Strigoi

The Possibility of a Jason Voorhees Titled video game. dropping Friday the 13th name.

There May be a chance for a Jason Voorhees video game title approved by Sean Cunningham.

There May be a Chance to use The Camp Blood and Jason Voorhees names for a Video Game Title.

Jason Takes Camp Blood.

We All ready know that WES KELTNER HAS SAID THAT HIM AND HIS GUNMEDIA COMPANY ARE DONE WITH FRIDAY THE 13TH AND JASON PERIOD.

So Wes Keltner and the company Gunmedia will never be touching Friday the 13th or Jason Voorhees again.

maybe Wes had a bad experience with Sean cunningham.

As Fans we need to ask the question to the SLASH N CAST GUYS AND SEAN CUNNINGHAM is it possible to get another Jason Voorhees titled game from another video game design and production development companies.

• Confused 1

I highly doubt this would be possible to use Jason in a new game with the current lawsuit going on. This lawsuit means all Friday the 13th content is on hold (movies, games, etc) and Jason is the face of Friday the 13th so I don’t see how it could be possible to use him in a new game

I would love another game....but being the unofficial forum legal defense team 😉. Appointed to this esteemed position by Judge @Fair Play  

I have to tell you....

Sean Cunningham will not spend money on this franchise until the ownership of Adult Hockey masked Jason is established which is part of the newest appeal.... 

Any Derivative work using characters created in the original Film will be subject to the copyright laws that Victor Miller now possesses......he owns Jason Voorhees by name only....

He doesn’t own the Hockey masked Killer that we know as Jason Voorhees but any profits made by a game or Film would be then subject to the copyright laws that Victor has and could than sue Cunningham for using his original character in a Derivative work. 

So until apparently the end of time I don’t see this happening.... until one of them run out of money or dies.... this franchise is in limbo.

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I would love another game....

But Sean Cunningham will not spend money on this franchise until the ownership of Adult Hockey masked Jason is established which is part on the newest appeal.... 

Any Derivative work using characters created in the original Film will be subject to the copyright laws that Victor Miller now possesses......he owns Jason Voorhees by name only....

He doesn’t own the Hockey masked Killer that we know as Jason Voorhees but any profits made by a game or Film would be then subject to the copyright laws that Victor has and could than sue Cunningham for using his original character in a Derivative work. 

So until apparently the end of time I don’t see this happening.... until one of them run out of money or dies.... this franchise is in limbo.

Maybe a Camp Blood titled video game.

Calling Jason by another name or having another killer villain.

10 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Maybe a Camp Blood titled video game.

Calling Jason by another name or having another killer villain.

Sure... a different titled game, a different killer.... is definitely possible, but I don’t see Horror INC. involved in any form if this is the case.

All we need is a Halloween game with Michael Myers...... we would all be happy as hell with this and it’d help keep our minds off the lawsuit and how sad it is that we can’t get anything new for Friday the 13th movie wise and game wise.  

1 minute ago, DontZzz34 said:

All we need is a Halloween game with Michael Myers...... we would all be happy as hell with this and it’d help keep our minds off the lawsuit and how sad it is that we can’t get anything new for Friday the 13th movie wise and game wise.  

i wished i knew how to share and capture facebook messages.

ive been asking Randy Greenback questions about the possibillities of GUNMEDIA doing a Halloween game and it sounds promising to me.

Just now, DontZzz34 said:

I have been praying to the Video game gods for a long...long time...I know I would be very happy with a Halloween game and with the sequel to 2018 Halloween coming....2020 all I can say is that would be the perfect tie in to the success the franchise has recently had.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

i wished i knew how to share and capture facebook messages.

ive been asking Randy Greenback questions about the possibillities of GUNMEDIA doing a Halloween game and it sounds promising to me.

I can only keep my fingers crossed that a Halloween game is possible

5 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I have been praying to the Video game gods for a long...long time...I know I would be very happy with a Halloween game and with the sequel to 2018 Halloween coming....2020 all I can say is that would be the perfect tie in to the success the franchise has recently had.

Same here. I hope the video game gods have heard our prayers and fulfill our wishes. And a new Halloween movie and video game in the same year would bring in a boatload of $. 

• Like 1

i asked Randy Greenback could there be a possible HUGE Announcement for a game that gunmedia may be working on this Halloween Randy Greenback awnsered i cannot awnser that.

So i asked Randy Greenback on facebook Do you think it could ever be a possibillity for Gunmedia to work on an official Halloween game.

Randy Greenback replied  its all a matter of licensing but i cant say for sure what is possible.

8 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

So i asked Randy Greenback on facebook Do you think it could ever be a possibillity for Gunmedia to work on an official Halloween game.

Randy Greenback replied  its all a matter of licensing but i cant say for sure what is possible.

It really just depends what developer makes the first jump and goes for the license and puts forth the effort to make a Halloween game. 

Well Jason himself is a character that you can be sued over lol. It’s not just a matter of changing the games legal name. You also can’t just change the name of Jason to another killer in a hockey mask. Remember Last Year the Nightmares concept art? They got sued over having a killer in a hockey mask.

25 minutes ago, DontZzz34 said:

It really just depends what developer makes the first jump and goes for the license and puts forth the effort to make a Halloween game. 

to me it sounds as if GUNMEDIA May be working towards getting The official Halloween game title license.

I Could see them croud funding a Halloween game.

there is reasons why croud funding is better.

the reasons croud funding is better is because the extras and packages that come with croudfunding.

12 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

Well Jason himself is a character that you can be sued over lol. It’s not just a matter of changing the games legal name. You also can’t just change the name of Jason to another killer in a hockey mask. Remember Last Year the Nightmares concept art? They got sued over having a killer in a hockey mask.

i always wondered why the game LAST YEAR never was released.

11 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

to me it sounds as if GUNMEDIA May be working towards getting The official Halloween game title license.

I Could see them croud funding a Halloween game.

there is reasons why croud funding is better.

the reasons croud funding is better is because the extras and packages that come with croudfunding.

If they do make a Halloween game I hope they make it scary as hell. F13 is a great game but it isn’t that scary. If more Jason’s knew how to use stalk then it’d be more scary but part of that is on the players. I made some players scream on the mic with my stalk abilities, it’s quite amusing 😁

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

i always wondered why the game LAST YEAR never was released.

It was released... on PC. 

There’s still a chance it may get released on console but from what I understand its currently impossible to get a match  on PC because of how small the player base is. The pubs are also radio silent, although their last communication was that they had a patch in progress but who knows if we’ll ever see it. 

I’d like to think they still have a chance to turn it around but wouldn’t bet on it.

@OCT 31 1978, I agree with you on the stalemate of the legal matter. Stubbornness and pride are in the way of putting out new works to appeal to the massive fan base this franchise has. It's a crying shame.

I'm performing a prayer to the gaming gods in hopes that change will come sooner rather than later. Anyone who wishes to assist can meet me in the old cemetery. Take a left at the campfire, then a right by the old shack deep in the woods. I'll have refreshments. 😎

@Strigoi, if Randy has any knowledge of upcoming developments, he may be forbidden to share anything specific for legal reasons. If something big is on the horizon, all of us will find out in time.

@Slasher_Clone, anything's possible.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

@OCT 31 1978, I agree with you on the stalemate of the legal matter. Stubbornness and pride are in the way of putting out new works to appeal to the massive fan base this franchise has. It's a crying shame.

I'm performing a prayer to the gaming gods in hopes that change will come sooner rather than later. Anyone who wishes to assist can meet me in the old cemetery. Take a left at the campfire, then a right by the old shack deep in the woods. I'll have refreshments. 😎

@Strigoi, if Randy has any knowledge of upcoming developments, he may be forbidden to share anything specific for legal reasons. If something big is on the horizon, all of us will find out in time.

@Slasher_Clone, anything's possible.

I Hope we will Hear something in september.

but i do agree only time will tell.

but with my conversations with Randy it sounds as if there is some movement going on around the Halloween title.

the question is how would Halloween 3 season of the witch fit in.

Croud funding should not be left off the table.

If a Hallowwen game is in development by Gunmedia these are the croud funding package ideas i have.

special Halloween 2 pumpkin console controller.

Halloween the game soundtrack cd.

Deluxe versions of the game with Dlc extras.

If Halloween gets announced i think the forum members we should push for a full, offline, single player,story,campaign mode along with online multiplayer.

2 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I have been doing the same thing. I really want a Halloween game to become a reality and like you said now would be the perfect time to make one happen. The 2018 movie was a major success and the 2020 movie will probably be a even bigger success. A game announcment alongside the new movie would make the franchise the most relevant it has ever been and bring in LOTS of 💰. I would like to think that Gun is secretly working on something 😜. For a start, it would be awesome if Michael Myers was a guest in MK11. I would accept that until we eventually get a fully fledged Halloween game.

• Like 2

Would enjoy seeing a new Halloween game.

Better than waiting for 2 old guys fighting to the death over rights to Jason Voorhees to agree on a settlement.

In the end they are both hurting the franchise by dragging it out.

Something tells me this lawsuit gives them something to live for.

They are going to be around forever. 😄 

• Thanks 1

@Strigoi, that's a pretty big Christmas wish list you have going on. Let's first get a confirmation that a Halloween game is definitely in the works, then go from there.

• Like 3

With TWO new Halloween movies gearing up to be shot this Fall, they are in excellent position to just take the F13th formula, polish it and apply it to that franchise. There are more than enough character archetypes, locations and Michael Myers version to allow for plenty of interesting content. I am sure once the rights things is cleared up, Blumhouse and Universal would be down for the licence to be used.

• Like 1