9 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Words to live by.😎

46 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Words to live by.😎

Amen to that brother.

• Thanks 1

On 7/11/2019 at 5:23 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

Soooooo. Once again.... I have to ask..... It’s in the code. It’s THERE. IN THE GAME. Why can they not release it??? Same with Uber as a skin. This is just one more example of what CAN be released. 

FairPlay and  October would make excuses for Gun killing a bunch of puppies, every point you are bringing up is correct, as with you assumption that Gun is full of crap..... they are just a very Lazy developer ... fact

8 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

FairPlay and  October would make excuses for Gun killing a bunch of puppies, every point you are bringing up is correct, as with you assumption that Gun is full of crap..... they are just a very Lazy developer ... fact

Hacked code for incomplete items never officially released in game has been overly explained why it’s not included and can’t be added to the game at this point.....

your opinions and bitterness for the game and the Developers is all that fuels you anymore.......so continue  assuming what you want.....but since your assumptions are coming from someone who only gets enjoyment by running over other players with the car 🤦‍♂️... your opinions just don’t mean anything to me nor should they mean anything to anyone else as well.

P.s.....Gun said those Puppies deserved it.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Hacked code for incomplete items never officially released in game has been overly explained why it’s not included and can’t be added to the game at this point........

your opinions and bitterness for the game and the Developers is all that fuels you anymore.......so continue  assuming what you want.....but this is coming for someone who only gets enjoyment from running over other players.....🤦‍♂️

If they were chihuahua puppies, they definitely deserved it. 

• Haha 1

my best guess is this.. MAYBE gun media COULD finish & release items that are in the code BUT they dont want to risk putting all that time, effort, and money into something that could get them into legal trouble. even if the "its already in the code" loop hole allowed them to finish things up, they would no doubt have to prove their case in a court of law. that takes alot of time & money AND who knows.. maybe they would have to pull the game...i simpley CAN NOT have that.

they have so many bugs to fix with such a small team that any resources they have has gone into those problems anyways.

another thing.. you think sean "whatever movie we can make to get rid of that damn hockey mask" cunningham is going let gun media get away with putting out new content without a legal battle? think again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Hacked code for incomplete items never officially released in game has been overly explained why it’s not included and can’t be added to the game at this point.....

your opinions and bitterness for the game and the Developers is all that fuels you anymore.......so continue  assuming what you want.....but since your assumptions are coming for someone who only gets enjoyment from running over other players with the car 🤦‍♂️... I really just don’t care what you have to say and neither should anyone else.

yes indeed. i couldnt agree more.

if you can learn one thing from Teddy Bear, its: NO MEANS NO! 

no hard feelings boys & girls. we all wish the game was getting new content....but its not. thats life. be happy this game even exists at all. now excuse me while i run over some puppies in my trusty 4 seater.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NytmereZ said:

I learned long ago to never take a forum member seriously when their sole purpose now is to run people over just because you can.

Likewise, taking cheap shots at forum members whose opinions and views differ from yours is also pretty tacky.

8 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

your opinions and bitterness for the game and the Developers is all that fuels you anymore.......so continue  assuming what you want.....but since your assumptions are coming for someone who only gets enjoyment by running over other players with the car 🤦‍♂️... your opinions just don’t mean anything to me nor should they mean anything to anyone else as well.

The state of the game has brought out the worst in some people as of late.

5 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

no hard feelings boys & girls. we all wish the game was getting new content....but its not. thats life. be happy this game even exists at all. now excuse me while i run over some puppies in my trusty 4 seater.

I for one am grateful that we have this game. It's far from perfect, but there have been many fond memories because of it.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

my best guess is this.. MAYBE gun media COULD finish & release items that are in the code BUT they dont want to risk putting all that time, effort, and money into something that could get them into legal trouble.

What I'm a bit hazy on is how the lawsuit prevents them from putting the finishing touches on Uber Jason and simply unlocking him via a free update, but they can release the entire game on a whole new platform it's never been on before and pull in another profit, no problem.

How does the copyright claim stop Gun from unlocking a free character who's already there, but they're completely compliant in cashing in on a new console?

8 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

What I'm a bit hazy on is how the lawsuit prevents them from putting the finishing touches on Uber Jason and simply unlocking him via a free update, but they can release the entire game on a whole new platform it's never been on before and pull in another profit, no problem.

How does the copyright claim stop Gun from unlocking a free character who's already there, but they're completely compliant in cashing in on a new console?

It is relatively easy to explain...because the game already exists on other platforms officially in its current form making it available to another console doesn’t violate any kind of new content cease and desist order.

Uber was never finished and officially released his model is in code along with unfinished and unreleased kills but because a working, moving Killing version has never been officially released before the cut off it would fall under the new content clause and put them in a situation that could take them to court in a lawsuit that they don’t want any part of.

4 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It is relatively easy to explain...because the game already exists on other platforms officially in its current form making it available to another console doesn’t violate any kind of new content cease and desist order.

Uber was never finished and officially released his model is in code along with unfinished and unreleased kills but because a working, moving Killing version has never been officially released before the cut off it would fall under the new content clause and put them in a situation that could take them to court in a lawsuit that they don’t want any part of.

Right. I've read all that before. The flawed logic of the court systems are on full display in this case. Ultimately, this is all about money, and a claim was made against the game because no one officially has the rights to the royalties of the full intellectual property as it's come to be known over the course of time. With this, Gun can't even "add a rock" to the game, as they've stated, harmless as that would be. But, they can release the game on a whole new platform and continue to make money off a franchise whose copyright is currently in limbo. It's ridiculous.

NECA, who recently got hit with a copyright claim from the lawsuit, can finish all Jason figures that are currently in production, but all future ones are on indefinite hold while litigation continues. By that same token, why can't Gun release Uber Jason, who was not only already in production, but nearly completed? Taking into consideration that a new Jason would likely be a free add-on like the others were, there's no royalties dispute. But, NECA is free to release a few new figures and sell them, no problem.

The whole thing is a bunch of convoluted crap.

1 minute ago, SteveChristy said:

Right. I've read all that before. The flawed logic of the court systems are on full display in this case. Ultimately, this is all about money, and a claim was made against the game because no one officially has the rights to the royalties of the full intellectual property as it's come to be known over the course of time. With this, Gun can't even "add a rock" to the game, as they've stated, harmless as that would be. But, they can release the game on a whole new platform and continue to make money off a franchise whose copyright is currently in limbo. It's ridiculous.

NECA, who recently got hit with a copyright claim from the lawsuit, can finish all Jason figures that are currently in production, but all future ones are on indefinite hold while litigation continues. By that same token, why can't Gun release Uber Jason, who was not only already in production, but nearly completed? Taking into consideration that a new Jason would likely be a free add-on like the others were, there's no royalties dispute. But, NECA is free to release a few new figures and sell them, no problem.

EXACTLY! The Neca situation is all the proof we need. They have figures coming out all this year. Not finished. Still being worked on. 

37 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

You are correct, let me tell you what you already know(and other won’t admit to) Gun is a lazy half assed developer, they have proven time after time that they don’t k ow how to fix this game, the lawsuit was a good excuse to get out, you can’t compare them to a real company like NECA who takes pride in their work, I own all the NECA Jason stuff and still have Roy and my FVJ on the way(they haven’t been released yet.

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

EXACTLY! The Neca situation is all the proof we need. They have figures coming out all this year. Not finished. Still being worked on. 

It's too bad we couldn't see the contracts for this game, the Killer Puzzle game, and the NECA figures. Those alone would answer a lot of questions.

@SteveChristy, it will be interesting if a similar lawsuit happens in the future for another franchise. They'll look at the decisions made in this one, and hopefully learn from it.

• Like 1

@SteveChristy

@The Milwauking Dead

Just like Gun media.... Neca is being effected by the lawsuit... Neca has been given a cut off date only items that are in current production can be released.... Neca had plans for a lot more part 7,8, and 9 if I am not mistaken.... and now they are on hold.

f13 the game and f13 killer puzzle also had a cut off date a year ago when they were affected by the lawsuit and given their cease and desist letters.

Only completed work by the cut off date could be released into the game....any items not complete would no longer be able to be worked on or be released to be made profitable either as DLC....until the lawsuit was settled.

also @SteveChristy With the game  already released on other platforms Gun has the copyright to release the game in its current form to any platform available.....

Gun is allowed to continue to make money on new sales of the game regardless of what platform it is on that’s the blessing of Copyright laws....

The lawsuit can’t prevent them from releasing the game in its current form on any platform.....unless they violate the terms of the cease and desist.

The lawsuit can only prevent them from profiting from any kind of new content in game that was not released in the game before the deadline...or any New content that could be contested in court that boosted consumer sales on the game.

@NytmereZ if Gun was using the lawsuit to get out of the game why are they continuing to work on the game a year later? why not just wash your hands of it and shut it all down servers and bug and balance fixes alike?

The answer is they do want to fix and continue to work on the game even with the the limitations they have to work with......they didn’t use the lawsuit to walk away.....it was forced on them.

And if they could release extremely profitable DLC like the kill packs for weapons that were being worked on and have been found in the code why wouldn’t they? 

The answer is they can’t and they would if they could....Even releasing a free skin that wasn’t in the game before the cut off would then get them pullled into a lawsuit that they could never afford to be a part of....

On 7/12/2019 at 1:27 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

How is that any different than what we currently have? The game is somewhat broken and in some instances seems unfinished. Still a very enjoyable game and thankful that we have it though.

I understand why the content isn't in the game, but I'm sure the majority of the player base wouldn't mind using an unfinished Uber Jason if given the oppurtunity.

On 7/12/2019 at 3:39 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

If hackers can make them perfectly useable with the existing code, they are finished enough to release. I don’t buy that excuse. 

Look, I am just trying to come up with a possible explanation. It is their choice to keep the stuff out of the game for one reason or another. Perhaps they were hoping the legal nonsense would get sorted soon and they could release all this stuff for money, they are going to need to keep the game up in the future? I mean there is no reason to work on new content when you cannot release it anyway, but almost finished stuff that is already 95% functional and in the game files? That would be an easy and much needed profit.

I honestly pray and hope either two things......

1. Gunmedia aka Wes and Randy reconsider the whole "No content clause" and release the content to us....

2. They give it over to another publisher/developer team to continue the project....(and pray that they dont cancel the game.)

@NytmereZ

@The Milwauking Dead

@SteveChristy

do you really think that makes any sense? they spent the time & the money with limited resources on all the new content, work until its all nearly complete, then they say "eh fuck it" get lazy and quit, wasting all that effort and losing all that money..

its like what @Fair Play & @OCT 31 1978 said.. it can have everything to do with the contract gun signed, and the contract neca signed as to why they can continue production for now.

i defend this side of the argument because i love this game, even with all its problems. also because i dont think they would stop production if they didnt have to. i dont think theyd continue with patches & live streams for the community if they didnt still care about the game. i wont sit here and bad mouth the people that granted me countless hours of jason action. we all share the same fustraitions with the game being incomplete. everytime i switch out my jason kills i get upset looking at all that empty space.. but i still have a good time playing this lovely game and thats all that matters to me. not how many puppies gun media takes a sludge hammer to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, glowing ooze said:

@NytmereZ

@The Milwauking Dead

@SteveChristy

do you really think that makes any sense? they spent the time & the money with limited resources on all the new content, work until its all nearly complete, then they say "eh fuck it" get lazy and quit, wasting all that effort and losing all that money..

its like what @Fair Play & @OCT 31 1978 said.. it can have everything to do with the contract gun signed, and the contract neca signed as to why they can continue production for now.

i defend this side of the argument because i love this game, even with all its problems. also because i dont think they would stop production if they didnt have to. i dont think theyd continue with patches & live streams for the community if they didnt still care about the game. i wont sit here and bad mouth the people that granted me countless hours of jason action. we all share the same fustraitions with the game being incomplete. everytime i switch out my jason kills i get upset looking at all that empty space.. but i still have a good time playing this lovely game and thats all that matters to me. not how many puppies gun media takes a sludge hammer to.

Well said sir 👍🏻😎

🔨 💀  🐶 🤣

28 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well said sir 👍🏻😎

🔨 💀  🐶 🤣

ha ha ha HA thanks! im sure its nothin yall havent said before. gotta go hose off my 4 seater tires now..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

do you really think that makes any sense?

Yes.

i wont sit here and bad mouth the people that granted me countless hours of jason action.

I haven't said one bad thing about Gun Media. My opinion, which is unchanged, is toward the court system and how stupid this whole thing has become.

5 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

My opinion, which is unchanged, is toward the court system and how stupid this whole thing has become.

I Agree with you 100%

26 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I haven't said one bad thing about Gun Media. My opinion, which is unchanged, is toward the court system and how stupid this whole thing has become.

i shouldnt have lumped you in there like that as far as the bad mouthing goes, mr. christy. and once again, its no hard feelings towards any of you. the whole thing just sucks balls! happy camping sir, and may the courts be damned!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

i shouldnt have lumped you in there like that as far as the bad mouthing goes, mr. christy. and once again, its no hard feelings towards any of you. the whole thing just sucks balls! happy camping sir, and may the courts be damned!

🍻

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well said sir 👍🏻😎

🔨 💀  🐶 🤣

I'll second that.

ha ha ha HA thanks! im sure its nothin yall havent said before. gotta go hose off my 4 seater tires now..

Keep an eye out for Jason while you do that.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I Agree with you 100%

I'll agree 200%.

• Like 1