Ok so after reading the verdict in regards to Horror inc. VS. Victor Miller it seems the judge gave Miller the rights over all of the characters in the original film. Not over Jason himself. What does this have to do with this game? The kills, the maps and Jason himself. I see no reason why production needed to stop. This game was already giving the greenlight before the trail took place. I'm sorry . 

• Like 1

I think it’s bc anything that’s related to Friday the 13th can’t be created. That means anything new. New movies, new games, new content for the game, etc. I think I’m right on this, someone correct me if I’m wrong. 

@K2345 Because all sequels and spin offs are derivative of the original work as decided by the courts....requiring the license holders approval to move forward with any new content...

@DontZzz34 you are correct.

39 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@K2345 Because all sequels and spin offs are derivative of the original work as decided by the courts....requiring the license holders approval to move forward with any new content...

I see but does Victor Miller currently hold those rights?

20 minutes ago, K2345 said:

I see but does Victor Miller currently hold those rights?

It’s is quite confusing....

Victor Miller currently holds the rights to Friday the 13th the Original film and its characters from the first film only ....in the United States....

Horror INC holds the rights to the sequels in the United States.....and the entire franchise overseas........Millers current rights also give him controlling rights to derivative works based on characters from  the original..... Though he doesn’t own the undead hockey masked killer he does own the name Jason Voorhees as he is a character created in the original film.... making moving the franchise forward very hard and creating new content based on the property impossible without both parties on the same page....since everything continuing the franchise can fall under a derivative of the original film.

hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It’s is quite confusing....

Victor Miller currently holds the rights to Friday the 13th the Original film and its characters from the first film....in the United States....

Horror INC holds the rights to the sequels in the United States.....and the entire franchise overseas........Millers current rights also give him controlling rights to derivative works based on characters from  the original..... Though he doesn’t own the undead hockey masked killer he does own the name Jason Voorhees as he is a character created in the original film.... making moving the franchise forward very hard and creating new content based on the property impossible without both parties on the same page.

hope this helps.

Thank you

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

This sums it up.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, K2345 said:

Ok so after reading the verdict in regards to Horror inc. VS. Victor Miller it seems the judge gave Miller the rights over all of the characters in the original film. Not over Jason himself. What does this have to do with this game? The kills, the maps and Jason himself. I see no reason why production needed to stop. This game was already giving the greenlight before the trail took place. I'm sorry . 

GUN had been openly looking for a way to stop working on the game. They had to keep re-working things because they would fix one thing and break 7 more, and they tipped the balancing in favor of  the counselors, making Jason a miserable experience to play as. Only Black Tower recently added something (Rage) that would tip it back for Jason.

But GUN just wanted to stop on this, say "we don't wanna", and work on something else.

In fact, they did get something else to work on; they currently have the license to make a Predator game. Problem is that it looks like it'll be another Evolve Clone.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Daneasaur said:

In fact, they did get something else to work on; they currently have the license to make a Predator game. Problem is that it looks like it'll be another Evolve Clone.

Are you talking about Gun here? If so then that is 100% wrong. Gun has absolutely no involvement in that upcoming Predator game. It will be published by Sony and developed by Illfonic. No Gun involvement whatsoever. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigJay said:

Are you talking about Gun here? If so then that is 100% wrong. Gun has absolutely no involvement in that upcoming Predator game. It will be published by Sony and developed by Illfonic. No Gun involvement whatsoever. 

Right, GUN is working on layers of fear 2.

1 minute ago, Daneasaur said:

Right, GUN is working on layers of fear 2.

True! That game released on May 28th. It's unclear if it  will be supported with post launch content or not since the developer that worked on that game with Gun are already making another game titled "Blair Witch" that will be released in late August. Idk, maybe Gun wants to move on to something that they can make a profit off of since they are not making anything off F13 anymore. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BigJay said:

True! That game released on May 28th. It's unclear if it  will be supported with post launch content or not since the developer that worked on that game with Gun are already making another game titled "Blair Witch" that will be released in late August. Idk, maybe Gun wants to move on to something that they can make a profit off of since they are not making anything off F13 anymore. 

The first rule of business is to make that money... 😎

At least we are still getting support for this game in the way of fixes. As long as we get client side access to our progress at the very end, that's all that matters.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The first rule of business is to make that money... 😎

At least we are still getting support for this game in the way of fixes. As long as we get client side access to our progress at the very end, that's all that matters.

Very true! All I want now is a game with very little bugs and glitches in it. As long as the servers are still up then that is all that matters. And who knows! Maybe they are secretly working on a new horror game we don't know about while also supporting this game with bug fixes. Wes was teasing something on Twitter months ago so maybe they could be working on something now. That would be awesome! 

• Like 1

Well on PC/Steam the Database Log in failures have been fixed at least here in the US so they are fixing things.I just hope they do indeed fix the slingshot beartrap method to get on roofs although I have not seen many if any roof glitchers in a few weeks.

• Like 1

Ok someone is spewing this on the Steam discussion board.   That lawsuit had nothing to do with the game. Both parties in the lawsuit have stated themselves the game is not affected. The devs took the money and ran. They pretty much abandoned the game.... I woudn't buy another game from them, if it was two dollars.

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Ok someone is spewing this on the Steam discussion board.   That lawsuit had nothing to do with the game. Both parties in the lawsuit have stated themselves the game is not affected. The devs took the money and ran. They pretty much abandoned the game.... I woudn't buy another game from them, if it was two dollars.

Did they post any evidence of that??? God id sure hope that isn’t true..

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

From everything I've read,Both this game and the Puzzle game were both told to stop content.

I know. That’s what we’ve all seen. But that person who posted that, where did they get that info from that both parties said the game wasn’t affected 

9 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I pointed out as a reply that the puzzle game was affected.Waiting for a response.

I think they’re full of bs honestly lol. They need to have solid evidence for anyone to believe their claim. But let us know what they say

@DontZzz34 and @TimDuke 01

you are correct the person posting that Bullshit is full of it....

Both games have been affected by the lawsuit...

Both had a cut off date pushed on them to get any content that they could into the game by the courts because of the lawsuit.....the puzzle game added some new content that was released after the cut off because it was completed and hidden within the code of the game....this was Ghost Jason and I believe one other Jason skin.

Gun also attempted to get as much as they could into the game but unfortunately couldn’t finish the assets or map in time.... this is obviously Jason x and Grendel Map and other weapon kills.... as some of these made it into the code but were never finished... we have all see the kills and Jason x skins by now.

it is the reason for no new content and if the developers did attempt a cash grab they wouldn’t bother continuing to address bug fixes or balances adjustments....no proof will be provided by that poster on steam because there isn’t any that contradicts the facts.

That poster needs to ask themselves if it was a cash grab why wouldn’t they continue to put out DLC that would obviously make them more money since all they care about is a “cash grab”.......the weapon kills and PJ pack....would be easy money the community would Gobble it right up.... this ridiculous conspiracy theory is null in void by facts....

If they could continue to create new content they would....it’s the unfortunate truth.

21 hours ago, BigJay said:

Very true! All I want now is a game with very little bugs and glitches in it. As long as the servers are still up then that is all that matters. And who knows! Maybe they are secretly working on a new horror game we don't know about while also supporting this game with bug fixes. Wes was teasing something on Twitter months ago so maybe they could be working on something now. That would be awesome! 

Illfonic is indeed working on a new game:

I sadly feel that this won't be the same as F13 where it's one totally OP player and 7 weak characters who's goal is to escape, but rather, the terribly unfun gameplay of Evolve. The ability of the "group" of people to fight back has to be so severely toned down that, if the players are going to have guns, the predator will have to be bulletproof. I just don't see it turning out good until I see much more.

As for F13, what is odd is that the Uber Jason and his 6 kills were put in during the May 2018 update that gave us the challenge mode. June 11th was the cutoff date when the lawsuit was fully started.

• Thanks 1

On 6/16/2019 at 10:29 PM, BigJay said:

Many of us would like a game that is relatively bug free. It is great that the servers are still up and running. People will eventually have to accept the fact that it won't hold true forever, and eventually be prepared for the day when they shut down (hopefully not for a long while).

I wouldn't be opposed to Gun working with someone on a new horror game down the road, but I"m not holding my breath on that one.

21 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It sounds like either:

A (a hoax) or

B (someone is misinformed and spreading information without getting their facts straight)

19 hours ago, Daneasaur said:

Illfonic is indeed working on a new game:

I sadly feel that this won't be the same as F13 where it's one totally OP player and 7 weak characters who's goal is to escape, but rather, the terribly unfun gameplay of Evolve. The ability of the "group" of people to fight back has to be so severely toned down that, if the players are going to have guns, the predator will have to be bulletproof. I just don't see it turning out good until I see much more.

I think the Predator would be fine even if he wasn't bulletproof. Just give him some really impressive hunting tools, and things would work out fine. All the guns in the world won't matter, if the Predator is engineered just right.

@OCT 31 1978, thanks for posting that article. I hereby appoint you to our unofficial forum legal defense team. Congratulations! 😎

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 3:38 PM, Fair Play said:

@OCT 31 1978, thanks for posting that article. I hereby appoint you to our unofficial forum legal defense team. Congratulations! 😎

I accept this highly coveted position.

And my first rebuttal to our friend providing misinformation on the Steam discussion boards is....