Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteadyGosling

Steam Playercount Raises by almost 3K in 2 days!!!

Recommended Posts

With the steam summer sale, in almost just 2 days, the steam playercount has gone from a casual 200-ish in the past 10 months to a now almost THREE THOUSAND playercount, i was wondering why i saw so many new low level players! 

Great news, unfortunately get ready for some noobs for the next couple weeks while they get their bearings. Either way, this is great, im glad the support for the game has grown and still exists, i guess all we needed was cheaper pricing lol...

 

Makes me totally pumped to play the game more, i feel like with fresh faces and minds the game will seem a little more organic, rather than the same high level players who have everything memorized.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great news for PC players. I feel ps4 is in a healthy state, lobby after lobby of pre 30 levels

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

No matter how many angry noobs say it will 💕 

he always comes back! ;)

You got that right. Xbox is in a healthy state as well. I constantly am in lobbies with lower level players. It’s nice to see that new players are coming around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s great news for our PC crowd. I hope we get another influx of new forum members too, it’s always fun when that happens and a few even stick around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3k loss in 2 days ? Damn

Maybe make such thread after a week or a month , don't you think its summer?

People go on holidays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And all it took was discounting the game to $4. Much like the October event last year, these people will be gone in about a month or two once they realize what shape the game is in, and that the Devs don't care that people are roof glitching anymore.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

And all it took was discounting the game to $4. Much like the October event last year, these people will be gone in about a month or two once they realize what shape the game is in, and that the Devs don't care that people are roof glitching anymore.

Discounts draw people in. A handful of new players sticking around will keep the game going a very tiny bit longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Discounts draw people in. A handful of new players sticking around will keep the game going a very tiny bit longer.

Past instances prove otherwise. The player counts return to previous numbers demonstrating that they're not sticking around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Past instances prove otherwise. The player counts return to previous numbers demonstrating that they're not sticking around.

I did say a very tiny little bit. We all know that the player counts continue to dwindle. The long awaited bug fixes could slow that decline down, or it may not. We'll have to wait and see.

I'd like to believe that the sales of this game on the Switch will keep the game going for a little bit. It would be a slap in the face to launch the Switch version, then shut down servers a week or month later.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

Past instances prove otherwise. The player counts return to previous numbers demonstrating that they're not sticking around.

Some do, some don’t. It isn’t as cut and dry as you’re making it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Some do, some don’t. It isn’t as cut and dry as you’re making it.

It really is though. Just look at the last deep discount in October. By the end of September, it was trending almost to 300 average. The discounts pulled the October and November numbers up to 493 and 1052. By February, the numbers were back to the ones we saw in September. Whatever people came in for the game when it was $5 did not stick around last time, and I'm hard pressed to find a reason why they would this time, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thatguyinktown said:

It really is though. Just look at the last deep discount in October. By the end of September, it was trending almost to 300 average. The discounts pulled the October and November numbers up to 493 and 1052. By February, the numbers were back to the ones we saw in September. Whatever people came in for the game when it was $5 did not stick around last time, and I'm hard pressed to find a reason why they would this time, too.

People will stick around, if they enjoy the game. While it has a number of issues at the moment, there are those who still play it, despite having that knowledge. So we don't have a million active players, or fifty thousand, or maybe even ten thousand. As long as we have any players, who are willing to play this game day after day, week after week, that's what counts. The day none of can play online due to the servers being shut down for good, will be a dark day. That day hasn't come yet, so let's enjoy the game while we can.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

3k loss in 2 days ? Damn

Maybe make such thread after a week or a month , don't you think its summer?

People go on holidays.

3k GAIN. Three thousand just JOINED 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

3k GAIN. Three thousand just JOINED 

3000 new players means a chosen handful will stick around. That's a win in itself.

I look forward to some of them joining us here on the forum as well.

I better stock up on refreshments and get some more forum t-shirts made.

Everybody, put in those refreshment requests. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh my bad , went through the title quite fast and missplaced raises with losses.

Just like i said it's summer , people buy games in summer. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It could go either way.

A lot of these new players are being smoked by 150 level Jasons and even decent/new ones.

But once they figure out how much of a pushover he is against good meta perk/op meta counselors in higher level play, they may leave the game in droves like seen before. Or they may be part of the breed that somehow believe Jason is OP and hence...move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeadDuck said:

Ohh my bad , went through the title quite fast and missplaced raises with losses.

Just like i said it's summer , people buy games in summer. :D

People buy games all year round.

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

It could go either way.

A lot of these new players are being smoked by 150 level Jasons and even decent/new ones.

But once they figure out how much of a pushover he is against good meta perk/op meta counselors in higher level play, they may leave the game in droves like seen before. Or they may be part of the breed that somehow believe Jason is OP and hence...move on.

It's an endless cycle...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

It could go either way.

A lot of these new players are being smoked by 150 level Jasons and even decent/new ones.

But once they figure out how much of a pushover he is against good meta perk/op meta counselors in higher level play, they may leave the game in droves like seen before. Or they may be part of the breed that somehow believe Jason is OP and hence...move on.

I let an entire lobby escape last night because most of them were lv 10 or under. They call the cops plus fix the two seater. Once it's down to Tommy and an AJ the traps at the shack go off(anytime I let people go I dump all the traps at the shack entrance in case someone decides to be a dumbass). I get over there and the AJ is trying to tank the traps and get the sweater. She sees me come over and swings her bat (which causes her to step in another trap), but at this point I don't really care if she gets the sweater or not. She heals up, grabs it and the axe, and we go off to find Tommy.

We find him, he takes the axe, and immediately uses the sweater. Tommy hits me a couple of times, then turns and runs to the cops. When I asked the AJ WTF? she tells me she didn't know the mask is supposed to be off first.

Still, they got a lot of exp so it wasn't a total waste of time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

It could go either way.

A lot of these new players are being smoked by 150 level Jasons and even decent/new ones.

But once they figure out how much of a pushover he is against good meta perk/op meta counselors in higher level play, they may leave the game in droves like seen before. Or they may be part of the breed that somehow believe Jason is OP and hence...move on.

A lot of these new players are also going against noob Jason’s to so there’s some balance there between noob Jason’s and experienced. The new players just have to have some patience. That’s all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...