I was in lobby earlier on PS4 today and oh boy...I can tell you for certain that players here are not exaggerating about the roof glitching on packanack. One game, a sweater girl and tommy player glitched on the roof pretty much influencing other players to kill the lobby. On a side note, the rest of the games I've experienced in QP were basically just griefers consisting of Jason helpers or Jason players intentionally letting the counselors escape.

I think everyone's already at the point they've accepted that Black Tower Studios is doing them no favors. The fact that they hired a developer that's more obscured than illfonic ever was in the first place has to be concerning a bit.

Here’s one that literally JUST happened to me. I filled the tank, fixed the battery, and got the car keys all by myself. I outran Jason twice. Was heading to the exit when the fucking car just DISAPPEARED!!! And I was just standing there. The car wasn’t even on the objective list anymore. I then was murdered. Fuck this game. Fix this shit. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@The Milwauking Dead

I have encountered the same bug recently.

Car was destroyed and vanished. Showed back up for me in the woods after 1 minute. No other player could see the car except for me.

23 minutes ago, Liquid Swordsman said:

I was in lobby earlier on PS4 today and oh boy...I can tell you for certain that players here are not exaggerating about the roof glitching on packanack. One game, a sweater girl and tommy player glitched on the roof pretty much influencing other players to kill the lobby. On a side note, the rest of the games I've experienced in QP were basically just griefers consisting of Jason helpers or Jason players intentionally letting the counselors escape.

I think everyone's already at the point they've accepted that Black Tower Studios is doing them no favors. The fact that they hired a developer that's more obscured than illfonic ever was in the first place has to be concerning a bit.

With the increased frequency of bugs and glitches in the game, QP lobbies have been coming up with their own methods of entertainment in a match. This evening alone, I saw the following things.

- Racing the 2-seater against the 4-seater.

- Hide and seek, with the rooftop being fair game for those that wanted to hide up there.

- Reverse hide and seek, with those interesting trying to find Jason while he hid.

- The ever popular dance party for 20 minutes.

- An amateur singing competition.

- Demolition derby, with players intentionally smashing the cars into one another.

I've seen some of these things here and there, but this is the first time I saw them all in the same day. The level of creativity continues to amaze me. I'm not the least bit upset, but I was caught off guard.

20 minutes ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Here’s one that literally JUST happened to me. I filled the tank, fixed the battery, and got the car keys all by myself. I outran Jason twice. Was heading to the exit when the fucking car just DISAPPEARED!!! And I was just standing there. The car wasn’t even on the objective list anymore. I then was murdered. Fuck this game. Fix this shit. 

A missing car sounds like a Looney Tunes gag gone horribly wrong.

I've seen the cars race each other, but that's about it. Every now and then we play what I like to play what I like to call 'Operator', which consists of staying in the shack until the police are called, then trying to kill as many of them as possible before they arrive.

Yeah. Sad what happened to this game. F13 at it's peak was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game. Now I can't even play more than a game or 2 every 3-4 months without being sad and bored. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I've seen the cars race each other, but that's about it. Every now and then we play what I like to play what I like to call 'Operator', which consists of staying in the shack until the police are called, then trying to kill as many of them as possible before they arrive.

That sounds like an intriguing twist. How do you kill counts look in that scenario?

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

Yeah. Sad what happened to this game. F13 at it's peak was probably the most fun I've had playing a video game. Now I can't even play more than a game or 2 every 3-4 months without being sad and bored. 

I feel your pain.

48 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

That sounds like an intriguing twist. How do you kill counts look in that scenario?

Depends. If they decide to be little turds and only bother fixing the phone after most of them have escaped by car, then kill-count is going to be pretty low. If not, I usually get about 4-5, less if most of the lobby are fast runners.

i played all weekend and had a damn good time ;)

so good that i posted this 3 times by mistake. stupid thumbs..

On 6/28/2019 at 11:06 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

I haven’t played in months. Just hopped on tonight to take part in the double XP. And the game is running worse than ever on Xbox! No matter who I preference, I just get a random counselor. And people just die for no reason. Literally just fall over and die. I also ran into a part 5 Jason with the retro skin. How??!!! Why is all this happening now???

The game has been really bad for quite a while, it’s funny how long it takes them to fix something, when I play now the only thing I do when I’m not Jason is run over people, It’s the only thing in this game that consistently works, and I’ve grown to enjoy it, since I’ve got over 500 million cp, and have finished every trophy and achievement ..

1 hour ago, NytmereZ said:

The game has been really bad for quite a while, it’s funny how long it takes them to fix something, when I play now the only thing I do when I’m not Jason is run over people, It’s the only thing in this game that consistently works, and I’ve grown to enjoy it, since I’ve got over 500 million cp, and have finished every trophy and achievement ..

So, you get your jollies by betraying your fellow counselors? It sounds like it's time for you to move on to another game.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 2:28 AM, The Milwauking Dead said:

I played a game last night as Jason.  

I tend to not always care anymore as Jason and just kind of have fun with the lobby, that getting to 1000 Jason games is a real bitch.

So the 2 door gets going, I give chase for a while, it's fun and then I morph out ahead of the car.  The car just flat disappears. It's not on the map anymore, it's just gone.  I think to myself, I love this game!  The 4 door then gets going a few minutes later, so I morph to go play with it.  As I morph I look on my map because I don't see the car and it should be nearby.  Oh, it's not!  It's off the map instead! 

Another game I played last night as Jason, the car gets started so I morph to a start of the path it's gonna have to take to escape on Packanack. Again, no car nearby.  Look on the map.  It ends up on some rocks in the upper right hand corner of the map.  I go up there to see what's going on, it's stuck in the forever trying to start sound cue with both people still inside of it! 

The moral of the story, it doesn't matter if Jason throws knives at the cars anymore, sometimes all it takes is morphing when the car is driving to throw the car into the great beyond!  I suspect this is exactly what happened to you.

From the man :D

UPDATE: The team is testing a new fix for the "Bear Trap Method" counselors are using to slingshot themselves onto structures.

Given the nagging resistance of this issue, the team is running additional testing on this fix, but hope to have it out to you within a week.

The teams 1 week is equivalent to 1+ month, perhaps longer.

27 minutes ago, JustinX said:

The teams 1 week is equivalent to 1+ month, perhaps longer.

I want it fixed, the timeline is apparently a bit longer. I’ll deal with it, you should find away to do that to man.

It’s not like they’re a big team, or have infinite resources.

4 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I want it fixed, the timeline is apparently a bit longer. I’ll deal with it, you should find away to do that to man.

It’s not like they’re a big team, or have infinite resources.

The holdup on the fixes could just as well be due to the state the code is in. Cleaning up someone else's code doesn't sound easy.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Which is why the game needs to be re-coded entirely. If you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right.

@Fair Play the lawsuit allows for bug fixes and re-coding the entire game is one giant bug fix. You're right about Gun not having the money/manpower to get it done though. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I cannot support any future games from Gun until this one is up to my standards.

Edited by F134Ever86
  • Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, F134Ever86 said:

Which is why the game needs to be re-coded entirely. If you're gonna do something, you might as well do it right.

The lawsuit likely prevents this. There is also the matter of  the time, money, and manpower.

I'm pretty hopeful that in the distant future, we will see another F13 game done by someone.

23 hours ago, F134Ever86 said:

@Fair Play the lawsuit allows for bug fixes and re-coding the entire game is one giant bug fix. You're right about Gun not having the money/manpower to get it done though. I've said it before and I'll say it again; I cannot support any future games from Gun until this one is up to my standards.

The problem with coding the game over from scratch, is that the temptation to slip things in that weren't there before might happen. All it would take is one person to notice a brand new piece of content, and the shit would hit the fan.

As far as not supporting Gun until this game is up to your standards, Gun is not the only party who made this game what it is now.

On 7/1/2019 at 10:58 PM, Fair Play said:

So, you get your jollies by betraying your fellow counselors? It sounds like it's time for you to move on to another game.

Yep, I love running people over , and I’ll continue to do so.

45 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The guy that gets off teamkilling other counselors is calling a veteran player pathetic for pointing out more than one company made this game... sad.

I was a backer and was playing this game the 1st hour it was released, and yes I LOVE running people over.

27 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

I was a backer and was playing this game the 1st hour it was released, and yes I LOVE running people over.

What a waste of time. Hopefully you'll move onto something else soon, this game has enough problems as it is.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What a waste of time. Hopefully you'll move onto something else soon, this game has enough problems as it is.

Nope it’s fun and the only part of this game that works how it’s intended to.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, NytmereZ said:

Nope it’s fun and the only part of this game that works how it’s intended to.

Hopefully one day they'll get their shit together and get rid of you teamkilling little trolls. Probably not, but it'd be nice if they did.