SteadyGosling

Tips on Environmental Kills. How to not glitch out.

After some testing I have a couple tips that seem to be helping me out when it comes to the recent environmental kills being glitched out. I’ve been managing to get kills to work now finally, and it’s been a lot easier.

1.Know your positioning. For example, the lawn chairs on packanack porch. During the kill Jason starts at the front of them, so be at the front when you hit E or A or X to start the kill. This will likely help any positioning errors.

2.STAY STILL. Lord almighty, when you move around when you hit the button to start the kill, you cause a position error and stop the kill. Most of the time, I realized this is why they were happening for me, because I was moving slightly while hitting E. 

3.Avoid ones we know are completely broke. Ex:Coat racks, they are completely broken and I can’t get them to work at all. 

4.Get close, don’t try and start a kill when you can just barely get in range of the button. This will help the game from needing to teleport Jason closer to the kill area, and help position errors.

5. Don’t spam, I’ve found that hitting the button once as opposed to getting tense and spamming it out of desperation tends to help a bit.

Hopefully I’ve helped you out a bit. 

Lets talk about why this is happening, personally have you noticed every time an environmental happens, Jason gets teleported a bit towards the kill? My theory is that the slightest bit of movement during this sequence can cancel it and cause the kill to glitch out, thus why when it happens you can still hear the audio, but your models are back to normal. This is the positioning I’ve mentioned many times above. 

Good luck counselours! 

8DB51A46-8ACB-4326-91DF-2F1731848F7A.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the tips. I’ll have to try these out. I’ve gotten some to work by accident lately when I was going for a grab kill but when I try to purposely do one it fails all the time 😂 

Thanks for the tips, but I think I’ll continue using Jason’s 4 stored kills. At times it can be a chore catching somebody only for the kill to glitch. 

It’s Pretty sad us as players have to figure out work arounds a for the devs incompetence. The price I paid for this game & the amount of game breaking glitches we have been forced to live with for 6+ months at a time is completely unprofessional & unacceptable. Yet you will STILL find a hand full of members here defending them. 

By the time this actually gets fixed, almost nobody will care as they’ve adapted to only using the 4 grab kills they start the game with.

• Like 1

UPDATE: I recently found out that even the way you are looking on your screen can affect the kill. Looking to the left all the way when initiating a window kill may cause it to glitch out! 

Thanks for the tips. But to be blunt, this is complete bullshit. GUN is ridiculous for not fixing this IMMEDIATELY. Or for even letting it get this way to begin with. This game is broken. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BlkHawk said:

Yet you will STILL find a hand full of members here defending them. 

By the time this actually gets fixed, almost nobody will care as they’ve adapted to only using the 4 grab kills they start the game with.

I confess, I am a defender and I will give a brief reason. Gun is a small studio with limited resources, I paid $30 for a title no AAA studio would touch, no Gun - no F13th. I got more then my money’s worth from one of my favorite licenses. If a AAA studio with almost unlimited resources can’t release complete games and/of fix their glitches, why should I expect Gun to perform better? Not to mention all maps and Jason’s have been free.

I am frustrated with the state of the game/lawsuit too.  Just wanted to drop my 2 cents.

• Thanks 1

On 6/29/2019 at 9:31 AM, SteadyGosling said:

Lets talk about why this is happening

The Devs don't know what the fuck they're doing. End of conversation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The Devs don't know what the fuck they're doing. End of conversation.

I made a similar post to this yesterday, and either the mods deleted it, or deleted the entire thread it was in. Real cool of 'em to do that.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

I made a similar post to this yesterday, and either the mods deleted it, or deleted the entire thread it was in. Real cool of 'em to do that.

Don't feel bad, mine probably won't be hanging around long either.

2 hours ago, Dolemite said:

It was my thread. It’s still there. Mods deleted your comment. Can’t take the truth. 

2 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

It was my thread. It’s still there. Mods deleted your comment. Can’t take the truth. 

All joking aside, I really would like an answer as to how this happened in the first place. What were they trying to do, and how did it lead to the environment kills breaking? 

51 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

All joking aside, I really would like an answer as to how this happened in the first place. What were they trying to do, and how did it lead to the environment kills breaking? 

My suspicion is that the game was thrown together with spaghetti code. Where the code overlaps with everything else. When that happens changing a tiny thing can lead to a massive issue somewhere else.

• Like 2

I thought the kills actually worked offline. I just discovered they don’t. They are broken offline too. Just MORE broken online. This is bullshit. Remember when GUN said no more content would mean the game would be more polished and glitch free??? 

5 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten which thread it was.

And yeah, it's not like I made shit up about the game. It's not very constructive to delete factual comments like that.

16 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Whats going on?

Nothing. Game just broken worse than ever. Environmental kills don’t work. You know. The usual. 

18 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Nothing. Game just broken worse than ever. Environmental kills don’t work. You know. The usual. 

Im waiting for the patch......been what? Almost three weeks?

The kills work fine on host. Its a ping related bug. The lower your ping, the higher chance of not glitching the kill. Play Jason on host in private match and the environment kills work fine. Play Jason off host and they all glitch out.

Environmental kills work about 90% of the time for me in QP. When it does glitch i just make sure i use regular kill right after and it works. Also try to let the person know that I glitched on that they are really dead and not to try to escape as it won't allow the game to end if they do.

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

The kills work fine on host. Its a ping related bug. The lower your ping, the higher chance of not glitching the kill. Play Jason on host in private match and the environment kills work fine. Play Jason off host and they all glitch out.

They are broken offline too. So that’s not entirely true. They are just WORSE online. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I definetly don’t think it’s a ping related bug. It’s got nothing to do with connectivity sadly.

it happens constantly even with perfect ping.

check out my other forum post where I have some tips to not have the glitch happen :)

10 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

I definetly don’t think it’s a ping related bug. It’s got nothing to do with connectivity sadly.

it happens constantly even with perfect ping.

check out my other forum post where I have some tips to not have the glitch happen :)

No it doesn't. I've never had an issue with an environmental kill glitching while on host. This is an off host/quick play issue. When you're on host you have no ping and the kills don't glitch. Even at low ping (50ms) in quick play or off host in private matches (80-100ms) the environment kills will glitch most of the time. It's 100 percent ping related. And that's how the devs missed it in the first place as they were probably testing with Jason as host in a private match and therefore didn't notice any issues. 

7 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

They are broken offline too. So that’s not entirely true. They are just WORSE online. 

Show me a video of an environmental kill glitching while you're hosting or while playing bots.