Sign in to follow this  
Wellhiya

A question about thwarting roofers

I actually don’t run into them much at all for whatever reason. But on a few occasions when I saw fellow councilors attempting it, I tried to mess them up bye hiding the traps in the woods, but if they already had the trap set, I was unable to pick it up. Any reason why? Is there something I can do to make it so I can pick the trap up?

You can't pick up a trap if it's already set. But you can use a pocketknife to dis-arm a trap, or you can just walk over it and heal yourself afterwards if you have a health spray.

6 hours ago, Wellhiya said:

I actually don’t run into them much at all for whatever reason. But on a few occasions when I saw fellow councilors attempting it, I tried to mess them up bye hiding the traps in the woods, but if they already had the trap set, I was unable to pick it up. Any reason why? Is there something I can do to make it so I can pick the trap up?

I think it’s a bug, with the glitch if they already did it it probably will be impossible to reset it until they finish what they’re doing sadly. 

• Thanks 1

@Wellhiya

If you are unable to pick up the trap, it means someone is in the process of using the glitch to rubber band onto a roof. 

You'd have to wait until they get on the roof they're aiming for or screw up, then you'd be able to pick the trap up. 

10 minutes ago, SirMang said:

If you are unable to pick up the trap, it means someone is in the process of using the glitch to rubber band onto a roof. 

You'd have to wait until they get on the roof they're aiming for or screw up, then you'd be able to pick the trap up. 

This is 100% correct.
Once you go into "glitch mode" nobody can do anything with that specific trap until they sling shot on the roof,  mess up or get knock out of that glitched state like if Jason hits them with a throwing knife or hits them period  or death.

• Like 1

I tried stopping a guy from doing it on Pinehurst , so i stayed on top of the stairs landing and prevented him for a while , but he was able to do it from the 2nd or 3rd step down from the landing , i never knew that . 

Surprisingly with all the new players, I haven't seen any glitchers yet. Think that's the kinda things players start to do when they get bored with a game. Right now everyone is new to it and enjoying for what it is. That hotfix is coming out this year though right??? 😁

3 hours ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Surprisingly with all the new players, I haven't seen any glitchers yet. Think that's the kinda things players start to do when they get bored with a game. Right now everyone is new to it and enjoying for what it is. That hotfix is coming out this year though right??? 😁

I am sure we will see the hotfix, hopefully before year's end.