Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

So Why Is Disconnecting Before The Kill Robbing Jasons Still A Thing?

I mean for 150 players, its not that big a deal.

But why would they expect new players to stick around when you have these dickheads that use quick disconnect methods before the kill can be executed? Sure its not many of them, but the ones that do it are frequent abusers.

@mattshotcha

This should move up the priority list if they want new players to stick around over the summer. Proposal is simple, any disconnect while grabbed should be recorded as a kill. It won't fix the issue of those being slashed, but at least its something for newer players and seasoned ones as well.

I only do it when I'm convinced the Jason player is cheating. I troll his ass all round long and make him put in the work, then rob him of the pay off when he finally manages to snag me.

But, as Jason, I definitely see my fair share of people doing it solely because they're sore losers.

5 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

I only do it when I'm convinced the Jason player is cheating. I troll his ass all round long and make him put in the work, then rob him of the pay off when he finally manages to snag me.

But, as Jason, I definitely see my fair share of people doing it solely because they're sore losers.

Yep, those without a pocket knife especially.

4 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

That's right up there with Jason players who rage quit.

36 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

Yep I did this the other night. The Jason player had 4 counselors helping him. So I before Jason hit rage I was stunning him over and over and t bagging/dancing on him. And then I jump in a cabin to get a new weapon. And he legit places 2 traps in front of the door, and 1 trap at each window. I stun him and before I get out of the trap he grabbed me and took my Pk. And now he’s already been chasing me for 10 minutes and his little bitch helpers are all body blocking me and trying to set me in bear traps in the main home. He finally grabs me and I quit bc he simply didn’t earn the kill himself

• Like 2

I hate dying, every one does. But you gotta take the bad with the good. You can't survive the night all the time, or even most of the time. After decades of playing halo and the like, you learn to accept your losses as much as you cherish your victories.  I do hope the new gamers learn this lesson early and play the game as it is intended, or at least mostly.  BUT there is the exception to this concerning the trolls and cheaters. One can only hope a fools hope that they either learn the error of their way (fat chance ) or find another game to ruin. Ah, well. Game on, my friends, and good luck surviving the night

26 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

I hate dying, every one does. But you gotta take the bad with the good. You can't survive the night all the time, or even most of the time. After decades of playing halo and the like, you learn to accept your losses as much as you cherish your victories.  I do hope the new gamers learn this lesson early and play the game as it is intended, or at least mostly.  BUT there is the exception to this concerning the trolls and cheaters. One can only hope a fools hope that they either learn the error of their way (fat chance ) or find another game to ruin. Ah, well. Game on, my friends, and good luck surviving the night

Newer players will potentially stick around longer, if those who have been playing before them make it an inviting environment.

Most trolls and cheaters will get bored with this game eventually, once something more appealing to them comes into existence.

I swear people have soft skin for such horror survival games.....I hate to see them in a single player game when it doesnt go their way.

7 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I swear people have soft skin for such horror survival games.....I hate to see them in a single player game when it doesnt go their way.

They should consider applying the thick skin perk 😉

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I mean for 150 players, its not that big a deal.

But why would they expect new players to stick around when you have these dickheads that use quick disconnect methods before the kill can be executed? Sure its not many of them, but the ones that do it are frequent abusers.

@mattshotcha

This should move up the priority list if they want new players to stick around over the summer. Proposal is simple, any disconnect while grabbed should be recorded as a kill. It won't fix the issue of those being slashed, but at least its something for newer players and seasoned ones as well.

While what you propose may seem simple, I'd need to check in with our team on what can and cannot be done here.

Let me look into this.

3 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

While what you propose may seem simple, I'd need to check in with our team on what can and cannot be done here.

Let me look into this.

I would like if a bot could replace any Counselor who quits, this might not be possible but could you mention it. Less than full lobbies could also be filled with bots, if it was a possibility and that could lead to hilarity and extend the life span of the game.

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Newer players will potentially stick around longer, if those who have been playing before them make it an inviting environment.

Most trolls and cheaters will get bored with this game eventually, once something more appealing to them comes into existence.

I agree 100%. We need to make the game more inviting for the newbies. The more, the better

19 hours ago, Fair Play said:

That's right up there with Jason players who rage quit.

Well to be fair sometimes toxic players can ruin the experience for a new jason player. This game is full of those types of people and new players won't stick around to play if they feel the game is frustrating.

1 hour ago, camp_voorhees said:

Well to be fair sometimes toxic players can ruin the experience for a new jason player. This game is full of those types of people and new players won't stick around to play if they feel the game is frustrating.

It's up to the non-toxic members of the community to set an example that outweighs the one set by the toxic players. This player base is what the majority make it out to be.