SteadyGosling

I feel kinda lied to...

you know how a couple months ago people with savini were seeing kill icons that hadnt existed before? When i asked support they said the kills never existed and they were just icons, but here we are now....

i get the ignorance can be bliss, but when it comes to multiple times of being told something different when clearly in a week or two ill get a different answer, this just kinda hurts man.

• Like 1

@SteadyGosling

There are many things in the code of the game that were never officially released.... yet have been code hacked and see and used....those icons and kills among them.

I don’t believe that you were out right lied to as much as I believe that Gun Media support Doesn’t actually know what is in the underlying code and only know that the kills and Icons were never finished and never officially released so there were never actual kills tied to them.

p.s. I wish they were in the game especially the head ripped off and thrown one.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@SteadyGosling

There are many things in the code of the game that were never officially released.... yet have been code hacked and see and used those icons and kills among them.

I don’t believe that you were out right lied to as much as I believe that Gun Media support Doesn’t actually know what is in the underlying code and only know that the kills and Icons were never finished and never officially released so there were never actual kills tied to them.

p.s. I wish they were in the game especially the head thrown one.

Ofcourse me too, but i find that either 2 things are happening.  1.Multiple times like this the support team has given me some type of lie in hopes i dont find out, or 2.The support team doesnt know much about the game itself, and thats just unprofessional....

Im not sure whos on the support team, but it would probably be better if they knew alot more than what it seems they do.... 

12 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

Ofcourse me too, but i find that either 2 things are happening.  1.Multiple times like this the support team has given me some type of lie in hopes i dont find out, or 2.The support team doesnt know much about the game itself, and thats just unprofessional....

Im not sure whos on the support team, but it would probably be better if they knew alot more than what it seems they do.... 

What other issues have you run into with the support team ?

And they are fairly knowledgeable but mainly about how the game should work and what is in it....”officially”

I don’t thing they know about all the intricacies of the code or underlying code that Illfonic dealt with and Black tower is now dealing with.

@Slasher_Clone

Man....how great would that be!! Jason playing dodgeball with counselors 😂 

• Haha 1

@SteadyGosling, the support team probably can only respond a certain number of ways, mandated by whomever they answer to.

@Slasher_Clone, at the very least, you can kick heads around as Jason, even if you can't toss them. Soccer is better than nothing.

@OCT 31 1978, I was quite the dodgeball player in my younger days. I kinda miss it a bit.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Soooooo. Once again.... I have to ask..... It’s in the code. It’s THERE. IN THE GAME. Why can they not release it??? Same with Uber as a skin. This is just one more example of what CAN be released. 

Never officially released before the cut off date unfortunately.....because of  any of these “reasons”...not finished, needed sound, needed re-rigging, need more blood......etc. 

I am not sure why....only that they didn’t make the cut off date and attempting to do so now would violate the new content cease and desist order.

It truly is a shame the Lawsuit created this issue because with all the stuff you can find in the code it’s very apparent Gun had planned to put a ton more into the game.....And If they could release that stuff they would and you can see they wanted to continue working on the game and would have made tons of money in new DLC.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Soooooo. Once again.... I have to ask..... It’s in the code. It’s THERE. IN THE GAME. Why can they not release it??? Same with Uber as a skin. This is just one more example of what CAN be released. 

I suspect Gun does not want to be hit with some kind of litigation for releasing something when they aren't supposed to.

• Thanks 1

I don’t know. I still don’t buy that excuse. Why does Killer Puzzle continue to release new content on a regular basis? That has never been answered. They’ve probably released 5 different Jasons in the last year after the lawsuit deadline. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I don’t know. I still don’t buy that excuse. Why does Killer Puzzle continue to release new content on a regular basis? That has never been answered. They’ve probably released 5 different Jasons in the last year after the lawsuit deadline. 

You'd have to ask the makers of F13 Killer Puzzle. The best guess would be that the content was implemented before the deadline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

You'd have to ask the makers of F13 Killer Puzzle. The best guess would be that the content was implemented before the deadline.

That’s what I thought at first. But the content was added with updates. It wasn’t already there. Even if it was in the files already, then that would confirm even more that GUN can release all the content that was already in the files. Like Uber Jason and extra kills. 

18 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

That’s what I thought at first. But the content was added with updates. It wasn’t already there. Even if it was in the files already, then that would confirm even more that GUN can release all the content that was already in the files. Like Uber Jason and extra kills. 

It was said Uber Jason wasn't complete. That's the reason why we wasn't released.

I'm getting the feeling that no matter how many time it is brought up, Gun is not going to change their stance on releasing him or anything else.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

The content in F13th Puzzle game was UNLOCKED with updates. It was always in the code, just hidden away and locked. They did not ADD it in, they just unlocked it via patch.

The difference is all these costumes and kills are unfinished in one way or another. They are present in the code, but untested and unfinished. If they were to make them available, they would have to release them broken and unfinished or finish them first and that would probably render them as "new" content.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Survival said:

If they were to make them available, they would have to release them broken and unfinished

How is that any different than what we currently have? The game is somewhat broken and in some instances seems unfinished. Still a very enjoyable game and thankful that we have it though.

I understand why the content isn't in the game, but I'm sure the majority of the player base wouldn't mind using an unfinished Uber Jason if given the oppurtunity.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I was quite the dodgeball player in my younger days. I kinda miss it a bit.

Same! Dodge ball king of the 5th grade. 😂 quick and little went a long way in that game. Now I'm a big goon with no mobility. Damn growth spurts and old age! 😭

2 hours ago, Survival said:

The content in F13th Puzzle game was UNLOCKED with updates. It was always in the code, just hidden away and locked. They did not ADD it in, they just unlocked it via patch.

The difference is all these costumes and kills are unfinished in one way or another. They are present in the code, but untested and unfinished. If they were to make them available, they would have to release them broken and unfinished or finish them first and that would probably render them as "new" content.

If hackers can make them perfectly useable with the existing code, they are finished enough to release. I don’t buy that excuse. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Same! Dodge ball king of the 5th grade. 😂 quick and little went a long way in that game. Now I'm a big goon with no mobility. Damn growth spurts and old age! 😭

Quick and little was the way to be back then. If only it had been an actual sports recognized by the school districts.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

If hackers can make them perfectly useable with the existing code, they are finished enough to release. I don’t buy that excuse. 

Hackers are using the code to unlock the skin of Uber and use it on an existing Jason..... it may look complete on a video but that doesn’t mean it is.... there could be many issues that don’t line up correctly or intended.....

The same goes for the kills the motion capture may be finished but that doesn’t mean all the counselors have been rigged to the kills correctly......

If they could release these things don’t you think they would the kills packs alone would generate a ton of money for them.

10 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

How is that any different than what we currently have? The game is somewhat broken and in some instances seems unfinished. Still a very enjoyable game and thankful that we have it though.

The difference is what’s in the game has officially been released to the public while the other kills and the actual Uber Jason character fully rendered and rigged never was.

I understand why the content isn't in the game, but I'm sure the majority of the player base wouldn't mind using an unfinished Uber Jason if given the oppurtunity.

You are definitely right that the fans and players wouldn’t care about using an unfinished character.......I can also understand that when someone has worked so hard on something or had as much passion involved in a project they wouldn’t want others to have to experience or play something unfinished or incomplete either.

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

You are definitely right that the fans and players wouldn’t care about using an unfinished character.......I can also understand that when someone has worked so hard on something or had as much passion involved in a project they wouldn’t want others to have to experience or play something unfinished or incomplete either.

I think the decision to not give us access to unfinished content makes sense. If I were Gun, I wouldn't release something unless it was spot on perfect, and fully complete. I can only speak for myself though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I get that too. But they could just give us Uber as a purely cosmetic skin for existing Jasons. That is finished. In game. And wouldn’t be “new content”. I think everyone would be happy with that. 

Gun will or won't do what they feel like doing. How we feel about it doesn't matter one bit to them.

They last said we weren't getting Uber in any form. If that were to change, I'm sure many people (myself included) would be happy.

We'll have to wait and see. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

• Thanks 1