Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

How did people learn to play this game with controllers?

Must've been hard to learn how to play this game on XBOX/PS4.

Being a PC player, the controls just feel so wonky with a controller by comparison to the keys/mouse.

I do understand there is one benefit to it with shift. Sort of a side strafe shift or something you can do with a controller.

You can do the wobble shift on PC, but not the strafe shift with a keyboard. Unless its just a well kept secret.

7 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

Must've been hard to learn how to play this game on XBOX/PS4.

Being a PC player, the controls just feel so wonky with a controller by comparison to the keys/mouse.

I do understand there is one benefit to it with shift. Sort of a side strafe shift or something you can do with a controller.

You can do the wobble shift on PC, but not the strafe shift with a keyboard. Unless its just a well kept secret.

I’ve always used a controller, so I can’t really comment on how M&K relate to it as an experience but I will say I think there’s a definite advantage to using a mouse. When watching streamers some of the turns that are preformed seem almost like they have a button to switch direction of travel by a perfect 180 degrees, which just isn’t possible when using a controller, no matter how high your sensitivity is set.

I use controller only for pc gaming, unless the game doesn't have support for it. This game plays really well on a controller. Only issue I ever have is when im running and turning real quick, sometimes i accidently push down on the R stick and go into combat stance when all I wanted to do was loop around. This has got me killed a few times.. lol

Have been playing on a controller since the 80s.

I understand at first it feels like this...

do-with-my-hands.gif

Thinking-that-if-you-lean-side-to-side-w

You will learn to master the controller after some practice.

ku-xlarge.gif

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, GhostWolfViking said:

Have been playing on a controller since the 80s.

I understand at first it feels like this...

do-with-my-hands.gif

Thinking-that-if-you-lean-side-to-side-w

You will learn to master the controller after some practice.

ku-xlarge.gif

Same man.. haha

3 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

seem almost like they have a button to switch direction of travel by a perfect 180 degrees

there is a button that allows jason to do a super sharp turn during shift. its the RB or R1 button i believe. i dont use it as often because i do a little better without, depending on the situation.

I’ve always been a Xbox gamer so I’ve been using a controller ever since I was a kid. It’s just what I’m used to. If I were to play Friday the 13th or any other video game on a PC, it’d probably be really weird for me and I probably wouldn’t do too well lol. 

I wonder the same thing about how people play games on PC with a mouse and keyboard. I tried it at a friend's house and holy shit it is hard. I always have been a console player. I first started out on the Nintendo 64 to the PS1 and PS2 and now I have been with Xbox since 2010. Using a controller is way easier IMO. 

• Like 1

I do pretty well with controllers and the keyboard/mouse. With either, it's all about practice and muscle memory. I've had years of practice with both, and enjoy a variety of games using each method.

Grew up playing N64, SNES, PS1,2,3 and now PS4 and I tell ya it's just natural now lol Alternatively I can't play with K&M at all when I tried to play L4D2 with them I just kept running against walls, my aim was way off, etc. 😂

17 minutes ago, mike-hannigan said:

Grew up playing N64, SNES, PS1,2,3 and now PS4 and I tell ya it's just natural now lol Alternatively I can't play with K&M at all when I tried to play L4D2 with them I just kept running against walls, my aim was way off, etc. 😂

There's nothing like going back to the basics of old school gaming. I hop into SNES gaming a couple times a month.

I've played L4D 1&2 on console and PC. There are subtle differences between each, but it's fun either way.

After decades of playing halo and the like, using a controller is as natural to me as using a fork and spoon. I actually have more trouble using a mouse. But like the above comment says, it's a matter of practice and familiarity 

36 minutes ago, SonofOdin6039 said:

After decades of playing halo and the like, using a controller is as natural to me as using a fork and spoon. I actually have more trouble using a mouse. But like the above comment says, it's a matter of practice and familiarity 

I like the fork and spoon reference. 

• Haha 1

I play on PC. With a controller. It's easy unless you have some sort of disability.

On 6/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, glowing ooze said:

there is a button that allows jason to do a super sharp turn during shift. its the RB or R1 button i believe. i dont use it as often because i do a little better without, depending on the situation.

RB allows for full control over shift(while manipulating left and right joy sticks). Can shift in place, sideways, back and forth, instantly change direction, spin in circles. Its amazing, but haven't played around with it enough to master it, so usually don't use it either in QP. People that have mastered it are really badass Jasons. There is no hiding anywhere. They can shift through a whole house and back again without missing a beat.