Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

What is the definition of a "Jason Try hard" or "Try Hard Jason?

I get called this quite often just last night as a matter of fact.Is there  a true  definition? I'm not suppose to try and kill everyone? Funny part about last night one of the people calling me that was a backer with Savini selected which to me seems to be a bit hypocritical 

I swear kids these days are running out of excuses as for why they died. Now they gotta blame the Jason player for trying? 😂

Every time I hear someone say try hard, I know immediately to avoid them because they are sore losers. But “try hard” don’t count toward them when they try to smack you with a bat over and over, it only counts when they get caught ....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

they didnt try hard enough to live!

I see what you did there... 😎

2 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

thats called turning the tables LOL

Someone's gotta do it.

@TimDuke 01 

A Try Hard Jason, Jason try Hard = A player who has either more skill than the accuser of said try hardness because the accuser is out matched or The player is making the accuser work much harder than they thought they would have to or are able to....in order to survive....if they survive at all.

The definition, according to Miriam Webster, of a 'Jason Try Hard', is a player in the popular game Friday the 13th that prefers to play as Jason Voorhees and does so in an effective manner that usually clears lobbies and evokes fear out of counselor players. They also tend to prefer the Tom Savini designed Jason character.

A tryhard Jason is a mediocre player who can only get kills by spamming shift+grab until a counselor finally trips into his loving embrace on shift+grab #32. That’s a tryhard Jason. Do something else for once. Switch it up. Why aren’t you using stalk and going in for a stealth grab, using knives, slashing to limp then grabbing. Don’t be a hack, make the game fun. Stalk in a cabin as your prey wanders over and snatch them at the doorway for a cinematic kill. Tryhards make the game annoying by desperately trying to get any grab with zero skill or tact and it ruins the experience.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, BeautyNumber2 said:

A tryhard Jason is a mediocre player who can only get kills by spamming shift+grab until a counselor finally trips into his loving embrace on shift+grab #32. That’s a tryhard Jason. Do something else for once. Switch it up. Why aren’t you using stalk and going in for a stealth grab, using knives, slashing to limp then grabbing. Don’t be a hack, make the game fun. Stalk in a cabin as your prey wanders over and snatch them at the doorway for a cinematic kill. Tryhards make the game annoying by desperately trying to get any grab with zero skill or tact and it ruins the experience.

This description doesn't apply to me. I do prefer to play as Jason and hate being counselor, guilty as charged. I go for the Tommy power first and do have the patterns down pretty darn well.I do my homework,watch every tips and tricks videos on how to be better at Jason. So yeah I guess I am a try hard.Do I care that you call me that? NO tough crap. I use everything at my disposal not just shift grab.I'm deadly with quick draw throwing knives. I do still find it hypocritical that someone who uses Savini called me a try hard.,

@TimDuke 01

I don’t see any issues with players using Savini he is a good Jason, but I don’t feel he gives players any real advantages over using other Jason’s......I am much more successful using Part 9 in most match situations.....

who cares what some Random player wants to call you because They are salty because they died or didn’t like how you killed them.....they can get the Fuck over it.....it’s a Game.

Shit, I had a player call me a Try hard because I limped him with a throwing knife  as he tried to exit a window and then slashed him to death before he could get out.... lol.... Try hard my ass killing Him took No effort at all....

They will either call you a Try Hard or a Tunneling Jason or Trash Jason ....anything to make an excuse for their lack of skills or thought.

Next time someone calls you a try hard just respond to them by saying "Am I supposed to try less?". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definition of tryhard Jason: someone who employs a strategy other players can't deal with and feel they have to shame said player.                               

Love it when they call you try hard for slashing, despite getting badges for that.

• Like 1

@OCT 31 1978, @F134Ever86, and @aurllcooljay, I like those definitions.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, I have choice terms for players like that, but I won't say what those are.

@Brogan322, I just say thanks and keep it moving. The salt from that is priceless.

@TimDuke 01, it sounds like you are doing what a good Jason should be doing: getting the job done.

@BeautyNumber2, it's Jason's show. Let him/her play their way. If you disagree with their style, there are other lobbies out there. I enjoy the immersion myself, but I'm not gonna get frustrated when I run into a Jason that has a different philosophy.

If a Jason has to attempt a Shift-Grab 32 times before succeeding, I'm gonna congratulate them on their determination and commitment.

I just wanted to throw this topic out there  as a fun discussion for a change around here to get different perspectives. It doesn't bother me in the least that someone called me that.If you don't like my play  style just rage quit like a spoiled brat.LOL

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I just wanted to throw this topic out there  as a fun discussion for a change around here to get different perspectives. It doesn't bother me in the least that someone called me that.If you don't like my play  style just rage quit like a spoiled brat.LOL

Amen to that brother.

Mostly it's just said by people who are mad they lost. I suppose I'd consider them a try hard if they just tunnel you at the expense of everything else. As for the next time you are called a try hard, you should assure them of how little you were actually trying. 

A "Try Hard" is what a crybaby calls you if they suck and you kill them.

• Haha 2