Sign in to follow this  
DontZzz34

How come “famous” youtubers can get away with exploits

I know naming and shaming isn’t allowed but I think it’s a load of bullshit that just bc someone is a famous YouTuber they can get away with purposely doing glitches/exploits. 

Im sure you all know of H20********** he has several million views on YouTube and has multiple videos of him glitching in friday the 13th the game. Why is he allowed to do it? And he gets a gravestone made for him in the game? But if someone else does it they can possibly get banned? This doesn’t seem right. 

Explain @mattshotcha

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

I know naming and shaming isn’t allowed but I think it’s a load of bullshit that just bc someone is a famous YouTuber they can get away with purposely doing glitches/exploits. 

Im sure you all know of H20********** he has several million views on YouTube and has multiple videos of him glitching in friday the 13th the game. Why is he allowed to do it? And he gets a gravestone made for him in the game? But if someone else does it they can possibly get banned? This doesn’t seem right. 

Explain @mattshotcha

H20 got a gravestone because he was a major backer of the game on the kickstarter.

Which is also probably the reason why no one did anything over him making videos where he showed exploits and glitches.

53 minutes ago, Survival said:

H20 got a gravestone because he was a major backer of the game on the kickstarter.

Which is also probably the reason why no one did anything over him making videos where he showed exploits and glitches.

Even if he was a major Kickstarter backer it doesn’t make it right for him to glitch. Everybody should be treated equally. I mean really, do you know how many players he probably encouraged to do glitches just because he did them? He has millions of views, he’s apart of the reason people found out about these dumb ass cheating exploits. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

Even if he was a major Kickstarter backer it doesn’t make it right for him to glitch. Everybody should be treated equally. I mean really, do you know how many players he probably encouraged to do glitches just because he did them? He has millions of views, he’s apart of the reason people found out about these dumb ass cheating exploits. 

Oh I 100% agree with you there, I was just trying to answer you question :).

I find him incredibly annoying and cannot stand him or his videos, but it is what it is.

Gun / Illfonic has simply handled the whole thing terribly and not a single issue was dealt with in an acceptable / transparent manner. Numerous leaks, stolen codes, glitching youtubers /influencers etc. It has been quite a shit show.

However I think it is too late to do anything now anyway, this game is regarded as dead by majority of general public, only fans and trolls keep it alive. Banning H20 would do nothing now since he does not play the game anymore and neither do the rest of his fellow youtubers.

• Like 1

There is another one goes by Friday the Glitchteenth ,he is showing how to do every possible roof  top glitch on every map. Is it a grey area  if they all claim the glitches are done in private matches or some claim they show them so the developers can get an idea how to go about possibly "fixing" the glitches. At least there is one person who shows a counter measure for Jason to use for all the ones he shows.

Well...for a brief history lesson.

One of the first major controversies they brought upon themselves was when they released the game early for various twitch/youtubers because of the 'evolution' of gaming media and how that would bring more eyes to the game.

People had already figured out how to kill Jason before the game was even released for the public thanks to that approach. Probably should've been a major foreshadowing of things to come in that aspect.

I'm sure that thread/post is still around here somewhere and if not, its touched upon in Beware/Aldermach's documentary video.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Survival said:

Oh I 100% agree with you there, I was just trying to answer you question :).

I find him incredibly annoying and cannot stand him or his videos, but it is what it is.

Gun / Illfonic has simply handled the whole thing terribly and not a single issue was dealt with in an acceptable / transparent manner. Numerous leaks, stolen codes, glitching youtubers /influencers etc. It has been quite a shit show.

However I think it is too late to do anything now anyway, this game is regarded as dead by majority of general public, only fans and trolls keep it alive. Banning H20 would do nothing now since he does not play the game anymore and neither do the rest of his fellow youtubers.

Yes I know! Thanks for the answer as well. And yes I agree, he’s really annoying in his videos and wayyyyy too obnoxious/dramatic. 

Yes, now it’s too late to take action on it. H20 wouldn’t even get a slap on the wrist for glitching on top of the roof since he was a big backer of the game anyways. 

I just don’t think it’s fair to the playerbase as a whole. 

It’s pretty sad that in the graveyard stands a tombstone of a glitcher/exploiter.... that’s pathetic in my eyes regardless how much he backed the game. 

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

There is another one goes by Friday the Glitchteenth ,he is showing how to do every possible roof  top glitch on every map. Is it a grey area  if they all claim the glitches are done in private matches or some claim they show them so the developers can get an idea how to go about possibly "fixing" the glitches. At least there is one person who shows a counter measure for Jason to use for all the ones he shows.

I can thank the people that figure out the counters to the counselor glitches as Jason. Always feels good killing an exploiting pos.

24 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Well...for a brief history lesson.

One of the first major controversies they brought upon themselves was when they released the game early for various twitch/youtubers because of the 'evolution' of gaming media and how that would bring more eyes to the game.

People had already figured out how to kill Jason before the game was even released for the public thanks to that approach. Probably should've been a major foreshadowing of things to come in that aspect.

I'm sure that thread/post is still around here somewhere and if not, its touched upon in Beware/Aldermach's documentary video.

That’s really interesting. 

6 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It’s pretty sad that in the graveyard stands a tombstone of a glitcher/exploiter.... that’s pathetic in my eyes regardless how much he backed the game. 

Not only that, but on PC you also get an achievement for finding it... They must really hold him in high regard lol.

4 minutes ago, Survival said:

Not only that, but on PC you also get an achievement for finding it... They must really hold him in high regard lol.

Yep I got that achievement on Xbox. Lol

It’s not just YouTubers getting away with it. Everyone gets away with it. There is no regulation what so ever. This forum is more regulated than the game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Yes I know! Thanks for the answer as well. And yes I agree, he’s really annoying in his videos and wayyyyy too obnoxious/dramatic. 

Yes, now it’s too late to take action on it. H20 wouldn’t even get a slap on the wrist for glitching on top of the roof since he was a big backer of the game anyways.

They kissed the youtubers/twitch streamers butts quite a bit in those days and they returned the favor.

I can't remember if its in Virtual Cabin 2.0, but I remember in the original Virtual Cabin, they added Charmin toilet paper in one of the cabin rooms. He was another youtuber/streamer who  got early access.

Laphin also was in their corner for a long time, but then he eventually turned on them after seeing how incompetent they became over time with the updates. Now I think he just sort of distances himself from the community due to the toxicity.

For awhile, I thought Slash N Cast was cheerleading them on too, but they recently roasted them over their latest patch. So the public opinion from those who basically helped them get the game on the map hasn't been too kind lately either.

• Like 1

Well, at the expense of sounding like a broken record, if Gun wanted to combat glitching, they'd at least allow us to sticky the countermeasures on this forum.  

No conceivable advantage is gained by Jason getting on the roof.  The only reason to do so is to counter cheating counselors.  So why not allow us to post videos on how to get Jason up there?

• Like 1

First off, we don't ban players for the roof glitch. I've said it a million times here on the forums that the team is focused more on fixing a glitch or bug than punitive actions taken. If it were a hack of the game, that's different. But banning a player for a bug we have in our game is problematic, and it's a waste of resources dedicated to verifying and taking action on reports rather than working on our game to eliminate the bug or glitch. So this idea that a YouTube creator gets away with it because they're more popular and the community is being banned is entirely 100% false.

Secondly, the grave stone in game has been there since launch. Well before any videos were made of anyone on any roof in our game. The two things have nothing to do with each other.

Third and final, the last video I could find that sounds even remotely like what you are upset about is from 2017. This looks like a necro of a topic designed just to rile folks up.

I'm locking the thread, as there is zero benefit to the community from continuing this discussion.

• Thanks 2