Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Stalk- Pointers To Help Make Your Jason More Scary

let’s face it when we play this game how often do we come across a Jason player that can actually give us a jump scare? It’s rare!!! Most Jason players are missing out on a very powerful ability, stalk. And they need to learn how to use it. Here’s some tips/tricks

1. try to morph nearby where counselors are. Go in a un looted cabin. Or a cabin you think someone might head towards next. Use sense and see if you think counselors are going to make their way towards you. If so, go into stalk. It’s very likely someone will come over and hop on in to loot, being very unaware you’re in there waiting for them. When they’re opening drawers, locking the door, coming around a corner, etc is when you come creep up on them to grab kill them. This way of killing takes patience and time but it feels like the way you’re killing is like the movie 😁

2. It’s best to bust open as many doors as possible, that way smart counselors can’t hide behind closed doors when they suspect you may have gone into stalk. You can give counselors tricky mind games with what your next move is going to be doing this. That’s when you activate stalk, wait a moment, use sense to see what they do, if they stay inside you shift inside on them. 

3. When a counselor runs to a cabin. Instead of shifting after them and busting through the front door like most Jason players (more then likely they’ll beat you to the window or door anyways) activate stalk, morph to the Backdoor if there is a backdoor. As I previously mentioned you need to bust down as many doors as possible, so lucky you if it’s already open. go inside and see where they’re going. I’ve noticed most counselors make their way to the back door almost every time and I've had a lot of success hiding behind the back wall and grabbing them as they come around the corner. 

4. Anytime a counselor hops in a 1-2 window cabin. Activate stalk and wait by the window. After some time goes by, most counselors will jump out thinking you morphed away from them when really you’re waiting by their window for them to jump out of. 

Here’s a video of some stalk kills I’ve done! 

hope this helps some Jason players scare the shit out of some counselors! I know there’s some expert Jason players on here, so if there’s any other tips/tricks you wanna chime in with to add to the list go ahead :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Ive never really had luck with using stalk all stealthy, i wish i could :(     It seems even in stalk they always know im there, do you have any tips?

Here’s is a thread @DontZzz34 put together with Stalk tips hope it helps.

• Like 1

Nice video bro. I swear I really wish the match could be longer just so I could have the time to stalk kill the whole lobby. Seriously the most satisfying part of the game for me. Nothing better. Especially when they have a mic and you can hear them get scared. It’s also great when ur mask is off and the stalk shift grab kill on sweater girl ends ur chance of being killed. However it can be pretty heartbreaking after you stalk councilor and get pk’ed. 

10 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

Nice video bro. I swear I really wish the match could be longer just so I could have the time to stalk kill the whole lobby. Seriously the most satisfying part of the game for me. Nothing better. Especially when they have a mic and you can hear them get scared. It’s also great when ur mask is off and the stalk shift grab kill on sweater girl ends ur chance of being killed. However it can be pretty heartbreaking after you stalk councilor and get pk’ed. 

Thank you! Yes, I agree 100% stalk kills are my favorite way of killing counselors. It’s fun to take a bit more time on your kills and get creative with it. I’ve also heard people get scared on the mic and it’s the best thing ever to create a jump scare! 

Matches lasting longer would make it too hard to survive the night, I think stalk should just come in sooner instead of later. I’d also like to be able to stalk kill the entire lobby myself as well. 😁

You can use this even when chasing a counselor. Morph just a little bit away, activate stalk. Sense, then shift at them from a distance. During this time they usually think you are gone and morphed away to somewhere else and end up running in a straight line for an easy grab kill. Very useful against those tough to catch vanessa joggers. 😀

@DontZzz34

Fun video, some good tips and pointers however...

At 1:20 at Higgins, the people inside knew or at least should have known you were outside as the one AJ actually screams out giving away your position.  You made the mistake of going too close to windows and getting in their LOS.  Although in this instance, it doesn't make any difference as they just stood obliviously anyway. 

At 2:19, you could have just shift grabbed Victoria and the forced Tommy to play the stalk game alone. 

A couple others you also relied on the stupidity of counselors to kill them.  The kill on Buggzy at 7:15 is a prime example of it.  He shouted out as you shifted past him, again alerted to the fact you were there, and then he just walked right to you.  The AJ in that situation was just as dumb, shooting you while in the middle of the kill animation LMAO

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

You can use this even when chasing a counselor. Morph just a little bit away, activate stalk. Sense, then shift at them from a distance. During this time they usually think you are gone and morphed away to somewhere else and end up running in a straight line for an easy grab kill. Very useful against those tough to catch vanessa joggers. 😀

I’ll try this out. Thanks dude. 

1 hour ago, SirMang said:

@DontZzz34

Fun video, some good tips and pointers however...

At 1:20 at Higgins, the people inside knew or at least should have known you were outside as the one AJ actually screams out giving away your position.  You made the mistake of going too close to windows and getting in their LOS.  Although in this instance, it doesn't make any difference as they just stood obliviously anyway. 

At 2:19, you could have just shift grabbed Victoria and the forced Tommy to play the stalk game alone. 

A couple others you also relied on the stupidity of counselors to kill them.  The kill on Buggzy at 7:15 is a prime example of it.  He shouted out as you shifted past him, again alerted to the fact you were there, and then he just walked right to you.  The AJ in that situation was just as dumb, shooting you while in the middle of the kill animation LMAO

At 1:20 oops. I f’d up on that but they thought they could continue there dance party anyway only for it to get interrupted lol 

2:19 leave it to the dumb blonde who stepped in her own trap for an easy kill later on anyways 😁 

sometimes u gotta take advantage of counselors if they’re that dumb. And that’s a good waste of shotguns 😂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SirMang said:

A couple others you also relied on the stupidity of counselors to kill them.

I think most of my success in life has been relying on the stupidity of human beings. 😄

• Haha 3

I wish the pubs would listen to us about switching Stalk and Sense. They have this idea that Stalk is all powerful but really it takes skill and patience. It slows the Jason player down and gives the other players pause about running around speed looting. 

Thanks for the list, it’s good advice. My favourite is shifting into the back of a small cabin with the door open and stalking, most players charge right in and lock the door. You wait just a bit till they relax them give them a good scare. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I wish the pubs would listen to us about switching Stalk and Sense. They have this idea that Stalk is all powerful but really it takes skill and patience. It slows the Jason player down and gives the other players pause about running around speed looting. 

Thanks for the list, it’s good advice. My favourite is shifting into the back of a small cabin with the door open and stalking, most players charge right in and lock the door. You wait just a bit till they relax them give them a good scare. 

Yes I really wish stalk came in more early game rather than having to wait so long for it to come in! All I wanna do is scare some counselors 😁

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes I really wish stalk came in more early game rather than having to wait so long for it to come in! All I wanna do is scare some counselors 😁

Stalk is fairly useless without sense... Many of the stalk kills in you video relied on sense... Granted, some did not... I did say it is fairly useless without sense, not completely. Some nice ones in there by the way... all they were missing is the players with open mics. 
    One piece of advice... open the doors before going into stalk. The players in your video didn't hear it... but they may not have been paying attention after the initial static effect. If I hear a door open, I look at my mini map... no counselor nearby confirms Jason is in stalk and mere yards away. It worked out well for you with a couple in the video... but if someone is paying attention, they know you are there.
    That last Kenny kill... it really looked like you wanted to open that door, but patience won out... and you got him. That throwing knife in the wall to your right would have thrown me off if I were in the same position and I would have had to grab it... He still wouldn't know if I was inside or out... but it would still give away my presence. I can never pass up a throwing knife though.

I like to use stalk when chasing someone in a house... and they jump out the window. Then I use sense to see if they run, or are coming back in because they cannot be sure if I morphed or went into stalk... I step aside from the window so they cannot see me or walk to the other window they are heading towards as out of view from it as possible... works every time. When they come through the window they won't see you until mid animation and by then its too late for them. If they run... leaving sense on I morph in front of them and shift straight at them. It is still possible to miss the shift grab, but many times just appearing out of no where and missing a grab gets the scream.... and for those of you I play the game with... remember... When you least expect it... I will morph outside. I have to change things up sometimes.
    Watching a sound ping coming towards a cabin from the other side at just the right distance... If you can catch them just coming into sense range and still heading towards you, hit stalk and stand still on your side of the cabin and let sense regen... they should still see the static, but that is not a problem... Maybe open the door before they get there or hopefully it is knocked down already... Many times I find they run around to the other side of the cabin after sense regenerates and I walk to the corned they are approaching... With this one... and a running Vanessa... you could get away without needing sense, there is a straight line of sound pings to follow... But for the joggers out there, particularly the A.J. players... you need sense to pull it off consistently.

10 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Morph just a little bit away, activate stalk. Sense, then shift at them from a distance.

I always hit stalk and sense before the morph.

4 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

I think most of my success in life has been relying on the stupidity of human beings. 😄

You must be VERY successful.

Kill someone with keys in a cabin and you are golden...just sit there and stalk, they will come one by one 😉

2 hours ago, Ahab said:

Stalk is fairly useless without sense... Many of the stalk kills in you video relied on sense... Granted, some did not... I did say it is fairly useless without sense, not completely. Some nice ones in there by the way... all they were missing is the players with open mics. 
    One piece of advice... open the doors before going into stalk. The players in your video didn't hear it... but they may not have been paying attention after the initial static effect. If I hear a door open, I look at my mini map... no counselor nearby confirms Jason is in stalk and mere yards away. It worked out well for you with a couple in the video... but if someone is paying attention, they know you are there.
    That last Kenny kill... it really looked like you wanted to open that door, but patience won out... and you got him. That throwing knife in the wall to your right would have thrown me off if I were in the same position and I would have had to grab it... He still wouldn't know if I was inside or out... but it would still give away my presence. I can never pass up a throwing knife though.

I like to use stalk when chasing someone in a house... and they jump out the window. Then I use sense to see if they run, or are coming back in because they cannot be sure if I morphed or went into stalk... I step aside from the window so they cannot see me or walk to the other window they are heading towards as out of view from it as possible... works every time. When they come through the window they won't see you until mid animation and by then its too late for them. If they run... leaving sense on I morph in front of them and shift straight at them. It is still possible to miss the shift grab, but many times just appearing out of no where and missing a grab gets the scream.... and for those of you I play the game with... remember... When you least expect it... I will morph outside. I have to change things up sometimes.
    Watching a sound ping coming towards a cabin from the other side at just the right distance... If you can catch them just coming into sense range and still heading towards you, hit stalk and stand still on your side of the cabin and let sense regen... they should still see the static, but that is not a problem... Maybe open the door before they get there or hopefully it is knocked down already... Many times I find they run around to the other side of the cabin after sense regenerates and I walk to the corned they are approaching... With this one... and a running Vanessa... you could get away without needing sense, there is a straight line of sound pings to follow... But for the joggers out there, particularly the A.J. players... you need sense to pull it off consistently.

Yeah for the most part using stalk is kinda difficult without sense. Unless you see sound pings from a loud Vanessa then perhaps it could work just fine without sense. I agree however using stalk is preferred by using sense with it. And I just figured out how to get voices on clips.... so hopefully I can get some good screams and scares of their reactions on the mic for future videos. 

Thanks for your input and advice. I’ll keep your suggestions in mind when I play again. Been a minute since I’ve been on... just now getting home from vacation. Btw good to see you back on the forums. 

@PARTVI Great idea I’ll keep that one in mind

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Ahab said:

I always hit stalk and sense before the morph.

I have found if you set stalk in the line of site of a counselor you will remain on the minimap. so morphing a few houses out of site, then setting stalk stops them from seeing you shift at them. But maybe if you morph far enough away you will go off the map again if you set stalk in line of site? I'll have to test that one. if im morphing across map i will always stalk sense morph as you said. Immediate shift too as soon as morph lands can catch them right before they break out of trap if you are quick enough.

I liked that one grab you got on me the other night outside of pack lodge. You followed me all the way down the main road just to the beginning of house when I was Tommy, but I noticed the door was closed so couldn't run inside. Right then you morphed to the back end of the car and immediately shifted. I was just a sitting duck running in circles trying to dodge at that point. lol rip.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Kill someone with keys in a cabin and you are golden...just sit there and stalk, they will come one by one 😉

This one always brings with it accusations of teaming for me... at least from players that do not know me. But it almost always works, even without stalk... Its not like they know you are in the cabin, they just know you are somewhere nearby.
   I have also fallen for this as a counselor many times... Those keys are a must have if one of the cars is already repaired... so I have to try.

14 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I agree however using stalk is preferred by using sense with it.

Stalk is often a game of patience, and sense greatly increases your chances of not wasting time using stalk... If they decide to turn around and head the other way, then that is something a stalking Jason needs to know... and close in sound pings can be a bit hard to read if they do a 180 degree turn... Trying to read a jogging A.J. that gives of no pings without using sense requires psychic powers... and I cannot read minds.
   I walked up behind a Vanessa player in stalk once and killed her... out in the open. I got a good scream on that one. She was the last player alive, and the others randoms began to call her trash as soon as the game ended. I had to explain what I did and why they were being a bunch of assholes... kids today.

7 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I have found if you set stalk in the line of site of a counselor you will remain on the minimap.

This can and does happen... and it is hard to predict if you will remain on their mini map after morphing away. If you are marked with a flare, then you stay marked no matter what you do. Remember, you are still marked even if the flare does not hit you... firing it in the air will mark Jason if he is nearby. When you see Jason morph on your large map and he is still on the map when no one is nearby him, then he is marked. I watch the map a lot when playing a counselor.
    There are also times that I could see Jason on my mini map without them being in my line of sight... like outside the cabin I am in for instance... and the icon stays on the mini map after they use stalk. No one else was nearby to have him in their line of sight either... so I do not know what is with that. No flare gun marking in these instances either, at least not that I am aware of. Jason appears on everyone's mini map when he is in someone's line of sight though, marked or not... I use this a lot in game and it is another wonderful reason to start with a map... When you see Jason at the edge of your mini map, his position on your big map is marked... and this is very useful information to any player.
    I also have had other players inform me that they could still see me on the mini map after I use stalk in similar circumstances. But morphing away seems to take you off the mini map as long as you are not marked and not in any body's line of sight, which is why I use sense to help me decide where to morph to. 

I have had good luck using stalk first as I said before... I do not think it is like the car driver's mini map when Jason will remain on it no matter what he does after you see him the first time. I think for the most part, as long as you are not in their line of sight (or anybody else's line of sight) when you come out of the morph... you are taken off the map or my success rate with this tactic would be way lower than it is... I cannot confirm this though... not everyone will tell me if they saw me on the mini map on those occasions that I remember to ask them.

Even with the Jason icon staying on a driver's mini map after you see them the first time, somehow I am still able to surprise people in the car by morphing ahead and behind a building. I do not often miss the car, but it happens... I miss the car even less on my second attempts then I do with the first attempts... and the even rarer third attempt is where I have the highest hit over miss the car ratio. When the driver screams, it is hard to be sure if I did disappear from their mini map... or if they were not paying attention to their mini map.

I remember that match... My biggest problem with an immediate shift out of a morph... Which direction I am facing when I come out of it? There are times when this seems random and other times you will be facing in the same direction you were facing when you morphed... This is why I hit sense first. High speed turns cover much more ground than a low speed turn, and I need my target to be visible... and Part IV's shift range is less than other variants, other than Part VII... I have not played the other one in a while... it takes so damned long to smash down door and cuts into my knife gathering time.