Dunken

Counselors with a repair stat of 2 or lower should NOT be able to fix the Phone or put Battery in the car.

I know a lot of you would disagree with me on this but let's be real, do you seriously want to have a random Jenny or a Chad fix the Phone when theres clearly a Deborah or a Mitch nearby who can do an infinity better job? I know with Vannessa you can chess your way to have a better result and do the mini games without messing up, but come on. For the people who play counselors with high repair, I bet the reason why u even play them in the first place is to do as much repair as you can to help teammates. How unfair it would be to have a Tiffany steal your battery or Phone Fuse and the Tiffany player obviously sees that your a Deborah or Lachappa and not hand you it. Its painfully cringe inducing whenever I see a Tiffany or a Brandon repair things they're not suppose to. So please Devs, make it happen :)

No no no no..... that’s a very bad idea. Repairing should be encouraged. And not allowing counselors to repair is just wrong. And what about those games you have where the deborahs and other repair counselors aren’t doing their job??? I had a game the other night where I left the fuse at the phone box and tanked the trap. There were several repair counselors in the game and not one made an attempt to fix it. So me as tiffany took care of it, perfect skill checks and got the cops called. 

• Thanks 1

People should focus less on what others aren't doing, and more on what they themselves are doing.

If someone isn't repairing, and you want to repair (even if you are not playing the appropriate character), then just repair.

If you want a job done right (or at all), sometimes you gotta do it yourself.

I don’t think removing their ability to repair is a good idea. I don’t often make this argument as it’s mostly BS but in this case it’s true, this is a decision that leads to other bad decisions, it’s a slippery slope. So let’s not start taking things away.  

If this was about rebalancing the mini game that would be a good conversation to have. You have an issue, let’s see if we can work out how to fix it in a way that doesn’t constitute a nerf. 

I realize your not attacking the players who main those Counselors but they might not think so.

One final thing... If you have an idea of how to reward good behaviour, I’m all ears and if it’s good will gladly champion it to the pubs @Dunken.

@Slasher_Clone I know it sounds harsh what I'm suggesting, but its one of the only things I can think of to prevent bad players (especially when they are teaming with Jason) from taking a role that was never ment to be theirs. One of the things I always tell my buddies whenever I see a terrible teammate is "This guy has no idea what he's doing" or "He has no idea what's going on". I can go on and on about the many times I've come across people like this but I dont want this reply being 10 paragraphs.

And if say this was a thing, counselors with 2 or lower repair can still do propeller and gas on the boat. As well as gas on the car and even electrical boxes scattered around the map. I'm not trying to keep counselors with low repair from being able to repair. Sorry if I come across that way.

8 minutes ago, Dunken said:

@Slasher_Clone I know it sounds harsh what I'm suggesting, but its one of the only things I can think of to prevent bad players (especially when they are teaming with Jason) from taking a role that was never ment to be theirs. One of the things I always tell my buddies whenever I see a terrible teammate is "This guy has no idea what he's doing" or "He has no idea what's going on". I can go on and on about the many times I've come across people like this but I dont want this reply being 10 paragraphs.

Teach them, people aren’t bad because they want to be. Let them know you got their back while they do it, tell them how repair works while you’re standing around. You can change some people’s play style and teach them to be better.

2 minutes ago, Dunken said:

And if say this was a thing, counselor with 2 or lower repair can still do propeller and gas on the boat. As well as gas on the car and even electrical boxes scattered around the map. I'm not trying to remove  some counselors repair ability. Sorry if I come across that way.

The problem becomes, why can people with low strength stun Jason or lay him down or why does someone with low composure not do more than stumble and recover their hud faster.

It just leads to more little things to remember for new players. There’s quite a bit about how each stat works and what does that adding more is just restrictive. 

I understand your frustration, I do. There’s to many other things people would demand though.

52 minutes ago, Dunken said:

As Slasher mentioned, consider giving advice to players you feel that are "terrible teammates". We were all new once, and learned along the way. I've passed a few nuggets of wisdom to players who were willing to listen, and they improved. Mentor some of those players, and you might be surprised with how helpful that is in the long run.

United we stand, divided we fall.

40 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

The problem becomes, why can people with low strength stun Jason or lay him down or why does someone with low composure not do more than stumble and recover their hud faster.

This just makes me wonder what the game would be like if the stats were re worked. Composure- high composure never stumbles, never screams, never lose mini map, screen doesn’t go dark, etc Luck- Can stay as is Speed- Stay as is, Stamina- Stay as is, Stealth- 10/10 stealth to NEVER give off sound pings, have shorter range of sense detection, not glow up red unless they have very high fear, etc Strength- Have to do with chance of stun, duration of stun, and damage dealt. The counselors would have a much different style of gameplay with this type of stat re work. 

30 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

This just makes me wonder what the game would be like if the stats were re worked. Composure- high composure never stumbles, never screams, never lose mini map, screen doesn’t go dark, etc Luck- Can stay as is Speed- Stay as is, Stamina- Stay as is, Stealth- 10/10 stealth to NEVER give off sound pings, have shorter range of sense detection, not glow up red unless they have very high fear, etc Strength- Have to do with chance of stun, duration of stun, and damage dealt. The counselors would have a much different style of gameplay with this type of stat re work. 

I’m all for individual stats being looked at and balanced. The problem in the past has always been finding an agreeable set of modifications that work not just on paper but in engine, that people can then get behind to try and get the pubs to hear.

I actually think composure and stealth need the most balancing, not repair, it seems mostly fine. The perk Tinker needs it to, it works ass backwards.

30 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’m all for individual stats being looked at and balanced. The problem in the past has always been finding an agreeable set of modifications that work not just on paper but in engine, that people can then get behind to try and get the pubs to hear.

I actually think composure and stealth need the most balancing, not repair, it seems mostly fine. The perk Tinker needs it to, it works ass backwards.

Yes very true. Composure and Stealth need re worked the most and be made to matter a little more then they do currently. 

• Like 1

What happens when the last counselor can't repair? Also I'd rather let someone else get a little XP so we can all get our escape XP then that person drop the item and someone repair it 5 minutes later, time is.. Life.