Sign in to follow this  
SteadyGosling

Will anyone be playing Switch Édition?

Though it’s not the nicest to talk about, with the games already low numbers, and the time till switch is out, plus a couple basic things, will Anyone be playing switch edition?

heres my worries,

1.The games already got low numbers, 2.A switch port can be potentially buggy, even more broken then what we have, 3.Why would any returning players buy a new game for switch to just replay all the time and unlocks? 

I feel like unless we have a new switch community coming in, it’ll be hard to fill in the community with already existing members.

with the fact that the pre existing dlc is coming with it, and the idea that a switch version may potentially be the only version we can really never see hackers on, I’m sure it’ll go with a good release, but I’m not so sure it’ll last as long as PC and console have.. what are your guys thoughts?

24 minutes ago, SteadyGosling said:

Though it’s not the nicest to talk about, with the games already low numbers, and the time till switch is out, plus a couple basic things, will Anyone be playing switch edition?

heres my worries,

1.The games already got low numbers, 2.A switch port can be potentially buggy, even more broken then what we have, 3.Why would any returning players buy a new game for switch to just replay all the time and unlocks? 

I feel like unless we have a new switch community coming in, it’ll be hard to fill in the community with already existing members.

with the fact that the pre existing dlc is coming with it, and the idea that a switch version may potentially be the only version we can really never see hackers on, I’m sure it’ll go with a good release, but I’m not so sure it’ll last as long as PC and console have.. what are your guys thoughts?

Was it even released?.....

If the swithcversion has the offline modes on the physical media(and not as DLC update data),i would buy a Switch just for Friday the 13th.However i have been wrong before.The Ultimate Slasher Edition for PS4 was supposed to included the offline modes and it didn't.so i guess we'll see.

7 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Was it even released?.....

They said it was headed for a spring release, but it looks like it’s  been bumped all the way to late August....

8 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

I most likely won't. I've got a few Switch units in the house, but I bought 8 copies of this game previously for my household already.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

They said it was headed for a spring release, but it looks like it’s  been bumped all the way to late August....

Oh dang :(

I don't know which version you're referring to as having low numbers,but every lobby I go in on ps4 its full of  players under level 20, it's very alive and well on ps4, never a problem finding a match. This is EU servers BTW. 

1 hour ago, kohagan said:

I don't know which version you're referring to as having low numbers,but every lobby I go in on ps4 its full of  players under level 20, it's very alive and well on ps4, never a problem finding a match. This is EU servers BTW. 

Same with Xbox. I see a lot of new low level players all the time. New gamer tags and I think consoles have much higher playerbase. Is there anyway we can get a player count for consoles?

18 hours ago, DontZzz34 said:

Same with Xbox. I see a lot of new low level players all the time. New gamer tags and I think consoles have much higher playerbase. Is there anyway we can get a player count for consoles?

I don't believe there is a way on consoles but interestingly on ps4, people have been finding a way to get player counts for games based off ps4 my playstation life. If anyone could work it out that way, would be interesting. Unfortunately I tried it and f13 wasn't in my video despite being the most played game. 

For details check this article 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-12-17-someone-figured-out-every-playstation-games-player-count-using-my-ps4-life-videos

There hasn't been any press about a Switch release since March 4th, which stated spring 2019. Japan recently announced an end of August release date, but nothing about the release anywhere else. https://jackofallcontrollers.com/2019/06/02/friday-the-13th-the-game-ultimate-slasher-switch-edition-launches-on-august-29th-2019-in-japan/

The lack of press for the release should be concerning for anyone interested in purchasing it. Even though they've announced a release date ostensibly in the next 3 days, they've yet to release any gameplay footage from the switch (which makes me believe the port quality is dog shit) nor have they even released a trailer for it.

Even Dead by Daylight has a switch release date (end of September), a trailer with gameplay from the switch released late last winter, and a video with about 10 minutes of gameplay from the device, showing very little difference regarding performance and textures from dbd console version to switch.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:50 AM, Lilcubo335 said:

Im losing patience not getting any updates

Don't lose your cool. It may be taking longer than one would hope, but we'll get an update at some point.

• Like 1

Me? Never and it's not because I don't like the switch or because I care about graphics but because the lack of cross-save. Having to level up and unlock everything again is a big no-no for me. Specially rolling perks AGAIN considering how shitty the system is and how hard it is to earn CP on lower levels.

• Like 1

No I legit asked the developers on twitter and instead of a delay or release date for something supposedly coming out in 3 days they stopped answering me and kept answering other people f them

Well...they kinda got themselves into a corner with this one don't they?

I mean its obvious they want to milk whatever's left of potential buyers towards the game, despite it having zero future in terms of freshness.

But like most other re-releases and 'remasters' and this and that from other companies. Those companies can add in extra outfits and other content and package it as something 'new' by comparison to previous releases in order to con people into buying a 'new version' of the same game.

These guys allegedly can't do that. Probably the most they could do is include whatever content came with the physical releases.

So it begs to question...why not just put the resources you have towards porting the game towards actually fixing the existing platforms or add in cross platform to help condense and at the same time add to the overall playerbase?

The Switch idea seems like another blunder...in a big list of blunders like Paranoia, Grendel/Uber and the likely (but not officially) redone perk idea.

6 hours ago, Lilcubo335 said:

No I legit asked the developers on twitter and instead of a delay or release date for something supposedly coming out in 3 days they stopped answering me and kept answering other people f them

Is it possible that they stopped responding to you, because of how you asked them, or even how frequently you asked them?

It's better that they do not give a specific release date. If they give one and can't meet the deadline, the players will get more upset.

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Well...they kinda got themselves into a corner with this one don't they? It's not looking good at the moment.

I mean its obvious they want to milk whatever's left of potential buyers towards the game, despite it having zero future in terms of freshness.

There's only but so much potential cash to pull in using that strategy, given the history, reputation, and word of mouth of this game.

But like most other re-releases and 'remasters' and this and that from other companies. Those companies can add in extra outfits and other content and package it as something 'new' by comparison to previous releases in order to con people into buying a 'new version' of the same game. Hopefully the client side data is implemented at that point.

These guys allegedly can't do that. Probably the most they could do is include whatever content came with the physical releases.

That sounds about right.

So it begs to question...why not just put the resources you have towards porting the game towards actually fixing the existing platforms or add in cross platform to help condense and at the same time add to the overall playerbase?

The real question is, which option would be cheaper and easier on their end?

The Switch idea seems like another blunder...in a big list of blunders like Paranoia, Grendel/Uber and the likely (but not officially) redone perk idea.

I do hope the perk rework comes to fruition.

• Like 1

Honestly, they've got some nerve trying to sell their broken game on a new platform.

20 minutes ago, malloymk said:

Honestly, they've got some nerve trying to sell their broken game on a new platform.

Now it has a release date too. August 13, lol. You should give it up man.

32 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Now it has a release date too. August 13, lol. You should give it up man.

In all seriousness, what should I give up? I don't get your comment.

36 minutes ago, malloymk said:

In all seriousness, what should I give up? I don't get your comment.

Your bitterness, I get that things happen at a snails pace but why not be here for the community instead of what you currently do. 

I'm not bitter. I do have opinions about the game. I also have opinions on companies that sell broken products.

This is an internet forum. I'm sorry our difference of opinion on such bothers you. I'll keep posting my thoughts regardless though. You're more than welcome to do the same.

1 hour ago, malloymk said:

I'm not bitter. I do have opinions about the game. I also have opinions on companies that sell broken products.

This is an internet forum. I'm sorry our difference of opinion on such bothers you. I'll keep posting my thoughts regardless though. You're more than welcome to do the same.

Sure thing buddy.

On 6/16/2019 at 10:35 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I suspect Savini and Jason X will be included but locked in the data, thus allowing for hackers to get them.

And it's notoriously easy to hack the switch.

:(

I likely will if only because I'm on a family online plan and my brother has wanted to play with me. I likely won't get it at launch though and I won't be getting it at all if it doesn't have client side saves.