[kor]jason

Vanessa Jones Is OP Between Counselor

<iframe allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="270" width="480" data-embed-src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nv82YdhRBxYfeature=oembed">
</iframe>

recently, i have frequently seen beginner jason user is killed by Counselor

and they refunded or delete the game. i think this is a serious problem

professor user always play Vanessa Jones.

They purpose is not escape but to kill jason

Vanessa Jones is not only high speed and stamina but can also steal sweaters

also, it's not impossible to repair. No need to select other characters

she need a nuff !!

bb.png.f241f61c3c5daa5af5234048525200ad.png

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Vanessa is OP???!!!  GOT IT!!! Thanks for informing us.

A nerf you say? Simple what you do to make Vanessa not as Powerful, drop her Luck down to 1. There u go. Problem solved.

She isn’t as op when u use her awful stealth against her. Find sound ping, go into stalk, morph, watch her moves she makes, and get her when she doesn’t see it coming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

She isn’t as op when u use her awful stealth against her. Find sound ping, go into stalk, morph, watch her moves she makes, and get her when she doesn’t see it coming.

Yea she is fine, overall.  She is well ahead, IMO, to the others counselors, but you better be able to challenge/delay Jason, because he can find you at any time he wants.

Buff other counselors, or otherwise change the function of stats so Vanessa isn't OP.

For starters, rework Composure. It's a double-edged sword how it works now. More composure means a bigger composure meter, but the composure depletion/recharge rate is the same across the board. This means that high composure means the meter takes longer to deplete, and takes longer to recharge. Low composure means quick to deplete and quick to recharge.

Give everyone the same composure pool and change the depletion rates. Make high composure have a low depletion and a high replenish rate, and make low composure have a high depletion and low replenish rate. That's how it should be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Give everyone the same composure pool and change the depletion rates. Make high composure have a low depletion and a high replenish rate, and make low composure have a high depletion and low replenish rate. That's how it should be.

That alone will shift the meta of the counselors a little bit, definitely shake things for the better and will keep things interesting.  Composure penalty would bring Vanessa hopefully to moral status... poor Chad though.  LOL

Vanessa is good at one thing. Running. Don't play to her strengths. Getting Vanessa tunnel vision will make your whole match go to shit. Ignore her early on and when get stalk, take her ass out like @DontZzz34 said above. Trap the shack if you are worried about getting killed. Once she has sweater she is too easy to find. Had 2 matches last night against some Vanessa's that wanted to kill me. They failed both times. First time i got there when they hit my shack trap after I lost mask. quick killed the one stuck in trap then blocked the door for one in shack and baited run right into my grab kill. The next round they tried grabbing the sweater early, but Just as I got shift, and no one was dead yet(Tommy wasnt coming) so was easy to key in on her from a distance and shift grab while she was running to a new cabin a min or so later. watching them try to repair shit is always hilarious too. Most will miss atleast one skill check and still have plenty of time to morph shift grab before they finish. The newbies using vanessa is even more funny as they will miss like one of the first couple skill checks and i have time to morph over, taunt a bit then knife them ending that skill round and they will still stand there starting over and try to do again.. 😂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

For starters, rework Composure. It's a double-edged sword how it works now. More composure means a bigger composure meter, but the composure depletion/recharge rate is the same across the board. This means that high composure means the meter takes longer to deplete, and takes longer to recharge. Low composure means quick to deplete and quick to recharge.

(Edit - Changing,) this would help, I’m all for it.

52 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The section you quoted was just for how it currently works, not my suggestion, just in case you got things confused.

Lol, it was suppose to read changing this will help. 

I don’t mean to be rude, but I could only understand about half of the post....

Vanessas are good at running and beating Jason up lol. Professional Players don’t llay Vanessa mostly of the time because we know that lol. I always play Deborah, so I can get stuff done.

as for stealing sweaters, anyone can do that.

vanessa is practically useless once Jason gets rage besides running around to move stuff, she will run out of stamina eventually

24 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

She's hardly OP. As has been said above, if you take her by surprise it's easy.

Yes exactly. I think most Jason’s fail most when they take the direct approach to catch her instead of being sneaky. Of course when you take a direct approach to get Vanessa it’ll be a struggle

@SteadyGosling I wouldn’t say she’s useless when Jason is in rage. She can still run Jason around forever being a big distractor. Same goes for tiff as well. 

4 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Vanessa is good at one thing. Running. Don't play to her strengths. Getting Vanessa tunnel vision will make your whole match go to shit. Ignore her early on and when get stalk, take her ass out like @DontZzz34 said above. Trap the shack if you are worried about getting killed. Once she has sweater she is too easy to find. Had 2 matches last night against some Vanessa's that wanted to kill me. They failed both times. First time i got there when they hit my shack trap after I lost mask. quick killed the one stuck in trap then blocked the door for one in shack and baited run right into my grab kill. The next round they tried grabbing the sweater early, but Just as I got shift, and no one was dead yet(Tommy wasnt coming) so was easy to key in on her from a distance and shift grab while she was running to a new cabin a min or so later. watching them try to repair shit is always hilarious too. Most will miss atleast one skill check and still have plenty of time to morph shift grab before they finish. The newbies using vanessa is even more funny as they will miss like one of the first couple skill checks and i have time to morph over, taunt a bit then knife them ending that skill round and they will still stand there starting over and try to do again.. 😂

Just realized the guy I was playing with last night was streaming. Death to the Vanessas 🍻

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/451554491?t=01h02m15s

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

Lol very nice!! Those Vanessa’s didn’t stand a chance 😂

I love his comment later on his stream. His buddy was like hes a pretty good Jason, and he was like, yeah hes "alright". 😂 I went 8 for 8 on them twice last night too .. hehe I finally got a good game out of him the last match. They were "alright" to play with though. Pretty cool peeps outside the random super young kid that i had to mute the first game. was making my ears bleed.. lol

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

I love his comment later on his stream. His buddy was like hes a pretty good Jason, and he was like, yeah hes "alright". 😂 I went 8 for 8 on them twice last night too .. hehe I finally got a good game out of him the last match. They were "alright" to play with though. Pretty cool peeps outside the random super young kid that i had to mute the first game. was making my ears bleed.. lol

Remember that video of that guy that I made angry on his stream? On a different game, he said about me, “he’s decent, I’ve definitely seen much better Jason’s than him.” Even though the 3 times I killed him it took a max of 1-2 minutes each and every time. Even him as tommy. Dude got wrecked. Players usually don’t care to give people any credit. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

vanessa is not OP. she's down with OPP.

Yeah you know me! 😈

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Just realized the guy I was playing with last night was streaming. Death to the Vanessas 🍻

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/451554491?t=01h02m15s

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Lol very nice!! Those Vanessa’s didn’t stand a chance 😂

Amateurs, :P LOL!  Didn't even use the shortcut on on the west path to the shack on Pack.

@badassgixxer05 I just realized you are on PC,  I'll keep an eye out for you when I go "hunting", ;)

I would argue that Vanessa isn't op, but she's one of the only counselors who can give Jason an extremely rough time if the person is skilled. You know what I learned from a lobby full of Vanessa mains? Throwing Knives work like a charm! Don't waste the knives on low stamina counselors like Deborah because they have a shorter timer on kiting because of their stamina bank. Also knock off the lights if a Vanessa is troubling you in end game. Unless the Vanessa is running Nerves of Steel, you should be able to shift grab them by mindgaming them.

11 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Amateurs, :P LOL!  Didn't even use the shortcut on on the west path to the shack on Pack.

@badassgixxer05 I just realized you are on PC,  I'll keep an eye out for you when I go "hunting", ;)

lol, yeah I'm on PC. I've died plenty of times as Jason, so not one to back down and hide in water when I know they going for kill. I died the other week to a squad, i was kinda pissed. They couldn't get my mask off as i was block slash blocking the shit out of them and dodging, but couldnt hit any of my quick knife throws. I still eventually got sweater girl limping but she used spray by time i got over to slash her, even though i got a slash in after she still was able to run just out of reach and tommy hit me from behind and i lost mask. RIP Jason.. 😭

6 minutes ago, badassgixxer05 said:

lol, yeah I'm on PC. I've died plenty of times as Jason, so not one to back down and hide in water when I know they going for kill. I died the other week to a squad, i was kinda pissed. They couldn't get my mask off as i was block slash blocking the shit out of them and dodging, but couldnt hit any of my quick knife throws. I still eventually got sweater girl limping but she used spray by time i got over to slash her, even though i got a slash in after she still was able to run just out of reach and tommy hit me from behind and i lost mask. RIP Jason.. 😭

Its cool man, like I always preach "there is no shame in dying as Jason" and I myself have died 4 times.  @Ahab and I were talking about quick draws knives last night and in general agreement that its now janked, like I've complained about before in some of my recent posts.  Sometimes it isn't a issues, and other times it completely misses it's mark.

5 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Its cool man, like I always preach "there is no shame in dying as Jason" and I myself have died 4 times.  @Ahab and I were talking about quick draws knives last night and in general agreement that its know janked, like I've complained about before in some of my recent posts.  Sometimes it isn't a issues, and other times it completely misses it's mark.

Wouldn't be surprised if its another thing that has to do with ping. I've noticed ping spikes everytime an environmental kill is about to glitch. Will even see like a brief shake of the screen. When i see that they just get head punched and I move on. Too many people make you chase them again after a glitch and if they escape the game is hung. SMH

Ahab sent me a couple game invites last night, but both times i was in middle of match and didnt see til after, then had to hit the sac for work in the am. Should def all get up and play sometime!