Sign in to follow this  
LivingLegacy7

Jason Vs Firecrackers

I'm of the opinion that with the January patch that makes Jason immune to most forms of stun in rage mode, the value of firecrackers has been significantly reduced.

When playing as Jason I love when councillors throw firecrackers. I intentionally step on them to increase my rage metre. The stun seems to only last about 3-4 seconds and in most cases doesn't really hinder my ability to kill a councillor. It only delays me slightly.

Before the patch I found firecrackers useful for stunning Jason at the exit to reach the cops. Now most of the time when the cops arrive Jason is already rage mode and this tactic is no longer possible.

It seems the only time firecrackers come in handy is when your trapped in a tight space (e.g. small cabins) and Jason is closing in on you. Other than this they feel like a useless item..

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Whenever I play almost nobody grab them anymore and to be honest I'd rather have more first aid sprays over firecrackers now....Also doesn't help that a lot of the times they don't stun Jason either even before he gets rage. >_<

• Like 1

The very idea of Jason being stunned by firecrackers was absurd from the get-go. It would have made more sense to have them function similar to the COD series flashbang grenades (blind and deaf for a few seconds).

That said, they're useful for more than slowing down a Jason that's right on your ass or as a "barrier"to regain stamina. They can be used to: cover yourself or a teammate while performing repairs, deter Jason from following you in or out of buildings (such as the shack), gain a stamina boost (Drop firecrackers ---> get grabbed ---> Jason gets stunned ---> use resulting stamina boost to run away and/or stand there dancing like a retard), and you can use them to force Jason to release a teammate if he grabs someone and you don't have a weapon. 

After Rage kicks in they DO become kinda useless, but it's hilarious to watch a counselor drop them and then stand there to regain stamina, only to get grabbed because they've apparently forgotten they don't work after Rage.

I always see them used for cover around cars, the fuse box and during the phone call pre rage.

In terms of the phone house itself, assuming its a cabin and not the Pinehurst estate, the lodge at Packanack or the the Higgins house. I always take the time to destroy all the doors and the windows. Most Jason players just destroy one door of the phone house and move on to make better time and box people in.

I always make sure I leave myself room to be able to shift inside the phone house and grab the caller so they can't hide behind closed doors. A lot of the time, counselors only surround the fuse box and leave the caller alone thinking Jason won't go for them instead. I've herded many counselors doing this.