Jason Todd Voorhees

NECA in the franchise lawsuit

Horror inc., might think they’re just protecting their future profits but I’m no longer going to support them and want the rights out of their hands. This doesn’t effect how I feel about Gun., they’re innocent in this and people should separate the two in their minds. Same goes for Victor, he’s only following the law as it stands, Horror inc. avoided their responsibility and choose not to have a contract in place decades ago.

NECA has other licensed stuff for me to buy, other franchises are going to benefit from Horror inc.’s greed and absence from the market place. It pisses me off because an armchair amateur like myself can see mistake after mistake piling up and I know they could be killing it with profit right now. The Slasher renaissance we’re experiencing has a best before date and is going to end very fast once the market hits saturation, only named properties are going to get financing for sequels, with one or two exceptions. This happened in the late nineties too and it’s all a big cycle that’s been repeating since Psycho came out. 

Jason deserves better than the people who currently own him but at least it’s not Disney. (This joke has lost it teeth as of late, I can’t believe how much of a push the Aliens franchise got by their acquisition of Fox. At least we have that to look forward too.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Horror inc., might think they’re just protecting their future profits but I’m no longer going to support them and want the rights out of their hands. This doesn’t effect how I feel about Gun., they’re innocent in this and people should separate the two in their minds. Same goes for Victor, he’s only following the law as it stands, Horror inc. avoided their responsibility and choose not to have a contract in place decades ago.

NECA has other licensed stuff for me to buy, other franchises are going to benefit from Horror inc.’s greed and absence from the market place. It pisses me off because an armchair amateur like myself can see mistake after mistake piling up and I know they could be killing it with profit right now. The Slasher renaissance we’re experiencing has a best before date and is going to end very fast once the market hits saturation, only named properties are going to get financing for sequels, with one or two exceptions. This happened in the late nineties too and it’s all a big cycle that’s been repeating since Psycho came out. 

Jason deserves better than the people who currently own him but at least it’s not Disney. (This joke has lost it teeth as of late, I can’t believe how much of a push the Aliens franchise got by their acquisition of Fox. At least we have that to look forward too.)

Beyond well said man but for NECA I been waiting for Kane Jasons to be made....so many potential.....

7 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Beyond well said man but for NECA I been waiting for Kane Jasons to be made....so many potential.....

Thank you, I hope that things turn out in a way that I can one day happily collect Kane’s Jason’s. I’m actually disappointed I won’t be picking up the Roy... and I really like the Dock diorama with the Crystal Lake sign. They’re all gorgeous.

NECA has other stuff that’s on my list, so it isn’t like they’ll miss out on sales. 

3 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I didn’t know I wanted an Alice until right now, I’ve wanted them to do a final chase Nancy forever. It’s a great idea regardless of wether Tommy is included, or Friday for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Thank you, I hope that things turn out in a way that I can one day happily collect Kane’s Jason’s. I’m actually disappointed I won’t be picking up the Roy... and I really like the Dock diorama with the Crystal Lake sign. They’re all gorgeous.

NECA has other stuff that’s on my list, so it isn’t like they’ll miss out on sales. 

I didn’t know I wanted an Alice until right now, I’ve wanted them to do a final chase Nancy forever. It’s a great idea regardless of wether Tommy is included, or Friday for that matter. 

Why won't you get the Roy? It's still coming out. Toy, FvsJ Jason, and the "Toony Terrors" version of Jason are all still coming.

35 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

Why won't you get the Roy? It's still coming out. Toy, FvsJ Jason, and the "Toony Terrors" version of Jason are all still coming.

Not willing to support Horror inc.’s vendetta, I’ll stick to supporting the franchise by supporting Gun., as far as I can tell they care far more for the property.

• Thanks 1

Can't wait to grab FvJ Jason. I'll grab Roy as well, even though Part 5 is my least favorite movie.I wish we could have gotten Part 7, 9, or Pre-Uber/Uber Jason before Roy though...

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

This truly pisses me off.....like this lawsuit has officially killed the franchise.

Wow...just when you think things can't get any worse.

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Horror inc., might think they’re just protecting their future profits but I’m no longer going to support them and want the rights out of their hands.

I'd get right on that, but it might a bit out of my reach.

It royally sucks nonetheless.

5 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks for posting this....it is a sad day indeed.

I think a number of fans died a little more on the inside after this dismal news.

11 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I think a number of fans died a little more on the inside after this dismal news.

I’d like to think that I gave Horror inc. the benefit of the doubt, but concede that you’re right... they took the toys away from us, that’s just going to damn far. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I’d like to think that I gave Horror inc. the benefit of the doubt, but concede that you’re right... they took the toys away from us, that’s just going to damn far. 

We the fans take our toys and collectibles seriously. I feel your pain brother.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Wow...just when you think things can't get any worse.

At this point sean sjould have just given Victor the rights to a dead kid and a insane mother and called it even.

14 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

At this point sean sjould have just given Victor the rights to a dead kid and a insane mother and called it even.

That would have been nice.

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Seriously.....Sean wouldnt lose much profit.....

It would seem any profit is too much to lose for some people...

8 hours ago, Fair Play said:

It would seem any profit is too much to lose for some people...

Halloween,Childs Play (Chucky Movies),Hatchet (aka Victor Crowley), The Grudge and now Scream are all getting movies or TV shows and Friday the 13th is just in the dark on a shelve....

13 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Halloween,Childs Play (Chucky Movies),Hatchet (aka Victor Crowley), The Grudge and now Scream are all getting movies or TV shows and Friday the 13th is just in the dark on a shelve....

That lawsuit has our beloved franchise tucked away like a box of forgotten junk in the attic.

On 6/27/2019 at 4:20 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Not willing to support Horror inc.’s vendetta, I’ll stick to supporting the franchise by supporting Gun., as far as I can tell they care far more for the property.

None of the figure money goes to Horror Inc, it goes to NECA. They've already paid the franchising costs, and they get the cash. You'd be supporting them, and they care about the franchise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dogmatic said:

None of the figure money goes to Horror Inc, it goes to NECA. They've already paid the franchising costs, and they get the cash. You'd be supporting them, and they care about the franchise.

I don’t disagree with NECA being fans and caring about the franchise and while you’re technically right that the license has already been paid for the toys they currently have for sale. The thing you’re missing is that the only way to encourage NECA to not support Horror inc. in the future, is to not buy Friday stuff until it’s out of Cunningham’s greedy little hands. You have to vote with your money, like I said before NECA can still have some of my money, just not for Friday stuff.

7 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I don’t disagree with NECA being fans and caring about the franchise and while you’re technically right that the license has already been paid for the toys they currently have for sale. The thing you’re missing is that the only way to encourage NECA to not support Horror inc. in the future, is to not buy Friday stuff until it’s out of Cunningham’s greedy little hands. You have to vote with your money, like I said before NECA can still have some of my money, just not for Friday stuff.

But yet, if everyone voted with their money that way and the "last" four figures don't sell, NECA doesn't have any incentive to finish the remaining 4 Jason figures.

Ita vicious circle, to be sure.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dogmatic said:

But yet, if everyone voted with their money that way and the "last" four figures don't sell, NECA doesn't have any incentive to finish the remaining 4 Jason figures.

Ita vicious circle, to be sure.

This is true but I don’t think one fans decision is going to create a boycott.