Sign in to follow this  
SteadyGosling

FIX THE DANG FLARE GUNS

About 45 times now flare guns have just been bouncing off Jason (when he doesn’t have rage), and not stunning him. To make matters worse, you are forced to wait 5 seconds to drop the flare gun before you can move again, so when it happens it’s almost certain death. 

This is needs to be fixed along with weapons swinging through Jason.

I haven’t had the flare gun issue before. But I’ve definitely had weapons swing through Jason before. Really annoying when you get the hit and it doesn’t count. This issue rarely happens to me though. 

Add them to the new road map list.

2019 - Roof

2020 - Cars

2021 - Context Kills

2022 - Random Counselor/Jason

2023 - Flare Guns

2024 - Combat mechanics

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

2019 - Roof

2020 - Cars

2021 - Context Kills

2023 - Flare Guns

2024 - Combat mechanics

I truly hope they are still working on the game by 2024!!!

Not at the pace you listed but it will be great to have servers that long!

Flare guns suck. Stay away from them, mainly for the fact if you miss you are dead. Was that delay to drop added? I dont remember the delay when the game first came out. 

2 hours ago, PARTVI said:

Flare guns suck. Stay away from them, mainly for the fact if you miss you are dead. Was that delay to drop added? I dont remember the delay when the game first came out. 

Isn't that true of all the weapons?

5 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

This is needs to be fixed along with weapons swinging through Jason.

If we're fortunate, once the rooftop issue is resolved, they'll look into these issues next. Keep your fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

2019 - Roof

2020 - Cars

2021 - Context Kills

2023 - Flare Guns

2024 - Combat mechanics

If it took one year to fix one thing, and it stayed fix, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I truly hope they are still working on the game still by 2024!!!

Not at the pace you listed but it will be great to have servers that long!

If only we could be so lucky to have servers that long.

Not to mention the "shot the flare gun, but it's stuck in your hand for the rest of the match so you can't do shit" glitch.

Honestly, I haven't fired a flare gun now in at least 3 months because of that. 

2 hours ago, SirMang said:

Not to mention the "shot the flare gun, but it's stuck in your hand for the rest of the match so you can't do shit" glitch.

Honestly, I haven't fired a flare gun now in at least 3 months because of that. 

I have yet to see that one happen.

This could just be an issue on itself I'm not experiencing, but a while ago I figured out that a flare gun will not stun Jason if you hit anywhere but his head. If you hit anywhere on his body it will JUST mark him on the map for other people, but if you hit his face it'll stun him 100% and if your doing that and it's not working then yeah, that's a problem. This was a change a while ago, but you could be experiencing a bug I haven't if your hitting his face everytime.

12 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I have yet to see that one happen.

Oh that bug happens a LOT. I experience it allllll the time. I mainly experience it when I try running instantly right when it's fired and I think it just involves it "locking up" per say with another action like running, going through a window or whatever etc.

2 hours ago, Jax00 said:

This could just be an issue on itself I'm not experiencing, but a while ago I figured out that a flare gun will not stun Jason if you hit anywhere but his head. If you hit anywhere on his body it will JUST mark him on the map for other people, but if you hit his face it'll stun him 100% and if your doing that and it's not working then yeah, that's a problem. This was a change a while ago, but you could be experiencing a bug I haven't if your hitting his face everytime.

I think it’s an issue with when they introduced the rage buff, getting flare gun invincibility. Before the rage buff this glitch never happened to me, and I also noticed hitting him in the Face doesn’t knock him down anymore like it did before sometimes. 

I pretty much only use flare guns now to fire high in the sky & try to get a location on Jason.  Sometimes you can mark him half way or all the way across the map.  Also it looks kinda cool if you happen to see it.... Otherwise I would rather use virtually any other weapon.

• Thanks 1

I have never seen anyone in a game I've played in use the flare gun as anything other than a weapon against Jason. I watched a video recently where someone shot a flare up in the sky and was genuinely confused. I had no idea you could do that, lol.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Jax00 said:

Oh that bug happens a LOT. I experience it allllll the time. I mainly experience it when I try running instantly right when it's fired and I think it just involves it "locking up" per say with another action like running, going through a window or whatever etc.

I'll keep an eye out for that pesky bug.

12 hours ago, hab007GE said:

I pretty much only use flare guns now to fire high in the sky & try to get a location on Jason.  Sometimes you can mark him half way or all the way across the map.  Also it looks kinda cool if you happen to see it.... Otherwise I would rather use virtually any other weapon.

I've watched some of your YouTube vids.  The ones where you deal with teamers are pretty good.

5 hours ago, He's Killing Me said:

I've watched some of your YouTube vids.  The ones where you deal with teamers are pretty good.

Thank you, I really REALLY hate teamers