rely on any one ability, except under certain circumstances when they are required.... Like a vehicle starting... but I have time after the warning comes too... Strategic morphing works wonders... particularly when you know where the morph pins are. I never morph right on top of either vehicle. Always ahead.

-Water Speed... yes, it is more difficult to catch a boat... but I almost fully completed my torpedo badge with Part 4... and that is only because he does not unlock until level 44ish and I got a few boats before I unlocked him. Boats are risky against any Jason... it is far from impossible to stop a boat with Part IV... I have stopped many. As I said above though... it is extremely rare that I even see someone get a boat started... so even if I called this a weakness... I rarely have to chase a boat anyway... so... not as effective as a weakness as many people think. It is rarely even in play.

Non of this is to say that no one ever escapes me. But players escape from EVERY Jason. Any Jason can miss a car and 4 counselors are gone... Any Jason can miss a boat (when someone actually tries to escape on one), but it is a maximum loss of 2 counselors and many times there is only one person In the boat anyway... The boat is not even as big a deal as the 4 seater. The cops? If they do manage to call the cops... it becomes rare that anyone even tries to get a vehicle going again... Watch the sound pings, know your distances to size of ping and morph with stalk and sense on... easy kill... almost every time. Do not chase them unless you have to... less wasted time that way.

To me, these are not weaknesses because of how I play with Part IV... and this variant is NOT for everyone... but it is NOT in need of ANY changes. Too many players rely on traps... so they WILL consider this a huge weakness. I do not, so to me, it is not a weakness... it is just what I have to work with. Too many people rely too heavily on shift... I rely on it a lot, just like everyone else... but I have patience and am very selective as to when I use it... so not a weakness to me.
    Since the boat was given a start up warning for Jason, so many people think it is a death sentence now. It is not... it is ALWAYS worth a try against ANY Jason... But even before the start up warning, it was rare for me to see a boat get started... He is slower than the boat, so angle of attack is your only chance... morph ahead to close to the exit and play goalie. Sometimes they get by... but sometimes they get by ANY Jason... even +Water Speed variants... I have done it many times.

As far as "Can Run" and "Can't Run"... I do not look at either of them as being a strength or weakness... The early Jason variants run, the undead Jason's power walk. It is more what they are than strengths or weaknesses. But I also feel that if these were scrapped as strengths and weaknesses, and other strengths and weaknesses were put in their places... then Jason would be too over powered. Many weaknesses do not balance out his strengths in my opinion.

But this thread was about the perk upgrade... which has nothing to do with Jason... so I think we are straying off topic a bit... But it may be a long wait for the upgrade... and we need something to talk about.

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I love me some part 4 lately..... aside from his weaknesses. I love how aggressive he is and his uses for combat against counselors trying to bully him. And it’s funny how when they try bullying a plus weapon strength Jason it usually doesn’t work out too well for them lol

He does have his charms. 4 kills in 3:06 does not constitute a Jason that needs to be reworked though... Nice work... and nice quick throws. They never see those coming. It looks like you do just fine with him.
   His "weaknesses" just take some getting used to... that's all. I just cannot agree that he should be changed... I do not think any Jason's strengths or weaknesses should be changed at this point... These are a non issue, and there is much needed fixes that they should be concentrating on... and oh yeah... to be on topic again... the perk rework. I hope to see it one day, I am curious to see what they will do with it.