Dunken

If it takes you 7 minutes to kill a single Deborah, then you are a BAD Jason

It boggles my mind how some Jason players take so long trying to kill a single Counselor with a 4 out of 10 in speed. And I'm not just talking about Deborah, I'm also talking about Jenny, Mitch, AJ, Sheldon (a.k.a Shelly bitch as I like to call him for being the worst Counselor in the game) and any counselor with below 5 in speed. For me, it is soooo easy to get them and they're usually the first counselors to die in just about any match I go to. And its even more mind blowing that in some instances where people are given 7 free minutes to do things, that ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gets done except for maybe gas in the boat (and that's if your lucky). Let's be real for a second, 7 minutes is A LOT of time even by Dead by Daylight standards. I'm willing to bet that any half-decent team of 5 people can get all the objectives done within 7 minutes. To give you all a better idea of what i mean by half-decent its someone that at best put like 4 Days into the game. This is also the reason why I love and main Adam and Vanessa. They have just enough speed to evade Jason even if he has a +Run Speed. I love Adam for his ability to quickly get across the map with his amazing repair and Vanessa for her ability to 'survive the night' consistently if you know how to House Hop properly. A little secret, pay attention to your mini-map. Its your best friend when going alone.

That's the problem isn't it?

If stealth and composure meant anything. Higher speed characters would have a harder time surviving if Jason was around them often (speed and stamina would only help them get away initially and punish them if they stayed close) and others would be more manageable late game.

Instead, its ass backwards with a random Vanessa or Tiff just trying to hold onto their precious pocket knives and spray for 20 minutes while the others die off first.

Bad game design on BOTH sides. Fun, but bad.

• Like 2

Lol I main Deborah, and I play as if I’m playing with chads luck most of the time.

DEBORAH IS THE BEST GIRL AND NOBODY CAN SAY OTHERWISE

• Like 1

Nah, I've ran good Jasons around the map with slow running repair counselors many times. Just have to manage your stamina by jogging cabin to cabin. The ones that are dying quick are the ones that all out sprint and blow their load. Also don't just jog in a straight line. Veer back and forth to avoid quick knife throws, and also change directions quickly when Jason is shifting. Make it hard on him to land that shift grab. Lastly, only fight him if its the last resort!

21 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

Lol I main Deborah, and I play as if I’m playing with chads luck most of the time.

DEBORAH IS THE BEST GIRL AND NOBODY CAN SAY OTHERWISE

I will. Tiffany is the best girl and that’s that 🍑😁

and lol @Dunken I was with you this game when this happened. 😂

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I will. Tiffany is the best girl and that’s that 🍑😁

and lol @Dunken I was with you this game when this happened. 😂

How dare you assume Tiffany is just her ass 😤 

5 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

How dare you assume Tiffany is just her ass 😤 

She’s got more then just that. She’s funny as hell to listen to as she stuns and runs away from Jason. And she can take him on some crazy long chases to 😁 she’s a survive the night queen. I’ve also repaired with her to just for the lols 🤣

I'll stay away from the question of who the best girl is.

As for being bad if you get run by a Deborah, that's simply not true. If they player is skilled enough any counselor can be a nightmare to catch. I've ran good Jason's with LaChappa. 

@DontZzz34 I'm afraid Vanessa is survive the night queen. 

5 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

I'll stay away from the question of who the best girl is.

As for being bad if you get run by a Deborah, that's simply not true. If they player is skilled enough any counselor can be a nightmare to catch. I've ran good Jason's with LaChappa. 

@DontZzz34 I'm afraid Vanessa is survive the night queen. 

Tiffany already won the survive the night queen poll 😁 but opinions are opinions. Vanessa’s still a real great choice regardless...

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

Tiffany already won the survive the night queen poll 😁 but opinions are opinions. Vanessa’s still a real great choice regardless...

Don't get me wrong. I like Tiffany. But I find the speed and luck more beneficial than Tiffany's stealth. 

I've given enough Jason players a hard time playing as Deborah Kim to where once they've killed me, it's almost a moral victory and half the battle right there. However, no doubt everyone here has done the same with their own counselor of choice. So it's all opinion and play style. I still vote for Deborah though lol

Since you brought up Jenny in your OP...if Jenny even allows a Jason in the first 10 minutes to see her, she's doing something wrong. 

With her composure and some sense avoidance perks, you shouldn't be made aware of her existence until you get rage or she's in the car/boat/on the main road to the cops.

10 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Don't get me wrong. I like Tiffany. But I find the speed and luck more beneficial than Tiffany's stealth. 

Depends on the Jason. If Jason is sneaky and knows how to use stalk it’ll be easy to see where Vanessa is at in the cabin she is in and wait for her to jump out the window or shift in on her in stalk bc of sound pings. This is why tiff is slightly better for survive the night. And Vanessa only has 2 more luck not much more significant. Grabbing new weapons easily solves that problem. And 6 speed does tiff just fine you can mix up between jog/sprint in front of a running Jason just fine to maintain stam then hop in a window to regain

The extra luck helps avoid stumbling at inconvenient times. I grant the stealth can help hiding in cabins though.

On 7/8/2019 at 9:22 PM, DontZzz34 said:

Depends on the Jason. If Jason is sneaky and knows how to use stalk it’ll be easy to see where Vanessa is at in the cabin she is in and wait for her to jump out the window or shift in on her in stalk bc of sound pings. This is why tiff is slightly better for survive the night. And Vanessa only has 2 more luck not much more significant. Grabbing new weapons easily solves that problem. And 6 speed does tiff just fine you can mix up between jog/sprint in front of a running Jason just fine to maintain stam then hop in a window to regain

I think if a Vanessa player hops out of the window at any point when she knows that Jason is nearby, she's not playing to survive the night. Stealth is a useless stat as soon as Jason gets his rage so Vanessa's speed advantage makes her the optimal counselor to be able to survive the night against Jason. Plus you're acting like most Jasons ever use Stalk properly if at all.

12 minutes ago, Siph said:

I think if a Vanessa player hops out of the window at any point when she knows that Jason is nearby, she's not playing to survive the night. Stealth is a useless stat as soon as Jason gets his rage so Vanessa's speed advantage makes her the optimal counselor to be able to survive the night against Jason. Plus you're acting like most Jasons ever use Stalk properly if at all.

Well the Jason’s that do know how to use stalk in that case Tiff has a advantage over Vanessa then. And I wouldn’t really consider her speed advantage that much of a advantage over tiff. Tiffany has absolutely no problems out jogging a running/non running Jason. You don’t need to have a 10 speed to outrun Jason.

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

Well the Jason’s that do know how to use stalk in that case Tiff has a advantage over her then. And I wouldn’t really consider her speed advantage that much of a advantage over tiff. Tiffany has absolutely no problems out jogging a running/non running Jason. You don’t need to have a 10 speed to outrun Jason.

Speed is really good to avoid shift grabs and to get to the next cabin with ease. Tiffany may not have a problem out jogging most Jasons but she doesn't have the advantage Vanessa has over her with speed.

16 minutes ago, Siph said:

Speed is really good to avoid shift grabs and to get to the next cabin with ease. Tiffany may not have a problem out jogging most Jasons but she doesn't have the advantage Vanessa has over her with speed.

Sometimes it’s better to just juke shift grabs out in the open instead of heading straight for the window, just in case if Jason beats you to the window and grabs you. I always just change direction on his shift and dodge it that way instead of relying on diving through windows. And when you dive through windows like that, it just gives Jason a free knife throw causing more damage. You can juke shift grabs with anyone, speed matters to a certain extent but changing direction on his shift makes a way bigger difference in dodging his shift rather then speed. 

This is how I get those Jukey Vanessa’s  😁 her low stealth hurts her more then you think especially with a plus stalk Jason that knows how to use stalk. Why I love part 8 :) and yes most Jason’s are garbage at using stalk... lol

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Sometimes it’s better to just juke shift grabs out in the open instead of heading straight for the window, just in case if Jason beats you to the window and grabs you. I always just change direction on his shift and dodge it that way instead of relying on diving through windows. And when you dive through windows like that, it just gives Jason a free knife throw causing more damage. You can juke shift grabs with anyone, speed matters to a certain extent but changing direction on his shift makes a way bigger difference in dodging his shift rather then speed. 

This is how I get those Jukey Vanessa’s  😁 her low stealth hurts her more then you think

Speed furthers the gap from Jason once he finishes his shift, lower speeds counselors may still be in range if he stops right behind but Vanessa will be further away, due to her 10/10 speed. You're right about it being better to dodge out in the open versus taking your chances with a window but that's exactly where her speed comes in use. She will also have to use less stamina doing so which allows for her to have a bigger stamina bank to juke from.

Nice stalk kill! However may I add that the Vanessa in the video did not seem the brightest, including not escaping the houses with a raging Jason in. Also, Tiffany's stealth wouldn't help her here regardless because you still see her light up like a bulb with sense so it calls more into the question of the player's common sense rather then counselor being played.

10 minutes ago, Siph said:

Speed furthers the gap from Jason once he finishes his shift, lower speeds counselors may still be in range if he stops right behind but Vanessa will be further away, due to her 10/10 speed. You're right about it being better to dodge out in the open versus taking your chances with a window but that's exactly where her speed comes in use. She will also have to use less stamina doing so which allows for her to have a bigger stamina bank to juke from.

Nice stalk kill! However may I add that the Vanessa in the video did not seem the brightest, including not escaping the houses with a raging Jason in. Also, Tiffany's stealth wouldn't help her here regardless because you still see her light up like a bulb with sense so it calls more into the question of the player's common sense rather then counselor being played.

I know where you’re coming from certainly with Vanessa’s speed. She can cabin hop the best out of everyone, but Tiffany isn’t that far behind. 6 speed does her good from getting to cabin to cabin and beating Jason to the window before his shift. I just decide whether to juke the shift in the open or go for the window depending on how close to the window I am..... 

thanks man for the compliment. And I agree they weren't the smartest counselor. They really screwed up going back inside the same exact cabin lol it was also hilarious when they lit the fireworks, I think I had them a bit nervous 😂 

also if I would’ve got on the clip prior to me going to this cabin, what attracted me to this area was Vanessa’s sound pings. I seen it from all the way down the street, I was by pack lodge and morphed down the street near the sound pings. I used sense, seen she was a cabin down. I anticipated she was gonna loot the next cabin over and that’s when I go in stalk 😁 so this is when her stealth does hurt her. Most Jason’s fail when they go directly to her sound ping and the cabin she is in instead of a little bit away from it and watch her next move she makes and use stalk that way.

lightfoot, level headed, and homebody on Tiffany will make it a lot harder to use this method of stalk compared to a loud Vanessa since it will be harder to track Tiffany in that way. 

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

I know where you’re coming from certainly with Vanessa’s speed. She can cabin hop the best out of everyone, but Tiffany isn’t that far behind. 6 speed does her good from getting to cabin to cabin and beating Jason to the window before his shift. I just decide whether to juke the shift in the open or go for the window depending on how close to the window I am..... 

thanks man for the compliment. And I agree they weren't the smartest counselor. They really screwed up going back inside the same exact cabin lol it was also hilarious when they lit the fireworks, I think I had them a bit nervous 😂 

also if I would’ve got on the clip prior to me going to this cabin, what attracted me to this area was Vanessa’s sound pings. I seen it from all the way down the street, I was by pack lodge and morphed down the street near the sound pings. I used sense, seen she was a cabin down. I anticipated she was gonna loot the next cabin over and that’s when I go in stalk 😁 so this is when her stealth does hurt her. Most Jason’s fail when they go directly to her sound ping and the cabin she is in instead of a little bit away from it and watch her next move she makes and use stalk that way.

Tiffany definitely isn't far behind but if we're going to cut hairs here, that 3 more speed makes the difference. Vanessa sound pings do make her easier to track, but as I mentioned earlier stealth is useless when it comes to surviving the night due to rage so either way she would be detected by sense. Also as you even mention that most Jasons fail to do a smarter move like this, so this is very situational when we're talking about most average games.

3 minutes ago, Siph said:

Tiffany definitely isn't far behind but if we're going to cut hairs here, that 3 more speed makes the difference. Vanessa sound pings do make her easier to track, but as I mentioned earlier stealth is useless when it comes to surviving the night due to rage so either way she would be detected by sense. Also as you even mention that most Jasons fail to do a smarter move like this, so this is very situational when we're talking about most average games.

I think sense avoidance and stealth perks still work in rage?? And Yes sadly it is very situational. I really wish more Jason’s put in more effort to use stalk properly. It’s very very rare a Jason player actually scares me. If Jason is going to kill me I’d rather them do it in a creepy way in stalk and at least scare the shit out of me while I die 😁😂

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Taking 7 minutes to kill a single Deborah makes a Jason bad? What if it took almost 9 minutes? lol

If that was me, I would have easily teared you apart. Watching Jason trying to kill you while your Deborah and fail MISERABLY the first 3 minutes alone is cringe inducing enough. But I think you get the idea of my original post: Any Jason, that takes a long time to kill a slow counselor, is a bad player.

8 hours ago, Dunken said:

If that was me, I would have easily teared you apart. Watching Jason trying to kill you while your Deborah and fail MISERABLY the first 3 minutes alone is cringe inducing enough.

While I'm not the best counselor player around, I can string Jason along and let others complete objectives fairly easy. Your comment, you would tear me apart, I wouldn't be so sure of that. You may very well have been able to defeat me a lot sooner than the Jason in the clip I shared, but I have seen other players using Deborah string Jason along for what seemed to be to entire match and survive. It comes down to the skill level of the players involved.

Here's another clip from last night. This was a decent Jason, one of his kill attempts on me did glitch, but this game really is a big game of cat and mouse.