Sign in to follow this  
shodan

To noob stompt or not to noob stop..

With the influx of players, are the veteran Jason's showing restraint? For me I focus on cutting the power and then trapping the phone. Usually I'm not killing until I have stalk unless there cockey counselors.

1 hour ago, shodan said:

With the influx of players, are the veteran Jason's showing restraint? For me I focus on cutting the power and then trapping the phone. Usually I'm not killing until I have stalk unless there cockey counselors.

I start my hunt when I get shift. And I usually have all objectives trapped by the time shift comes so why wait till stalk. Too long

2 hours ago, shodan said:

I have no mercy.  With that said, I don't aim to "Spawn Kill" because I think it's unfair or I'm somehow "above" it.  It's just not time efficient. During my first phase, I have more important things to do than wasting time chasing after cousnelors with no abilities.  It goes without saying if a kill presents itself to me or someone is foolish enough to try to fight me that I will scrub them out early if it doesn't sidetrack me from my usual routine.

13 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I start my hunt when I get shift.

This is how I like to play to, that said if you ignore my warnings to just run away you’re probably going to get killed early. I generally tell the person at the fuss house I’m coming in and they have time to get out, if they’re quick about it. 

I’ve taken to limping people I find afk. It’s a tad funny when you see them later in a match, still limping.

Yesterday I got rage by standing still and blocking while 5 of the new people broke their weapons on me, it was lots of fun.

If I suspect a player is new, I'll save them for last on the first match or two. Once I think they've gotten the hang of the basics, then all bets are off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

This is how I like to play to, that said if you ignore my warnings to just run away you’re probably going to get killed early. I generally tell the person at the fuss house I’m coming in and they have time to get out, if they’re quick about it. 

I’ve taken to limping people I find afk. It’s a tad funny when you see them later in a match, still limping.

Yesterday I got rage by standing still and blocking while 5 of the new people broke their weapons on me, it was lots of fun.

Same here. I’ll typically give people a chance to get away if I morph on their spawn location. I’d rather focus on my usual routine anyway instead of chasing people right off the bat.

funny how noobs don’t realize Jason can block lol

• Like 1

I check level of all the players in the lobby, if the majority is above level 20, I play like I normally would. If the majority is below level 10, I give everyone a headstart and just go around killing electricity, trapping objectives and then morphing away. Makes for a much more fun matches.

By the time I’m done trapping all objectives, taking out atleast 1 power box, I have shift and start to hunt.

I normally take like 30 seconds to break through  the doors and windows of the fuse house before moving on to the cars.

spawn killing to me is unfair, if you’ve just spawned at the fuse house I don’t kill you, atleast get 1 cabin!

if you touch the cars though by the time I get to them, I probably will atleast I jure you, so you don’t get anything in the car before I can trap it

i don't get why people are so against spawn killing or think it's terrible or unfair.

Jason has zero ability to kill you at the beginning of a match, short of you not paying attention at all or trying to rush him with your weapon and hit him.  

I honestly welcome any Jason to try and kill me off his first morph.  I'll waste several minutes of his time, if he trapped the fuse box, I'll tank at least one trap off of it and that leaves the 6 other people to get the cars/boat put together in peace.  

If you don't want to juke Jason around and just want to get away, simply run from him a few cabins away.  He doesn't have sense yet, he won't know where you went and he'll inevitably morph away to take care of the other objectives. 

18 minutes ago, SirMang said:

If you don't want to juke Jason around and just want to get away, simply run from him a few cabins away.  He doesn't have sense yet, he won't know where you went and he'll inevitably morph away to take care of the other objectives. 

Unless you are playing on EU servers where you get cheating Jasons with instantly recharging abilities. Sigh.

3 hours ago, Survival said:

Unless you are playing on EU servers where you get cheating Jasons with instantly recharging abilities. Sigh.

Another reason not to play on PC

I'm a no mercy Jason and spare no one, so noobs will die like the rest of them.

I trap objectives first and knockout power along the way. If a counselor is nearby when I'm trapping I will show them a little attention, just enough to get them away from what I trapped, so they don't tank my trap as soon as I morph away(surprised more Jason's are not aware of this). But once everything is trapped I start my hunt. I also will knock down doors along the way, especially ones that are not locked. This gives Jason a huge advantage later in the match. Same with knives. Collect everyone that you pass. It only takes a couple of seconds to grab one and only 2 knives to get a counselor limping. 😈

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Another reason not to play on PC

US Servers are fine. PC play is great on those ones.

If I see a bunch of newbies, and they have mics, I spend the round giving them pointers. I don't need anything for achievements, and could careless about points. I'd rather they have fun and learn some basics then run through them in 5 minutes. 

I would point out Jason can kill you early without you playing badly. Mainly at the big houses where you can't tell where he's coming from. 

i feel like its a good thing to chop up a nooob at the begining, like if they start at the phone house for example.. that way theyll learn not to fuck around 😉

If I join a lobby and most of them are obviously new (as in, still under level 10) no, most of the time I won't actively hunt them. I'll message a few and tell them since they're all (or mostly all) severely low-leveled, I'm going to let them escape because they'll get much more EXP than if I just simply wipe the lobby out. Most of the time, they're really appreciative of it, but they have been a couple of occasions where I ended up killing one or two of the anyway because  they didn't understand that "Letting you farm EXP by escaping" does not mean "Repeatedly attack Jason or try to steal the sweater", and when you get a PM from Jason telling you explicitly "Do it again and you won't be surviving the round" it's a good idea to just STOP.

I know a lot of Jason's don't change their playstyle, and that's their choice, but I think the n00bs would be more inclined to stick around and improve if they didn't get killed less than a minute in by a Jason with literally hundreds of times more experience than them.

20 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If I join a lobby and most of them are obviously new (as in, still under level 10) no, most of the time I won't actively hunt them. I'll message a few and tell them since they're all (or mostly all) severely low-leveled, I'm going to let them escape because they'll get much more EXP than if I just simply wipe the lobby out. Most of the time, they're really appreciative of it, but they have been a couple of occasions where I ended up killing one or two of the anyway because  they didn't understand that "Letting you farm EXP by escaping" does not mean "Repeatedly attack Jason or try to steal the sweater", and when you get a PM from Jason telling you explicitly "Do it again and you won't be surviving the round" it's a good idea to just STOP.

I know a lot of Jason's don't change their playstyle, and that's their choice, but I think the n00bs would be more inclined to stick around and improve if they didn't get killed less than a minute in by a Jason with literally hundreds of times more experience than them.

I agree. Give them a match or two to learn the ropes. After that, anything goes.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I agree. Give them a match or two to learn the ropes. After that, anything goes.

I have to go with @GeneiJin and @badassgixxer05 on this one. No mercy... Friends get just as little mercy as any random I run into.

However, when I play Jason, I will point out their mistakes as they make them... Found some new friends amongst the noobs as well. There are some players out there that want to learn how to play better. Many new players I run into as Jason think I am a noob because I only trap the fuse box... until they find out that I wanted them to take the car for a reason. My Part IV Jason with the heavy bloody skin should be a dead giveaway that I have been around the block once or twice... but they are new after all.
    But... if they are playing Jason, I cannot point out their mistakes until after the match... or people call me a teamer.

I will help anyone learn that wants to learn, as long as they are not an asshole to anyone in the match. Whether the people they are rude to are my friends or another random that I have never seen before, it matters not. I do not care who someone is rude to... an asshole is an asshole... and I hate people like that. 

Also... some of the low level players are not noobs. They are simply posing as noobs. I know a few players that do that with alt accounts... but they only stay low level for so long.

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

I have to go with @GeneiJin and @badassgixxer05 on this one. No mercy... Friends get just as little mercy as any random I run into.

However, when I play Jason, I will point out their mistakes as they make them... Found some new friends amongst the noobs as well. There are some players out there that want to learn how to play better. Many new players I run into as Jason think I am a noob because I only trap the fuse box... until they find out that I wanted them to take the car for a reason. My Part IV Jason with the heavy bloody skin should be a dead giveaway that I have been around the block once or twice... but they are new after all.
    But... if they are playing Jason, I cannot point out their mistakes until after the match... or people call me a teamer.

I will help anyone learn that wants to learn, as long as they are not an asshole to anyone in the match. Whether the people they are rude to are my friends or another random that I have never seen before, it matters not. I do not care who someone is rude to... an asshole is an asshole... and I hate people like that. 

Also... some of the low level players are not noobs. They are simply posing as noobs. I know a few players that do that with alt accounts... but they only stay low level for so long.

The one goal many have in common is to be welcoming to decent new players. Everyone's approach may be different, but the goal is the same.

• Like 2

I give out tips and hints to newer players when playing as Jason, but if they do something egregiously wrong, they're gonna die and get the tip while being killed.

Couple examples - 

Watching a Buggzy try to repair the phone box and still trying to repair it while I casually stroll toward them.  I'll tell them if you want to repair, pick a repair character...Deborah, AJ, Chops.  If you're gonna insist on being Buggzy, run the fuse to the box, drop it and leave because you're not smart enough to fix it.  They're in a long grab animation kill while this is going on.

Watching anyone try to bumrush me at the beginning of the match with any weapon.  I'll grab them as they are midswing and then tell them, I have no ability to kill you early match short of what you just did right now.  Next time, if you hear Jason morph to you at the beginning of the match, pretty much ignore him.  We're at where we are to trap an objective, not trying to kill you. You bumrushing me, just gives me a free and easy kill.  Thank you. 

I hope this helps new players into not making these mistakes again. 

I say noob stomp and show them how to play. They’ll learn things from your techniques you use on them. And then after game ask them if they want any help. I’ve gone in private games with noobs post game after annihilating them in game and helped them with what they did wrong. 

On 7/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, He's Killing Me said:

Kill em all indiscriminately like the feral superkiller you are playing.  It's the only way they'll learn.  

This. Its the only way theyll learn.

12 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

This. Its the only way theyll learn.

Or they rage quit, but that just means they weren't meant to be f13 campers. 😁

The new players are mostly weeded out now.

Back to 150 level teamers, alt F4ers and trolls.

Usual nonsense.