SmokingSober

Remove automatic weapon drop animation

In game I often end up glitching the shotgun/flare after shooting it, I won't be able to interact with anything. The easy fix to this is dropping the weapon manually, but I think between getting grabbed because I auto dropped the flare I missed and the glitches I'd rather just HAVE to manually drop the weapon I fire.

6 hours ago, SmokingSober said:

In game I often end up glitching the shotgun/flare after shooting it, I won't be able to interact with anything. The easy fix to this is dropping the weapon manually, but I think between getting grabbed because I auto dropped the flare I missed and the glitches I'd rather just have to manually drop the weapon I fire.

I could go for this, I think the shotgun should be usable as a club while still being held and that throwing the flare gun at Jason after its empty could be pretty funny. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I could go for this, I think the shotgun should be usable as a club while still being held and that throwing the flare gun at Jason after its empty could be pretty funny. 

I can see a flare gun bouncing off Jason's head as he bursts through a door. Shouldn't even stun him, just do a little damage and make a dull thud sound 😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SmokingSober said:

I can see a flare gun bouncing off Jason's head as he bursts through a door. Shouldn't even stun him, just do a little damage and make a dull thud sound 😂

I don’t even want damage, just the comical effect of it doing nothing but bouncing off him. 

I haven't unintentionally glitched a flare gun or shotgun to my hand in a long time. I didn't even know this was a thing anymore.

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I haven't unintentionally glitched a flare gun or shotgun to my hand in a long time. I didn't even know this was a thing anymore.

Well it definitely is and isn't uncommon on PS4

6 minutes ago, SmokingSober said:

Well it definitely is and isn't uncommon on PS4

I'm on PS4 and haven't unintentionally done that since the last patch. 

20 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I'm on PS4 and haven't unintentionally done that since the last patch. 

There's videos of weapon spawn points if you need help finding the ranged weapons, keep using them and it'll happen

1 minute ago, SmokingSober said:

There's videos of weapon spawn points if you need help finding the ranged weapons, keep using them and it'll happen

Lol I don't need help finding them. I use them all the time. I didn't say it's not possible to glitch one. Just that it doesn't happen unless I want it to. Like I said I haven't accidentally done it since the last patch.

11 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Lol I don't need help finding them. I use them all the time. I didn't say it's not possible to glitch one. Just that it doesn't happen unless I want it to. Like I said I haven't accidentally done it since the last patch.

Well how do you do it intentionally? Intentionally for you is probably accidentally for me lol

4 minutes ago, SmokingSober said:

Well how do you do it intentionally? Intentionally for you is probably accidentally for me lol

Activating an x prompt before you drop the flare gun used to be the easiest way.  As far as I know they took that away because it was tied to the big weapon glitch. YouTube that if you don't know what I'm talking about. But to be safe avoid counselor bear traps, doors, windows, and drawers when using a flare gun or shotgun. I always wait until the animation of dropping the weapon finishes before I try to pick up another weapon, open a door or window, or use an item. I even avoid teabagging and dancing  or toggling the flashlight off and on before the flare gun/shotgun hits the ground, just to be safe. Never have a problem with it. Unless I want to. 

• Thanks 1

In earlier footage, Tommy used to hold the gun in front of him at all times while walking. Most likely the counselors would've been the same way.

Why it was changed is anyone's guess.