Sign in to follow this  
VoorheesIfUPlz

Scream Team? Are They Real?

Haven't played in a long time but wanted to stop by here to check on this legend going around that I keep hearing about. Some ppl are telling stories way back when about this big tournament that had a trophy and everything and there was this squad called Scream Team that wrecked the hell out of everyone. Like that they started the tank trapping strat and splitting Jason at objectives. I've lurked the forums but haven't seen or heard much about them. Is this even real? I know the game is in kind of a broken state right now but it's cool to think about a time when that kinda 5D chess was going on. Anywayz, just thought I'd shout out here and see if anyone had info. Peaceout.

Some people have been telling stories about this game for 2 years, that one day it will eventually be bug free.

Legend has it...SOON. Don't believe everything you hear. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I was The Scream Teams Jason for that tournament, Counselor Conquest.  With the point system that was used to score how well each team was at pushing/ completing objectives and communication, combined with how our dedicated team of counselors tackled objectives and kept each other teams Jason constantly moving when either a deliberate trap was tripped as a lure or how stealthily vehicles got repaired or cops were called, all I had to do was play as I normally do.  As Jason, constantly listen for sound cues by trap alerts and such or play "goalie" with objectives, all the while keeping pressure up on anyone I chased or baited into missed attacks on me.  Since people thought going for the Jason kill early was a good idea, almost no objectives were completed by most teams, and each attempt failed on their parts.  Each team had all of their players killed in every match I played as Jason, absolutely no escapes, and maybe Tommy called once or twice (calling Tommy had a point value, as did each completed vehicle repair, police call, and so on).  I don't remember the scores we got VS each team, but maybe @malloymk or @Shadesofjoe possibly had written them down.  

We got a trophy (which @malloymkhad posted once before) and I got a Part IV Jason mask signed by Ted White.  I'd post the pic, but the damn file is too large and I couldn't post it properly. 

Keep in mind, this was around the time the game was functionally at its best (I believe around the Oct./ Part IV patch).  In-game performance and quality has such a huge impact on not just enjoyment levels, but having a complete and bug-free match more often than not, that's basically why, sadly, most of the team has split up for DbD.  

Edit: It was @Shadesofjoe who posted the trophy pic.  Here is the link

Edit #2:  Here was my topic created shortly after the tournament was over.  There are some rundowns of what transpired posted in there...  Looks like I can't link the post because its too old...?  It was titled "Counselor Conquest... CONQUERED!"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, RustInPeace said:

I was The Scream Teams Jason for that tournament, Counselor Conquest.  With the point system that was used to score how well each team was at pushing/ completing objectives and communication, combined with how our dedicated team of counselors tackled objectives and kept each other teams Jason constantly moving when either a deliberate trap was tripped as a lure or how stealthily vehicles got repaired or cops were called, all I had to do was play as I normally do.  As Jason, constantly listen for sound cues by trap alerts and such or play "goalie" with objectives, all the while keeping pressure up on anyone I chased or baited into missed attacks on me.  Since people thought going for the Jason kill early was a good idea, almost no objectives were completed by most teams, and each attempt failed on their parts.  Each team had all of their players killed in every match I played as Jason, absolutely no escapes, and maybe Tommy called once or twice (calling Tommy had a point value, as did each completed vehicle repair, police call, and so on).  I don't remember the scores we got VS each team, but maybe @malloymk or @Shadesofjoe possibly had written them down.  

We got a trophy (which @malloymkhad posted once before) and I got a Part IV Jason mask signed by Ted White.  I'd post the pic, but the damn file is too large and I couldn't post it properly. 

Keep in mind, this was around the time the game was functionally at its best (I believe around the Oct./ Part IV patch).  In-game performance and quality has such a huge impact on not just enjoyment levels, but having a complete and bug-free match more often than not, that's basically why, sadly, most of the team has split up for DbD.  

Edit: It was @Shadesofjoe who posted the trophy pic.  Here is the link

Edit #2:  Here was my topic created shortly after the tournament was over.  There are some rundowns of what transpired posted in there...  Looks like I can't link the post because its too old...?  It was titled "Counselor Conquest... CONQUERED!"

Wow that sound amazeballs. Looks like you guyz really revolutionized the game and stomped some n00bs. I know there's tournaments and stuff going on now and I hear some of those teams want a crack at you guys, but it looks like Scream Team has jack shit to prove. Good on you guys!

• Thanks 1

We were pretty good. Hard to say we revolutionized the game. But with Rust as Jason and a squad of people that communicate with objectives, it was pretty much gg ez. 

Nothing to prove anymore. Especially with the game in the state it's in right now.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, malloymk said:

Nothing to prove anymore. Especially with the game in the state it's in right now.

This exactly.  Since that tournament, the amount, frequency,  and severity of in-game bugs has gotten to a point that, for me, there is absolutely no reason to try these current attempts at tournaments (on top of most teams being filled with cheaters and exploiters, and most of these tourneys are fine with multiple use of glitches or exploits such as sliding and the like). Plus, none us feel the need to boast constantly (another thing these "teams" do on shit like Facebook or Twitter, while they stream how to/ how much they abuse the game).

• Like 2

@RustInPeace

Good points, its cool though that we still have a solid group that keep together and play the game casual but fair despite the bugs and glitches.

@malloymk would be nice to have you join sometime... Been way too long Sir. 

And yes, trolls and glitchers are a problem, have always been and will always remain. Though the playerbase has evolved and there are alot more good groups, players, Jasons, etc. (since fall 2017) out there so you shouldn't generalize on account of random bad experiences.

I also hate the fact that were not getting any new content, but still the majority of the rounds that we play haven't been plagued with issues.

And ot, I was not a part of scream team, but I have had the honor of playing with these players for about two years now. Seriously the best group ever! 

• Thanks 1

I watched one 'tournament' match...it was a just a glorified 7 Vanessas vs 1 Part 4 Jason in a poorly coded street fighter match where Jason is surrounded while each side slides around all over the place looking to place melee shots on one another to setup a kill or for Jason to land hits.

Far as im concerned.

A competitive build would be the following...

Jason

- No Sense or no sense toggling

- Permanent Stalk

- Could only be killed in the final 5 minutes

- Could put his mask back on if removed

- Shift and Morph available from the start

- I'd allow flare guns to stun Jason in rage mode and Tommy with any weapon

- No Jason cue music until the final 5 minutes

Counselor

- No clones, so there would never be a scenario where its always 7 fucking lazy ass Vanessas loaded with medic/hypo/swift attacker

- Lobbies would have to run 4 guys/4 girls, so if the 4 girls die first, no kill opportunity for you

- Since Jason doesn't have Sense, stealth would be far more valuable late game for counselor

- The power boxes start off, so the Tommy call is made one step harder

- No small maps, only the large maps with a boat opportunity (either random or forced like Pinehurst/Jarvis)

Course, the reality is...nobody would play a 'hardcore' or 'competitive' mode in the public sense except for those who actually wanted a different experience. The purists and trolls would absolutely avoid it at all costs because its 'not the way it was intended'.

17 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

I watched one 'tournament' match...it was a just a glorified 7 Vanessas vs 1 Part 4 Jason in a poorly coded street fighter match where Jason is surrounded while each side slides around all over the place looking to place melee shots on one another to setup a kill or for Jason to land hits.

Must be from a more recent attempt at a tournament.  Many of them allow the counselors to use either certain exploits or ALL of them, and that is the furthest thing from any possible competitive play.  None of that took place during any of our matches.  Straight up objective pushing and comms all the way from us and all teams involved.  Aside from the bugs, all the problems come from streamers and casual dildos exhibiting poor gameplay skills and instead show off how to do all the hated stuff (roof glitches, sliding, etc...).  I just hope Black Tower can get this game straightened out (but I don't expect much, and that's not a jab at them specifically...  Multiple developers and the game is still in an almost "alpha/beta" stage with things that should have been fixed WAY before release was in sight).  I TOTALLY would be on board with a Hardcore mode that limits certain things and adds more of a challenge, and I AM a purist for the original intention of the game (a challenging survival cat & mouse game, not this CoD-lite perk based bs).

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

Must be from a more recent attempt at a tournament.  Many of them allow the counselors to use either certain exploits or ALL of them, and that is the furthest thing from any possible competitive play.  None of that took place during any of our matches.  Straight up objective pushing and comms all the way from us and all teams involved.  Aside from the bugs, all the problems come from streamers and casual dildos exhibiting poor gameplay skills and instead show off how to do all the hated stuff (roof glitches, sliding, etc...).  I just hope Black Tower can get this game straightened out (but I don't expect much, and that's not a jab at them specifically...  Multiple developers and the game is still in an almost "alpha/beta" stage with things that should have been fixed WAY before release was in sight).

Yep agreed