[kor]jason

Vanessa Jones Is OP Between Counselor

Just now, Siph said:

To sum up your argument it's "wait till new players learn" but for now that isn't the case. Maybe I'll reconsider my opinion on stalk kills but to me at this very moment, they're rare and aren't as effective as you guys propose.

You have your opinion, and that's fine. Your view differs greatly from other members here. Things change over time here, and that will always be the case. If you do find something to reconsider and discuss, it will be worth having a conversation about.

5 hours ago, Ahab said:

I have not seen it happen until recently... Nor do I remember reading about it here. I quick throw most of my knives... have to keep the skills sharp after all. But this bug is getting annoying.

I've just never posted about it because it doesn't seem to affect if the knives hit their target or not. 

It gives an interesting visual and sound though. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Siph said:

I've never heard of a person jogging and winning against a shift grab.

I do it all the time... as do a great many other people I play with, be it against my Jason or other people playing our favorite slasher... Just a hint for you... watch your mini map... that little red diamond shaped thingy you see on it sometimes... is Jason.
    I also have moments of panic and sprint early... but no one is perfect... Also... sometimes I screw up and get grabbed, just like EVERYBODY else.

6 hours ago, Siph said:

Besides, you're undervaluing the ground Jason gets from his shifts, even if the Jason SOMEHOW misses the Jenny, he'll be right behind her.

When Jason is shifting, he is travelling fast... when you are travelling fast, turning around covers a whole lot more ground than if you are going slow... and so what if he is behind her? That is where he is when chasing ANYBODY... and chasing ANYBODY is not a guarantee that he will catch them. He actually has to work for it.

6 hours ago, Siph said:

My mistake if you were confused but I never tried to say that Jason's sense ability can right from the get-go pick up ALL 7 counselors.

I will refer you back to what I said about sense before and after rage in the previous post... There is NO ONE else here (that knows what they are talking about) that will dispute a single word of it.
    Your mistake is thinking that I am the one who is confused.

6 hours ago, Siph said:

If he can't pick up your hiding Jenny from one side of the map, eventually with probably not even three morphs he'll be able to detect her.

When did I say a Jenny was hiding? I am not explaining sense avoidance perks to you again... they are obviously beyond you. But don't feel bad, they are beyond a great many players that cannot see past thick skin and medic.

7 hours ago, Siph said:

Funny on how in my 325 hours in game (Which you seem to for some reason doubt :)) I've never went against a single person who knew "How to use the stealth system". Do you know why? Because stealth is a situational and useless stat. If we're assuming that your stealth system users are surviving the night through repairs.... I'm sorry I just don't believe it. The car makes a starting sound when activated, the phone makes the cop sounds, and you can't assume there will be a boat every round because it's always by luck. Besides, these areas are always trapped and Jason will be alerted as soon as you even try to attempt anything.

After reading this paragraph in particular... I doubt you have the hours you claim. I doubt this because of your lack of knowledge about the game. I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that someone with this many hours knows so little about the game the have been playing.
     EVERYTHING is situational... does this make everything useless?... How could it?... Players escape constantly... I am usually the one driving car with three passengers which makes the Jason player that claims he always gets 8 of 8 eat his words. 
    Situational is a funny thing.... it means sometimes THINGS WORK... just as much as sometimes they don't work. Just because someone is found when trying to be stealthy does not mean the stealth system does not work... It was not meant to make you invisible so you could hide in a corner for twenty minutes. To use it properly, you need to know how it works... most people do not know how it works, and many that do know... do not have the patience to use it properly... and even when it is used properly, Jason can get a lucky morph right in front of you with sense on, and see you... and you are not glowing. You just became a priority target... That is situational, but most people seem to think this happens every time they use these perks... it does not.
     Other examples of situational...
     Look, the car made a starting noise!.... Too bad Jason just morphed, and just used shift... now he has ZERO chance of catching it... When you have a group that can actually work together, both cars can escape before Jason gets his first shift... leaving him with one counselor on the map.
     Look, the boat just made a starting noise!.... Too bad Jason just morphed... and has ZERO chance of catching it.
     Oh shit! The warning for the cops just went off... too bad Jason does not have a morph ready to go there and chase them.... Why would he bother anyway? He has been chasing Vanessa for 3 minutes and she is at zero stamina... The cops are called, damage is already done with that... it would be frickin's stupid to let that Vanessa (or ANY other counselor for that matter) regain her stamina... wouldn't it... and no... that was not a question. When I ask a question, I use a question mark.

8 hours ago, Siph said:

I wouldn't argue that most cannot, if fact I think it's general knowledge on how to manipulate skill checks and it's one of the things you learn very early on. Even if the Vanessa messes up the repair, she can still make a quick get a way versus someone like Jenny who's stuck running away at turtle's speed.

Funny how I morph in with stalk active and Vanessa has not ceased her repairs after a screw up... also funny how she CANNOT see me coming up behind her while she continues her minute long repair animation. This NEVER ends well for Vanessa... and unless she has a pocket knife, she IS NOT running anywhere.... and if I hit her with a quick throw and slash, her pocket knife will not help her.
    The way you talk, only Vanessa could possibly survive ANY match... Most Vanessa players I have seen CANNOT make a repair without screwing up... Some can, but this is a rarity... and I have seen far more than I care to count.

8 hours ago, Siph said:

Do you know how many Jasons I know use stalk efficently? Not a lot. In fact I think it's more common to see a repairing Vanessa not messing up a repair versus any Jason using Stalk in such a powerful way that it apparently ends all Vanessas.

Do you know how many Jasons I know that can use stalk effectively?... The number is probably higher than the number of people you have played this game with yet. 
    Also... even the best of us can have bad games and miss shift grabs on new players... or die first to a brand new Jason player... even if we are playing Vanessa. 

8 hours ago, Siph said:

You're assuming my experiences, once again. I've dealt with players who know how to "quick throw properly" and I've beat them before. You're relying on stumbling which is already rng as it is to get a hit on Vanessa. But you can still do the same with Jenny because she's very slow. I will have a better time dodging a knife as Vanessa versus Jenny. Besides, you're also acting like this is all outdoors when pretty much more then half the battle is indoors where you should be shielded by such knives.

I am not assuming... you are proving me right with each successive sentence you type. I find it very hard to believe you could have played that many hours and know so little about the game... yet think you know more than people here with 1000 hours more than you have just in game, let alone in discussion of the game here.

8 hours ago, Siph said:

Good Vanessa players will always conserve their stamina and with her vast stamina pool, never be at threat of running out. 

If this is not a joke... then my estimate of your I.Q. has dropped by 20 points. If this was true, stamina management would not need to be explained to anybody... but it does need to be explained to a great many people, even in these forums... we get new people sometimes after all.

8 hours ago, Siph said:

Your only argument is that a certain player with a certain build on Jenny will beat Vanessa.

Wow... just... wow. Did you even read my last post?...or is it that you cannot count beyond one? My estimate of your I.Q. has dropped another 20 points. 

8 hours ago, Siph said:

You're not looking at how the Vanessa is built at all.

I have killed more Vanessa's in this game than you would ever want to count... but I know absolutely nothing about her stats or the mechanics of how she functions in game at all. My estimate of your I.Q. has dropped past the point of no return with that one.

8 hours ago, Siph said:

Also if the Jenny is running three fear resistance perks,

Jenny does not need 3 fear resistance perks. She is great with two... Any counselor with 6 composure or above is fine with 2 fear resistance perks... 3 is a waste... Who even said any of them needed 3?
    Also... if you have to rely on thick skin and medic on every counselor... your skills are SEVERELY lacking. I have not used either of those perks on ANY counselor after my first month playing this game... and I do just fine... In fact, if I escaped any more often than I already do I would be complaining about how easy it is to play counselors... I am good at this game, but far from the best... and I do not need to rely on crutch perks.

8 hours ago, Siph said:

You seem offended. I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, I'm just questioning your belief in discussion. Which is what you do.. on the forums.

I am not offended... but this line here makes you sound like a troll... Your entire post is saying I am wrong about every point I made... but you are not saying I don't know what I am talking about... This is what we in the real world call a contradiction... Which makes you sound even more like a troll.
    Also... I am a drywaller... I have heard insults that would make you physically ill, and I laugh at them. I do not offend easily... and I doubt you could actually offend me in the first place.
    Also... if you were questioning something, then perhaps you could make this clear with the use of a question mark.
    Much of what we do on these forums is learn from each other... and much of what you said is outright WRONG. This does not help anyone learn anything. Get your facts straight and do your research.

6 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Players become the best by doing, rather than just taking someone else's word for it.

Indeed. But we all learn from each other here through text (and sometimes videos). There is more than one way to learn.
    Also... I always thought Tina was sneaking around in the forest with sense avoidance perks... Now we know... It seems we got some new content after all, but we can never see it.
    And no... I was not trying to use one player to represent the entire player base... I was using him as an example to try to avoid a long post... like this one became... damn!!!! Now I need a beer.

@Ahab, you probably need a six-pack after such a lengthy post.

You are right about the number of ways to learn things. You have Visual, Physical, Aural, Verbal, Logical, Social, and Solitary for starters. A game of this quality would likely fall into a little of each, depending on the player.

If I ever have any questions about drywall, I know who to ask now.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2019 at 3:31 AM, Siph said:

All you've said is true, but you're ignoring the point that it's easier to do a job with one counselor that excels in it versus someone who's handicapped in that area. You'll be sweating less hard playing as Vanessa if you're used to surviving the night as Jenny.

Yes, and no. While I would argue Vanessa is overall the easiest to survive the night with for most people, that won't be true for everyone. You have to remember, if you main Deborah you'll know her strengths and weaknesses inside and out. Not simply her stats, but the nuances that can make all the difference. Every counselor has subtitles to them. I've run across many a slow counselor that gave Jason fits trying to run them to ground. I ran Jason for 10 minutes as LaChappa before. 

16 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Yes, and no. While I would argue Vanessa is overall the easiest to survive the night with for most people, that won't be true for everyone. You have to remember, if you main Deborah you'll know her strengths and weaknesses inside and out. Not simply her stats, but the nuances that can make all the difference. Every counselor has subtitles to them. I've run across many a slow counselor that gave Jason fits trying to run them to ground. I ran Jason for 10 minutes as LaChappa before. 

I agree. Everyone has a counselor that works best for them. If it's Deborah, or Vanessa, or anyone else, it should not matter, as long as the choice works for the individual.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

When Jason is shifting, he is travelling fast... when you are travelling fast, turning around covers a whole lot more ground than if you are going slow... and so what if he is behind her? That is where he is when chasing ANYBODY... and chasing ANYBODY is not a guarantee that he will catch them. He actually has to work for it.

It matters that he is right behind the counselor because it opens them up to a grab. Vanessa however can speed away out of his grab reach.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am not explaining sense avoidance perks to you again... they are obviously beyond you. But don't feel bad, they are beyond a great many players that cannot see past thick skin and medic.

If it is "so beyond me and a great many players" then why bother bringing it up? If not even 1% of players have access to your apparent book of tricks then it's not even worth mentioning. I'm speaking for public matches. You can speak however you want on your private matches with your clique of friends.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

After reading this paragraph in particular... I doubt you have the hours you claim. I doubt this because of your lack of knowledge about the game. I find it EXTREMELY difficult to believe that someone with this many hours knows so little about the game the have been playing.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198354323898/

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Funny how I morph in with stalk active and Vanessa has not ceased her repairs after a screw up... also funny how she CANNOT see me coming up behind her while she continues her minute long repair animation

Still haven't seen a single good arguement for Stalk other then personal experience.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

I am not assuming... you are proving me right with each successive sentence you type. I find it very hard to believe you could have played that many hours and know so little about the game... yet think you know more than people here with 1000 hours more than you have just in game, let alone in discussion of the game here.

Never stated that I knew more then any of you and I'm not preaching my posts like its the gospel truth. I'm making my argument in a discussion which clearly went downhill because you can't think of anything else to say but little jabs of sarcasm. You're obviously very ignorant to outside ideas and only think of what happens in between your clique. 

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

If this is not a joke... then my estimate of your I.Q. has dropped by 20 points. If this was true, stamina management would not need to be explained to anybody... but it does need to be explained to a great many people, even in these forums... we get new people sometimes after all.

Another jab at me because your insecure about your argument. This reply especially doesn't make sense to me because your expecting your Jenny friend not to run out of stamina when she only has 5/10 but a Vanessa with a 9/10 certainly will. Good Vanessas will only die to mindgames, not running out of stamina and being trapped.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Wow... just... wow. Did you even read my last post?...or is it that you cannot count beyond one? My estimate of your I.Q. has dropped another 20 points. 

Yes, because you STILL haven't proven anything about this apparent Jenny except for "She's better then any Vanessa". 

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

but I know absolutely nothing about her stats or the mechanics of how she functions in game at all

To be honest, you can just say no more. Your mind is very narrow and you don't even bother learning other counselors. I don't think you even have the right to comment on a post about that certain counselor at all, actually.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Also... if you have to rely on thick skin and medic on every counselor... your skills are SEVERELY lacking

Nothing wrong with running the optimal build. Do you know why it's so popular? Because it works and it's not too niche. I get that being off-meta seems to be your thing  but you should maybe try it. You'll be saving space with Medic and you won't die to a slasher Jason in three hits.

13 hours ago, Ahab said:

Your entire post is saying I am wrong about every point I made... but you are not saying I don't know what I am talking about... This is what we in the real world call a contradiction... Which makes you sound even more like a troll.

While I do think you're wrong, you can still have knowledge of a certain subject. Also please, call me a troll again, it just makes your argument look even more frail. 

To be honest, a lot of the stealth characters that AREN'T Vanessa have definitely seen better days. Vanessa is the best for stamina, but even then the rage mode buff nerfed stamina by accident imo.