@mattshotcha

i resently watched the latest episode of beyond with my main interest being some good news on the broken enviornment kills. the issue was addressed but i was rather disappointed with your response. i see your point that it isnt as much of a game breaking glitch as say the roof glitching and the team is focused on that issue for the time being. however, i feel the main problem has been overlooked. one of your examples was jason players "fluffing up" their kill count isnt as big a deal and you can still play as normal, but that is not the point at all. the point is: they are broken. they can not be used. also, unless it has changed and im unaware, if a "dead but not really dead" player escapes, the game gets held up until time runs out. so this is as game breaking as the roof glitch because it holds the game up almost the same way, worse in fact, because jason can get on a roof but he cant kill someone who has already escaped. my main concern though is that some of the enviornment kills are broken and killing brats is very important in the game none the less. the fluff is not the problem LOL. i hope i shead some light on why this is a big problem, and i thank you sir for your time and effort.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Fluffing is an issue, i once killed 27/8 in an offline bots, IT GIVES YOU XP FOR ALL 27 KILLS. It genuinely is a way of farming Xp lol

yeaah i mean, maybe ya smoke a little too much grass and end up fluffing up a bit too much.. and some players might not think that its fair when jason drownds somebody over 100 times.. but hey, a little fluff isnt tooo bad is it ? :P

Honestly, if you're counselor right now. Just huddle up inside a cabin and have everybody carry a weapon.

He's not going to execute a context kill at all and you'll have enough time to break/be freed before he can use choke/decap.

Sure, he can still slash you, but with all the objects in the way, he's still at a severe disadvantage.

Maybe this was yet another intentional/unintentional nerf like removing body blocking and non force shield windows and the godframes in between stuns.

Or maybe they realize that people will farm and they think, hey let’s fix this other thing that has been a major thorn in the players side and leave the thing that lets them level grind alone for now. 

I want it fixed but if you keep moving people to whatever problem is most immediate in peoples minds, nothing gets finish. 

TTT

5 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I want it fixed but if you keep moving people to whatever problem is most immediate in peoples minds, nothing gets finish. 

TTT

i agree, i would not expect the team to switch what they are working on for this. i thought it was important to bring up the reasons why it is a bigger problem than they may expect. i felt as if the problem was kinda brushed off during the beyond episode. there are much bigger problems to address, but i think this needs more attention. its like if the doors to cabins no longer opened.. or the question mark blocks in super mario could no longer be smashed..

6 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

i agree, i would not expect the team to switch what they are working on for this. i thought it was important to bring up the reasons why it is a bigger problem than they may expect. i felt as if the problem was kinda brushed off during the beyond episode. there are much bigger problems to address, but i think this needs more attention. its like if the doors to cabins no longer opened.. or the question mark blocks in super mario could no longer be smashed..

Sorry, reading my post again I can see why it sounds super critical. It wasn’t my intention, I was just trying too point out the obvious and included the first part because as a pub, I’d let it stay till we finished off the roof and see people leveling as an unintended bonus. 

I actually agree that it was brushed off. Probably why I really don’t envy Matt his position, he has very little recourse but to just keep the ball moving. Everyone of his answers can be turned against him later if they’re not 100%. 

23 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry, reading my post again I can see why it sounds super critical. It wasn’t my intention, I was just trying too point out the obvious and included the first part because as a pub, I’d let it stay till we finished off the roof and see people leveling as an unintended bonus. 

I actually agree that it was brushed off. Probably why I really don’t envy Matt his position, he has very little recourse but to just keep the ball moving. Everyone of his answers can be turned against him later if they’re not 100%. 

hey no critical damage taken, sir! you are correct, as is matt, by saying other things that are being worked on need done first. my intentions are simpley to point out that there are vaules of this enviornmental breakdown that should be veiwed as important. i mean no disrespect to matt or anybody responsible for this swell video game. matt does a great job and he needs the feedback to make progress. ask for the fluffing? rack up them fluff points all ya want! the look on mothers face when jason comes home with a 23/8!!

• Thanks 1

I definitely see the environmental kills not working more game breaking then the roof glitch. The roof glitch doesn’t affect my gaming experience near as much as the environmental kills not working. Most of my games It messes up at least once. 

7 hours ago, SteadyGosling said:

Fluffing is an issue, i once killed 27/8 in an offline bots, IT GIVES YOU XP FOR ALL 27 KILLS. It genuinely is a way of farming Xp lol

In offline bots I noticed the environmental kills work just fine?

1 hour ago, DontZzz34 said:

In offline bots I noticed the environmental kills work just fine?

that is correct, sir. offline environment kills (on xbox at least) are smooth as eggs. thanks for bringing that up. i wonder why that is.. 

31 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

that is correct, sir. offline environment kills (on xbox at least) are smooth as eggs. thanks for bringing that up. i wonder why that is.. 

I’m not sure why it works offline but not online. It’s weird lol

Not all of the environmental kills are broken.  These are the ones that are still working:

1. Bird bath

2. Window Toss (most of the time)

3. Head punch against the cabin wall.

4. The head bash again the wall, followed up by the curb stomp.  

5. Pruning: arms ripped off on the tree trunk. (worked on Higgins large but not on crystal lake large.)

The kills environmental kills that consistently do not work:

1. Coat hook and branch hanging.

2. Any new environmental kills added (example: barn kills on PineHurst).

Has anyone else been testing the other ones?

• Like 1

Just now, shodan said:

No didn’t even think to, just stopped using them. Thank you for the list though, love the coat hook kill.

28 minutes ago, shodan said:

Not all of the environmental kills are broken.  These are the ones that are still working:

1. Bird bath

2. Window Toss (most of the time)

3. Head punch against the cabin wall.

4. The head bash again the wall, followed up by the curb stomp.  

5. Pruning: arms ripped off on the tree trunk. (worked on Higgins large but not on crystal lake large.)

The kills environmental kills that consistently do not work:

1. Coat hook and branch hanging.

2. Any new environmental kills added (example: barn kills on PineHurst).

this is true, thanks for the list. here are a few more..

WORKING KILLS:

tree stump

crushing head into wall one handed

water pump

BROKEN KILLS:

slamming head on big rock

slamming head on tables/railings

SOME of the screwdriver/knife

cemetary gates

head slam in door

top floor windows

..thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

4 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

this is true, thanks for the list. here are a few more..

WORKING KILLS:

tree stump

crushing head into wall one handed

water pump

BROKEN KILLS:

slamming head on big rock

slamming head on tables/railings

SOME of the screwdriver/knife

cemetary gates

head slam in door

top floor windows

..thats all i can think of off the top of my head.

It’s a shame the head slam kills are all broken, those are some of my favorite kills, they are brutal and more importantly fast and don’t keep you locked in a lengthy animation.

Also some of the broken kills are limited to certain maps. A good example is the window toss, I haven’t tested against every map.  The coat hook seems to always be broken everywhere.

As bizarre as it sounds, this issue is only limited to multiplayer.  I haven’t tested in a private match or a locally hosted match.  

Edited by shodan
Clarified kills

8 minutes ago, shodan said:

It’s a shame the head slam kills are all broken, those are some of my favorite kills

i agree. some of my favorites are the tree spike hangings, those are great.

and yeaah the offline play all works fine. it must be some kind of connection issue or something. although, im no jason scientist.