Sign in to follow this  
Strigoi

Problems how game matches play out With Jason.

I Own an X box one x and a Sony Playstation 4 consoles and i play Friday the 13th the game on both consoles at night.

Ive played alot of games this past month and i dont see hardly anyone that can really cordinate with Tommy to complete the jason kill.

Now that Jasons unstopable Rage buff has seem to discourage most people from beating on Jason and trying to kill him.

Brining Tommy in at the last 5 minutes of the game would Ruin the game because most of the female players would be dead and could not work with Tommy to get the sweater and Jason kill.

We need to ask the devs to BUFF UP Counselors.

This game isnt about the Jason Voorhees charachter is much is its about having fun.

This game is about having fun.

This game is not about The Jason charachter.

To make the game fun again i have some ideas.

make it harder for Jason to slash counselors and add more pocket knives.

make Jasons sense abilities not last as long as they do.

take away Jasons abillity to knock out the electric generator at The Tommy radio house.

make Jasons mask come off easier.

these are just minor suggestions to balance the game so that Jason wont be so over bearing when he goes into rage.

Another idea is to remove Jasons sense abillity one he goes into Rage mode so that counselors have a fighting chance.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

That's the problem, without coordination it is difficult but if you have a couple of good counselors that know what to do....not impossible to kill him.

I'm a counselor main and the mask is already easy enough to remove with a high strength character.  A very good Jason player will always be a challenge to kill and also an uncoordinated kill squad makes it tough.

It would be nice to see a couple things get tweaked like perhaps a buff to stealth & composure, as well as more HP for Jason's mask, while addressing block and throwing knife issue when he is off-host.

removing Jasons sense ability when he goes into rage will balance the game more for counselors.

this game should be tougher for Jason players.

right now the game is not very fun.

another idea is to make the game where Jason starts late and gives counselors a head start to call Tommy Jarvis and to fix cars.

so Jason wont be able to leave his shack for the first 5 minutes of the game giving counselors time to fix the phone box and repair the car.

Are you being serious????! or are you just a troll coming up with nonsense/bullshit suggestions? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Are you being serious????! or are you just a troll coming up with nonsense/bullshit suggestions? 

Im being serious.

Im not trying to troll and cause problems i just want everyone to think about my ideas and how jason is over powered in some ways.

The Friday forum is a tough group because if you suggest things no one likes then everyone thinks your purposley trying to start shit.

my goal with this thread is to compromise more with Jasons power.

I have no interest in killing Jason(Too easy). I prefer to choose the most difficult path to survive the night. If that is kiting a raging Jason for 15 mins, so be it. 😀.

• Like 1

its strange how people think that making Tommy jarvis come into the game later and making it harder to get jasons mask is good ideas but when i suggest the opposite you think its retarded.

why is making counselors more fun to play retarded but buffing jason again is smart.

21 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

its strange how people think that making Tommy jarvis come into the game later and making it harder to get jasons mask is good ideas but when i suggest the opposite you think its retarded.

why is making counselors more fun to play retarded but buffing jason again is smart.

I have a shit ton of fun playing counselor currently. Maybe you just need some tips on how to play? I can stream some and share if needed. Last night I was practically unkillable for a good long stretch. Then of course random luck kicked in and I was dead first the following match. 😂 That's usually how this game goes. Depending on where you and items spawn, some matches are easier then others. If you want to buff your counselor find a buddy to team up with. Counselor strength is in numbers if you are trying to battle Jason(not sure why you would want to do that. Fix shit and get out!). But to your point, that would be a hard NO! Counselors do not need a buff in any way.

• Like 1

I was gonna say, though jason needed a type of buff, this gamer isnt Jason Voorhees Simulator, you play as a counselour aswell against him.... Jason is only a part of the game as a whole, and shouldnt be the crazy main focus as much as other parts to make it enjoyable. I know how to survive against rage, but it can quickly make the game less fun for the counselours. Jason can get rage very quickly through teaming, and i feel like so much focus was put into ,"he has rage because pinata parties", when in reality the beating up was not the only reason hes getting rage. Im not asking for a complete rage rollback, but the thing is, if youre playing with those who arent helping, or have no clue what to do, youre probably not gonna survive. We need more ways to survive WITHOUT numbers.

We also need this lawsuit crap to be over already, its taking focus away from the game :(

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Own an X box one x and a Sony Playstation 4 consoles and i play Friday the 13th the game on both consoles at night.

Ive played alot of games this past month and i dont see hardly anyone that can really cordinate with Tommy to complete the jason kill.

Now that Jasons unstopable Rage buff has seem to discourage most people from beating on Jason and trying to kill him.

Brining Tommy in at the last 5 minutes of the game would Ruin the game because most of the female players would be dead and could not work with Tommy to get the sweater and Jason kill.

This game isnt about the Jason Voorhees charachter is much is its about having fun.

This game is not about The Jason charachter.

To make the game fun again i have some ideas.

take away Jasons abillity to knock out the electric generator at The Tommy radio house.

make Jasons mask come off easier.

these are just minor suggestions to balance the game so that Jason wont be so over bearing when he goes into rage.

Another idea is to remove Jasons sense abillity one he goes into Rage mode so that counselors have a fighting chance.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQTE8Y3L_dagM9rz3_Udlo

• Like 1

No. More pocket knives and spray was a disaster. I do despise the rage update, and wish it was reverted though.

7 hours ago, Strigoi said:

For one, the rage buff gave Jason ABSOLUTELY ZERO buffs towards actually catching ANY counselor... And two... it made killing Jason even easier than it was before, it in no way made him unstoppable. I still see kill squads... sometimes they succeed, sometimes they don't. But it is still a far cry from the 1 in 75 matches it is supposed to happen in... Remember? it was supposed to be difficult and rare... It is not either of these two things.

Brining Tommy in at the last 5 minutes of the game would Ruin the game

Tommy is not the problem, the ease of getting Jason's mask off IS the problem.

Counselors can get both cars fixed and leave... with SIX counselors BEFORE Jason gets his first shift, leaving him ABSOLUTELY ZERO chance to stop either car. Just with that one point, how exactly do counselors need a buff?... Because you play with people that do not understand teamwork, you seem to want your hand help a lot. Counselors need no buffs... and Jason only needs one more to make it an ACTUAL CHALLENGE to kill him.

How exactly is this game not about Jason?... please explain yourself... Without Jason, there is no game. 
    If dying now and again is not fun for you, then this game... IS NOT FOR YOU. We ALL die a lot in this game... The players that claim they do not die, are full of shit.

8 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I agree... it is about having fun, FOR BOTH SIDES of play... once again, if dying now and again annoys you, this game is not for you.

How about we make it even more realistic?... like a counselor NOT taking 7 hits with an axe or machete before they die. Do not tell the slasher not to slash, it will NEVER work out well for you.
    And more pocket knives?... Seriously?... WE have been there, it did not work out well.

Cool, let's make stalk UTTERLY useless by nerfing sense... That was sarcasm if you happened to need it pointed out to you.

No... Why the hell would you even suggest this?... Oh wait... I think I have a pretty good idea. Next you will be suggesting that Jason should not be able to knock down doors.

No... and while you are at it... why not suggest the complete removal of morph and shift?

Counselors escape all the time... they already have MANY chances in EVERY game. One car escaping can take half the lobby with it and often does, even against THE BEST Jason players I have EVER seen. I am NOT a member of the "git gud" community... but you are forcing me to say it... GET GOOD.

hese are just minor suggestions to balance the game so that Jason wont be so over bearing when he goes into rage.

This is light years above "minor suggestions" to balance. Jason is not "overbearing" when he goes into rage... he is not indestructible... he is, in fact... easier to kill... and as I said above, the rage buff gave him absolutely zero buffs that actually help him catch a counselor.

5 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Last night I was practically unkillable for a good long stretch. Then of course random luck kicked in and I was dead first the following match. 😂 That's usually how this game goes.

Some of the best chases I have seen in a while... That one match in particular was awesome!... Syri was streaming, but had to kill the stream in that match because the killer was watching her stream... Which is too bad, it would have been a great one to post here... I wish I recorded that.

3 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

i feel like so much focus was put into ,"he has rage because pinata parties", when in reality the beating up was not the only reason hes getting rage.

A great many people I have played with left the game and NEVER came back after experiencing a piñata party from Jason's perspective... I also do not see "teamers" beating on Jason to get him into rage mode... and if I did, I would kill the Jason player as his mask would already be off, or only take one more shot from A.J. to get it off... This type of teaming will only get the Jason player killed... which is just a stupid move.
   What I do see is a bunch of players that want to have a piñata party... and put Jason into rage mode VERY early in a match. This does not make them teamers in ANY way.
   Also... most of the time I see someone being called a "teamer"... is just some idiot trying to blame others for their own mistakes. I do not see a lot of teaming in this game... but I will agree it is there... but it is no way as common as most people claim.

Also... most of the people bitching about the rage buff were the idiots having piñata parties... Go back and look at the complaints right after the patch... a great many of the people complaining admitted to it... This type of troll is a HUGE reason the player base has always been small... When no one wants to play Jason, you have no game anymore.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Coordinating with / as Tommy is heavily focused on communication. You sound like you are running into a lot of newer players or players that just don't communicate with mics. There are a lot of people who can / choose to communicate, but there are those who choose not to as well. Are you trying to lead the kill, or are you trying to aid someone else who is leading the kill?

@Strigoi...............No....to all your “minor suggestions.”

It really seems like you are looking for a game...with invincible counselors and an absolutely useless Killer based on your suggestions....a game were the threat of dying is nonexistent.

For any other reasons you think this is a good idea still.... read  @Ahab post to  you again.....it says everything I wanted to say about it...and more.

11 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Im being serious.

Im not trying to troll and cause problems i just want everyone to think about my ideas and how jason is over powered in some ways.

The Friday forum is a tough group because if you suggest things no one likes then everyone thinks your purposley trying to start shit.

my goal with this thread is to compromise more with Jasons power.

Watch these two videos then come back and tell me counselors need buffed and Jason needs nerfed. I don’t know if you just seriously lack skill as counselor in this game and die all the time or what the case is.... 

Idk who you play with in lobbies to say you never see Jason get killed, people fighting Jason, etc.... counselors are able to have fun fighting Jason, put him into rage, and STILL survive the night against a raged Jason for several minutes. It’s very hard doing this but it can be done. Also killing Jason is already broken. He already doesn’t have much chance at keeping his mask. To say his mask needs to fall of easier is silly. Have you ever tried killing Jason to see how easy it actually is? Also I’ve escaped the first 3 mins of the game before plenty of times..... in no way do counselors need a buff like you suggest.

like I said before I’d be fine with fireworks, flares, tommy/final girl stun till 5 mins left in games. But Jason also could use a few buffs himself not nerfs like you suggest. More mask HP, slightly longer invincibility frames after stuns and animations, low hp re mask, Jason only to be killable final 5-10 mins of game, stalk come in earlier, and quick block. 

These buffs for both counselors and Jason would make the game more interesting I think. It’s practical and balances both sides of gameplay for Jason and Counselor players. Clearly you don’t think of Jason players. You’ve probably never played as jason with your knowledge. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

read  @Ahab post to you again.....it says everything I wanted to say about it...and more.

I second that. @Ahab couldn't have summed it up any better.

• Like 1

Yes, while we are at it, can Jason just be a walking dummy that can only knock on Cabin doors.

• Haha 1

the Jason mask removal shouldnt be difficult to do.

the game is supposed to be fun not scary.

Jason in rage mode should at least have his sense removed when he goes into rage to stop the unfair advantage Jason has of breaking down doors and there being no where to hide.

3 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Jason in rage mode should at least have his sense removed when he goes into rage to stop the unfair advantage Jason has of breaking down doors and there being no where to hide.

The mask removal isn’t difficult! If you think it is hard. Get good!!! 

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

I’m not sure this is the case... it’s an asymmetrical horror game, it sounds to me like it should be scary and that, that’s want makes it fun.

• Like 1

@OCT 31 1978 Thanks, I was trying to be brief... and I am out of likes for the day.
@Dragonfire82877 I am out of likes... or I would have just left a thanks on your post... so thanks.

4 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I do not try often to remove Jason's mask... but when I do, I do it with.... A.J. and I almost never have a problem with it. I also see MANY masks fall off (almost) effortlessly in many matches I am in whether I bother to help with it or not. This does not indicate that it is a difficult thing to do.

Are you sure we are speaking of the same game? It does not sound like it. This is a game based on a series of "HORROR" movies and is advertised as "An Asymmetrical HORROR Survival Game"
    Exactly what kind of game did you think you bought here?

Have you ever played Jason?... Try doing it without using sense, I have... just for shits and giggles. Then you may come back and let us know how ridiculous this sounds.

5 hours ago, Siph said:

Yes, while we are at it, can Jason just be a walking dummy that can only knock on Cabin doors.

There was a time that it actually felt like this playing Jason... Some of us refer to it as "The great Jason Nerf of 2017"... On PC, it seemed like I was the only person that even wanted to play Jason at that time... and I did... a lot... I learned a great deal from it. I do not miss the piñata parties, but most people that try it on me now are shocked by how quickly they all die.
   Also... Jason can knock on cabin doors if they are barred by pressing the 'e' button... well, its more of a shacking of the door really... but I use it to knock sometimes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ahab said:

There was a time that it actually felt like this playing Jason... Some of us refer to it as "The great Jason Nerf of 2017"... On PC, it seemed like I was the only person that even wanted to play Jason at that time... and I did... a lot... I learned a great deal from it. I do not miss the piñata parties, but most people that try it on me now are shocked by how quickly they all die.
   Also... Jason can knock on cabin doors if they are barred by pressing the 'e' button... well, its more of a shacking of the door really... but I use it to knock sometimes.

Yeah I played back then and I agree because the pinata parties were the reasons I was so afraid to play Jason. All it took was a couple of battle chads and my game was ruined so although I don't believe the rage update was the right choice, it still was a needed action. Also I always by accident knock on the door as Jason and it's always a friendly reminder that mechanic exists.

11 hours ago, Strigoi said:

@Strigoi, here's two matches from the other night, they were QP matches that really didn't have any communication going on between myself and the others involved. This is to show you how easy it was to remove the mask and get the Jason kill. This was with total strangers, without any communication other than saying gg at the end.

@Strigoi killing Jason and mask removal is easy enough as is, and losing Sense is a terrible idea... So is thinking Jason’s ability of breakthrough doors as an unfair advantage........he literally does this I most of the films....he is supposed to constantly be applying pressure on counselor gameplay...

....instead of looking at ways to make the game easier maybe you should be trying to build up your own skills at playing this game at the level it was intended.

as far as  “The Game is supposed to be fun not scary..” the developers were trying to do both make it scary and fun as hell.....

My daughter has been playing a game that might be more up your alley.....I don’t believe you can die in it and it’s an open world with limited threats.....enjoy.

• Haha 1