Sign in to follow this  
kohagan

Ps4 playerbase

This is probably the closest anybody has got to actual players numbers for ps4 on game stat, which uses the my ps4 life  to calculate these figures and comes with a 15% margin of error. 

Total player count 8,900,000

New players 15 may - 15 June - 100,000

http://gamstat.com/games/

100,000 new players in the past month? Sure, Jan. 100k new players yet I keep getting put in lobbies with the exact same groups of teaming players and trolls literally every day. “Oh, there’s __________ and his buddies, yep they’re all blocked.” 100,000 new players my ass when there are probably 50k players across the entire globe that even play the game at all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

100,000 new players in the past month? Sure, Jan. 100k new players yet I keep getting put in lobbies with the exact same groups of teaming players and trolls literally every day. “Oh, there’s __________ and his buddies, yep they’re all blocked.” 100,000 new players my ass when there are probably 50k players across the entire globe that even play the game at all.

Read how it's calculated 

http://gamstat.com/how/

At least there is is a formula as how to work out player counts rather than speculating based on pretty much nothing. I personally never see the same ps4 players day in day out and nearly all of them are 1-30 in level range. 

Yet, it is literally how many new people have played the game that month, got a trophy etc whether this is single player or mp and they could never log in again. So it's not saying that this is 100% the amount of people active online but overall gives an Indictation that the playerbase on ps4 is healthy. 

Also when the game dropped for the ps plus subscribers it isn't uncommon for people to only start playing them at a later date, which I often do myself due to a backlog. 

I also play in the EU servers. 

Relatively new to this game, i assume you mean campers teaming with jason (forgive my ignorance).

I havent experienced this just yet but i did have a moment where i couldnt help but laugh yesterday where i had found a camper and his friend, i chose to single out the one who kept screaming 'jason please dont hurt me we can be friends' this carried on for at least 5 minutes (i repeat im new, also i enjoyed toying with this person like a maniacal killer would do). only once i had finished with this individual did his friend run straight into my grip only to begin begging that i let him survive until the end of the round, i instead opted to see what his insides looked like. 

Playing on PS4  myself and i struggle to find a lobby with more than 4 players in, this makes games very short with me still struggling to find the required items to escape (Curse of the Noob).

I’m sorry but I highly doubt that PlayStation got 100k new people in the past month, when we’ve been living on pc (up until a week ago) with 200-300 daily for about a year. 

Not sure where these stats are coming from but I highly doubt they are correct sadly

I don't know if it's 100k but I have been running into so many new players on PS4 in public lobbies. 

@Brogan322

Same.  Played a few rounds last night and actually saw 2 fresh newbies to the game.  Level 1 no XP. 

They also added F13 in the PS4 store to the Playstation Hits catalog, not sure if that's why we been seeing so many new players. I just only realized today it was is the catalog, but maybe it's been in there a while and I just didn't see it. LOL

Sure the numbers might be way off, but my experience on ps4 has been that I rarely run into the same player twice and in the past few months I am seeing a ton of players under level 30, and it’s rare I have to wait 3 min for a match. I always restart after a minute wait and usually enter match after first restart.

edit: missed some words

edit 2: west coast USA fyi 

I've also met alot of newbies on the EU-servers /PS4. Been trying to give them advice etc,. Though unfortunately we usually (In qp) have a few experienced dicks who beat down or kill these baby-Jasons calling them trash or whatnot while making sure that these newbies are never playing again... So I believe the number of new players is high, they are just not staying with the game. 

I have a policy that I never kill or shit talk a baby-Jason. The opposite! Lets try to grow the playerbase, not discourage it. 

On 7/1/2019 at 2:22 PM, SteadyGosling said:

I’m sorry but I highly doubt that PlayStation got 100k new people in the past month, when we’ve been living on pc (up until a week ago) with 200-300 daily for about a year. 

Not sure where these stats are coming from but I highly doubt they are correct sadly

read where the stats are coming from and calculated (click the link) http://gamstat.com/how/

Why would it be at all in comparison to pc numbers? For a start, it was given away for ps plus subscribers (over 36 million) it's on game stat that it uses the precise number of players (which is revealed by Sony via my ps4 life videos) who earned a particular trophy to initiate the calculation. 

Not only that but f13th was the third highest selling ps4 game digitally in the US alone in 2017, just think about that for a moment, also its now in the greatest hits and on sale in UK for £3.99.

Id say 100k new players globally  (even if 90% played offline only or only played once and never again) based on all of this together is certainly plausible - saying just because pc has 300 players isn't. 

11 hours ago, lasse_hei said:

I've also met alot of newbies on the EU-servers /PS4. Been trying to give them advice etc,. Though unfortunately we usually (In qp) have a few experienced dicks who beat down or kill these baby-Jasons calling them trash or whatnot while making sure that these newbies are never playing again... So I believe the number of new players is high, they are just not staying with the game. 

I have a policy that I never kill or shit talk a baby-Jason. The opposite! Lets try to grow the playerbase, not discourage it. 

That's the right attitude to have. Encourage and help the new generation of players to grow in this game, and a few more might stick around.

7 hours ago, kohagan said:

read where the stats are coming from and calculated (click the link) http://gamstat.com/how/

Why would it be at all in comparison to pc numbers? For a start, it was given away for ps plus subscribers (over 36 million) it's on game stat that it uses the precise number of players (which is revealed by Sony via my ps4 life videos) who earned a particular trophy to initiate the calculation. 

Not only that but f13th was the third highest selling ps4 game digitally in the US alone in 2017, just think about that for a moment, also its now in the greatest hits and on sale in UK for £3.99.

Id say 100k new players globally  (even if 90% played offline only or only played once and never again) based on all of this together is certainly plausible - saying just because pc has 300 players isn't. 

The number of new players that are added to the player base only matters, if they feel compelled to stick around.

• Like 1