Jump to content

Recommended Posts

One of the biggest changes with Jason dealing with " piñata Parties" has been Jason's new Post-Rage properties.  While that does it's job discouraging gangbangs on Jason (or punishes them for giving him rage early), it doesn't to much preventing Jason kill.  I like the Jason Kill, as I think it's threat helps keep this game interesting, and generally don't have a problem with the mechanic itself.  My problem is Jason has limited options if say Tommy is on the map and everyone else is all in to killing Jason.  For example, Tommy call get off for free in the opening minutes, 2 players off themselves (since the suicide restriction is easily by-passable),  Tommy is on the map within 2 mins of the game, forms a harem party with 5 chicks w/ sharp thingys and bats, and march together to Jason's Shack, demasking Jason if he tries intrevine.  Really, Jason's only reliable counter-play is blocking the entrance of the shack, or become a fish, ether way unless the lobby decides to disband and do other things (unlikely since they got Jason beat), it'll just end up a boring 20mins and Jason going 0/8.  I have no problem if the Lobby tricks or distracts Jason with objectives while someone grabs the sweater, then Tommy manages to demask, but it seriously goes against the spirit of the game when counselors (especially if it's every last one) disregard all objectives and raid Jason's home.  Also Tommy doesn't need to be in the game within the first 2mins.  

In the past, I've and a few others here have suggested making the Tommy Radio known to Jason or remove it's RNG properties.  While having Tommy's arrival challenged and overcome can make Killing Jason feel deserved and earned, I'm sure many will have a issue with potentially never seeing Tommy and his handsome jawline again, especially with a Try-hard Jason hellbent in prevent him (like me >:D).  I can understand this, and it's nice to have hope for a chance of re-entering the game, especially to new players.  As a alternative, why not delay Tommy's arrival to Post-Rage, as I feel it would address the problem I outlined above.  Kill squads won't be able to off themselves quickly and guarantee Tommy, since by the time Jason gets rage likely more players are in the dead room to choose from.  Jason will also have more time to removing counselors before the possibility of dealing with the scenario Tommy + Sweater, reducing the number of possible sweater girls, helpers, and backup.  Sure, they can attempt to bully Jason early to bring Tommy into the game earlier, but a smart Jason will notice this, use his time wisely, and choose when it's time to fight.  Hey, perhaps the squad will actually fix something since they'll have nothing better to do while they wait for Tommy.  Tommy will also come into the game when he matters, helping those who haven't escape yet or the left alive.  While it doesn't actually make the Jason Kill itself harder, mechanics wise, it does add in more factors to consider, deter counselors from suiciding for Tommy, give Jason more time to prepare, and reduces the likely hood of squads tying to brute force the Jason-kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instead of having tommy come in post rage it’d be better to just make kill squads be forced to survive the night till 5 mins are left in the game. Jason should only be killable in the final 5 minutes. This will actually make the kill hard. 

I have a problem with tommy coming into the game post rage bc good Jason’s can sometimes clear lobbies before rage even hits and his hero role goes out the window

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Instead of having tommy come in post rage it’d be better to just make kill squads be forced to survive the night till 5 mins are left in the game. Jason should only be killable in the final 5 minutes. This will actually make the kill hard. 

I have a problem with tommy coming into the game post rage bc good Jason’s can sometimes clear lobbies before rage even hits and his hero role goes out the window

Waiting for the last 5 mins is too long for my liking though, lol. I often clear the lobby before I get rage as is, even against kill-squads, lol.  I have nothing against kill squads, in fact I've been a member in quite a few of them.  I dislike how brain-dead and non-tactical it can become.  Personally, I like Jason being proactive and making decisions on preventing or thwarting an kill attempt, and I believe this will be good for the Meta on both ends as oppose of letting a game timer handles it.  

I have no problem if Tommy is too late, lol.  Hero couldn't make it on time, game is over, next game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

Waiting for the last 5 mins is too long for my liking though, lol. I often clear the lobby before I get rage as is, even against kill-squads, lol.  I have nothing against kill squads, in fact I've been a member in quite a few of them.  I dislike how brain-dead and non-tactical it can become.  Personally, I like Jason being proactive and making decisions on preventing or thwarting an kill attempt, and I believe this will be good for the Meta on both ends as oppose of letting a game timer handles it.  

I have no problem if Tommy is too late, lol.  Hero couldn't make it on time, game is over, next game.

If too many think 5 min out is too long. 7-10 minutes out from end game of Jason being killable could be something everyone could be happy with. I highly doubt it tho, since kill squads are all a one trick pony. They’d all cry a river. Kill squads would have to come up with a better game plan then their current one and think more outside the box instead of just hunting Jason and that’s all. One member can waste of a ton of Jason’s time with car, sweater girl can go hide out till jason is killable, tommy can try repairing camp for others/or distracting Jason till it’s time to kill Jason. Kill squads would have to be a lot more productive and actually do something for once. 

Tommy coming in late just discourages his hero role. He’d often come in by the time there’s barely anyone left alive and people will just abuse his role more to escape solo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DontZzz34 said:

If too many think 5 min out is too long. 7-10 minutes out from end game of Jason being killable should be something everyone could be happy with. Kill squads would have to come up with a better game plan then their current one of just hunting Jason and that’s all. One member can waste of a ton of Jason’s time with car, sweater girl can go hide out till jason is killable, tommy can try repairing camp for others/or distracting Jason till it’s time to kill Jason. Kill squads would have to be a lot more productive and actually do something for once. 

Tommy coming in late just discourages his hero role. He’d often come in by the time there’s barely anyone left alive and people will just abuse his role more to escape solo

We are in general agreement here.  As is, it takes about 10 mins for Jason to enter Rage on his own.   Tying Tommy to Jason's rage activation would allow a game on who dictates Tommy's arrival.  For example, if Jason shuts down the Tommy call and secures it, he can purposely take hits get getting to rage sooner.  Otherwise, if Tommy is called, Jason plays more conservative, avoiding needless conflict with those looking to both demask him and get him into rage faster, picking out any valuable counselor until then.  I feel if Jason is outplayed and fails to make the right decisions and actions, the death is warranted.

I actually think delaying Tommy arrival heightens his roles.  Hero's typically makes their entrance at the most dire times and on the closing act.  If only one or two counselors are left, an OP character with a PK, spray, stunning weapon, and the power to kill Jason is greatly appreciated.  Yes some n00b or selfish player can attempt to leave alone, but that is nothing new, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

We are in general agreement here.  As is, it takes about 10 mins for Jason to enter Rage on his own.   Tying Tommy to Jason's rage activation would allow a game on who dictates Tommy's arrival.  For example, if Jason shuts down the Tommy call and secures it, he can purposely take hits get getting to rage sooner.  Otherwise, if Tommy is called, Jason plays more conservative, avoiding needless conflict with those looking to both demask him and get him into rage faster, picking out any valuable counselor until then.  I feel if Jason is outplayed and fails to make the right decisions and actions, the death is warranted.

I actually think delaying Tommy arrival heightens his roles.  Hero's typically makes their entrance at the most dire times and on the closing act.  If only one or two counselors are left, an OP character with a PK, spray, stunning weapon, and the power to kill Jason is greatly appreciated.  Yes some n00b or selfish player can attempt to leave alone, but that is nothing new, lol.

I can see ur point. I just think it’d really help a team if tommy came in earlier. Tommy is real effective in the right hands. Good op Jason’s can wipe lobby’s in 10 min or less so tommy coming in around that time frame I find it makes his role useless. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DontZzz34 said:

I can see ur point. I just think it’d really help a team if tommy came in earlier. Tommy is real effective in the right hands. Good op Jason’s can wipe lobby’s in 10 min or less so tommy coming in around that time frame I find it makes his role useless. 

Tommy is real effective in the right hands???  LOL He's downright a Nightmare when a good player is in control.  Yes, his help is appreciate could be appreciated early on, but perhaps both typical and kill-squad lobbies alike should be self-relent without him, and as long a one female is left, Tommy is never useless (useless players on the other hand....:rolleyes:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1. Disable all the genarators to start, making the Tommy call harder

2. Add a recolored fuse, forcing the Tommy radio to require an additional part to be called

3. Force 'kill squads' aka any lobby these days to actually escape rather than suicide or fake die in order to get Tommy. If nobody escapes with a vehicle/boat or a police escape, nobody gets Tommy

Tommy should be earned, not a given 10 seconds into match start.

They aren't going to give Jason the location of his generator on match start. Something else should be added.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Orrrrr here me out.

 

if a Jason doesn’t want Tommy to come back too early, then they shouldn’t spawn kill -_-

 

 

Tommy hasn’t worked fine, I’m not sure what delaying him would do, it would just give an unfair advantage to others.

ex: Player A dies first, then player B., it already sucks because they’re even in chances of coming back Asnières Tommy, even though I think it should be the first to die more often..

but now look, Delaying him would cause Players C,D and E to die before he’s chosen.

Now Players A and B who died early on have a bad chance at coming back, and someone who just died and didn’t have to wait the whole round gets too.

I’m very annoyed at the fact that people can die minutes into rounds and get chosen to come back when I or others have been dead for 15 minutes now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

1. Disable all the genarators to start, making the Tommy call harder

2. Add a recolored fuse, forcing the Tommy radio to require an additional part to be called

3. Force 'kill squads' aka any lobby these days to actually escape rather than suicide or fake die in order to get Tommy. If nobody escapes with a vehicle/boat or a police escape, nobody gets Tommy

Tommy should be earned, not a given 10 seconds into match start.

They aren't going to give Jason the location of his generator on match start. Something else should be added.

 

Those are some strong suggestions.  I doubt they are going to add a new fuse, but starting with the generators off, or even just a single random one, would be a nice twist. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think delaying his arrival to rage isn't a good idea and defeats the purpose of Tommy in the first place. Tommy is supposed to help counselors escape, not just be a key to killing Jason. If you're having issues with groups going after a Jason kill, then may I suggest knocking out a few power boxes and trapping them to prevent Tommy's arrival in the first place?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siph said:

I think delaying his arrival to rage isn't a good idea and defeats the purpose of Tommy in the first place. Tommy is supposed to help counselors escape, not just be a key to killing Jason. If you're having issues with groups going after a Jason kill, then may I suggest knocking out a few power boxes and trapping them to prevent Tommy's arrival in the first place?

Good to see you’re on the same page as me with tommy helping others escape. It’s a beautiful thing when a tommy comes in and actually uses his hero role 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 10:12 PM, GeneiJin said:

Tommy is real effective in the right hands???  LOL He's downright a Nightmare when a good player is in control.  Yes, his help is appreciate could be appreciated early on, but perhaps both typical and kill-squad lobbies alike should be self-relent without him, and as long a one female is left, Tommy is never useless (useless players on the other hand....:rolleyes:)

   Even without female players Tommy is not useless. He can still help the boys escape, or distract Jason and run him around the map so others can survive the night by default. There is more than one way to be "the hero"... and no hero can save everyone every time... but that does not make them any less a hero, at least they tried.
 

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 6:00 AM, tyrant666 said:

1. Disable all the genarators to start, making the Tommy call harder

2. Add a recolored fuse, forcing the Tommy radio to require an additional part to be called

3. Force 'kill squads' aka any lobby these days to actually escape rather than suicide or fake die in order to get Tommy. If nobody escapes with a vehicle/boat or a police escape, nobody gets Tommy

Tommy should be earned, not a given 10 seconds into match start.

They aren't going to give Jason the location of his generator on match start. Something else should be added.

 

    Didn't they say they are not going to alter the power boxes a while back? Starting counselors in the dark is a bad idea for anyone not using the no fear build anyway... think of the squeakers!
    A new fuse?... "New" is a problem... but they could use the same fuse icons they have for the phone... but it is still a bad idea to start counselors in the dark. The squeakers will cry a river of tears and flood the camp out. The biggest problem with this idea... it will probably create a new bug in which the power always starts out as "off" in all areas of camp. Hard mode for counselors at least... unless they are running no fear perks... then, not so hard.
    Your third idea is brilliant in my opinion... Only allowing Tommy to be chosen from those who have already escaped does force kill squads to actually do something else to achieve their overly easy Jason kill... It would also be funny to hear them cry about not being selected as Tommy after killing themselves in a trap set by someone else. Escapes can happen VERY early on anyway if players actually work together and try to escape.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2019 at 8:17 PM, GeneiJin said:

Waiting for the last 5 mins is too long for my liking though, lol. I often clear the lobby before I get rage as is, even against kill-squads, lol.  I have nothing against kill squads, in fact I've been a member in quite a few of them.  I dislike how brain-dead and non-tactical it can become.  Personally, I like Jason being proactive and making decisions on preventing or thwarting an kill attempt, and I believe this will be good for the Meta on both ends as oppose of letting a game timer handles it.  

I have no problem if Tommy is too late, lol.  Hero couldn't make it on time, game is over, next game.

Lol rage mode doesn't kick in until there are only 5 minutes left if you don't beat on Jason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol rage mode doesn't kick in until there are only 5 minutes left if you don't beat on Jason

I get that.  My thinking was that there is a benefit (hopefully not a Jommy Tarvis :P ) to the counselors once Jason gets Rage, as well as early protection for Jason from the Jason kill.  There would need to some adjustments, at least if it was up to me, in terms of default Rage time, how much stun or hits contribute to rage, maybe just set Jason on a timer for Rage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I get that.  My thinking was that there is a benefit (hopefully not a Jommy Tarvis :P ) to the counselors once Jason gets Rage, as well as early protection for Jason from the Jason kill.  There would need to some adjustments, at least if it was up to me, in terms of default Rage time, how much stun or hits contribute to rage, maybe just set Jason on a timer for Rage.

Idk I kind of like the challenge of not beating on Jason unless I need stam. So I'm ok with it as is. But I'm speaking strictly from a league/tournament point of view when I say that. In competitive play, you're either going to escape long before rage, or you'll most likely be dead before rage kicks in anyway. Very few matches play out to 15 minutes. 

For quick play it really depends on the skill of the players. I've survived the night more often than I should have against plus shift Jasons. Even with lower Stam/speed counselors. As long as a kill is possible there will be plenty of kills in quick play. The range of skill is just too broad. That's not to say they don't need to make it harder though. I'm just not sure how they can. Rage mode sure didn't help that much. You may not be able to stun him in rage but the mask pops right off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Idk I kind of like the challenge of not beating on Jason unless I need stam. So I'm ok with it as is. But I'm speaking strictly from a league/tournament point of view when I say that. In competitive play, you're either going to escape long before rage, or you'll most likely be dead before rage kicks in anyway. Very few matches play out to 15 minutes. 

For quick play it really depends on the skill of the players. I've survived the night more often than I should have against plus shift Jasons. Even with lower Stam/speed counselors. As long as a kill is possible there will be plenty of kills in quick play. The range of skill is just too broad. That's not to say they don't need to make it harder though. I'm just not sure how they can. Rage mode sure didn't help that much. You may not be able to stun him in rage but the mask pops right off.

Well my suggestion helps Jason more than counselors, since they won't be able to get Tommy until post Rage.   Adjusting rage is more along the lines of when is the proper time to introduce Tommy.  Since counselors need to wait till rage, there is an actual incentive to fight and stun Jason, since it will bring Tommy into the game sooner.  Otherwise, Rage is unchanged in terms of it being being unstunnable (these days, it's unlikely I'll hold any weapon that isn't a machete, or axe for Tommy ;), I can also deal with Jason without him being stunnable).

Personally I see an nice layer added to the meta if these was introduced.  While I'm sure the weaker Jason's won't appreciate skilled counselors beating him into rage earlier (I suggest reducing rage gain from hits, which would also help counselors with more time for car escapes or phone calls) those that know how to combat counselors (strong Jason players) will take advantage of foolish attempts to fight him for an easy kill, clear the lobby before rage as to not even deal with Tommy, or likely less counselors to deal with once Tommy is on the map.  Kill squads will have to consider if they want to give Jason rage earlier or draw out the game until he arrives.   It would solve the issue of Jason being too vulnerable too early to a Jason kill attempt as well as elevate Tommy's impact since he's likely to come at a critical moment into the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

Well my suggestion helps Jason more than counselors, since they won't be able to get Tommy until post Rage.   Adjusting rage is more along the lines of when is the proper time to introduce Tommy.  Since counselors need to wait till rage, there is an actual incentive to fight and stun Jason, since it will bring Tommy into the game sooner.  Otherwise, Rage is unchanged in terms of it being being unstunnable (these days, it's unlikely I'll hold any weapon that isn't a machete ;), I can also deal with Jason without him being stunnable).

Personally I see an nice layer added to the meta if these was introduced.  While I'm sure the weaker Jason's won't appreciate skilled counselors beating him into rage earlier (I suggest reducing rage gain from hits, which would also help counselors with more time for car escapes or phone calls) those that know how to combat counselors (strong Jason players) will take advantage of foolish attempts to fight him for an easy kill, clear the lobby before rage as to not even deal with Tommy, or likely less counselors to deal with once Tommy is on the map.  Kill squads will have to consider if they want to give Jason rage earlier or draw out the game until he arrives.   It would solve the issue of Jason being too vulnerable too early to a Jason kill attempt as well as elevate Tommy's impact since he's likely to come at a critical moment into the game.

In quick play I have no issues with beating Jason into rage and surviving until Tommy gets back. Or beating Jason into rage and dying to come back. I really don't think it would  change anything. 

In competitive play it would make Jason even more over powered than he already is. Most competition Jason's can clear a lobby before rage now. And that includes the time it takes to Tommy box. Which would not even be an objective for them if all they had to do was end the match before rage. 

Again I think it's going to always boil down to skill. As long as it's possible, it's going to happen regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way we kill Jason is still very challenging for players you see if someone calls Tommy at the start and then they get kill by Jason they will not spawn in as Tommy right away, If Only one person is killed when Tommy is called they will not be spawned as Tommy a second player must die or the first player must 5 mins 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, UberJAson45 said:

The way we kill Jason is still very challenging for players you see if someone calls Tommy at the start and then they get kill by Jason they will not spawn in as Tommy right away, If Only one person is killed when Tommy is called they will not be spawned as Tommy a second player must die or the first player must 5 mins 

It's easy asf to kill an off host Jason. Even easier if he doesn't have much experience. Doesn't matter if it's 5 minutes or 15 minutes. If the Jason isn't experienced but the kill squad is, then he's as good as dead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

In quick play I have no issues with beating Jason into rage and surviving until Tommy gets back. Or beating Jason into rage and dying to come back. I really don't think it would  change anything. 

In competitive play it would make Jason even more over powered than he already is. Most competition Jason's can clear a lobby before rage now. And that includes the time it takes to Tommy box. Which would not even be an objective for them if all they had to do was end the match before rage. 

Again I think it's going to always boil down to skill. As long as it's possible, it's going to happen regularly.

In competitive play is where it would help the most.  As is, Jason being killed is largely determined by who gets to the Tommy radio first.  If Jason get it, it become guarded just like any other objective, however if its counselor, 2-3 kamakazi Jason for the mask, the rest, potential all sweater girls, stay together for Tommy.  Tommy spawns and quickly meet up with the group, ether at the shack or on the way.  Jason likely doesn't have rage yet, and even if he does, there is little counter-play besides doing something lame like body block the shack entrance or, for the love of God, hide in the ocean.  Killing Jason also shouldn't be main or primary objective of a lobby anyhow.  Escape first, once Jason enters rage and makes that difficult or impossible and Tommy is in the game, go for the Kill.

15 minutes ago, UberJAson45 said:

The way we kill Jason is still very challenging for players you see if someone calls Tommy at the start and then they get kill by Jason they will not spawn in as Tommy right away, If Only one person is killed when Tommy is called they will not be spawned as Tommy a second player must die or the first player must 5 mins 

Um... yea, this is common knowledge.   There are methods for counselors to die on their terms and still be a candidate for Tommy.  Tommy can still be on the map within the first 2 mins of the game.  Killing Jason isn't all that challenging.  Sure a strong Jasons makes it harder,  but if you want to go by anything, today I killed 2 150lvl  (not a true gauge of skill, but whatever) Jasons going solo in quick play with Jenny.  I took care of the demasking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

In competitive play is where it would help the most.  As is, Jason being killed is largely determined by who gets to the Tommy radio first.  If Jason get it, it become guarded just like any other objective, however if its counselor, 2-3 kamakazi Jason for the mask, the rest, potential all sweater girls, stay together for Tommy.  Tommy spawns and quickly meet up with the group, ether at the shack or on the way.  Jason likely doesn't have rage, and even if he does, there is little counter-play besides doing something lame like body block the shack entrance or, for the love of God, hide in the ocean.  Killing Jason also shouldn't be main or primary objective anyhow.  Escape first, once Jason enters rage and makes that difficult or impossible and Tommy is in the game, go for the Kill.

No.

League/tournaments have rules so Jason can't body block the shack. Or hide in the lake. Also usually only 2-3 counselors can actively engage him in combat at once. No gang bangs. Also these guys are exceptionally skilled at quick block. You're lucky if you even get the mask off most of the time. To put it another way: if you get Tommy called (even this is unlikely most of the time), get the mask off, get Tommy and sweater girl together and actually get the kill, then you've definitely earned it.

But on the other hand, you get more points from escaping than you do from killing Jason anyway. So as it currently is, you would only go for the kill as a last resort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

No.League/tournaments have rules so Jason can't body block the shack. Or hide in the lake. Also usually only 2-3 counselors can actively engage him in combat at once. No gang bangs. Also these guys are exceptionally skilled at quick block. You're lucky if you even get the mask off most of the time. To put it another way: if you get Tommy called (even this is unlikely most of the time), get the mask off, get Tommy and sweater girl together and actually get the kill, then you've definitely earned it.

But on the other hand, you get more points from escaping than you do from killing Jason anyway. So as it currently is, you would only go for the kill as a last resort.

I respect the fact there is a "League" that set standards for play in competition.  I wish the PC community was bigger and had more passion to organize such a thing here.  With that said, league rules do not reflect "standard" play, which every player selecting "Quick Play" is playing.  The rules set you've mentioned was put in place to cover the game design flaws, intended to have a fair playing ground for both sides.  QP there is no such thing, anything goes.  How it is now, a group of "meh" skilled (and generally toxic) players can easily kill a unprepared Jason.  I can kill almost any Jason I come across in any lobby given to me (as long as they are willing), and right now I'm doing it Solo with Jenny.  Jason needs at least another layer of protection from being killed, delaying Tommy is what I suggest.

I respect you opinion, however you seem biased (and likely attached) to how the league you belong to plays.  I assure you though, my suggestion isn't going to change much based on the rules you've mentioned, at least as far as I can tell, and league rules will adapt around changes made to the game. I'm jelly BTW, and if I ever get a PS4 I'll likely hit you up to be introduced to the "Tournament Play". 😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GeneiJin said:

I respect you opinion, however you seem biased (and likely attached) to how the league you belong to plays.  I assure you though, my suggestion isn't going to change much based on the rules you've mentioned, at least as far as I can tell. I'm jelly BTW, and if I ever get a PS4 I'll likely hit you up to be introduced to the "Tournament Play"

Not so much biased towards the rules. Just that anything they do to help average Jason out turns into a major buff to a competition Jason.  There are things that Jason can do now that average players don't know how to do. Competition Jason's are night and day different from anything you'll likely see in quick play. Also Tommy box locations aren't as random as you'd think. Tommy86 is working on a guide right now that will help with that. The rage buff would have killed competitive play except for the fact that matches generally don't last that long. 

I think the best way to go would be to bring meat shielding back and remove the off host combat stance delay that prevents quick block.

Lol I didn't intend to drag this out into a huge debate so I'll stop now. But I think small steps would be more beneficial than giant leaps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Not so much biased towards the rules. Just that anything they do to help average Jason out turns into a major buff to a competition Jason.  There are things that Jason can do now that average players don't know how to do. Competition Jason's are night and day different from anything you'll likely see in quick play.

Well, that would be biased on how you guys play :P lol.  Yes I'm aware of competition grade Jasons.  I try to learn as much as I can from whatever sources to improve my own.  I have a good routine to prevent Tommy, and while not entirely random, it does have elements that Jason isn't going to know ahead of time.  I'd imagine in a tournament setting every counselor would prioritize finding that Tower from their spawn location rather than looting first. 

33 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol I didn't intend to drag this out into a huge debate so I'll stop now. But I think small steps would be more beneficial than giant leaps.

I agree, it was a fun discussion but we should end it here.  My last words of this though, this isn't that big of a change as you say, well compared to that Rage Buff.  As you said in your games, you ether escape first or die before Jason gets rage, and also as you said Tommy is prevented most games, so delaying him isn't going to change the outcome much lol.  Besides, good players adapt.  Many players have bitched about the rage-buff, you and I have not.  I have faith my suggestion, as well as any other suggestions, gun or otherwise, that is placed in the game, we'll be fine.  :D

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...