Sign in to follow this  
DeadlyD

Returning after almost a year

So I haven't been on these forums in almost a year, I haven't been on the game in almost a year, I have kept up with the lawsuit in hopes 1 day we could see Uber released, those hopes were smashed recently. But I just want to know whats happened? I just checked the staff posts, an aside from Matt no one else seems to be here anymore, have they given up? Other than Matt I see the Mods still hop in but as far as Devs/Publisher people go its been close to a year since they last posted or visited as well.

I know that Illfonic was switched out with Black Tower or something, sorry for not knowing the full name, but as I look around i see many many many complaints. I just want to know is there still hope for the game? Disclaimer: I'm not saying the game is dead because I know alot of people still play.

Any word on client side saves? This is still my biggest issue an all I ever heard was its not a priority.

Is the game in as rough shape as I hear? Like I said I haven't even loaded it up in almost a year.

I do try to watch Slash n Cast from time to time to get the latest but that dont help, I also watch SleevedBiker from time to time which is how I keep up with the lawsuit mainly.

Is Matt the only 1 who truly comes around? I don't really know him because I don't think he was around at the time I was last here. Shifty seems to be gone but his harassment notice still at the top of the forums about Victor even tho at this point I don't think anyone has issue with Victor, at least the majority.

• Like 1

Other than the rage buff to Jason.

You've literally missed absolutely nothing besides the bugs, bugs and...bugs.

- Same old hacks

- Random Counselor/Jason Bug

- Environmental Kills being a non option at this point because they don't work and only serve to inflate the kill count

- Interaction locks

Wes posted about changing the perk system a while back (might as well be years ago) but apparently the team is 'so small' so they can only handle one thing at a time.

Right now that 'one thing' is the roofs and the counselors using bear traps to get on them that still hasn't been entirely fixed.

So even with the lawsuit cutting the work down in theory,  the time it takes to do anything is still forever and ever and the results are still iffy being kind.

Oh and more stops and starts like NES Jason, Uber/Grendel, Paranoia only now its the perk system/balance and everything is based on 'high priority/low priority' stock answers. Oh and they said they'd release the game on Nintendo Switch in Spring 2019...sound familiar?

They'll usually stream about the games on Tuesday, but its usually only an hour or less (matt does them) and its just usually again...stock answers.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Other than the rage buff to Jason.

You've literally missed absolutely nothing besides the bugs, bugs and...bugs.

You left off the return of the dreaded Database Login Failure for PC players over the past few weeks. 

• Like 1

@DeadlyD, communication is still very rocky but as mentioned, the Beyond streams on twitch are the best place for it at this point, Matt does eventually get back to people on the forums but he’s apparently very busy with LoF2 and the switch release. 

Things aren’t great but the game is as enjoyable as ever, so it’s not a complete disaster. Ideally the next patch will take care of the roof glitches and than other things can improve too. The discord for Friday also has a Community Rep. named Mel, not sure why the official forums don’t have a Mel but maybe we’re just too much. Personally I think we’re a much nicer group then they give us credit for.

Glad you’re back D, and since I never got to say it before... Welcome to camp.

• Like 1