Chrisdahlia

How much longer til the next patch comes out?

Anybody know when the next patch is supposed to drop? I know Gun works hard on this game but this last patch has been a total abomination, I straight up stopped playing the game for like a month. Just played for the first time since like May and of course, Jason grabs me, kills me, game glitches, I break free. Then I repair the phone box, call the cops and escape except the game glitches again so instead of the "you survived" graphic the screen is just stuck on the police and my connection times out and I get no XP. I'm trying to get 100% completetion on this game (badges, achievements, maxed out XP) so it's really annoying when the game glitches and I don't get credit for it. Hopefully the next patch fixes these bugs and gets here soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Tough to say as to when the next patch will be here. The last one took 5 months to come. I would say at minimum to expect it to drop in 2-3 months. With the plethora of still existing bugs and glitches compounded by the new ones the last patch brought us along with all the other issues me and so many other players have submitted to be fixed i honestly think the online servers will be turned off before everything gets fixed to where the game would be considered in a good state. Just my thoughts though

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Official_Adam_W said:

Tough to say as to when the next patch will be here. The last one took 5 months to come. I would say at minimum to expect it to drop in 2-3 months. With the plethora of still existing bugs and glitches compounded by the new ones the last patch brought us along with all the other issues me and so many other players have submitted to be fixed i honestly think the online servers will be turned off before everything gets fixed to where the game would be considered in a good state. Just my thoughts though

To quote Metallica:

"Sad but true."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, gtdjlocker311 said:

To quote Metallica:

"Sad but true."

A fine quote as well. Metallica got me into wanting to learn to play the guitar so many years ago :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Official_Adam_W said:

A fine quote as well. Metallica got me into wanting to learn to play the guitar so many years ago :)

I hereby appoint you to play the guitar for us at our next campfire. I'll bring the beer. 😎

You might be right about the servers shutting down before everything gets completely fixed. I hope not, but we'll see.

What does it matter?  When it drops they will mess up something else (never fails, ever) and then we'll wait 5+ more months to get a fix on an issue that the patch that hasn't even dropped caused.

• Thanks 1

As with everything else in this game, let's just expect it "soon" or in "The spring of 2017 2020."

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Bonker2468 said:

As with everything else in this game, let's just expect it "soon" or in "The spring of 2017 2020."

It is probably best never to put a date on anything at this point.....the developers and it’s community can’t handle deadline issues....

Edited by OCT 31 1978
Edited for gtdjlocker311

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

It is probably best never to put a date on anything at this point.....the developers can’t handle deadlines....

FTFY

• Like 1

When it drops, I would rather they focus on quality than speed at this point. That and finding away to give us something extra because if ever there was a time it’s now.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

FTFY😉

Is that your way of saying you disagree?  Have the developers done a good job of hitting deadlines?  Is the only problem, in your eyes, impatient fans?

On 6/15/2019 at 8:10 PM, gtdjlocker311 said:

Is that your way of saying you disagree?  Have the developers done a good job of hitting deadlines?  Is the only problem, in your eyes, impatient fans?

Here is how I see it....

there is fault on both sides especially when it comes to time tables and controlling expectations......

The developers definitely have a hard time keep up with the development/ fixes of the game........a lot can be said about where the game should be at this point....and it’s completely understandable.....

So no impatient fans is definitely not the only problem.

But on the other side of that is......when they actually did provide timelines or road maps they were brutally roasted by players of the game and our community.......so in this regard being damned if they do or damned  if they don’t has created the dynamic we have today where telling us they are working on things without a definite time frame......is safer.

We don’t know what issues Black Tower is having to deal with as they continue making fixes to the game.... their track record implies it is far more difficult than originally expected that’s for sure.

So I see both sides I see how frustrating the situation is.... for both the fans and Developers.

We all want to see the franchise and the game in a better place......

managing our own expectations is the only thing we can control when it comes to the continuing development of this game.

• Like 1

I just don't see why Gun didn't hire developers more qualified to fix their game, you would've thought after Illfonic they would've learned their lesson. I'm guessing it comes down to money and they could only hire who they could afford with a low budget. I'm not saying Black Tower is worse than Illfonic, but both companies do sure make lots of mistakes when it comes to fixing their game.... You really wouldn't know it was a different development studio if it wasn't for Gun filling us in and letting us know. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Brogan322 said:

I just don't see why Gun didn't hire developers more qualified to fix their game, you would've thought after Illfonic they would've learned their lesson. I'm guessing it comes down to money and they could only hire who they could afford with a low budget. I'm not saying Black Tower is worse than Illfonic, but both companies do sure make lots of mistakes when it comes to fixing their game.... You really wouldn't know it was a different development studio if it wasn't for Gun filling us in and letting us know. 

Regardless of who Gun may have chosen to hire, cleaning up someone else's mistakes is rarely an easy job. I feel for anyone who ever has to endure that.

• Like 1

I've never come across a game that's had so many patches badly mangle the game 2 + years after release. Can't see it ever being properly fixed tbh, I mean even the tripped out rainbow blotches on pinehurst are still present. The jason environment kill break free glitch is as bad as it gets - please get someone to test this stuff, I mean I'm not trying to purposely bash but how could 30 minutes of testing not bring up this issue? 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, kohagan said:

I've never come across a game that's had so many patches badly mangle the game 2 + years after release. Can't see it ever being properly fixed tbh, I mean even the tripped out rainbow blotches on pinehurst are still present. The jason environment kill break free glitch is as bad as it gets - please get someone to test this stuff, I mean I'm not trying to purposely bash but how could 30 minutes of testing not bring up this issue? 

Testing to find stuff is one thing. Testing to find stuff, and re-testing once it's "fixed" is an entirely different matter.

Given the amount of time between patches lately, I'd like to believe there's more testing going on now than in the past. We'll never know, as that's not something they're gonna elaborate on with us.

• Like 1

I just played a game as Jason on Pinehurst in which three counselors stayed on the roof the whole time.

It's bad enough that we still suffer through these same (and exciting new!) glitches.  

The fact that the mods won't allow us to post videos showing Jason how to get up there is just obnoxious.

Reverse this policy so that people who actually try to play the game the right way can have some sort of counterplay to glitchers.

5 hours ago, GhostWolfViking said:

"'Soon. Take it for what it is.''

That was the short version of the stream. 😄

I have never heard of this “Soon ™️“ he is speaking of.....😂🤣😂

I feel that the developers do not give importance to the game :(
I hope to confuse myself but that's what I see