JayTee

Quick Match to work like "Call Of Duty"

In Call Of Duty, if you can't find a match that suitable to your ping (they normally search <20ms, <40ms, <60ms, <80ms, <100ms) and if they can't find a game under 100 ping they put you in your own private lobby, free for other people to join who are nearby to you as well. I think friday should work like this, by maybe even going up to 150 (150 max, over 150 is pretty unplayable), so that if there is no server or lobby with other players suitable, it'll put you in your own lobby to start a match.

This would be PERFECT for Australians specifically, putting us in our own lobby, possibly by ourselves but then when other australians are searching they also join that lobby and it fills up with people from the same country / surrounding country with low ping which would be perfect

I would love this added to the game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

So these would be only based on character pings?

By character pings to u mean peer-to-peer? I'm assuming it would just ping off the servers like e.g. it was see oh this server you would have 63 ping if you joined so it'll join that if it's the lowest ping available one.

But feel free to fill me in.

On 7/3/2019 at 8:10 AM, JayTee said:

In Call Of Duty, if you can't find a match that suitable to your ping (they normally search <20ms, <40ms, <60ms, <80ms, <100ms) and if they can't find a game under 100 ping they put you in your own private lobby, free for other people to join who are nearby to you as well. I think friday should work like this, by maybe even going up to 150 (150 max, over 150 is pretty unplayable), so that if there is no server or lobby with other players suitable, it'll put you in your own lobby to start a match.

This would be PERFECT for Australians specifically, putting us in our own lobby, possibly by ourselves but then when other australians are searching they also join that lobby and it fills up with people from the same country / surrounding country with low ping which would be perfect

I would love this added to the game.

The other option would be for players from a certain part of the world to reach out to players in the same part of the world. Several of the social media platforms have sparked LFG movements.

The lawsuit kinda ties the hands of Gun and Black Tower as far as what they can implement regarding the game. if something like this could be a thing, it would hopefully come after the major bugs that need to be worked out first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

The other option would be for players from a certain part of the world to reach out to players in the same part of the world. Several of the social media platforms have sparked LFG movements.

Eh.... its pretty hard, I've tried starting an aussie group for this thing but its hard to get everyone involved. It shouldn't really be necessary

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

The lawsuit kinda ties the hands of Gun and Black Tower as far as what they can implement regarding the game. if something like this could be a thing, it would hopefully come after the major bugs that need to be worked out first.

This wouldn't really have anything to do with the lawsuit though. It's a game server feature, not anything to do with f13th series

Just now, JayTee said:

Eh.... its pretty hard, I've tried starting an aussie group for this thing but its hard to get everyone involved. It shouldn't really be necessary

This wouldn't really have anything to do with the lawsuit though. It's a game server feature, not anything to do with f13th series

I'll reach out to a couple of people on social media. If I get a bite, I'll let you know.

As far as your matchmaking request to be implemented by Gun, we'll see what happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Fair Play said:

I'll reach out to a couple of people on social media. If I get a bite, I'll let you know.

As far as your matchmaking request to be implemented by Gun, we'll see what happens.

Alright thanks :)