Sign in to follow this  
GeneiJin

Delay Tommy's Arival to Post-Rage

One of the biggest changes with Jason dealing with " piñata Parties" has been Jason's new Post-Rage properties.  While that does it's job discouraging gangbangs on Jason (or punishes them for giving him rage early), it doesn't to much preventing Jason kill.  I like the Jason Kill, as I think it's threat helps keep this game interesting, and generally don't have a problem with the mechanic itself.  My problem is Jason has limited options if say Tommy is on the map and everyone else is all in to killing Jason.  For example, Tommy call get off for free in the opening minutes, 2 players off themselves (since the suicide restriction is easily by-passable),  Tommy is on the map within 2 mins of the game, forms a harem party with 5 chicks w/ sharp thingys and bats, and march together to Jason's Shack, demasking Jason if he tries intrevine.  Really, Jason's only reliable counter-play is blocking the entrance of the shack, or become a fish, ether way unless the lobby decides to disband and do other things (unlikely since they got Jason beat), it'll just end up a boring 20mins and Jason going 0/8.  I have no problem if the Lobby tricks or distracts Jason with objectives while someone grabs the sweater, then Tommy manages to demask, but it seriously goes against the spirit of the game when counselors (especially if it's every last one) disregard all objectives and raid Jason's home.  Also Tommy doesn't need to be in the game within the first 2mins.  

In the past, I've and a few others here have suggested making the Tommy Radio known to Jason or remove it's RNG properties.  While having Tommy's arrival challenged and overcome can make Killing Jason feel deserved and earned, I'm sure many will have a issue with potentially never seeing Tommy and his handsome jawline again, especially with a Try-hard Jason hellbent in prevent him (like me >:D).  I can understand this, and it's nice to have hope for a chance of re-entering the game, especially to new players.  As a alternative, why not delay Tommy's arrival to Post-Rage, as I feel it would address the problem I outlined above.  Kill squads won't be able to off themselves quickly and guarantee Tommy, since by the time Jason gets rage likely more players are in the dead room to choose from.  Jason will also have more time to removing counselors before the possibility of dealing with the scenario Tommy + Sweater, reducing the number of possible sweater girls, helpers, and backup.  Sure, they can attempt to bully Jason early to bring Tommy into the game earlier, but a smart Jason will notice this, use his time wisely, and choose when it's time to fight.  Hey, perhaps the squad will actually fix something since they'll have nothing better to do while they wait for Tommy.  Tommy will also come into the game when he matters, helping those who haven't escape yet or the left alive.  While it doesn't actually make the Jason Kill itself harder, mechanics wise, it does add in more factors to consider, deter counselors from suiciding for Tommy, give Jason more time to prepare, and reduces the likely hood of squads tying to brute force the Jason-kill.

Instead of having tommy come in post rage it’d be better to just make kill squads be forced to survive the night till 5 mins are left in the game. Jason should only be killable in the final 5 minutes. This will actually make the kill hard. 

I have a problem with tommy coming into the game post rage bc good Jason’s can sometimes clear lobbies before rage even hits and his hero role goes out the window

13 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Instead of having tommy come in post rage it’d be better to just make kill squads be forced to survive the night till 5 mins are left in the game. Jason should only be killable in the final 5 minutes. This will actually make the kill hard. 

I have a problem with tommy coming into the game post rage bc good Jason’s can sometimes clear lobbies before rage even hits and his hero role goes out the window

Waiting for the last 5 mins is too long for my liking though, lol. I often clear the lobby before I get rage as is, even against kill-squads, lol.  I have nothing against kill squads, in fact I've been a member in quite a few of them.  I dislike how brain-dead and non-tactical it can become.  Personally, I like Jason being proactive and making decisions on preventing or thwarting an kill attempt, and I believe this will be good for the Meta on both ends as oppose of letting a game timer handles it.  

I have no problem if Tommy is too late, lol.  Hero couldn't make it on time, game is over, next game.

21 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Waiting for the last 5 mins is too long for my liking though, lol. I often clear the lobby before I get rage as is, even against kill-squads, lol.  I have nothing against kill squads, in fact I've been a member in quite a few of them.  I dislike how brain-dead and non-tactical it can become.  Personally, I like Jason being proactive and making decisions on preventing or thwarting an kill attempt, and I believe this will be good for the Meta on both ends as oppose of letting a game timer handles it.  

I have no problem if Tommy is too late, lol.  Hero couldn't make it on time, game is over, next game.

If too many think 5 min out is too long. 7-10 minutes out from end game of Jason being killable could be something everyone could be happy with. I highly doubt it tho, since kill squads are all a one trick pony. They’d all cry a river. Kill squads would have to come up with a better game plan then their current one and think more outside the box instead of just hunting Jason and that’s all. One member can waste of a ton of Jason’s time with car, sweater girl can go hide out till jason is killable, tommy can try repairing camp for others/or distracting Jason till it’s time to kill Jason. Kill squads would have to be a lot more productive and actually do something for once. 

Tommy coming in late just discourages his hero role. He’d often come in by the time there’s barely anyone left alive and people will just abuse his role more to escape solo

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

If too many think 5 min out is too long. 7-10 minutes out from end game of Jason being killable should be something everyone could be happy with. Kill squads would have to come up with a better game plan then their current one of just hunting Jason and that’s all. One member can waste of a ton of Jason’s time with car, sweater girl can go hide out till jason is killable, tommy can try repairing camp for others/or distracting Jason till it’s time to kill Jason. Kill squads would have to be a lot more productive and actually do something for once. 

Tommy coming in late just discourages his hero role. He’d often come in by the time there’s barely anyone left alive and people will just abuse his role more to escape solo

We are in general agreement here.  As is, it takes about 10 mins for Jason to enter Rage on his own.   Tying Tommy to Jason's rage activation would allow a game on who dictates Tommy's arrival.  For example, if Jason shuts down the Tommy call and secures it, he can purposely take hits get getting to rage sooner.  Otherwise, if Tommy is called, Jason plays more conservative, avoiding needless conflict with those looking to both demask him and get him into rage faster, picking out any valuable counselor until then.  I feel if Jason is outplayed and fails to make the right decisions and actions, the death is warranted.

I actually think delaying Tommy arrival heightens his roles.  Hero's typically makes their entrance at the most dire times and on the closing act.  If only one or two counselors are left, an OP character with a PK, spray, stunning weapon, and the power to kill Jason is greatly appreciated.  Yes some n00b or selfish player can attempt to leave alone, but that is nothing new, lol.

9 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

We are in general agreement here.  As is, it takes about 10 mins for Jason to enter Rage on his own.   Tying Tommy to Jason's rage activation would allow a game on who dictates Tommy's arrival.  For example, if Jason shuts down the Tommy call and secures it, he can purposely take hits get getting to rage sooner.  Otherwise, if Tommy is called, Jason plays more conservative, avoiding needless conflict with those looking to both demask him and get him into rage faster, picking out any valuable counselor until then.  I feel if Jason is outplayed and fails to make the right decisions and actions, the death is warranted.

I actually think delaying Tommy arrival heightens his roles.  Hero's typically makes their entrance at the most dire times and on the closing act.  If only one or two counselors are left, an OP character with a PK, spray, stunning weapon, and the power to kill Jason is greatly appreciated.  Yes some n00b or selfish player can attempt to leave alone, but that is nothing new, lol.

I can see ur point. I just think it’d really help a team if tommy came in earlier. Tommy is real effective in the right hands. Good op Jason’s can wipe lobby’s in 10 min or less so tommy coming in around that time frame I find it makes his role useless. 

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

I can see ur point. I just think it’d really help a team if tommy came in earlier. Tommy is real effective in the right hands. Good op Jason’s can wipe lobby’s in 10 min or less so tommy coming in around that time frame I find it makes his role useless. 

Tommy is real effective in the right hands???  LOL He's downright a Nightmare when a good player is in control.  Yes, his help is appreciate could be appreciated early on, but perhaps both typical and kill-squad lobbies alike should be self-relent without him, and as long a one female is left, Tommy is never useless (useless players on the other hand....:rolleyes:)

1. Disable all the genarators to start, making the Tommy call harder

2. Add a recolored fuse, forcing the Tommy radio to require an additional part to be called

3. Force 'kill squads' aka any lobby these days to actually escape rather than suicide or fake die in order to get Tommy. If nobody escapes with a vehicle/boat or a police escape, nobody gets Tommy

Tommy should be earned, not a given 10 seconds into match start.

They aren't going to give Jason the location of his generator on match start. Something else should be added.

• Like 1

Orrrrr here me out.

if a Jason doesn’t want Tommy to come back too early, then they shouldn’t spawn kill -_-

Tommy hasn’t worked fine, I’m not sure what delaying him would do, it would just give an unfair advantage to others.

ex: Player A dies first, then player B., it already sucks because they’re even in chances of coming back Asnières Tommy, even though I think it should be the first to die more often..

but now look, Delaying him would cause Players C,D and E to die before he’s chosen.

Now Players A and B who died early on have a bad chance at coming back, and someone who just died and didn’t have to wait the whole round gets too.

I’m very annoyed at the fact that people can die minutes into rounds and get chosen to come back when I or others have been dead for 15 minutes now

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

2. Add a recolored fuse, forcing the Tommy radio to require an additional part to be called

3. Force 'kill squads' aka any lobby these days to actually escape rather than suicide or fake die in order to get Tommy. If nobody escapes with a vehicle/boat or a police escape, nobody gets Tommy

They aren't going to give Jason the location of his generator on match start. Something else should be added.

Those are some strong suggestions.  I doubt they are going to add a new fuse, but starting with the generators off, or even just a single random one, would be a nice twist. :D

I think delaying his arrival to rage isn't a good idea and defeats the purpose of Tommy in the first place. Tommy is supposed to help counselors escape, not just be a key to killing Jason. If you're having issues with groups going after a Jason kill, then may I suggest knocking out a few power boxes and trapping them to prevent Tommy's arrival in the first place?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siph said:

I think delaying his arrival to rage isn't a good idea and defeats the purpose of Tommy in the first place. Tommy is supposed to help counselors escape, not just be a key to killing Jason. If you're having issues with groups going after a Jason kill, then may I suggest knocking out a few power boxes and trapping them to prevent Tommy's arrival in the first place?

Good to see you’re on the same page as me with tommy helping others escape. It’s a beautiful thing when a tommy comes in and actually uses his hero role 

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, GeneiJin said:

Tommy is real effective in the right hands???  LOL He's downright a Nightmare when a good player is in control.  Yes, his help is appreciate could be appreciated early on, but perhaps both typical and kill-squad lobbies alike should be self-relent without him, and as long a one female is left, Tommy is never useless (useless players on the other hand....:rolleyes:)

Even without female players Tommy is not useless. He can still help the boys escape, or distract Jason and run him around the map so others can survive the night by default. There is more than one way to be "the hero"... and no hero can save everyone every time... but that does not make them any less a hero, at least they tried.

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:00 AM, tyrant666 said:

Didn't they say they are not going to alter the power boxes a while back? Starting counselors in the dark is a bad idea for anyone not using the no fear build anyway... think of the squeakers!
    A new fuse?... "New" is a problem... but they could use the same fuse icons they have for the phone... but it is still a bad idea to start counselors in the dark. The squeakers will cry a river of tears and flood the camp out. The biggest problem with this idea... it will probably create a new bug in which the power always starts out as "off" in all areas of camp. Hard mode for counselors at least... unless they are running no fear perks... then, not so hard.
    Your third idea is brilliant in my opinion... Only allowing Tommy to be chosen from those who have already escaped does force kill squads to actually do something else to achieve their overly easy Jason kill... It would also be funny to hear them cry about not being selected as Tommy after killing themselves in a trap set by someone else. Escapes can happen VERY early on anyway if players actually work together and try to escape.