Sign in to follow this  
Quinn FTW

Offline Bots Are Crazy

I've been firing up the Offline Bots lately, and my memory may be a little fuzzy, but I think their behavior has gotten even crazier than I recall. Sure, they still run in place against a rock, fence, wall, etc, and they'll jump in a cabin / run away, just to jump back out / run back into your arms, but they're even wackier than that. 

Example: I've noticed that they tend to get stuck outside outhouses. They'll just stand there, just outside, sometimes spinning, sometimes just standing. Maybe it's a bug. Maybe they forgot how to get in. Maybe they get stuck. Who knows? But it's hinky. 

Also, Tommy Bot is just as much a threat to counselors as I am. He will not hesitate to straight up waste counselors with his shotgun, as long as you're in his LOS. Grabbed, not grabbed, running away, minding their own business. Doesn't matter. Shotgun Jarvis has their number. 

Also also, these counselors probably need counselors of their own. Depression apparently runs rampant among the poor bots. Suicide rates are way up. Maybe they're depressed because they can't get into the outhouses to poop. Maybe they're traumatized because there's not one, but two bloodthirsty killers after them. Maybe they're just hopped up on pills.

Either way, it's hilarious. Do yourself a favor and strike up a few matches. Maybe you'll get lucky, and they'll start a car, then drive it straight into the water. Just stick to the small maps; they don't seem to respond well on the larger ones. 

If you have played with the Bots, share your wacky stories of Bot Wackiness. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Example: I've noticed that they tend to get stuck outside outhouses. They'll just stand there, just outside, sometimes spinning, sometimes just standing. Maybe it's a bug. Maybe they forgot how to get in. Maybe they get stuck. Who knows? But it's hinky

They added a pallet in front of the out houses because players where going inside and then parking a car against them to run out the clock. It messed up the bots though, they don’t deal with change, leads to suicide.

Yes. Offline bots have terrible programming. Can't drive to save their life.

Except they can spawn with 20 pocket knives, 5 cans of hair spray, a shotgun and the fuse.

Able to fix the fuse faster than you can spawn and morph to the phone house. Only thing they having going for them.

Lets climb through a window. Now let's climb back out. Now repeat. Open a door, shut a door, open a door, shut a door. Never enters the cabin.

Hides in a closet or under a bed with Jason near them. Then screams please don't see me. Seems like ''hard'' mode to me. 😄

Developers are like...''How to we make them more challenging?''. Give them 50% thick skin and 10 more pocket knifes.

We will release it in 3 months. Our job is done here boys!

• Haha 3

I saw Tommy gun down two the other day.

Makes me miss team killing in public games.

Should be optional. Would at least throw a wrench in teaming even if teamers themselves could do it.

I’d really, really like to be able to kill bots with a Counselor. I never feel they’re any kind of threat and to be honest the difficulty level doesn’t make it harder or more fun. 

There’s a ton of different toggles or options I’d like to have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

They added a pallet in front of the out houses because players where going inside and then parking a car against them to run out the clock. It messed up the bots though, they don’t deal with change, leads to suicide.

I thought those were new ... or at least added while I was taking a break from the game. 

47 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

There’s a ton of different toggles or options I’d like to have.

I think we (the community) had a thread about ideas for the bots last year. I remember suggesting that they should let us up the number of counselors to 10 or 12.

I guess them having a boat would be all kinds of ridiculous (even though MFers spawn carrying the propeller).

1 hour ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Able to fix the fuse faster than you can spawn and morph to the phone house. Only thing they having going for them.

If you play Crystal Lake Small, they can sometimes get a car started before your Morph recharges the first time. Like you said, though, at least they can't drive. I've seen them drive cars into the water. I've seen them flip cars on their side, on their roof, and one time, on its front end. 

• Like 1

The difficulty levels are such a letdown. While I enjoy having them engage and attack a little more often on the harder setting, the pocket knives completely ruin it for me. It doesn't add any extra challenge at all, just makes the round a total chore to play through. This leads me to only fire up a bot round on easy so I can enjoy seeing the kill animations without being aggravated to death, and the whole time I'm wishing they'd actually try to fix things or come at me with their weapons.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

The difficulty levels are such a letdown. While I enjoy having them engage and attack a little more often on the harder setting, the pocket knives completely ruin it for me. It doesn't add any extra challenge at all, just makes the round a total chore to play through. This leads me to only fire up a bot round on easy so I can enjoy seeing the kill animations without being aggravated to death, and the whole time I'm wishing they'd actually try to fix things or come at me with their weapons.

I kinda wish the Jason kill was an option, with highly sentient bots. I don't know that chances of that ever happening.

Have you all noticed how AJ has a platinum level headed if she happens to be on camp when you pick hard difficulty? No matter how many times you toggle sense on/off she doesn't light up red even when she's in front of you 🤣

Sometimes I notice that bots repair cars (mostly crystal lake small) and start it but they never drive. They just stay idle there.

I really hope they can reprogram the bots to be almost as close to a challenge as it is to kill experienced counselors online. That way, if servers ever shut down we actually have a challenge as jason. It isn’t fun at all going against offline bots with how dumb they are

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Have you all noticed how AJ has a platinum level headed if she happens to be on camp when you pick hard difficulty? No matter how many times you toggle sense on/off she doesn't light up red even when she's in front of you 🤣

Sometimes I notice that bots repair cars (mostly crystal lake small) and start it but they never drive. They just stay idle there.

I've noticed that in the off chance that they get the car started and drive, they run into stuff, and just sit in the car, almost waiting to get picked off.

56 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Teamkilling bots

Hahaha! Tommy beat you to it, like he said. "She's mine!"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

They will wait for a full car before taking off 80% of the time. 10% of the time, they'll start driving if you get near the car. 10% they just sit there, full car or not.

7 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

They will wait for a full car before taking off 80% of the time. 10% of the time, they'll start driving if you get near the car. 10% they just sit there, full car or not.

The bots care more about their fellow counselor than human players it would seem.

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

The bots care more about their fellow counselor than human players it would seem.

Sometimes. But they will still run a MFer over. No hesitation.

2 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Sometimes. But they will still run a MFer over. No hesitation.

Hopefully it's not intentional. 😎

1 minute ago, Fair Play said:

Hopefully it's not intentional. 😎

Only Chad knows for sure... 👨

2 minutes ago, Quinn FTW said:

Only Chad knows for sure... 👨

Never trust a Chad behind the wheel.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Redrum138 said:

Hahaha! Tommy beat you to it, like he said. "She's mine!"

Shotgun Jarvis strikes again!!

• Like 1

On 6/26/2019 at 6:16 PM, Fair Play said:

I kinda wish the Jason kill was an option, with highly sentient bots. I don't know that chances of that ever happening.

That would be awesome. That would add a whole 'nother dynamic to the offline mode. Sadly though, as it is, I don't think the bots know Jason's shack even exists, let alone how to find it/what to do when they get there.

4 minutes ago, SteveChristy said:

That would be awesome. That would add a whole 'nother dynamic to the offline mode. Sadly though, as it is, I don't think the bots know Jason's shack even exists, let alone how to find it/what to do when they get there.

I doubt they were ever given the coding for that. I've chased counselors who found their way to the shack. They just never go in.

All things considered, I think the coding for the bots is very decent. Yes, they'll never escape or even try to kill Jason - they mostly just fight/run away until you eventually kill them - but for what they are they could be a hell of a lot worse. Insane glitches are kept to a minimum, at least from my experience. Your mileage may vary.

30 minutes ago, Dolemite said:

All things considered, I think the coding for the bots is very decent. Yes, they'll never escape or even try to kill Jason - they mostly just fight/run away until you eventually kill them - but for what they are they could be a hell of a lot worse. Insane glitches are kept to a minimum, at least from my experience. Your mileage may vary.

I agree, all things considered, the bots are decent.

The lack of ability to set their preferences, items and behaviour, is atrocious though. If we had more options so people could set them how they wanted just a little, it would remove a lot of the frustration. 

- clothing

- load out, items they start with.

- level of aggression or want to escape, maybe a hunker down and barricade option too.

- A set goal for them to achieve so the stop getting stuck. 

The dream would be, to able to create scenarios for ourselves or even for the community but that will have to wait for a sequel or a new game.