Findable batteries was one of my first suggestions on here, just trying to fill those empty drawers. As someone who doesn’t use their flashlight all the time, this would effect me less but batteries for the flashlights would mean cool lighting effects, flickering and dying at the wrong time. 

Unfortunately it would be new content and can’t happen now.

8 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Findable batteries was one of my first suggestions on here, just trying to fill those empty drawers. As someone who doesn’t use their flashlight all the time, this would effect me less but batteries for the flashlights would mean cool lighting effects, flickering and dying at the wrong time. 

Unfortunately it would be new content and can’t happen now.

True! But what about a set timer, say 8 minutes and after that it's permanently off? That'd make counselors have to be a little choosy with their lights, no more hitting the button at the start of the game and forgetting?

I think it'd make gameplay a little more interactive in general

1 hour ago, SmokingSober said:

True! But what about a set timer, say 8 minutes and after that it's permanently off? That'd make counselors have to be a little choosy with their lights, no more hitting the button at the start of the game and forgetting?

I think it'd make gameplay a little more interactive in general

Interesting idea, I think tying it to a stat rather than having a set timer would be more interesting. Maybe a mix of luck and composure, as you remembered to change your batteries recently. 

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

What purpose would this serve exactly?

If I'm not wrong flashlights affect fear, also they actually help me see when Jason kills the lights (I keep my gamma down). Say I had spent the whole game running indoors with my flashlight on, spamming it at Jason etc, I might not have it when I really need it. Just something more to think about when in game

The flashlight minimally effects stamina regeneration and fear. Not that much difference to be honest. 

Here's something else to think about when you play: Fear and stamina regeneration are directly linked to damage and whether or not the lights are on when you're inside a cabin when Jason is around. Chad can stand toe to toe with Jason in the shack for a full 20 minutes without ever reaching max fear as long as he hasn't taken any damage. You can literally jog around the shack the entire time and stamina regeneration is normal. Step outside the shack and your fear quickly goes to 100 percent and stam regeneration is compromised. Go back inside with Jason and it quickly returns to normal.

Take even a slight bit of damage inside the shack and it's the same as being outside. Heal to 100 percent and it returns to normal as long as your inside the shack. Counselors aren't afraid of Jason at all. They're afraid of the dark, what's in the dark (if Jason is outside/inside in the dark with them), and of course, being hurt. 

21 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The flashlight minimally effects stamina regeneration and fear. Not that much difference to be honest. 

Here's something else to think about when you play: Fear and stamina regeneration are directly linked to damage and whether or not the lights are on when you're inside a cabin when Jason is around. Chad can stand toe to toe with Jason in the shack for a full 20 minutes without ever reaching max fear as long as he hasn't taken any damage. You can literally jog around the shack the entire time and stamina regeneration is normal. Step outside the shack and your fear quickly goes to 100 percent and stam regeneration is compromised. Go back inside with Jason and it quickly returns to normal.

Take even a slight bit of damage inside the shack and it's the same as being outside. Heal to 100 percent and it returns to normal as long as your inside the shack. Counselors aren't afraid of Jason at all. They're afraid of the dark, what's in the dark (if Jason is outside/inside in the dark with them), and of course, being hurt. 

That's good information, much appreciated. Believe it or not I can count all the times as Chad on one hand, I don't like him very much.

As for the flashlights, I'm just trying to think of ways to make gameplay more interactive without new content. Not that it's dull, love the game but something "new" is long overdue 

11 minutes ago, SmokingSober said:

That's good information, much appreciated. Believe it or not I can count all the times as Chad on one hand, I don't like him very much.

I was just using Chad for a reference since he's effected by fear the most.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:09 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Findable batteries was one of my first suggestions on here

Thats not a bad idea.....hm. 🤔

4 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Thats not a bad idea.....hm. 🤔

Yeah, I really wish it had been implemented. I imagined 70% of the drawers would one day have useful stuff in them, loose bullets, compass’s, batteries, and other small items. I wanted to be able to have more options, not just so we’d have other choices but so other modes would be possible. 

Batteries and flickering lights go hand in hand with survival horror. The batteries were just an early suggestion, eventually it evolved into wanting different light sources all together. Everything from a Zippo up to a camp lantern, that way you could have different fear reduction for each and provide different amounts of light for different play styles or taste. I imagined spending CP on them or being rewarded for escaping with them in your possession.

After we had a good selection of Lights, I wanted to do the same to the radio skins, different radios could have different functionality. Morse code button, channel options, decoys. I saw and still see a huge amount of potential in this games format. The game that does bring all these little elements together is going to make a killing in DLC profits. People like to personalize their characters, and while clothing is nice, it doesn’t provide any advantage (would have eventually, if I was in charge of items), lights and radios can. 

If you want the link to the old thread, let me know @Jason Todd Voorhees or just search the word ‘thingies’, my topic was merged with it and so that’s where those ideas live now. So much missed opportunity, damn lawsuit. 

13 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah, I really wish it had been implemented. I imagined 70% of the drawers would one day have useful stuff in them, loose bullets, compass’s, batteries, and other small items. I wanted to be able to have more options, not just so we’d have other choices but so other modes would be possible. 

Batteries and flickering lights go hand in hand with survival horror. The batteries were just an early suggestion, eventually it evolved into wanting different light sources all together. Everything from a Zippo up to a camp lantern, that way you could have different fear reduction for each and provide different amounts of light for different play styles or taste. I imagined spending CP on them or being rewarded for escaping with them in your possession.

After we had a good selection of Lights, I wanted to do the same to the radio skins, different radios could have different functionality. Morse code button, channel options, decoys. I saw and still see a huge amount of potential in this games format. The game that does bring all these little elements together is going to make a killing in DLC profits. People like to personalize their characters, and while clothing is nice, it doesn’t provide any advantage (would have eventually, if I was in charge of items), lights and radios can. 

If you want the link to the old thread, let me know @Jason Todd Voorhees or just search the word ‘thingies’, my topic was merged with it and so that’s where those ideas live now. So much missed opportunity, damn lawsuit. 

You better bump the thread!