Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

Tommy Jarvis- “The Hero”

A lot of people just use tommy as a 2nd chance at escaping and it absolutely just pisses me off to see him escape alone or not even care to try and save a single life. Is there anyway it could be programmed to not allow tommy Jarvis to escape alone or escape if there’s other people alive? People need to start using his hero role properly. 

The other night I was final survivor, I call tommy in and nearly die doing it. Tommy shows up and escapes alone. Like oh thanks a lot douchebag, I nearly died calling your worthless ass in!! I still survived so it was w/e. But I’d like to see people start using him the right way. 

skip to 5:56. I loved this scene by tommy. His taunting to Jason was awesome.  Do you seem tommy In the movie being selfish and trying to escape alone. Noooo he shows up to camp and handles Jason. Tommy shouldn’t be allowed to show up just to escape camp and leave people behind. 

first thing I do when I spawn in as tommy is go find jason, stun him, “come on maggot head” use the come here emote and make him try to get me. I try my absolute best to keep him on me and get him away from other counselors. This is the way tommy should be played 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

A lot of people just use tommy as a 2nd chance at escaping and it absolutely just pisses me off to see him escape alone or not even care to try and save a single life. Is there anyway it could be programmed to not allow tommy Jarvis to escape alone or escape if there’s other people alive? People need to start using his hero role properly. 

The other night I was final survivor, I call tommy in and nearly die doing it. Tommy shows up and escapes alone. Like oh thanks a lot douchebag, I nearly died calling your worthless ass in!! I still survived so it was w/e. But I’d like to see people start using him the right way. 

I wouldn’t be opposed to a type of penalty for those types of moments.....or implementing a mechanic that forces Tommy to stay in play or can’t escape to the cops or in the boat or car unless he is the last player alive or has others with him in said vehicles or police exit....

2 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I wouldn’t be opposed to a type of penalty for those types of moments.....or implementing a mechanic that forces Tommy to stay in play or can’t escape to the cops or in the boat or car unless he is the last player alive or has others with him in said vehicles or police exit....

Yes you understand it. Thank you! A - XP penalty would make sense to implement for not trying to be a hero.

• Like 1

I'd be fine with that. He can call & fix but can't leave until last man standing.

• Like 1

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS. I’m absolutely pissed when people come back as tommy and don’t help. HE IS NOT YOUR SECOND ESCAPE CHANCE, HES YOUR CHANCE TO BE THE 10/10 STATS HERO YOU COULDNT BE BEFORE. YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO ESCAPE AS TOMMY 90% OF THE TIME.

Sorry for the caps I was getting my anger out lol

9 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

I HAVE BEEN SAYING THIS FOR YEARS. I’m absolutely pissed when people come back as tommy and don’t help. HE IS NOT YOUR SECOND ESCAPE CHANCE, HES YOUR CHANCE TO BE THE 10/10 STATS HERO YOU COULDNT BE BEFORE. YOURE NOT SUPPOSED TO ESCAPE AS TOMMY 90% OF THE TIME.

Sorry for the caps I was getting my anger out lol

I feel your pain. And you know what we need to do to those worthless Tommy’s is to start running them over with the car to release our frustration 😁

Rather than getting frustrated about others not using Tommy the way you feel he should be used, just set an example. Save a few people as Tommy, and encourage others to do the same. If they won't do it, then maybe it's time to change lobbies.

Newer players may not understand the implied uses of Tommy, and that's why they escape rather than help.

#KnowledgeIsPower

#ShareYourWisdom

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

Rather than getting frustrated about others not using Tommy the way you feel he should be used, just set an example. Save a few people as Tommy, and encourage others to do the same. If they won't do it, then maybe it's time to change lobbies.

Newer players may not understand the implied uses of Tommy, and that's why they escape rather than help.

#KnowledgeIsPower

#ShareYourWisdom

Some players just never learn or are just to selfish to care about using the hero role right. I’ve tried telling people to use tommy right and they refuse. I once had a tommy try going on my boat with me and I left his ass. He pm’d me hate and I explained he needs to be a hero and save others and he shouldn’t escape on a 2 seat boat. He then went and hid in a hiding spot only to get killed. Some players just stay useless 

felt good leaving him to

38 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Some players just stay useless

Players will play their own desired way. In the same way you can feel they are useless and leave them, they can choose to escape rather than help you.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but it would seem to help people justify their actions.

2 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Players will play their own desired way. In the same way you can feel they are useless and leave them, they can choose to escape rather than help you.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but it would seem to help people justify their actions.

Fine by me. I’ll never allow a tommy in my 2 seat car or boat if others are alive. It isn’t wrong, it’s the right thing to do 😁 taking them with you to escape is just allowing Tommy’s to stay worthless. 

4 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Fine by me. I’ll never allow a tommy in my 2 seat car or boat if others are alive. It isn’t wrong, it’s the right thing to do 😁 taking them with you to escape is just allowing Tommy’s to stay worthless. 

Players will do what they see fit. I don't agree with half of what they do, but I respect their right to choose nonetheless. If people are playing and having fun within the rules, then whatever they do is their choice.

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

Players will do what they see fit. I don't agree with half of what they do, but I respect their right to choose nonetheless. If people are playing and having fun within the rules, then whatever they do is their choice.

Well I got one thing to say. Useless Tommy’s are going to have justice served to them. I can see a lot of roadkill in the near future coming to them 🤣

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

Well I got one thing to say. Useless Tommy’s are going to have justice served to them. I can see a lot of roadkill in the near future coming to them 🤣

It's your right, and your choice. It may deter people from playing in lobbies with you, but it's still your choice.

9 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It's your right, and your choice. It may deter people from playing in lobbies with you, but it's still your choice.

I hear what ur saying. But sometimes In this game especially, justice just has to be served.

2 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

I hear what ur saying. But sometimes In this game especially, justice just has to be served.

Vigilante justice is like an eye for an eye. It leaves the world full of one-eyed or blind people. If it makes you happy, do what you gotta do.

I just change lobbies if silly things start happening in the game. There are plenty of people to have fun with, in your perspective definition of the word.

Honestly it depends on my mood. If the rest of the lobby has done nothing then I have no issue leaving them. I might try to pick them up but otherwise I'm good.

6 hours ago, thrawn3054 said:

Honestly it depends on my mood. If the rest of the lobby has done nothing then I have no issue leaving them. I might try to pick them up but otherwise I'm good.

Mood plays a big part in the motives of players. People just need to mellow out when other players don't play the way they feel they should.

Sometimes, I feel like saying "settle down, Beavis" when players start getting unruly in a QP lobby.

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Mood plays a big part in the motives of players. People just need to mellow out when other players don't play the way they feel they should.

Sometimes, I feel like saying "settle down, Beavis" when players start getting unruly in a QP lobby.

Oh I don't go out of my way to hurt them. I just won't bother to help them either. That's basically how I play when I'm a regular counselor as well. I won't bat an eye about dying for someone else. But if you've annoyed me you're on your own.

1 hour ago, thrawn3054 said:

Oh I don't go out of my way to hurt them. I just won't bother to help them either. That's basically how I play when I'm a regular counselor as well. I won't bat an eye about dying for someone else. But if you've annoyed me you're on your own.

I'd rather leave them be if they are part of the toxic crowd. If they die or troll others, that's on them. I'll just slip out of camp while they do whatever it is they do.

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I'd rather leave them be if they are part of the toxic crowd. If they die or troll others, that's on them. I'll just slip out of camp while they do whatever it is they do.

That's what I mean.

i was about to make a post about tommy players then i searched this out lol. But anyways my rant about tommy is when someone comes back as tommy and i have the sweater the mask is off and his running around like a chicken with his freakin head cut off not knowing what the hell he's doing makes me so mad

1 hour ago, camp_voorhees said:

i was about to make a post about tommy players then i searched this out lol. But anyways my rant about tommy is when someone comes back as tommy and i have the sweater the mask is off and his running around like a chicken with his freakin head cut off not knowing what the hell he's doing makes me so mad

Players are not psychic. Communication exists for a reason.

If I’m in any vehicle of escape, I NEVER let tommy in unless there’s a spot not taken by another’s counselour. All counselour lives comes first in my head.

5 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

If I’m in any vehicle of escape, I NEVER let tommy in unless there’s a spot not taken by another’s counselour. All counselour lives comes first in my head.

I live by the rule, if there's a seat free, and you've contributed to the escape options in some way, the seat is your if I'm on the way out.

If you haven't done squat, then you're walking.

• Like 1