Donmaz7

No pro Jason can stand against 7 counselors

Strategy for Hunting Parties

- Pick the location you want to fight at and have it prepped early, break every window but only one door on each cabin. That second locked door forces them out windows, or gives you opportunity to get a kill if they open it, Stalk/Shift to the front and grab if you see it getting opened, let’s you get the kill without being interrupted as the doorway can block swings, you just have to walk a step or two and execute them. 

- Limp them don’t kill them, if you do this they’ll burn through med spray early in the match and be running short later if they’re not careful. If they’re smart and communicate then they’ll realize what’s happening. Taunting them at this point is always fun.

- Collect ever knife you see, but don’t waste time, plan your routes to include them. Use them on guaranteed hits (like when someone jumps through a window) or to interrupt a swing then immediately punish them with a swing of your own.

- When you do start killing, do the girls first. This will probably be after Tommy is called but hopefully after you’ve drained their resources. Tommy or the Sweater Girl are your only targets after they are on scene. Try and kill the fastest or closest girls to the shack.

I don’t generally guard the Tommy box because I’m trapping my objectives and setting up part of the map to be a kill zone, it’s definitely a good strategy but not the only one. If you limp enough of them or they’re smart they’ll use your own traps to come back as Tommy and open an objective at the same time.

If you trap the shack put two side by side on the door otherwise they’ll just slip in or crouch around a single trap. I like Part 5, but you have to use block (which I’m still shit at) or you’ll get de-masked right after rage. Bait them into wasting shotguns if you can, they can be a real headache if you don’t. I’m sure there’s other things I’m forgetting.

• Like 2

Multi trap the shack if you start the match knowing they are Jason hunters or if it becomes obvious they are trying to demask you. If you're like me and trap objectives right away, I find it useful to save my last trap just in case of this, or if the car gets started to trap the driver door. 

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You can't. You commit suicide so your friend comes back as Tommy.

Or the two of you set traps for each other, you both go through broken windows til you're limping and then take the others' trap.

Voila, you're both dead, and neither of you suicide. 

Yeah, my KILL SQUAD will Flip U UP :D ha ha. Maybe Dev's will let you start the match with RAGE next Patch ;) 

Don't try to fight 7 of them. If you let them dictate how and where you engage you will lose. 

Ive beaten enough kill squads. Killing them via slashing with part 7 is easier

@Slasher_Clone

Great advice!  I do most of these too, but I usually destroy both doors of a cabin and set traps at both door entrances.

I'd also add, make sure power is destroyed at all times.  The extra fear the counselors accumulate can put you over the top.

• Like 1

Remember...

1 in 75 people...

These guys never thought killing Jason would become one of the top metas/win conditions of the game and they haven't acknowledged it since then.

The rage update is only a band aid and not even really one that addresses the same thing.

The only sliver of hope is they acknowledged mask hp but even then. Swift attacker basically makes Jason's combat null until their weapons break. Who thought giving counselors such a powerful perk like that was a good idea?

Why not just vastly decrease the weapon spawns in exchange for allowing melee weapons to stun Jason in rage but instantly break?

Eh...baby steps. Roof fix in 2019, cars in 2020, maybe in 2021 we can look forward to some changes to the balance of the game that aren't just band aids. Although they might need to address context kills first in 2021 before they get there, so maybe 2022.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

I'd also add, make sure power is destroyed at all times.  The extra fear the counselors accumulate can put you over the top.

Definitely 

Me and @DontZzz34  had a similar conversation before, and as I told him, I've concluded that one of the biggest problems for Jason is.. strangely... animations. Think about it... I guarantee 99% of you guys have seen at least one instance where Jason got stunned as he was performing some type of animation, be it breaking down a door, collecting a throwing knife, setting a trap down, trying to break a generator or the phone-box, etc... Lets not forget the grab-kill animations (and the grab itself if he misses) the animations of getting stunned by fireworks as well as the one for getting PK'ed, etc... All of these leave you open to attack and can get you demasked quick (especially if you grab someone, get PK'ed, and then get hit from behind just as you're coming out of the animation).

If I'm getting mobbed by counselors who are clearly looking for a Jason-kill, I don't swing my machete if I'm not in combat stance, and I don't grab PERIOD... no matter how tempting it is, or how much they're asking for it. Even if nobody can get to him in time, I still don't do it because he's probably got a PK and is waiting for me to grab them so they can heavy attack from behind once the stuns over. I get into CS and hold block continuously until I see an opening to release it, tap R2 to light attack, then go back to blocking (or an opportunity to come out of block, quick toss a throwing knife, then get back to blocking). If the counselors are smart, they'll refrain from hitting you until you release R1 (or they'll start shooting at you since you can't block gunshots). If they're stupid, they'll start wailing away while you're blocking. I know that eventually, your mask will break even if blocking, but their weapons will break long before that happens.

Edit: Speaking of stupidity, if you've already lost your mask but still decide to charge Tommy and Sweater-Girl anyway (or Shift right to them to try and score a slash or grab) you DESERVE to get killed. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 6:52 AM, Somethin Cool said:

You can't. You commit suicide so your friend comes back as Tommy.

Well, I got on the forums to discuss this. Just had a match were 4 suicided and one came back as Tommy. The only person I killed that match stayed dead.

Not sure how, but they did it.

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Remember...

1 in 75 people...

These guys never thought killing Jason would become one of the top metas/win conditions of the game and they haven't acknowledged it since then

Not only that, even to this day when they talk about the Jason kill, it seems they still have the notion that the steps required to do so are really hard to pull or that they don't happen to align that often. At least that's the perception I have about it unless they said otherwise recently. I don't expect them to be hardcore pros at their own game, but balancing the game especially in regard to the Jason kill when their group seems like they're just playing the game casually for the most part, I don't see that happening anytime soon or at all sadly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Me and @DontZzz34  had a similar conversation before, and as I told him, I've concluded that one of the biggest problems for Jason is.. strangely... animations. Think about it... I guarantee 99% of you guys have seen at least one instance where Jason got stunned as he was performing some type of animation, be it breaking down a door, collecting a throwing knife, setting a trap down, trying to break a generator or the phone-box, etc... Lets not forget the grab-kill animations (and the grab itself if he misses) the animations of getting stunned by fireworks as well as the one for getting PK'ed, etc... All of these leave you open to attack and can get you demasked quick (especially if you grab someone, get PK'ed, and then get hit from behind just as you're coming out of the animation).

I don't have a problem with Jason getting punished for a ill-timed commitment, but many here including myself suggested that Jason needs stun and damage immunity coming out of animations such as from any previous stun and coming out of a grab-kill.  It would be great too if they could make adjustments such as damage immunity (but not stun) when Jason pulls counselors out of car or crushes it

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Edit: Speaking of stupidity, if you've already lost your mask but still decide to charge Tommy and Sweater-Girl anyway (or Shift right to them to try and score a slash or grab) you DESERVE to get killed. 

I agree, but sadly,  with knowledgeable counselors and Jason, its a stall-mate situation once Sweater + Tommy and Jason's de-masked.  Jason cannot enter the sweater's radius if the player is spamming that activation button.  It's possible for Jason to time his shift to enter the sweater zone in a spot Tommy is unable to get in front of Jason, but that can be hard to judge, you to know the player is spamming the button to take advantage of, and they are willing to move out of a spot which clear from obstacles for the sweater.  Of course Jason can bait the counselors into a location such as a large cabin where a random object or wall may save you if they really want the kill.  However, many kill groups are content just staying in a safe location, spewing out insults or other toxic manners instead of playing Jason's game.

4 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I don't have a problem with Jason getting punished for a ill-timed commitment, but many here including myself suggested that Jason needs stun and damage immunity coming out of animations such as from any previous stun and coming out of a grab-kill.  It would be great too if they could make adjustments such as damage immunity (but not stun) when Jason pulls counselors out of car or crushes it

I agree, but sadly,  with knowledgeable counselors and Jason, its a stall-mate situation once Sweater + Tommy and Jason's de-masked.  Jason cannot enter the sweater's radius if the player is spamming that activation button.  It's possible for Jason to time his shift to enter the sweater zone in a spot Tommy is unable to get in front of Jason, but that can be hard to judge, you to know the player is spamming the button to take advantage of, and they are willing to move out of a spot which clear from obstacles for the sweater.  Of course Jason can bait the counselors into a location such as a large cabin where a random object or wall may save you if they really want the kill.  However, many kill groups are content just staying in a safe location, spewing out insults or other toxic manners instead of playing Jason's game.

If I've lost my mask and I know there's a Jason-kill attempt coming, I'm not going to jump in the lake, but I'm not going to attack them head-on either. I've had some success simply hiding in the phone cabin with Stalk on. If they think you've pussed out, they'll probably fix the phone (or possibly a car) as a backup in case they don't get the kill. Unless they are a VERY dedicated and organized group, they WILL eventually wander off from each other. Think about how many times you've been helping kill Jason and seen SG or Tommy do something absolutely stupid. I've lost count of the number of "Stay together, if you separate Jason's going to kill one of you and ruin the kill" PMs I've sent either SG or Tommy (or BOTH) while spectating, only to switch back to them a couple of minutes later just in time to see Jason murder one or the other.

If I ever write a guide on killing Jason, the very first sentence is going to be: "Tommy and Sweater-Girl should stay within arms reach of each other at all times and never wander off alone for any reason".

• Like 1

I think the main issue is people are too comfortable around Jason. Idk how to fix it other than the more you’re around him, the blacker the screen gets till they can’t see anything. I don’t mind the dancing shit. But let’s be real, no one is going act like being 2 ft from the king is a fucking disco tea bag party. And seriously,  3-5 wacks w a machete, getting the sweater and tommy w an axe is all you need to kill the man? C’mon. Way too easy. Easy enough that basically, it’s what the meta is.  Idk, I’ve always rooted for JV so I’m a little biased so I hate how easy it is for people myself included to make him look like a bitch

3 minutes ago, NickersLarge said:

I think the main issue is people are too comfortable around Jason. Idk how to fix it other than the more you’re around him, the blacker the screen gets till they can’t see anything. I don’t mind the dancing shit. But let’s be real, no one is going act being 2 ft from the king is a fucking disco party. And seriously,  3-5 wacks w a machete, getting the sweater and tommy w and axe is all you need to kill the man? C’mon. Way too easy. Easy enough that basically, it’s what the meta is.  Idk, I’ve always rooted for JV so I’m a little biased so I hate how easy it is for people myself included to make him look like a bitch

If they changed it to the more you’re around him the blacker your screen gets would make it unfair to be able to survive the the night/or handle long chases by getting tunneled. They’re better off just improving Jason’s combat stance and buffing mask hp. Counselors have a superior combat stance vs Jason’s 

I know myself and others have brought this up before, but there is a reason the Xenomorph from Alien: Isolation is so scary to play against: If you try to fight it, it will kill you like a bitch. Even with the flamethrower, most players will continue to stay out of sight as much as possible and avoid it at all costs. Can you imagine how utterly stupid it would look if you could whack the Xenomorph with a wrench and stun it? Let alone if you tried to tea-bag it while stunned? If you could, it would effectively remove any reason to be afraid of it. You want Jason to be scary? Buff him until fighting Jason = death assurance.

• Like 1

Pro counselors still make a fool of Jason but I think the answer is not to keep buffing Jason's mechanics but tweaking certain mechanics to make the counselors more vulnerable.

Get rid of the window force fields. They are atrocious. A counselor can stand on the other side of an open window, you throw a knife through the open window, and the knife gets absorbed by the force field, either it lands in midair and does nothing, or rather than traveling through the window to hit the counselors, it breaks the window... through an open window.

Force fields are the #1 problem with the game. Also improve Jason's combat mechanics because last time I played we still had the non-host combat glitch where Jason drops his block every time he blocks an attack, but that doesn't effect the host when the host is Jason. Fix that shit. You literally can't block to save your life, because your block will become undone... atrocious.

• Like 2

Combat Stance use to be effective, instant block no delay and no delay swinging out of block.I always read the reason they messed with the combat stance mechanics was to try and "cure" the "Sliding teleport" exploit  which it didn't. I don't know how true that is. I don't know why they just can't  revert it back to the old mechanics.

11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Buff him until fighting Jason = death assurance.

Oh but that would upset the masses.LOL You go on the Steam forum for this game and Sogreth (he posts here as well) would have a conniption fit if they buffed Jason that much along with a few people on this board as well. Some  people already think he's too OP now and want the rage buff removed..

10 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Oh but that would upset the masses.LOL You go on the Steam forum for this game and Sogreth (he posts here as well) would have a conniption fit if they buffed Jason that much along with a few people on this board as well. Some  people already think he's too OP now and want the rage buff removed..

Some people can go blow dead bears.

Edit: 

Know where your shack is relative to your current location. If you see sound rings appearing far off in the distance, check the map to see if it's coming from the direction of your shack. If it is, Stalk-Morph there ASAP. Don't wait until you get the alert.

As a whole, you should avoid grabbing Tommy or Sweater-Girl. This goes double for grabbing them when they're together. If they're alone, however, then yes, grab them if possible. This gets at least one of their PK's out of the way, but remember that they may choose to retaliate by attacking you just after you come of of the animation. If you've already taken a fair amount of damage, this might break your mask. 

Sometimes you'll run into a situation where you'll be confronted by more than one counselor. This doesn't always mean a kill is being planned, but assume that it does anyway, especially if they're armed with machetes and axes. Use combat stance and block everything you possibly can. After you block, tap R2 to counterattack. If you decide to grab, at least make sure nobody is close enough to reach you in time. Stay in combat stance and continue holding block as you advance to within range. A lot of Jason's have difficulty going from blocking to grabbing, but it's actually pretty easy to do. Just continue to hold R1 and once they're in range, click L3 (as if you were going to run/power-walk towards them) and grab with L2. 

No matter what some people may claim, trapping the shack DOES help you. I know some people say it's pointless because they can just disarm the trap or simply tank it and heal up, but if you can force them to use a med spray or PK, it's not pointless. 

If you lose your mask at any point, for any reason, assume a kill attempt is coming unless Tommy or the female counselors (all of them) are dead. If somebody picks up your mask, (female OR male) teleport back to the shack, turn on Stalk, and wait for a couple of minutes. If nobody comes your way, go back to hunting counselors but keep a close eye on your shack. You may want to pay a surprise visit to it every few minutes just to be sure nobody is loitering around it.

If the sweater DOES get taken, hunt that bitch down like a dog. Forget about the cars and telephone, killing sweater-girl is your only priority (unless you somehow get an easy opportunity to kill Tommy. If he's dead, the sweater is pointless)

Finally, for fucks sake please don't do what this Jason did (skip to the last couple of minutes):

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I know myself and others have brought this up before, but there is a reason the Xenomorph from Alien: Isolation is so scary to play against: If you try to fight it, it will kill you like a bitch. Even with the flamethrower, most players will continue to stay out of sight as much as possible and avoid it at all costs. Can you imagine how utterly stupid it would look if you could whack the Xenomorph with a wrench and stun it? Let alone if you tried to tea-bag it while stunned? If you could, it would effectively remove any reason to be afraid of it. You want Jason to be scary? Buff him until fighting Jason = death assurance.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Buffing him to that point would be too far. Counselors need to still have a fair chance. I do agree he needs things fixed to be more of a threat though.

I want the rage buff removed because it was a garbage band aid fix. But that's a separate issue. 

11 minutes ago, thrawn3054 said:

Buffing him to that point would be too far. Counselors need to still have a fair chance. I do agree he needs things fixed to be more of a threat though.

I want the rage buff removed because it was a garbage band aid fix. But that's a separate issue. 

The Rage buff needs to stay where it is. No, it didn't make Jason any scarier. No, it didn't make getting the kill harder. No, it didn't make him more effective against groups. What it DID do was end the pinata parties and force counselors to come up with a strategy that isn't centered on chain-stunning him for 20 minutes. 

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Just because people think  iJason s overpowered, doesn't mean it is true. It is just a matter of perspective.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The Rage buff needs to stay where it is. No, it didn't make Jason any scarier. No, it didn't make getting the kill harder. No, it didn't make him more effective against groups. What it DID do was end the pinata parties and force counselors to come up with a strategy that isn't centered on chain-stunning him for 20 minutes. 

That reason alone justifies the significance of the patch. It may not be perfect, but at least the 20 minute pinata parties are done.

Hopefully, one day we will see Jason truly be as scary as he should be, while at the same time, still defeating him on occasion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I agree that a change was needed. Unfortunately this wasn't it. They need to fix his combat mechanics rather then saying okay you were pummeled enough.