Sign in to follow this  
TomDice

Changing your PS4 username and how it affects your saved data

What changes will happen if I change my PS4 game tag?

3 hours ago, TomDice said:

What changes will happen if I change my PS4 game tag?

Sony released a list of games that would have no adverse effects on if you changed your user name. Friday the 13th is on that list. However, if you do plan on changing your name, I would try finding that list and make sure all the games you play and have data saved for is on that list. If the game isn't supported, you will lose all your progress.

Edit....

Here you go, this is the list that has all the games and if they will be supported with the name change

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Sony released a list of games that would have no adverse effects on if you changed your user name. Friday the 13th is on that list. However, if you do plan on changing your name, I would try finding that list and make sure all the games you play and have data saved for is on that list. If the game isn't supported, you will lose all your progress.

Edit....

Here you go, this is the list that has all the games and if they will be supported with the name change

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/

Thanks for that list.

i can confirm nothing happens for f13th or gta 5 but i agree best check the list because there are other games in which it affects things much worse.

Whats the point of changing tags? I get so confused who is in my steam friends list with everyone always changing names and also deleting previous name history.

1 hour ago, badassgixxer05 said:

Whats the point of changing tags?

I cant speak for everyone, but in my case (which I haven't gotten around to it yet) I originally made the PSN name I use now for my son. I had no intentions on really playing the system much and never played any online games (until Friday came along). My son was a huge Disney Cars fan when I set up the PSN account, hence the name cars-fan. After realizing back then that my son had no interest in gaming, I was stuck with the name cars-fan. I will eventually get around to changing it since you get one freebie, but I'm not in any rush.

24 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

I cant speak for everyone, but in my case (which I haven't gotten around to it yet) I originally made the PSN name I use now for my son. I had no intentions on really playing the system much and never played any online games (until Friday came along). My son was a huge Disney Cars fan when I set up the PSN account, hence the name cars-fan. After realizing back then that my son had no interest in gaming, I was stuck with the name cars-fan. I will eventually get around to changing it since you get one freebie, but I'm not in any rush.

Ahh, makes sense. Could have been worst. Could have had a daughter and be known as the DisneyPrincess or something.. lol

• Haha 1

At one point i changed the names of my PS3 and Vita because my Sony systems all had different names,and i decided i'd rather they all share the same name just to make things easier.When i changed my name on my PS3 and Vita,though,it came at the cost of losing all my save data for my games.As a result,i don't recommend it,unless you really wish to change your system's profile name that badly.

For the hardcore gamer, I would suggest picking the ideal name the first time around. It would royally suck to lose hundreds or thousands of hours of progress.

Is this just a PS4 thing or an Xbox thing also? I’ve never heard of any negative impacts changing ur name on Xbox, just curious for future reference.

1 hour ago, BlkHawk said:

Is this just a PS4 thing or an Xbox thing also? I’ve never heard of any negative impacts changing ur name on Xbox, just curious for future reference.

I’ve never had this issue on Xbox. Sucks for PS4 😆

1 hour ago, BlkHawk said:

I'd be curious to know that as well. I'm look around and see if I can find anything and let you know.